Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mazer writing corner

3 posters

Go down

Mazer writing corner Empty Mazer writing corner

Post by -Mazer Mon May 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Yeah
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mazer writing corner Empty Re: Mazer writing corner

Post by TensePsychopath Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 pm

I'll make a much more detailed post tomorrow, but one small thing really stood out to me was this part:

Thane took a deep, slow breath. It was obvious that the barkeep was struggling to maintain his cool.

That line at the end feels extremely weird and out of place. The rest of the text is relatively formal, so to have a bit of modern slang come of nowhere really breaks the immersion and atmosphere, especially since the story seems to take place in some kind of medieval fantasy world (I'm assuming).
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon May 04, 2015 7:52 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:I'll make a much more detailed post tomorrow, but one small thing really stood out to me was this part:

Thane took a deep, slow breath. It was obvious that the barkeep was struggling to maintain his cool.

That line at the end feels extremely weird and out of place. The rest of the text is relatively formal, so to have a bit of modern slang come of nowhere really breaks the immersion and atmosphere, especially since the story seems to take place in some kind of medieval fantasy world (I'm assuming).

It's a fantasy world, correct but with modern twists that come up later. However you are correct - that line is off >.<
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochi Sun May 10, 2015 11:12 pm

didja get that post I wrote in page 24 of the gen chat?
Ochi
Ochi

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down