Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSS Anime Thread Vol. II

+4
Squirrel500
Cybersix
-Mazer
Lunacy
8 posters

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

WSS Anime Thread Vol. II - Page 21 Empty Re: WSS Anime Thread Vol. II

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Finished Accel World by skipping through the last 3 eps. You can probably guess I didn't like it, I gave it a 4 on mal.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:29 pm

@Squirrel

The CR is having glitches with the messages, so if you don't get my message, let me know. I didn't get your messages till like 30 mins ago.

Darth Luna wrote:Yeah, Key are great at that. Their other series are also tear jerkers...even Little Busters, to an extent. But the one that made me cry the most at the end was Air. Holy shit is it fucking sad at the end. Here are the mal links to the other shows of theirs I liked.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/101/Air
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1530/Kanon_%282006%29

I'd highly, highly recommend having something that'll cheer you up ready after Air. Though it's the one I gave the lowest score to...I had watched it a bit after Clannad, so maybe I had too high expectations. I've been wanting to rewatch it again, but I hesitate because it made me cry so much.

I plan to watch Air for sure, but just one simple question: Is there any kissing in either of them?

Darth Luna wrote:Finished Accel World by skipping through the last 3 eps. You can probably guess I didn't like it, I gave it a 4 on mal.

See, I'm hesitant on watching it because I don't think I'm going to like the MC. I get that he's short and fat, but he doesn't even look like any of the characters. He looks very out of place which kind of bugs me. It's like everyone else is normal and then he's chibi. It just doesn't seen right.

But anyways, that's just my bias from looking at screenshots. I'm guessing it's nowhere as good as SAO?
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't recall much of kissing, but then again, I watched both series a long time ago.

And I'd agree with your gripe about how the mc looks. It does seem like he has a completely different art stlye compared to everyone else, but more than anything, he's a whiny bitch.

I would say that SAO was A LOT better than it. I kept hearing both being compared and many people claiming this one was actually better, but I can't agree with that at all.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Darth Luna wrote:I don't recall much of kissing, but then again, I watched both series a long time ago.

And I'd agree with your gripe about how the mc looks. It does seem like he has a completely different art stlye compared to everyone else, but more than anything, he's a whiny bitch.

I would say that SAO was A LOT better than it. I kept hearing both being compared and many people claiming this one was actually better, but I can't agree with that at all.

Well Kyoto Animation did make it so I'm not surprised if there's no kissing. Damn bastards......

And lol that's what I thought. I'll probably think the same thing once I watch it. I too find it strange that people thought Accel World was better than SAO. Maybe hype hate made them like Accel World more haha.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 pm

I'll say this, I took a break from Accel World to watch new anime ep and I enjoyed the fuck out of the new Argevollen ep. I don't know why, but I just enjoyed that new ep a lot.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Darth Luna wrote:WSS Anime Thread Vol. II - Page 21 10524361_699258610109634_2390421764806162371_n

Haha, what a good line. I should re-read and re-watch Kaichou wa maid-sama.

I just looked it up on MAL it has good reviews. I think I might check this one out.

But I have a question: What's the main dude like? I'm not too big of a "pretty boy" fan.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Darth Luna wrote:I'll say this, I took a break from Accel World to watch new anime ep and I enjoyed the fuck out of the new Argevollen ep. I don't know why, but I just enjoyed that new ep a lot.

You liked the new Argevollen? I didn't like it at all. I think almost feel asleep while watching it because it was so boring to me. I'm not enjoying that show at all. I may end up dropping it later down the line like I did with M3.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:55 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:I just looked it up on MAL it has good reviews. I think I might check this one out.

But I have a question: What's the main dude like? I'm not too big of a "pretty boy" fan.
Usui is kind of a jerk. I wouldn't call him a "pretty boy" at all.
ColumbianLoom wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:I'll say this, I took a break from Accel World to watch new anime ep and I enjoyed the fuck out of the new Argevollen ep. I don't know why, but I just enjoyed that new ep a lot.

You liked the new Argevollen? I didn't like it at all. I think almost feel asleep while watching it because it was so boring to me. I'm not enjoying that show at all. I may end up dropping it later down the line like I did with M3.
Lol, you dropped M3? I have it on hold since I feel it'll be better to watch without long breaks. As for Argevollen, I'm just saying that I was suffereing so much from grinding through Accel World that I ended up enjoying the ep for no reason other than that it wasn't Accel World. xD

I really disliked it, I actually feel my score of a "4" is on the generous side.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Watching Servant X Service....my mood is improving.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:15 am

@Luna

Well I'll check out that anime, but I just don't think I'm going to like main guy, but maybe he'll grow on me.

And lol, that's kind of what I thought but I wasn't sure haha. Now I really don't want to watch accel world! And I did drop M3, I literally don't care for any of the characters or what's going on. So I figured that it would be best I just dropped it

Also have you been watching Tokyo ESP luna (I forgot if you told me or not)? I feel like that's a show that would like a lot, I for one am liking it so far.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Lol, I think you'll love him. xD

Also yeah, I really wish I hadn't wasted my time with it, but at the same time, I'm glad I just got it out of the way. If anyone recommends it to me, they'll fall before my righteous fury.

As for M3, I totally feel the same. Not only that, but the relationships between everyone haven't actually been developed. They just suddenly moved into it with them all really caring about each other and I missed all the development of that. Why does Akashi care so much for Sasame? There was no build up at all. He just suddenly loves her with all his might. I get that it's supposed to be a bit of a mystery, but this isn't how it's done. I watched what I hadn't been, I had put it on hold at ep 9 and watched all the newest eps up to 14, and I don't get it. Things are happening, but they're not being developed. It's like the plot is just happening without any explanation.
It feels like if they're trying really hard to be Evangelion as well. It's just feels like a waste of potential. :/

Yes, I mentioned how Tokyo ESP was very similar to Zettai Karen Children and The Unlimited: Hyoubo Kyousuke(which is a spinoff/sequel to ZKC). I'm pretty confused as to what's going on right now, though. I'm guessing this is one of those shows that they air it out of chronological order. To be honest, I'm not a fan of that style. I do think it's pretty though and I find it intriguing, but I can easily get annoyed at it if it doesn't make any sense.
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about it just yet. That first ep was especially awkward. It just felt like we were supposed to know what was going on. I was so confused I even looked it up to make sure this wasn't the sequel to something else, since it seemed like we were supposed to know what's going on.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 pm

You might be forgiven for assuming the Akira live-action remake has crashed and burned irreparably, but it seems Warner are still attempting to kick-start the difficult production with some new life.

The live-action adaptation has been over at Warner Bros. for years. A long list of stars and filmmakers have been attached to the project, but just as soon as we hear that someone has been connected, we inevitably hear they've left for some reason or another. Currently, Orphan director Jaume Collet-Serra is attached to direct, but today we've heard Edge of Tomorrow scribe, Dante Harper has been hired to write the script.

Harper provided the first spec script for Edge of Tomorrow, one of this year's standout science fiction movies. The Tom Cruise starring flick might not have done incredibly at the box office, but it did receive surprisingly strong reviews, and I can personally testify to its awesomeness. However, scripting duties were later completed by Christoper McQuarrie and others, so it's unclear how much of Harper's involvement was present in the final film. Indeed, the fact it was rewritten - although commonplace in Hollywood - does not inspire a great amount of confidence.

The last we heard, After Earth's Gary Whitta had provided a script which saw Neo-Tokyo relocated to a Manhattan Island which had been sold to the Japanese. It is still unclear if this is the story Harper will be working on or whether this concept has been scrapped. Apparently, one of the biggest issues identified by Whitta was transplanting an adult-orientated and violent manga, for the below R-rated American audience.

Collet-Serra has previously stated that he sees any live-action Akira movie as hopefully kick-starting a trilogy of movies. However, even Collet-Serra nearly backed away from the project due to concerns with the script. All of this does not particular bode well, does it?

Of course, the big issue is this: Do we really need a live-action, Americanized version of Akira? Many dedicated fans of the original might be unwilling to see the classic re-hashed into the American PG-13 action market, which isn't exactly known for delivering great remakes. Collet-Serra has said his version will not be a straight beat-for-beat remake, but will instead work off the 'spirit' of Akira. Personally, I think this is a nice way of saying their taking a highly recognizable name and making their own movie off of the back of it.

With Akira still apparently stalling at the starting gates, I do not imagine we'll he hearing much in terms of progress any time soon, although this news does at least confirm the project still has a slice of Warner's attention.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Already know about that mazar, why are you just posting it, you should have at least quoted it. >_>

Also, watched new ep of Jinsei, was funny. I'm enjoying this show. It's funny and has a relaxing mood to it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 pm

New eps of Rokujouma and Rail Wars were good.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:54 pm

watched all available episodes of akame ga kill, when's the 4 episode? tomorrow night?
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Well considering the kick you're currently on, it makes sense.

I need to add both to plan to watch list

and I don't remember if I mentioned this but I can get Angel Beats from the library XD
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:27 am

You did mention it already.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 am

Darth Luna wrote:Lol, I think you'll love him. xD

Also yeah, I really wish I hadn't wasted my time with it, but at the same time, I'm glad I just got it out of the way. If anyone recommends it to me, they'll fall before my righteous fury.

As for M3, I totally feel the same. Not only that, but the relationships between everyone haven't actually been developed. They just suddenly moved into it with them all really caring about each other and I missed all the development of that. Why does Akashi care so much for Sasame? There was no build up at all. He just suddenly loves her with all his might. I get that it's supposed to be a bit of a mystery, but this isn't how it's done. I watched what I hadn't been, I had put it on hold at ep 9 and watched all the newest eps up to 14, and I don't get it. Things are happening, but they're not being developed. It's like the plot is just happening without any explanation.
It feels like if they're trying really hard to be Evangelion as well. It's just feels like a waste of potential. :/

Yes, I mentioned how Tokyo ESP was very similar to Zettai Karen Children and The Unlimited: Hyoubo Kyousuke(which is a spinoff/sequel to ZKC). I'm pretty confused as to what's going on right now, though. I'm guessing this is one of those shows that they air it out of chronological order. To be honest, I'm not a fan of that style. I do think it's pretty though and I find it intriguing, but I can easily get annoyed at it if it doesn't make any sense.
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about it just yet. That first ep was especially awkward. It just felt like we were supposed to know what was going on. I was so confused I even looked it up to make sure this wasn't the sequel to something else, since it seemed like we were supposed to know what's going on.

In regards to Tokyo ESP: It starts at the end of the first arc and then it starts at the beginning starting from episode 2. I actually watched its sister anime Ga-Rei: Zero and that one started out the same exact way with starting at the end and going back to the beginning. For Ga-Rei: Zero it worked out very well because it left you thinking how the hell it got to that point, but in ESP it felt a little out of place. I wish they just started from the beginning from the get-go, but whatever. So far its pacing reminds me of Black Bullet's because it's moving so fast and it's packing in so many things from the manga. I really liked Black Bullet (gave it a 8/10), but the pacing for ESP did take me a little by surprise, at least episode 3 it did. But I still find ESP very enjoyable because its setting is awesome and the characters are interesting. I totally get a X-Men vibe from the show! It's pretty much a Japanese take on American comic book series and I really like that about it.

That's the thing with Accel World, I just want to watch it to say I watched it and be done with it because whenever someone brings up Accel World, I have no idea what they're talking about lol.

And I'm glad we agree on M3, I mean you nailed it! It's totally like the characters just skipped the development and it's really strange. Since I didn't care for any of the characters, I just saw no point to continue it.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:16 am

Darth Luna wrote:New eps of Rokujouma and Rail Wars were good.

How's Rokujouma compared to Blade Dance of the Elementalers?
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:35 am

I like the characters a lot more in Rokujouma. Especially Yurika for some reason....I just want to bully her. *evil grin*

Finished season one of Working!! and I really liked it. Taneshima is so freaking adorable. @__@
Also, dat Kotori.=D
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:10 pm

WSS Anime Thread Vol. II - Page 21 AYbzPp7_700b
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:15 pm

o.o

hmm....

*shun's mazar*
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Aldnoah.Zero - I'm bored

SAOII - still alright....although
Spoiler:

Magic High school - Par for the course, which means I like it as much as I've been liking it. It's always compelling and interesting.

Barakamon - Another enjoyable episode.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 pm

yay cr finally got the next season of RWBY, I still wished MAL considered it an anime Really?
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:34 am

hey luna I forgot to ask earlier but is samurai high school good? I saw it on your mal profile.
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next