Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 4 Empty Re: RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:56 pm

I will get back to you on all this. I gotta make lunch before work :\
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between. - Page 4 Empty Re: RPG Maker: Questions, Answers, and everything in-between.

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Roger that.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:14 pm

I was also wondering how you make interior doors.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Note to self:
Interior Maps are fun to make.
Exterior Maps- FML.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:04 pm

I REALLY love the ability to change the pitch of the music.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:07 am

Is it normal to spend an hour writing one event? I have been having a lot of fun making basic quests, but I always add so much dialogue that it takes forever to implement.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:26 pm

I am also trying to figure out how to make events effect each other.
I currently have one event turning switch 0001 on, but the other event does not seem to activate whether or notthe event it is set to is on or off.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:42 pm

I generally spent between 5-6 hours for one city (including side-quests and cut scenes). Then another hour or two cleaning up code and glitches.

Also, events can trigger each other. You must double check all your conditions.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 pm

You seriously need to download my game. Don't even play it, just open it in the editor and go over the coding.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Will do.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Another Question: (Do let me know if I need to shut up)

What do you consider the best way to make exterior maps?
Likewise are there any good (free) sprite packs to make forest-like environments with interior?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Again I must ask a question: How large of a project do you think i should undertake for my first project? I don't want to make a large game at this point, but I do want to make something. With that in mind, I need to know how much to bite off before I can create adequate context for a mini story.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Question: One concept I have been working on is for a small town with a dried up river; completing the quest however would restore the river flow.

For this what would be the best choice of action?
Should I create multiple events to transfer sprites into position, or should I just swap out the map? and transfer the NPC events over?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:52 pm

You could do both. What I did for one of my cities was that I finished the first one then copied the map and pasted it beneath the first. Then I made all the changes, altered the dialogues where I needed etc.

MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE ALL THE TRANSPORT PLAYER EVENTS least it will glitch
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Koenig wrote:Again I must ask a question:  How large of a project do you think i should undertake for my first project? I don't want to make a large game at this point, but I do want to make something. With that in mind, I need to know how much to bite off before I can create adequate context for a mini story.

Do a main storyline, start to end, with a few side quests. Do suffin simple.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks. I have been working on several miniature plots, but I have yet to find a way to tie them together.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:31 pm

I have finally decided on one plot, but It is taking more time than I anticipated to draw out the maps.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:54 pm

I will re-iterate a question:

Is there a way to make it so that if "else" is triggered, it will read another section of else? Or will I have to re-write everything for a multi-layered conversation?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 pm

So if my avatar hasn't tipped you off, I hit another snag.

How do I create a character face or sprite-set AND add other faces to that sheet?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:58 pm

BUMP:
I need some help. I am trying to create an interior door that does not vanish after one use, however I am having trouble figure out how to do that. I have found some guides that show the event list to set it up, but I do not understand the event menu system well enough to implement them.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 am

1. Yes. Will explain tomorrow.
2. Just put the next person's face on that same sheet. Mind the face size.

3. What do you mean interior door? Screen shots please.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:05 am

-Mazer wrote:1. Yes. Will explain tomorrow.
2. Just put the next person's face on that same sheet. Mind the face size.

3. What do you mean interior door? Screen shots please.
using the door sprites inside a building (Interior tile sets)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:46 am

Don't use the interior tile set. Use an event to make a door.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 am

-Mazer wrote:Don't use the interior tile set. Use an event to make a door.
I am using events now, but I only know how to use the door animation with the pre-set door option; I am still encountering the problem however.

When ever I use the door and my character is transported, the door/event seemingly disappears; making its use after returning from the other side of the wall impossible.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Don't use the interior tile set. Use an event to make a door.
I am using events now, but I only know how to use the door animation with the pre-set door option; I am still encountering the problem however.

When ever I use the door and my character is transported, the door/event seemingly disappears; making its use after returning from the other side of the wall impossible.
So are you transferring your player to another room in the same map?
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next