Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Squirrel500 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:26 pm

-Mazer wrote:
A petition via Change.org that seeks to have Valve remove paid mods from Steam has reached more than 45,000 signatures since yesterday. The signature count is quickly growing with 30,000 signatures seven hours ago and 40,000 signatures four hours ago.

Petition creator Cand Wondel said the petition was created to combat all paid mods and not just the ones for Skyrim. Wondel said content in the Steam workshop should remain free.

“The workshop is a place for people to share content with each other they made so all can enjoy it for free,” Wondel wrote on the petition. “Since recently this is not the case for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Workshop. Valve has now erected a paywall for the mods. Mods should be a free creation. Creations made by people who wish to add to the game so others can also enjoy said creation with the game. We need to unite and reject this act by Valve. Unite have Valve remove the paid content of the Workshop. “

Wondel updated today to remind supporters not to spam about the paywalls Valve implemented on Steam and not to threaten Valve co-founder Gabe Newell’s or any other Valve employee’s life.

According to PC Gamer, one mod was already removed because it stole content from a free mod and attempted to sell it. Opponents of the mod paywall now use Chesko’s Fishing Mod as a poster child for why the system should go.

The /r/skyrim subreddit on popular social sharing site Reddit is a large opponent of the new system. All of the latest posts are critical of the new system.

However, PC Gamer writer Tyler Wilde sees paid mods as a good thing. According to Wilde, paying for mods will incentivize talented modders to continue working and releasing quality products. The funding could allow groups to undertake massive projects and produce additional content worthy of purchase.

Mod prices range anywhere from $.49 to $4.99. Players are able to purchase new weapons, towns and more through the Steam client.

What’s your take on paid mods? Have/are you going to sign this petition?

So what do the guys of WSS think of this?

I actually think this is a very good idea and if the prices were to be that cheap it's not a big deal for me
avatar
Squirrel500

Posts : 1253
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 pm



HERCULES

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7912
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by smirkytrick on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:06 pm

-Mazer wrote:
A petition via Change.org that seeks to have Valve remove paid mods from Steam has reached more than 45,000 signatures since yesterday. The signature count is quickly growing with 30,000 signatures seven hours ago and 40,000 signatures four hours ago.

Petition creator Cand Wondel said the petition was created to combat all paid mods and not just the ones for Skyrim. Wondel said content in the Steam workshop should remain free.

“The workshop is a place for people to share content with each other they made so all can enjoy it for free,” Wondel wrote on the petition. “Since recently this is not the case for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Workshop. Valve has now erected a paywall for the mods. Mods should be a free creation. Creations made by people who wish to add to the game so others can also enjoy said creation with the game. We need to unite and reject this act by Valve. Unite have Valve remove the paid content of the Workshop. “

Wondel updated today to remind supporters not to spam about the paywalls Valve implemented on Steam and not to threaten Valve co-founder Gabe Newell’s or any other Valve employee’s life.

According to PC Gamer, one mod was already removed because it stole content from a free mod and attempted to sell it. Opponents of the mod paywall now use Chesko’s Fishing Mod as a poster child for why the system should go.

The /r/skyrim subreddit on popular social sharing site Reddit is a large opponent of the new system. All of the latest posts are critical of the new system.

However, PC Gamer writer Tyler Wilde sees paid mods as a good thing. According to Wilde, paying for mods will incentivize talented modders to continue working and releasing quality products. The funding could allow groups to undertake massive projects and produce additional content worthy of purchase.

Mod prices range anywhere from $.49 to $4.99. Players are able to purchase new weapons, towns and more through the Steam client.

What’s your take on paid mods? Have/are you going to sign this petition?

So what do the guys of WSS think of this?
I think as long as you are credited for doing work, it should be free. Making mods can look good on a resume.
avatar
smirkytrick

Posts : 2159
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Cybersix wrote:
Hey Mazer, Jared Leto's Joker



Is this a legit pic?

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7912
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Cybersix on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:36 pm

-Mazer wrote:

HERCULES
I know him more as Captain Dylan Hunt

-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
Hey Mazer, Jared Leto's Joker



Is this a legit pic?
Yes
https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/591761248859123713/photo/1
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3017
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 pm

I think it is a very interesting twist on the Joker Very Happy

also this Transgender thing is getting ridiculous.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/when-your-5-year-old-daughter-insists-shes-a-boy-117272104342.html

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7912
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:22 pm

-Mazer wrote:I think it is a very interesting twist on the Joker Very Happy

also this Transgender thing is getting ridiculous.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/when-your-5-year-old-daughter-insists-shes-a-boy-117272104342.html
I still don't know what to think of trans children being able completely and totally comprehend the concepts. Children aren't hyper evolved geniuses, they're kids and they're learning and, generally speaking, people don't truly begin to have an understanding of these things until at least their teenage years.

edit: also, saying something like a boy likes barbies or a girl likes action figures as being signs of being trans is fucking absurd to me.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5226
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 pm

Jumped over being tomboy to being a transgender? The fuck?
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2628
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 25
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Koenig on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:24 am

The fact that it has gone this far is proof that people lack common sense. I blame Cartoon Network and the Internet.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4369
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:50 am

Cartoon Network?
Well I feel out of the loop, here...
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2628
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 25
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Lunacy on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:51 am

same
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4449
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:09 am

Koenig wrote:The fact that it has gone this far is proof that people lack common sense.  I blame Cartoon Network and the Internet.

explains

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7912
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Koenig on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 am

I tried watching it a few times this week. Every time I had to change channels before my brain committed seppuku. You know there is something wrong when Sponge Bob is more intellectually stimulating than anything else on the neighboring channel.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4369
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:54 am

Cartoon Network doesn't know how to drop shows that have long passed their prime.
The Amazing World of Gumball and Adventure Time come to mind.
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2628
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 25
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by TensePsychopath on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:55 am

Cybersix wrote:
Hey Mazer, Jared Leto's Joker

He looks like a juggalo.

_________________
avatar
TensePsychopath

Posts : 1508
Bounty : 12
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by -Mazer on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:13 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:Cartoon Network doesn't know how to drop shows that have long passed their prime.
The Amazing World of Gumball and Adventure Time come to mind.

Is adventure time past it's prime?

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7912
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by TensePsychopath on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:59 am

Koenig wrote:I tried watching it a few times this week. Every time I had to change channels before my brain committed seppuku. You know there is something wrong when Sponge Bob is more intellectually stimulating than anything else on the neighboring channel.

Spongebob's first three seasons were great.

_________________
avatar
TensePsychopath

Posts : 1508
Bounty : 12
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by xXJus10Xx on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:22 pm

-Mazer wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:Cartoon Network doesn't know how to drop shows that have long passed their prime.
The Amazing World of Gumball and Adventure Time come to mind.

Is adventure time past it's prime?
Yep. Regular Show and Teen Titans Go(especially Teen Titans Go) as well.

The only show that's any good now is Steven Universe(imo of course).
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2628
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 25
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Don't watch Adventure Time but the new episode that was on this week was pretty fun. Jake wanting and complaining about the buster sword was great.

unrelated, voting has begun on the neogaf art challenge thingy... oh, my hubris...
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5226
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Koenig on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:02 pm

*Is playing DK64 and reliving childhood memories*

On that note: I do have to say that camera controls have come a long way since the N64...
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4369
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Lunacy on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:30 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Don't watch Adventure Time but the new episode that was on this week was pretty fun. Jake wanting and complaining about the buster sword was great.

unrelated, voting has begun on the neogaf art challenge thingy... oh, my hubris...
If you're here to solicit votes, it wont work. I don't have a neogaf account.
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4449
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Luna wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Don't watch Adventure Time but the new episode that was on this week was pretty fun. Jake wanting and complaining about the buster sword was great.

unrelated, voting has begun on the neogaf art challenge thingy... oh, my hubris...
If you're here to solicit votes, it wont work. I don't have a neogaf account.
nah, I'm not. That would be like cheating
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5226
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Koenig on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:08 pm

For the amiibo fans here:

avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4369
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by LegendX48 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Koenig wrote:For the amiibo fans here:

How could consumers become collectors if consumers are never given the idea of the concept of a chance to even get one?
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5226
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Koenig on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:41 pm

You have to actually have the object in question to be a collector. The reasoning is more along the lines of why you want it.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4369
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat 03: The Laughing man

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum