Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

+10
Bearhugger29
Slainwolff
smirkytrick
Cybersix
-Insanity-
Justin
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
-Mazer
Koenig
14 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by smirkytrick Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:24 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:
SmirkyTrick wrote:I make good arguments!
:3

ColumbianLoom wrote:Btw if your thinking about going into the industry Smirky, make sure to stay away from the big guys; at least at first. Your ideas might have a better chance in smaller studios where they can really come to life. And you won't have to worry as much working for the smaller guys because mainstream developers will probably take a crowbar and beat your ideas down to a pulp.
I way ahead of ya. I already have my "PLAN" partially figured out. First, get my degree. Second, meet up with Mazer and Keonig to form our business. And third, Kickstarter!...... still trying to figure out on how to get the necessary equipment.

LegendX48 wrote:That's where things get a bit skewed. The Wii U is getting relatively decent 3rd party support. The only company who truly isn't supporting it is EA.
I agree, I remember seeing Assassin's Creed coming for the wiiU, but I haven't heard about it for awhile. Warner Bros. is still providing the WiiU with good games like Batman: AC, Injustice, and Scribblenauts. And there are plethora or games from the Kickstarter campaigns like shovel knight, Mighty No. 9, Hat in Time, etc. And Wayforward.... I can't think of a single one of their games that isn't on the WiiU. But I am sorta surprised that TallTale isn't part of the wiiU library. I can see games like Sam & Max or The wolf Among us working for the system as well.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread

Post by -Mazer Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:12 pm

*goes through his usual google searches* Oh look. Another page and a half of "Nintendo should cancel the WiiU and start all over".

Yes. Because it is just that easy to cancel a system and start all over, isn't it? Now watch. When the next big 1st party title is released again, everyone will be singing a different tune all over again until the next slow-down of sales.

It's a constant cycle.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:16 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:22 pm

I am excited for it, but also annoyed. I would much rather see a DS/3DS player so I can play my existing games on the system rather than buy them over again.

(That and Nintendo sucks at populating their VCON library)

*Bitch/moan*

I still like the addition though.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm kinda concerned, about the image they provided.
Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 4 Article_img
Notice that both the top and bottom screens are on the gamepad. I hope there's a setting.

Also I turned on my 360 to play some games When I noticed that there was a section for sports games, and for the thumbnail was one of the guys from punch-out.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:20 pm

It's not so much that they're both on the gamepad that irks me, it's the fact that they are side by side rather than stacked on top of one another.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 pm

smirkytrick wrote:

Also I turned on my 360 to play some games When I noticed that there was a section for sports games, and for the thumbnail was one of the guys from punch-out.
screencap it!!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:

screencap it!!!!

here it is, it's above the netflix ad
Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 4 1505464_617697661617859_74459137_n
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Von Kaiser?
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:43 pm

Official All-Gaming Discussion Thread - Formally Zelda and Nintendo Thread - Page 4 Mike_Tyson's_Punch-Out!!_-_NES_-_Von_Kaiser
No doubt about it. It is Von Kaiser
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:21 am

Shouldn't something like this get them in trouble?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:50 am

LegendX48 wrote:Shouldn't something like this get them in trouble?
I believe so
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:16 pm

Warner Bros. and Nintendo are issuing refunds to Wii U owners of Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass. Due to a lack of demand, the Mr. Freeze DLC story DLC is no longer coming to Wii U and because of this WBIE and Nintendo are giving back the entire $20 in eShop credit.

Still if you were a Season Pass holder, you've probably already received three skin packs and the Initiation Challenge Maps, which Nintendo encourages you to keep and enjoy. While not a perfect scenario, Wii U owners basically received that Season Pass for free, sans the best part of the deal.

This is bull. These guys are punishing those people who bought the game for the WiiU and showed their support by getting the season pass to support the game and the DLC but just because the sale numbers weren't high enough, they will punish those who bought the game for the system by denying them the final mission pack?? Screw that!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:43 pm

That is bullshit Mazer. They were promised that mission pack, at least they weren't ripped off though like some companies would do *cough* CAPCOM *cough*

Also, turns out the reason why von keiser was in the microsoft menu was because there's this documentary about the sports genre of video games. still, out of all the images that they could of used as a thumbnail, they chose punch-out... WHY?! This was not an accident, they new it was gonna catch attention. They knew it was misleading. Even the title is a bit misleading, "SPORTS GAMES" well if it's a documentary why not "SPORTS GAME DOCUMENTARY" ?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:35 pm

*Random thought*

Nintendo should buy or fund Capcom for certain games, or better yet create new Development Studio's of their own.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:19 am

Koenig wrote:*Random thought*

Nintendo should buy or fund Capcom for certain games, or better yet create new Development Studio's of their own.

This would be the best option. I'm all about more internal development studios.

And Capcom has been a good partner to Nintendo in the past, so they'll definitely keep on interacting with each other. My wish is that one day Capcom will let Nintendo EAD make a Megaman game. I would die of happiness.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 pm

know what? I am done. seriously. I am done giving 3rd parties a chance.

namco/bandai just cancelled their pacman arcade collection. only for wiiu and 3ds. 360 and ps3 get it still.

this is pathetic. the most pathetix I have ever seen any console generation. how the hell can they not port it to the wiiu?

http://www.screwattack.com/news/pac-man-museum-has-been-canceled-nintendo-eshop-due-development-delays
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:41 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/69210/nintendo-integrates-console-and-handheld-teams-next-architecture-inspired-by-iosandroid

This is very interesting. This makes me very curious to see what Nintendo will do with their next handheld/console. I think they're going on the right direction with this.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/69210/nintendo-integrates-console-and-handheld-teams-next-architecture-inspired-by-iosandroid

This is very interesting. This makes me very curious to see what Nintendo will do with their next handheld/console. I think they're going on the right direction with this.

I think the goal is simply to improve development.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Koenig wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/69210/nintendo-integrates-console-and-handheld-teams-next-architecture-inspired-by-iosandroid

I think the goal is simply to improve development.

He talks about hardware and how they're planning on having one unitary system, where the handheld and console would play the same games.

It's more than simply having faster game development times, this could change their whole way of hardware business.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I do have my doubts about it, simply due to hard ware components; but from a software perspective it would mean a much more functional and compatible system.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:59 pm

I think I just need a break from arguing in the GT Forums.

I'm getting so tired of arguing about the same shit. And no matter how many sources I go and find to back up my arguments the same dipshits keep on falling back to their same ol' conclusions and totally ignore all my points. It's like arguing with a damn brick wall. When I'm wrong or do something stupid, I'll say it and apologize, but these people just stand in one spot and won't budge at all. So god damn stubborn.

And it makes even more mad when I give Nintendo any type of criticism, I'm like this terrible person for even bringing an opposing view. It just irritates me so much. A lot of the time the writing is on the wall and these people just can't realize simple truths.

Also, on other note: I hate same ol' uneducated arguments about Nintendo going under. Machinma put a video like last week or something about how since the Wii U is doing bad and that Iwata and Miyamoto lowered their pay, that they should just go third party because it's "inevitable" anyways.

THAT ISN'T FUCKING TRUE AT ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next three generations Nintendo could fail and Nintendo would still be ok, and that's not including the handheld market. People, really underestimate Nintendo's savings. And it just boggles my mind that these so called professionals don't realize this shit. It's almost like they want Nintendo to fail, it's so dumb.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:49 pm

the gt forums are the worst kind of fanboys. you saw how they talked to Legend when he disliked mario 3d world or how they ganged up on you for changing your mind on same game.

and I really do think they want Nintendo to fail. I honestly think the success of the Wii was son offensive that people just want the company to burn.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 pm

-Mazer wrote:the gt forums are the worst kind of fanboys. you saw how they talked to Legend when he disliked mario 3d world or how they ganged up on you for changing your mind on same game.

and I really do think they want Nintendo to fail. I honestly think the success of the Wii was son offensive that people just want the company to burn.

Ya, they're fucking horrible. And I hate how there isn't enough open-minded Nintendo fans on it to talk more sense into these guys. Back in the days of factions, there definitely was because you were there along others. Speaking of factions, did you go on the Wii Faction that often? I was a part of it but I didn't ever post in it because I didn't really understand factions the first couple of years of being on GT and I just never took advantage of them. But now looking back, the Wii Faction must have been a really good community. No trolls, no extreme fanboys, and no moderators. I really wish factions would make a return, I don't understand why GT would take away one of the most unique things about its forums....

And totally. For some reason they just have some grudge against Nintendo and just want them to burn. Let's be honest here, the hate wouldn't stop if they turned third party. They would continue to try to look for ways to give them shit. I just hate it. I mean, I'm not that happy with Nintendo either but I just want them to fix/stop some of the stupid mistakes they've been doing and I think most people would agree with me. I don't want to go third party and all this shit, I just want to fix some pretty simple problems. And I give credit to Nintendo as much as I can, I'm not bashing on them because I hate them. I love Nintendo and I just want them to be successful and strive. The criticism I give them is because I want them to do better and by not saying anything, nothing will change. As fans and consumers, it's our responsibility to speak up when things go south.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Nintendo is hated for being different. It is a shame, but true.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next