Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Chat VIII

+4
-Mazer
Koenig
Squirrel500
LegendX48
8 posters

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Go down

Anime Chat VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Anime Chat VIII

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:16 am

Not just you, it's the biggest show right now, it seems. I haven't really watched much anime in general, though. Been reading a lot. Caught up to the WN version of "Kumo Desu ga, Nani Ka?/ So I'm a Spider, What about it?" Kumoko is now probably my favourite character ever. I fucking love her.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:57 am

I watched Overlord recently; I really enjoyed it (give or take a few gripes) but I was unaware that the anime did not conclude...
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:48 am

Indeed, there is still much material left. I forget until what volume it covers....I think there's at least another 2 seasons worth of material, but the LN hasn't ended yet.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:35 pm

I love how ReLife has been doing the endings for the series (different songs for each ep). It's interesting. Also, hoping for another season, I really love this series.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Lunacy wrote:

Hey I saw that you dropped Akame ga Kill (manga). Why is that? I haven't read the manga since 59 (btw I'm not as huge of a fan of the series as I used to be, when I first read it that was kind of the early stages of my anime/manga career so I'd get hyped about anything that really gained my interest; everything was new and fun, but now I'm a little more experienced... it's amazing what you learn in just a couple years).
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah, I think it's because of Bleach syndrome. It's the manga that I should have dropped a lot earlier, but just felt invested in it. I'm feeling the same way about Akame ga Kill and Shingeki no Kyojin as I do about that one. Where maybe it's time I just drop out now, since I'm not enjoying the ride.

At first, it was like other series where I just like letting a ton of chapters build up, then binging them. But, as I check in on them, I'm seeing that I have no interest in the story or characters anymore.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:47 am

So Luna I know you're a big Magi fan as well. I finally decided to catch up on the manga where the anime left off and it took me a couple weeks, but I able to catch up right before the final chapter hit.

I have to say I really loved the rest of the story. Magi is one of those shounen that really took some interesting turns and took some risks that you normally wouldn't see in a shounen. And the characters are amazing, the dynamic between Alibaba and Aladdin is so good. The ending was definitely rushed, but I appreciated it for what it was. I'm hoping if it ever gets a sequel anime that it will flesh out the ending.

Magi is definitely up there right now with Seven Deadly Sins as one of my favorite shounens.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm

So Koenig, I ended up watching the first 13 episodes of Tiger and Bunny, and I ended not liking it too much.

I'm not sure if the next 13 episodes are better, but I'm really not feeling motivated to watch them. I just can't get on board with much of what it's presenting to me. The story is pretty mediocre - pretty run of the mill in terms of superhero shows. Action is kind of slow. I don't understand how it seems like some of the heroes are so weak and all of them are pretty cheesy, like the whole is kind of cheesy to me. I really hate how Tiger and Bunny have such lame powers. Enhance everything for only 5 minutes? God, just so lame! Also all the threats in the anime just feel kind of dumb, like when Jake takes over the city.... like where is the military? All the security in the city just seems so pathetic! And the heroes in the end where able to take out the machines with just three of them, why didn't they do that from the get go? So dumb!

This show really didn't do it for me. Like, I'm honestly disappointed because I thought had potential in the beginning. I also want to say that I hate how much of a dead beat Dad Tiger is and it seems like he just gets away with it.... And I hate the girl in charge of Hero TV, she's just a bitch and all she cares about is ratings, no matter the situation, it bugs the shit out of me. It just feels like there's no sense of urgency in this show!! I also do not like Tiger and Bunny's suits, they bug me. Also there's like zero blood in this, kind of strange.

I really don't know why this show bugged me so much. Maybe it's because after how awesome of a superhero show that Hero Academia was I was expecting more? Or maybe because I've been wanting to watch this show for so long and it wasn't like anything I was expecting? I don't know, but the frist 13 episodes where a huge let down.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:38 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:So Luna I know you're a big Magi fan as well. I finally decided to catch up on the manga where the anime left off and it took me a couple weeks, but I able to catch up right before the final chapter hit.

I have to say I really loved the rest of the story. Magi is one of those shounen that really took some interesting turns and took some risks that you normally wouldn't see in a shounen. And the characters are amazing, the dynamic between Alibaba and Aladdin is so good. The ending was definitely rushed, but I appreciated it for what it was. I'm hoping if it ever gets a sequel anime that it will flesh out the ending.

Magi is definitely up there right now with Seven Deadly Sins as one of my favorite shounens.
I still haven't finished it, I was gonna respond with more thoughts, but I keep putting it aside, and catching up on manga in general, since I'm busy with other stuff. I will try to put a priority in finishing Magi.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:08 am

Lunacy wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:So Luna I know you're a big Magi fan as well. I finally decided to catch up on the manga where the anime left off and it took me a couple weeks, but I able to catch up right before the final chapter hit.

I still haven't finished it, I was gonna respond with more thoughts, but I keep putting it aside, and catching up on manga in general, since I'm busy with other stuff. I will try to put a priority in finishing Magi.

Good good, let me know me when you finish it. I'd like to talk about it, especially since it's been a couple months since the ending, so I got some new thoughts on it all!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37