Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

+9
Ochi
Squirrel500
Bearhugger29
Lux
LegendX48
smirkytrick
Koenig
TensePsychopath
ColumbianLoom
13 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 20 Empty Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 pm

Koenig wrote:Hopefully Nintendo will eventually re-release all of their Wii and GC games on the E-shop.  Considering their track record with the VCON however, im not holding my breath.  Still releasing the games at a $10-20 price tag is a good idea, as at 10 I am more than willing to purchase games I missed out on or all time favorites.

I dun think it is very fair to blame Ninty for the VCON. They usually release their first party titles but the eally big 3rd parties are still owned by said 3rd parties.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 20 Empty Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Justin Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Nintendo is doing the right thing, releasing Wii Titles via Download on eshop.

In the meantime, we're still waiting for Gamecube titles.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:44 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:Hopefully Nintendo will eventually re-release all of their Wii and GC games on the E-shop.  Considering their track record with the VCON however, im not holding my breath.  Still releasing the games at a $10-20 price tag is a good idea, as at 10 I am more than willing to purchase games I missed out on or all time favorites.

I dun think it is very fair to blame Ninty for the VCON. They usually release their first party titles but the eally big 3rd parties are still owned by said 3rd parties.
Then why are there so many Nintendo games missing from the E-shop/VCON?
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 am

ugh, remind me to never take a nap before dinner again. I woke up and saw my little sister in the family room with her boyfriend and did an immediate 180 back to my room. That was three hours ago, and I'm hungry @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:15 am

Top ramen is your best friend in a pinch for fast filler food.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:24 am

No, there's burgers in the kitchen that just need to be warmed up again but it'd be too damn rude and loud to do so @_@

also, this is hilarious
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:43 am

As much flack as 4kids gets, I still miss their Saturday morning shows or rather Saturday morning animated programming in general.  It makes me sad that none of the public channels have such a programming block anymore.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 am

*keeps waiting for sister and her bf to leave that room*

*stomach grumbles more*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochi Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 am

smirkytrick wrote:I don't get why Nintendo is distributing digital wii games on the wiiu. I know the wii had many good games but the wiiu is backwards compatible. They should be focusing on digital Gamecube games.

Because no one buys new copies of those games, only used ones, which means that no money goes to nintendo.
Ochi
Ochi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:17 pm

@Ochi

No It has nothing to do with that. It's the fact that a lot of the games we will see come out for the digital download wii game wise. Are ones that are extremely hard to fine and sell for fuck loads on Amazon or Ebay.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Bear, stop opening my eyes to things. XD

Now I'm all worried about the third party scene in Nintendoland.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:14 pm

3rd parties have already all but dropped the Wii U and Nintendo systems in general.  No matter what Nintendo does, nothing short of dominating the market will bring them back (Though if that were to happen, they would need to change a few things to retain such 3rd party support)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Koenig wrote:3rd parties have already all but dropped the Wii U and Nintendo systems in general.  No matter what Nintendo does, nothing short of dominating the market will bring them back (Though if that were to happen, they would need to change a few things to retain such 3rd party support)

Dominating the market won't do it either. The Wii dominated the market but devs didn't bother with it. They didn't offer adventure games or fighting games or many rpgs. They just threw shovelware onto it and bitched when it didn't sell.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:47 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:3rd parties have already all but dropped the Wii U and Nintendo systems in general.  No matter what Nintendo does, nothing short of dominating the market will bring them back (Though if that were to happen, they would need to change a few things to retain such 3rd party support)

Dominating the market won't do it either. The Wii dominated the market but devs didn't bother with it. They didn't offer adventure games or fighting games or many rpgs. They just threw shovelware onto it and bitched when it didn't sell.
Makes you wonder how companies actually stay afloat with that kind of logic. "No one buys my shit on DeviantART when I phone it in, but when I give it my best on Tumblr I make hundreds. What the fuck?"

Offtopic:

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 20 Tumblr_mf8afnPh8p1r5thnso1_500
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:03 pm

-Mazer wrote:

That is where I disagree with you.  Nintendo dominated the market with the wii, but the system simply could not handle the graphical demand of most mutliplatform games; as a result most developer chose to either develop low quality games for the wii or higher quality games for the 360/PS3.  Had the wii been as powerful as the 360 or PS3 I can guarantee you it would have received just as much if not more third party support than its counterparts.  Third party publishers typically choose the least path of resistance; why develop exclusively for one console when making the game mutli-platform reduces costs and sells more units?  

Moving onto the wii U;if it  had a larger instal-base and the wii had a stronger lineup in the latter half of its life, it to would have more third party support.  The Wii U is a powerful system, but its architecture is different than that of the PS4 and XB1;  while some games would still only work well on the latter systems, most can still be easily ported. however, and as I stated before, third parties typically choose the least path of resistance and are simply unwilling to take the extra effort to port the games to the Wii U.  I don't agree with them and I firmly believe it to be stupid choice on their part, but that is their logic and nothing we say or do can change it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:17 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:@Ochi

No It has nothing to do with that. It's the fact that a lot of the games we will see come out for the digital download wii game wise. Are ones that are extremely hard to fine and sell for fuck loads on Amazon or Ebay.
*keeps crossing fingers for Another Code R hitting the NA eShop against better judgement*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

That is where I disagree with you.  Nintendo dominated the market with the wii, but the system simply could not handle the graphical demand of most mutliplatform games; as a result most developer chose to either develop low quality games for the wii or higher quality games for the 360/PS3.  Had the wii been as powerful as the 360 or PS3 I can guarantee you it would have received just as much if not more third party support than its counterparts.  Third party publishers typically choose the least path of resistance; why develop exclusively for one console when making the game mutli-platform reduces costs and sells more units?  

Moving onto the wii U;if it  had a larger instal-base and the wii had a stronger lineup in the latter half of its life, it to would have more third party support.  The Wii U is a powerful system, but its architecture is different than that of the PS4 and XB1;  while some games would still only work well on the latter systems, most can still be easily ported. however, and as I stated before, third parties typically choose the least path of resistance and are simply unwilling to take the extra effort to port the games to the Wii U.  I don't agree with them and I firmly believe it to be stupid choice on their part, but that is their logic and nothing we say or do can change it.

I disagree. While it was not as strong as the PS3/Xbox, that did not prevent devs from making games that looked and played great on it. God of War, for example, looked great on the PS2 but no developer even bothered to make a game of that caliber for the Wii. There were almost no games of a grand scale on the Wii from 3rd parties.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:55 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Truthfully, I have no idea why the Wii U gets the middle finger when it comes to 3rd party support.
One would argue that it is because the Wii U is weak, but over the past few years, developers have been making "Next Gen" titles on PS4/XBone, but they were not neglecting the PS3 and XB360
If power were the issue, skipping the Wii U would mean skipping the PS3 and XB360.

There are many factors running through that are preventing games for Wii U, but power certainly wasn't it.

Off the top of my head, I think the reasons would be: Marketing, Media, Community, Sales, and fear.
And of course, lack of commitment.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochi Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:@Ochi

That's part of it, but super mario galaxy 2 isn't rare, just pricey. Metroid Prime trilogy is rare.

If they were only doing rare games, they'd have things like pokemon battle frontier, fire emblem radiant dawn and xenoblade, and a few other rare games.

My guess is they're testing the waters with MP trilogy, to see if a game they thought was in low demand when they shipped it is actually something that people want, and maybe they'll do more

Ochi
Ochi

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:09 pm

@Mazer: I think you missed my point; God of war was an exclusive title developed for the PS2; multiplatform titles are typically not designed around a single console's specs but instead a medium, the further a console is from this medium in a negative sense the harder it will be to port.  This was the case for the Wii to PS3/360.

Once again I am not saying it is impossible, but that publishers/developers typically don't want to invest the effort to try to port their games.  Yes, It is completely hypocritical for them to blame the system when they themselves refused to invest; however that is exactly what most publishers are-hypocrites.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:24 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecqjvosp65e6wll/Level%20Test%20With%20Enemies.exe?dl=0

Wanna try what I built so far everyone?

If you die, hit F1 to reset
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:41 pm

Heard that Toonami is gonna show Kill la kill sometime in Febuary. Freaking Sweet.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:05 am

smirkytrick wrote:Heard that Toonami is gonna show Kill la kill sometime in Febuary. Freaking Sweet.
... Huh.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:05 am

That show's awful, just forget about it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:06 am

I just heard the announcement for it, I believe kill la kill will start on February 7 XD I can't wait to watch it
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum