Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:52 pm

-Mazer wrote:
We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

Translation: Gamers are a bunch of cheap-ass bastards :3
What the hell...
There were free mods as well. And people could choose to sell mods...
What the fuck is wrong with the Steam community?
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2609
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Cybersix on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:06 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

Translation: Gamers are a bunch of cheap-ass bastards :3
What the hell...
There were free mods as well. And people could choose to sell mods...
What the fuck is wrong with the Steam community?
They didn't want this system to ruin the mod community, which it in all likelihood would have.
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3011
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:23 am

Cybersix wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

Translation: Gamers are a bunch of cheap-ass bastards :3
What the hell...
There were free mods as well. And people could choose to sell mods...
What the fuck is wrong with the Steam community?
They didn't want this system to ruin the mod community, which it in all likelihood would have.

Not to mention VALVE would take 75% of each purchase D:

Many people are asking for a DONATE button instead.

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7811
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Lunacy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:27 am

Nexus has the donate button. I like that better, to be honest.

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4445
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Cybersix on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:28 am

-Mazer wrote:
Not to mention VALVE would take 75% of each purchase D:
That is the worse thing about it.

-Mazer wrote:
Many people are asking for a DONATE button instead.
Perfectly reasonable. These people do deserve some compensation for their hard work even if they're just doing it for fun.

Luna wrote:Nexus has the donate button. I like that better, to be honest.
Yeah, Nexus is so much better
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3011
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 am

-Mazer wrote:
Not to mention VALVE would take 75% of each purchase D:
Oh. I didn't know about that.
That's horrible.
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2609
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:45 am

-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

Translation: Gamers are a bunch of cheap-ass bastards :3
What the hell...
There were free mods as well. And people could choose to sell mods...
What the fuck is wrong with the Steam community?
They didn't want this system to ruin the mod community, which it in all likelihood would have.

Not to mention VALVE would take 75% of each purchase D:

Many people are asking for a DONATE button instead.
that's not true, Valve took only 25%, Bethesda took 45% (because they could) and the remainder went to the modder
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5152
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:18 am

My friend wanted to abuse the hell out of it. Wanted me and another buddy to start making weapons and armor and charging 1$ each.

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7811
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:19 am

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

Translation: Gamers are a bunch of cheap-ass bastards :3
What the hell...
There were free mods as well. And people could choose to sell mods...
What the fuck is wrong with the Steam community?
They didn't want this system to ruin the mod community, which it in all likelihood would have.

Not to mention VALVE would take 75% of each purchase D:

Many people are asking for a DONATE button instead.
that's not true, Valve took only 25%, Bethesda took 45% (because they could) and the remainder went to the modder


25cents for every dollar earned Very Happy

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7811
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Lunacy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:21 am

25% seems like a lot to me.

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4445
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:38 am

-Mazer wrote:My friend wanted to abuse the hell out of it. Wanted me and another buddy to start making weapons and armor and charging 1$ each.
A dollar? pssh...

$1.99 at minimum.
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2609
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Cybersix on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:41 am

Moving day!
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3011
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by TensePsychopath on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:34 am

@Mazer


_________________
avatar
TensePsychopath

Posts : 1502
Bounty : 12
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by smirkytrick on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Obama made D4 come to the PC! He's really the best president ever!
avatar
smirkytrick

Posts : 2106
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Squeee!!!!!!!!

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7811
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 pm

*plays as Mewtwo in Smash Bros 4*
Wow, he's pretty good.
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2609
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Rocksteady noooo!!!!

they just announced a $40 season pass :\
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5152
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:59 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Rocksteady noooo!!!!

they just announced a $40 season pass :\



So it's 100$ for the full game?


_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7811
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Koenig on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:01 pm

I am surprised by the fact I am still playing Fallen London. I never expected such a simple little game to keep my attention this long, and I am still finding new stuff to do!
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4287
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:02 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Rocksteady noooo!!!!

they just announced a $40 season pass :\

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Only_the_serious_know_how_to_truly_laugh.jpg[img]

So it's 100$ for the full game?

[img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/45QgF9Ha7kE/maxresdefault.jpg[img]
I'm already paying $100 kind of, my little brother and I are going 50/50 on the limited edition. Wanted the pc version but waiting for a cheap ass GOTY edition is the way to go.

Also, here's the tweet:

avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5152
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Koenig wrote:I am surprised by the fact I am still playing Fallen London.  I never expected such a simple little game to keep my attention this long, and I am still finding new stuff to do!

simplest games are the best.

@ Legend

I hope your special edition comes with all the DLC, mate. Seriously this is just driving me further away from gaming. And people dare give Ninty shyt when this is happening more and more and more with "AAA" games on the "next gen" consoles?

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7811
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:17 pm

-Mazer wrote:
@ Legend

I hope your special edition comes with all the DLC, mate. Seriously this is just driving me further away from gaming. And people dare give Ninty shyt when this is happening more and more and more with "AAA" games on the "next gen" consoles?
nope, the only dlc it comes with are some skins and the harley quinn stuff because I pre-ordered.

Very few companies handle dlc properly.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5152
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Of course people give Nintendo shit.
Nintendo isn't doing all of that. So old fashioned. Why won't they start ripping us off?
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2609
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:23 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:Of course people give Nintendo shit.
Nintendo isn't doing all of that. So old fashioned. Why won't they start ripping us off?

I am legitimately shocked whenever I read comments about people bitching that Ninty doesn't do DLC (as much). It's like...you guys WANT to spend more money on crap content?

Luckily the big N actually gives us MASSIVE bang for our bucks when they do DLC


Also:



I'm not a bad photographer if I say so myself. Opinions?

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7811
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Koenig on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:55 pm

In regards the Nintendo argument; their DLC is kinda all over the board in my opinion. Games like Hyrule Warriors and Mario kart 8 are doing it perfectly, however DLC for things like Streetpass and various other smaller installments feel like a complete rip off. Probably due to a lack of universal management across all the teams, but I digress.

@Mazer: It looks good to me.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4287
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum