Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koenig and Smirky's Project: "FPS Party" (Kinda Secret)

+2
smirkytrick
Koenig
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Koenig and Smirky's Project: "FPS Party" (Kinda Secret) - Page 3 Empty Re: Koenig and Smirky's Project: "FPS Party" (Kinda Secret)

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Though at the very least, I think the logo is worth keeping.

Koenig and Smirky's Project: "FPS Party" (Kinda Secret) - Page 3 CrashLogo_zpse48aaa4f
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Koenig and Smirky's Project: "FPS Party" (Kinda Secret) - Page 3 Empty Re: Koenig and Smirky's Project: "FPS Party" (Kinda Secret)

Post by smirkytrick Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Koenig wrote:Though at the very least, I think the logo is worth keeping.

Koenig and Smirky's Project: "FPS Party" (Kinda Secret) - Page 3 CrashLogo_zpse48aaa4f
indeed. It may need the game titles initials though/
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 pm

So, do you have any questions or suggestions about the design of the game so far?

*Looks closesly at logo...*

Hmm...Do you think the logo should be tilted clock wise a little? It's current tilt looks a bit steep.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Koenig wrote:So, do you have any questions or suggestions about the design of the game so far?

*Looks closesly at logo...*

Hmm...Do you think the logo should be tilted clock wise a little?  It's current tilt looks a bit steep.
Hmmm well, from what I read so far, I think the classes are just about right. Also, I think each class should get their own personal weapons. But I think you addressed that already.

Also, I think the logo is fine the way it is. We may want to and some letters to it later on after we decide on the title name.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Hey, would it be alright if I were to recreate that logo in Illustrator?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:17 am

LegendX48 wrote:Hey, would it be alright if I were to recreate that logo in Illustrator?
That would be awesome.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:32 pm

I have not been very active with this project in the last month, mostly due to the fact that the basic concepts have already been set in place but I have no way to test test them.

That said, something did strike my while playing a hypothetical match in the deep dark recesses of my mind. In any multiplayer video game where you get to customize your load-out players tend to invariably gravitate towards one and exclusively one setup. With this project here we have a FPS with a but ton of cards that will fall into the same trap, then a silly idea struck me; what if the majority of the cards the player used in game were provided to him randomly from a deck of his or her construction?

To elaborate: The player would make two separate sets: His load-out (albeit very scaled back) and his deck, which would consist of 20-30 cards that would be provided to the player during the game.
Essentially the majority of weapons, powerups, and bonus's would all be relegate to the in-match bonus system. The bonus system itself would essentially act like a players "Hand" in a card game; all the items available in it would be randomly drawn from the players deck. This means that every match would not be guarnteed to play out the exact same way.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:33 pm

To clarify: I want to know if you guys think this sounds like an idea that could be substituted and polished or if it is complete bullshit.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:27 am

Koenig wrote:I have not been very active with this project in the last month, mostly due to the fact that the basic concepts have already been set in place but I have no way to test test them.

That said, something did strike my while playing a hypothetical match in the deep dark recesses of my mind.  In any multiplayer video game where you get to customize your load-out players tend to invariably gravitate towards one and exclusively one setup.    With this project here we have a FPS with a but ton of cards that will fall into the same trap, then a silly idea struck me; what if  the majority of the cards the player used in game were provided to him randomly from a deck of his or her construction?

To elaborate:  The player would make two separate sets:  His load-out (albeit very scaled back)  and his deck, which would consist of 20-30 cards that would be provided to the player during the game.
Essentially the majority of weapons, powerups, and bonus's would all be relegate to the in-match bonus system.  The bonus system itself would essentially act like a players "Hand" in a card game;  all the items available in it would be randomly drawn from the players deck.  This means that every match would not be guarnteed to play out the exact same way.  
So you wanna put in a card game element in a FPS? that kinda sounds interesting now that i think about it. will the cards have certain properties and stuff like that?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:38 am

Ideally,yes. Essentially it would factor in the whole card collecting mechanic I mentioned in the original concept. While each players deck would be limited to how many cards they could put in of a certain type or kind, by drawing randomly from the deck during the game players would be given a different set up to play with each time; opting to discard any cards they don't want or can not currently use.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:19 pm

I actually really like that idea. CCD (collectible Card Games) are usually popular if balanced properly and the randomization of people's decks could equate to a lot of amazing and ZMOG moments. Plus you can have drops in the map to add a new card or the option to swap one out.

Hell, you could even go a bit further and go all Magic the Gathering where some cards damage players' decks Very Happy

I am 100% behind this!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:27 pm

-Mazer wrote:I actually really like that idea. CCD (collectible Card Games) are usually popular if balanced properly and the randomization of people's decks could equate to a lot of amazing and ZMOG moments. Plus you can have drops in the map to add a new card or the option to swap one out.

Hell, you could even go a bit further and go all Magic the Gathering where some cards damage players' decks Very Happy

I am 100% behind this!
That is an excellent idea.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks. I am glad you guys approve of the idea; I was afraid I was losing my mind.  I guess we could also make it so that every time a player dies they would get small allowance of coins to spend so that they could activate cheap bonus's and the like; that way winning players would not have a monopoly.  (And since players lose a % of their coins each time they die, they could not exploit death to get more powerful bonus's)

Additionally some of the deck could be reserved for map/mode specific cards that are provided automatically. For example playing in a dark map would provide 5 or so cards to all player decks, the effect of the cards relating to player visibility. After the round was over these cards would be removed from the players deck.

Essentially players could still get useful cards even if their decks were poorly built or not optimized for the game mode.

That said, another question is how should cards be effected by player death. Obviously some, more powerful cards would need to be reset, but losing every card upon death seems like a good way to lead into frustration. I guess some cards could be set to a timer, or perhaps a tier system? (Where the highest active tier of cards is removed)...
I don't know. I will be brainstorming this. Do you guys have any ideas?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 pm

3-5 consecutive deaths with no streak could result in immediate deck reshuffle.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Could you elaborate?

I was thinking about what the player had access to, IE the hand.  What could is having a number of cards when you don't have the coins to play them?  In a turn based card game everyone gets a new card they can use every turn, while items used to play them are typically included.  In a real time game the winning player could gain a monopoly over the points used to spend, essentially breaking the flow.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:51 pm

I have to elaborate? o.o

Say you lose without defeating enough opponents for a bonus streak. The game will shuffle your deck, possibly bringing up more favorable cards that would help you in your struggle to survive. You know what, forget mandatory deck shuffle, how about making it optional lol
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:07 am

Thanks. Sorry about that,  I was having trouble understanding what you meant.  

What I originally had in mind was that the deck and and hand would be separate; meaning players would not have access to all their cards at one time but would instead be presented with a limited few.  Every so often a card would be drawn at random from the deck and placed in the players hand; The cost of each card would vary from the next based on its strength and weaknesses.  This way players could not rely on just one set of cards but could still use them if they happened to be in their hand and they had the currency to play it.

I guess we could also limit how often the player could draw a card; essentially preventing them from unleashing and endless onslaught of powerful ones if they were on a high kill streak.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3