Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

+10
Bearhugger29
Slainwolff
smirkytrick
Cybersix
-Insanity-
Justin
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
-Mazer
Koenig
14 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Lemme see
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:03 pm

260,000 for Ass creed III
160,000 for Ass Creed IV

total sales world wide.

Ubisoft does have a point when it comes to sales numbers however I wonder if it less that people don't want Creed and more that WiiU owners don't want recycled annual game releases.

Though that doesn't account for Mario 3D World sales

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BURN
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:29 pm

-Mazer wrote:260,000 for Ass creed III
160,000 for Ass Creed IV

total sales world wide.

Ubisoft does have a point when it comes to sales numbers however I wonder if it less that people don't want Creed and more that WiiU owners don't want recycled annual game releases.

Though that doesn't account for Mario 3D World sales

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BURN
people don't buy Nintendo consoles to play 3rd party games, annualized or not.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:25 am

I buy Nintendo consoles to play quality games. If a 3rd party release's a game that meets my standards I will buy it for my Nintendo system.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 am

Koenig wrote:I buy Nintendo consoles to play quality games.  If a 3rd party release's a game that meets my standards I will buy it for my Nintendo system.  

This.

I hate that excuse about only buying 1st parties. I'll believe it when 3rd parties put very high quality games on the Ninty consoles and THEN they don't sell.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:55 am

For quality let's look at quality games - 3rd party - sold on the Gamecube. The last system Devs actually put effort into:

Rogue Squardron 2: 1.9 million copies

Resident Evil 4: 1.69 million - and just for giggles the Wii version? 2.18 version - totalling more than the PS2 version

Killer7 a niche title, sold .15 million on the Gamecube, almost double than the PS2 version.

Viewtiful Joe. .62 million vs the .28 on PS2

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:02 am

So very clearly Nintendo fans buy quality software when it actually available.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:12 am

Tales of Symphonia: 1.1 million

Eternal Darkness - another niche and under talked about game at the time: .44 million

Resident Evil Remake: 1.4 million

Time Splitters 2 - another niche title - .44 million

Soul Caliber II - 1.5 million coming second the PS2's 2.06

RE0 - 1.29 million

Fire Emblum - .55 million

skies of Arcadia - on the dreamcast it sold .09 million. it sold .22 million on Gamecube

Now, if you want perspective, the highest selling game was Melee at 7 million copies over its lifetime.

So still - in an era where a million sales was fantastic and half was great...people still bought a great amount of QUALITY 3rd party games for the Gamecube.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:16 am

New Smash 3DS trailers.

Spoiler:

Starting roster has possibly been revealed too.
Spoiler:
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:57 pm

I don't know what to think about the "New 3DS". All the additions are nice, but the fact that it will be getting games that only it can play will surely divide the market. I still don't know if it is backwards compatible to DS games (I have heard conflicting reports)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:02 pm

Koenig wrote:I don't know what to think about the "New 3DS".  All the additions are nice, but the fact that it will be getting games that only it can play will surely divide the market.  I still don't know if it is backwards compatible to DS games (I have heard conflicting reports)

Yeah it kinda sucks. There better not be too many games that are only playable on it.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Has there been any official word about the New 3DS in regards to DS backwards compatibility? That is the deciding factor of whether or not I will be getting the system.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:18 pm

The fact that there's been no official word on it probably means no.

EDIT: Apparently it's been confirmed that DS games can be played on the Japanese Nintendo website.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:33 pm

YES! Whelp, it looks like I have another thing to buy next year. Nintendo's recent change of heart and dedication to things that interest me is raping my wallet.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Are you going to get Smash for 3DS?

That goes to everyone here in fact.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:45 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:Are you going to get Smash for 3DS?

That goes to everyone here in fact.
Of course!
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:47 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:Starting roster has possibly been revealed too.
Spoiler:
Hmm..

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 14 Screen-6
Oh look, Dark Link costume returns! Very Happy

Spoiler:
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:04 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:Starting roster has possibly been revealed too.
Spoiler:
Hmm..

Spoiler:

EDIT:
Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 14 Screen-6
Oh look, Dark Link costume returns! Very Happy

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And everyone who gets Smash 3DS must play online together!

Last edited by TensePsychopath on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:15 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

TensePsychopath wrote:And everyone who gets Smash 3DS must play online together!
Definitely.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:29 pm

I am getting Smash Bros for Wii U. I may get the 3DS version if I have the money.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Koenig wrote:I am getting Smash Bros for Wii U.  I may get the 3DS version if I have the money.
Due to the release date gap, I have to obtain both.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Also I am calling bullshyt on Minecraft's reasoning for skipping the WiiU again.

They claim it is because the install base is small. However they are still porting the game to the X1 and the PS Vita. Both which are being out-sold by the WiiU and 3DS respectfully.

Furthermore, Crapcom is skipping WiiU for Resident Evil Revelations despite the fact that Nintendo fans bought more RER games than the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined!

And if it is about sales; why the HELL are they even making a PC version when the PC version sold .02 million copies making it the WORST of all the systems it sold on?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 am

To be fair, the Vita is far more likely to be even capable of handling Minecraft, the idea of a 3DS running it is simply a pipe dream by comparison. No excuse for it not to be on the Wi U however.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:48 am

They really need to optimise Minecraft for PC. Seriously, it's like a joke.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:23 pm

LegendX48 wrote:To be fair, the Vita is far more likely to be even capable of handling Minecraft, the idea of a 3DS running it is simply a pipe dream by comparison. No excuse for it not to be on the Wi U however.

I don't buy that. You are telling me that MC can play easily on a phone, but not the 3ds?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next