Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

+7
Justin
Koenig
Lunacy
Lux
TensePsychopath
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
11 posters

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

Post by TensePsychopath Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Speaking of Marvel movies, Fantfourstic was an unbelievable shit heap of a movie.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:04 pm

that's a faux movie, though
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:14 pm

But it is a Marvel IP, albeit owned by Fox. A pitty though, I wonder if Fox will ever try to integrate X-Men or F4 into the marvel universe again; it would be more beneficial than harmful to them.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Anyhow, my main issue with the marvel movies is that the bad guy continues to be a version of the good guy.
Iron Man had to fight Iron Monger(second movie Justin Hammers robots)
Hulk fought Abomination
Ant-Man had Yellow Jacket

Where's the variety? Marvel has a ton of characters they can use. Also, that realization makes me even more annoyed that Yellow Jacket was used as a villain instead of one of Hank Pyms previous identities. I just hope that for the Ant-Man sequel, the enemy isn't Goliath.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Who better a villain for a Super Hero than arch nemesis and counterparts? But I do see where you are coming from.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Koenig wrote:But it is a Marvel IP, albeit owned by Fox.  A pitty though,  I wonder if Fox will ever try to integrate X-Men or F4 into the marvel universe again; it would be more beneficial than harmful to them.
Doesn't matter, outside of the characters belonging to Marvel, Marvel has no input. The movie only really happened because Faux doesn't want to lose the rights for the series.
As for a shared movie, that's not likely. Both of those properties are part of separate deals. If they tried that, it may allow some wiggle room for Marvel to come in and take the rights back.
It's funny, most people, fans, don't really care about the F4 themselves, we care about the villains tied to them. If Marvel get's the rights back, we get Dr. Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Kang and Annihilus, among others. Oh, and also, the Negative Zone. All of them immensely powerful characters and important to many of Marvel's biggest and best events.
I want an Annihilation movie more than anything, that would be the best thing ever.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Koenig wrote:Who better a villain for a Super Hero than arch nemesis and counterparts?  But I do see where you are coming from.
Not really, that's boring.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 pm

A cross movie deal is not impossible, the Spiderman reboot is a sign of that. (Though one can only hope that it will actually be good) My point is regardless of who made the movie, Fox would likely be far better off if it were tied to the marvel universe again. Free publicity and immense fan support (Provided fox did not Royaly botch it)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Oh, not at all, but that would mean that Fox would have to stop acting like dick heads towards Marvel/Disney. From what I know, they've been in a cold war for a while now.
At this point, I doubt Marvel would accept that. With this movie's, seemingly, massive failure, fox has lost a ton (maybe all) leverage. I don't think Marvel would accept after the fan backlash that Fox earned with this movie. Fox mocked the fans and said that the movie was aimed at general audiences anyway.
In other words, it would take a reversal of attitude from Fox and a lot of ass kissing from them to both Marvel and the fans.

Last edited by Luna on Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:28 pm

It would be the smart move for Fox to make, however it is obvious that Fox is not particularly smart.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:35 pm

Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:56 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:It was a bit better than Ultron. Guardians? No way.

I'm just sick of Marvel movies in general at this point. I'm sure if Ant-Man was the first one I ever saw I'd rate it a lot a higher.
The only thing Ultron had going for it was the gross character assasination of Ultron. I don't really get the hype for Guardians, it's good but it's just standard Marvel with moments of sub-par editing. I saw Ant-Man twice and thought it was very atypical of the Marvel formula.

TensePsychopath wrote:Speaking of Marvel movies, Fantfourstic was an unbelievable shit heap of a movie.

To be fair, Fant4stic is a Fox movie through and through. It also is no where near as bad as the hyperbolic statements the internet as a whole is spouting. It's certainly not great but it isn't putrid dogshit either. I went in expecting Last Airbender but got something a tad better than Green Lantern instead.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:08 pm

LegendX48 wrote:

I'm just sick of Marvel movies in general at this point. I'm sure if Ant-Man was the first one I ever saw I'd rate it a lot a higher.
The only thing Ultron had going for it was the gross character assasination of Ultron. I don't really get the hype for Guardians, it's good but it's just standard Marvel with moments of sub-par editing. I saw Ant-Man twice and thought it was very atypical of the Marvel formula.

TensePsychopath wrote:Speaking of Marvel movies, Fantfourstic was an unbelievable shit heap of a movie.

To be fair, Fant4stic is a Fox movie through and through. It also is no where near as bad as the hyperbolic statements the internet as a whole is spouting. It's certainly not great but it isn't putrid dogshit either. I went in expecting Last Airbender but got something a tad better than Green Lantern instead.

Ant-Man felt atypical only because the Marvel movies have become so bloated lately. As a regular movie it's as typical as they come. Also has extremely bland cinematography and lighting whenever there's no CGI involved. (Seriously, the opening looked like sub-par television quality.)

I don't believe the Fantfourstic reaction is hyperbolic at all. It felt like barely half a movie, with some of the worst pacing and story structure I've seen in a very long time.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:10 pm

I am all for most Marvel movie's simply because they have continuity to each other. It is so hard to find in movies now days...
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:22 pm

But now that's getting to be a problem where so much of one movie only exists to set up another movie. I'm the opposite, it just feels never ending and exhausting to me. There's never any finality, no simple and complete stories. I'm already tired of it all now, so the thought of it going on into 2019 or something is crazy.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:38 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:

Ant-Man felt atypical only because the Marvel movies have become so bloated lately. As a regular movie it's as typical as they come. Also has extremely bland cinematography and lighting whenever there's no CGI involved. (Seriously, the opening looked like sub-par television quality.)

I don't believe the Fantfourstic reaction is hyperbolic at all. It felt like barely half a movie, with some of the worst pacing and story structure I've seen in a very long time.
The cinematography and lighting didn't look bland to me.

As for fant4stic, idk. I need to see it in non cam quality to really judge. The cam rip I watched the camera guy kept fucking recording different corners of the screen, dropping to the floor and rising to the ceiling, so I kinda kept yelling at the screen more than pay attention much lol
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Can we at least agree that Marvel is doing a better job than DC and Fox right now?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:04 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:

The cinematography and lighting didn't look bland to me.

As for fant4stic, idk. I need to see it in non cam quality to really judge. The cam rip I watched the camera guy kept fucking recording different corners of the screen, dropping to the floor and rising to the ceiling, so I kinda kept yelling at the screen more than pay attention much lol

I'm glad you didn't pay to see it at least lol.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Yes, don't give Faux money for that.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Upgraded to win10, and I'm liking so far. I had to fiddle with a thing here or there, but I like what I'm content so far. Haven't tried playing games yet, though.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Luna wrote:Galactus
I would love to see a live action Galactus, done right of course.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Right? Not to mention, when anything cosmic goes on, having him around is a must.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm

LegendX48 wrote:

how is Guardians "standard" with sub-par editing? It's one of the better sci-fi movies we've had in ages - Marvel or not
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:31 pm

My friends are very happy with the latest Xenoblade info/footage; but I won't be watching it for fear of more anticipation.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:32 pm

would it be silly to buy the hardcover version of a comic I already own?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next