Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

+9
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
Lux
Cybersix
Koenig
-Mazer
13 posters

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata - Page 4 Empty Re: Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

Post by Cybersix Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata - Page 4 XYQyLSI
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata - Page 4 Empty Re: Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

Post by -Mazer Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 pm

@ Koenig

A feminazi claims Minions is the most sexist kids movie of 2015 and is very insulted it was even made
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Koenig wrote:What is that wall of text about, Mazer?  Even at a glance it seems fishy.
a mother taking a children's movie about yellow twinkie creatures far too seriously
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:00 am

-Mazer wrote:@ Koenig

A feminazi claims Minions is the most sexist kids movie of 2015 and is very insulted it was even made
...Shouldn't people like that be sectioned under the mental health act? (UK only)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 am

*Crams nose full of tissue paper and vasaline *

I am so stopped up from my allergies I can't even breath through my nose despite the fact it is all clear mucus. Fuck Allergies.

I think I am going to call it a night early, sorry mates.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:02 am

-Mazer wrote:
Spoiler:
This lady's fucking insane.
She make feminists look bad.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:10 am

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:@ Koenig

...Shouldn't people like that be sectioned under the mental health act? (UK only)

She is furious that the minions are all male. That there is a moment were a minion puts on 2 starfish like a bikini top and the narrator calls him an idiot which translates to her that they are saying women are idiots or being a woman is an idiot.

She doesn't like that the female villain is not "villain" enough or a true "Female" role...

She practically considers Fury Road to be the 2nd coming of jesus because it's female lead, loves Inside Out stictly because the focus on females (she gushes about Joy and Sadness, makes sure ot mention Disgust is a woman also and ignores Anger and Fear)...

I mean this woman is a piece of work
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:18 am

Also, the Pixar animated Short "Lava" Is also very sexist.

http://amptoons.com/blog/2015/07/13/minions-may-beat-lava-for-most-sexist-kids-movie-of-the-year/

I was really put off by “Lava.” I saw it with my partner and with a queer trans friend, both of whom liked it a lot, but I just kept thinking “that’s it? That’s the plot? Boy wants girl, boy gets girl? Ugh.”

I feel that way about an awful lot of recent Pixar shorts. The guy who folds paper airplanes to the point of getting himself (ambiguously?) fired from his job because otherwise the woman he glimpsed from afar on the train one time won’t know he likes her; the masculine-coded umbrella who spots a feminine-coded umbrella from afar and tries to get close to her. I’ve always preferred the ones like Day & Night or La Luna. They seem to have more meaty concepts than the boy-meets-girl shorts.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:05 am

^People with grudges shouldn't be Feminists.

She sounds like she has it out for Men in general.
Or relationships with a Man and Woman.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:18 am

Paperman is NOT Pixar. That guy can go shove it.

Anywho, since it was ignored in the anime thread, I'll ask here. Why does anime break the first rule of writing all of the time? That rule being "Show, don't tell," instead it does the opposite.

At the very least it is a trend I've noticed with the shows I've seen
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:28 am

LegendX48 wrote:Why does anime break the first rule of writing all of the time? That rule being "Show, don't tell," instead it does the opposite.

Examples?
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:35 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Why does anime break the first rule of writing all of the time? That rule being "Show, don't tell," instead it does the opposite.

Examples?
Since it's fresh on my mind, Serial Experiments: Lain. Granted, yeah, there were some moments late into the series where they didn't break that rule, there was an awful lot of moments it was basically just shoving information down your throat by literally telling you. There's one episode around halfway through the series that's just a full on info dump that doesn't even become relevant until the final two episodes.

edit: speaking of info dumps, Ergo Proxy has a MASSIVE, MASSIVE info dump on the final episode
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:45 am

Anime in general tends to be a bit tell heavy now days. Why bother animating something when you can just have a character rattle it off? That, and a lot of stems from the manga they are based on in which tell is often the only method they can employ in such limited distribution space.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Is it wrong to be very disappointed that no one on Screw Attack has made a front page article about Iwata's passing? All they do now is advertise their streams
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Batgirl DLC is out for season pass holders this week and it is one hour long to beat and get all collectables...

-Mazer wrote:Is it wrong to be very disappointed that no one on Screw Attack has made a front page article about Iwata's passing? All they do now is advertise their streams
I'd say no, it isn't wrong to be disappointed in that.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:23 pm

*watches new Jimquisition. Sees link that goes to a Randy Pitchford twitter thing that has devolved into chaos*

*Sees tweet about something called CodeHunters*

wow... Gearbox straight ripped this off, like 1:1, they didn't even try to do their own thing with it. Just full on, no holds barred, straight plagiarism :\
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:34 pm

What u on about?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:56 pm

So...Have you had any luck finding a copy of the Thousand Year Door, Mazer?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Haven't even looked. Funds have been VERY tight this month...that's why I've strictly been playing my older games to catch up w my backlog.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:29 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:

Examples?
Since it's fresh on my mind, Serial Experiments: Lain. Granted, yeah, there were some moments late into the series where they didn't break that rule, there was an awful lot of moments it was basically just shoving information down your throat by literally telling you. There's one episode around halfway through the series that's just a full on info dump that doesn't even become relevant until the final two episodes.

edit: speaking of info dumps, Ergo Proxy has a MASSIVE, MASSIVE info dump on the final episode
Well, there's anime like Fooly Cooly & Space Dandy that do nothing but show the chaotic world that they are in, and then there anime like Black Lagoon where if they are not doing any action, they are planning on making an action.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 pm

So the director of Nosfertu had his grave desecrated and his head stolen...

that's a thing...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:53 pm

-Mazer wrote:What u on about?
Gearbox straight stole the art style for borderlands from a short film called CodeHunters. Also, the Batgirl dlc is only 30 minutes long apparently. An hour if you do everything.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Dlc is pathetic these days. How much were they charging for her's?

And I can see the similarities...like very similar. Release date on that vs BL?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Mazer.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Gen Chat VI: R.I.P. Satoru Iwata - Page 4 2uf3682

lmao, can't believe this is the first time I've seen this. XD
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next