Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:55 am

LegendX48 wrote:Also, hey Loom, why you keep disappearing for long periods of time??!!?!?!
Crunchyroll.
xXJus10Xx

Bounty : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:44 am

LegendX48 wrote:
Musou Sadie wrote:Max Landis would have been great I think. He has good ideas of an actual sequel and definitely more respect for the franchise than Paul Fug.
I thought Landis was strictly a writer? He directs too?
Yeah I meant for writing, it's the shitty script by Feig that ruins the movie, he wrote most of it with a female co writer, but I dunno how much creative freedom she had.
Here is his idea, it's a long read. Sure not perfect but miles ahead of what we got now, I'd definitely go and see this.
http://www.maxlandiswrites.com/ghostbusters-iii/
Hugh Mungus

Bounty : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:39 am

Musou Sadie wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
Musou Sadie wrote:Max Landis would have been great I think. He has good ideas of an actual sequel and definitely more respect for the franchise than Paul Fug.
I thought Landis was strictly a writer? He directs too?
Yeah I meant for writing, it's the shitty script by Feig that ruins the movie, he wrote most of it with a female co writer, but I dunno how much creative freedom she had.
Here is his idea, it's a long read. Sure not perfect but miles ahead of what we got now, I'd definitely go and see this.
http://www.maxlandiswrites.com/ghostbusters-iii/
it's not bad, it feels too serious to me though. Not a fan of what he wanted to do with Slimer but, on the whole, would've been a great start
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:29 pm

It was interesting but there are several flaws. I don't see Winston becoming a real billionaire type personally. He literally was there for a paycheck more than anything. He even asked for his own lawyer in the 2nd film. It was only in the cartoons when he became a closer member of the team.

I don't see Slimer being a coherent creature like this. I think his cartoon version where he is barely understandable and sorta of mindless has been engrained deep within my skull.

The toilet paper part....big no for that...Something else but not TP. IT just feels juvenile.

Personally I feel a reboot should really be how they started Extreme Ghostbusters: Swap Egon with Ray (due to Harold Remis), have him teaching the paranormal and have the 4 students:

1. The girl who actually believes and wants to use it to find her dead grandmother

2. The guy there for an easy A.

3. The mechanic

4. The dude who is a skeptic but wants to see if it works so he can "Bust some skulls".

Bounty : 41

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:22 pm

-Mazer wrote:Personally I feel a reboot should really be how they started Extreme Ghostbusters: Swap Egon with Ray (due to Harold Remis), have him teaching the paranormal and have the 4 students:

1. The girl who actually believes and wants to use it to find her dead grandmother

2. The guy there for an easy A.

3. The mechanic

4. The dude who is a skeptic but wants to see if it works so he can "Bust some skulls".

NO! They should be Monkeys and Gorillas and be titled "the REAL Ghostbusters!"
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:28 pm

I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THAT SHOW EXISTED!

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Today is one of those days...

I am sad and tired.
Koenig

Bounty : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:42 pm

-Mazer wrote:I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THAT SHOW EXISTED!

on the plus side I got around 2k words of my chapter 1 redo done last night and am aiming for another 2k tonight.

on the minus side I don't like what I wrote at all lol.
zulux21

Bounty : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:07 am

huh, I knew I added a bit because I was throwing bits from chapter 0 into chapter 1.... but they weren't that long aside from the 500 word passage I took. I also cut out a lot of pointless stuff... so I am not sure how chapter one went from around 3700 words to almost 7k words lol.

either way I got nearly 4600 words done tonight thus I only need 3k more for my weekly goal. though given when I work this week it seems I will have to get it either thursday night or friday during the day, though thursday night would be the best because then for the month of july for each 7 day period july 1-7, 8-14, 15-21 I will have gotten at least 10k words done.

overall considering the stuff I did tonight as the 19th stuff I am averaging a little under 1800 words per day, which isn't bad since I took the 14-17th off (as well as 2-4, and the 9th off)

though looking at stuff if I manage another 16k words in the rest of the month I would effectively reach the nano goal of 50k in a month for the first time in like 11 years >.<;
zulux21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:52 am

I don't understand why there is yet to be an open world Ghostbusters game.
Imagine that: It plays in some other big city than New York where ghosts start to become a problem recently, you create your own character like in Saints Row and join a little group that just starts their own branch. At 1st you choose your HQ, at the beginning of course you can only buy a small building.
There is of course a main story but also side missions and random Ghost Missions to earn money (kinda like the cellphone in GTA IV where your secretary informs you about new jobs that randomly appear, not mandatory but good to earn money so you can invest in better equippment and eventually a better HQ, with that you could hire helpers that take care of the random encounters for you, but based on their levels and the difficulty levels of the jobs they can fail, if one fails too often he or she quits, but if they succeed they get EXP).
I think a well made open world Ghostbusters game would be a success even without the original characters, but insted we get a shitty 20 buck download Diablo clone for $60, fucking hell.
Hugh Mungus

Bounty : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 am

In other news, I am loving how well Pokemon Go is doing, it is a massive phenomenon. I wish the game itself was better though...
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:05 pm

I just now realized that this thread was split into two

Musou Sadie wrote:I don't understand why there is yet to be an open world Ghostbusters game.
Imagine that: It plays in some other big city than New York where ghosts start to become a problem recently, you create your own character like in Saints Row and join a little group that just starts their own branch. At 1st you choose your HQ, at the beginning of course you can only buy a small building.
There is of course a main story but also side missions and random Ghost Missions to earn money (kinda like the cellphone in GTA IV where your secretary informs you about new jobs that randomly appear, not mandatory but good to earn money so you can invest in better equippment and eventually a better HQ, with that you could hire helpers that take care of the random encounters for you, but based on their levels and the difficulty levels of the jobs they can fail, if one fails too often he or she quits, but if they succeed they get EXP).
I think a well made open world Ghostbusters game would be a success even without the original characters, but insted we get a shitty 20 buck download Diablo clone for $60, fucking hell.
because that would take genuine effort and it's not Call of Duty so Activision doesn't give a shit.
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Musou Sadie wrote:I don't understand why there is yet to be an open world Ghostbusters game.

because while ghostbusters has a cult following, it doesn't have the mass appeal for a large budget open world game.

no one wants to use years of resources to at best break even.
zulux21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xXJus10Xx on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:46 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I just now realized that this thread was split into two
I wonder why this keeps happening...
xXJus10Xx

Bounty : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:09 pm

In the grand scheme of things, the 2009 game which is probably the best movie-tie in game in the history of gaming, only sold a bit over 1 million copies across several platforms. For the asshat corporations, that is considered a failure which is why the only ones we got after are the cheap-ass diablo style games. While the diablo one i played at e3 was fun, it was also lackluster and IMO, has little replayability.

Koenig wrote:In other news, I am loving how well Pokemon Go is doing, it is a massive phenomenon.   I wish the game itself was better though...

It will in time. I promise you. And I also love the fact that 1 game has literally skyrocketed Nintendo on top of the financial world. Even with their 10 point drop due to the Japan delay, they are still destroying all competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Does anyone know the proper viewing order of the entirety of Red Vs Blue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:01 pm

-Mazer wrote:Does anyone know the proper viewing order of the entirety of Red Vs Blue?
What do you mean? Like the order of each episode sequentially? Not off the top of my head, but I could probably dig around and find out. Granted, if you want to watch it they also have it on Netflix now; which still blows my mind a little.
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:34 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Does anyone know the proper viewing order of the entirety of Red Vs Blue?
What do you mean?  Like the order of each episode sequentially?  Not off the top of my head, but I could probably dig around and find out.  Granted, if you want to watch it they also have it on Netflix now; which still blows my mind a little.

Well it's a bit nutty...like there are some episodes that are prequels...some that take place in between episodes, then the actual episodes after Blood Gulch

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:55 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:
What do you mean?  Like the order of each episode sequentially?  Not off the top of my head, but I could probably dig around and find out.  Granted, if you want to watch it they also have it on Netflix now; which still blows my mind a little.

Well it's a bit nutty...like there are some episodes that are prequels...some that take place in between episodes, then the actual episodes after Blood Gulch
I have no idea then. Sorry Sad
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:20 pm

So my next video will have me eating 12 year old candy from Star Wars Episode 3. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:25 pm

-Mazer wrote:So my next video will have me eating 12 year old candy from Star Wars Episode 3. :3

so... should I start making detailed notes about the things I am setting up in chapters that I write now, or should I save that for future drafts that I no doubt will have Razz

I mean chapter 1 changed quite a bit in my rewrite.

doing it now would likely help solidify things later, but it also requires a lot more time to redo my notes over and over.

some things have drastically changed thanks to things I did in the second arc thus the first arc has to be corrected and if I had detailed notes they would have needed to be corrected as well.
zulux21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:46 pm

-Mazer wrote:So my next video will have me eating 12 year old candy from Star Wars Episode 3. :3
RIP Mazer
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:53 pm

zulux21 wrote:

so... should I start making detailed notes about the things I am setting up in chapters that I write now, or should I save that for future drafts that I no doubt will have Razz

I mean chapter 1 changed quite a bit in my rewrite.

doing it now would likely help solidify things later, but it also requires a lot more time to redo my notes over and over.

some things have drastically changed thanks to things I did in the second arc thus the first arc has to be corrected and if I had detailed notes they would have needed to be corrected as well.

Honestly I feel you need to split this book into sets. It is sounding massive and the longer you keep this up, the more and more and more backtracking and editing you will eventually end up doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:13 pm

-Mazer wrote:

Honestly I feel you need to split this book into sets. It is sounding massive and the longer you keep this up, the more and more and more backtracking and editing you will eventually end up doing.
oh I suppose I wasn't clear enough on my intentions.

Arc 1 = book 1
Arc 2 = book 2.

Ideally each book will be 50-100k words.

I am still trying to figure out if bigger arcs will just be broken into multiple books (it is what light novels do) or if I would want to just make double lengthen books and try to make sure no single arc goes longer than 200k words (which could be tricky with later arcs and juggling multiple groups of main characters but w/e we will worry about that when i get to it)

Even if I wanted to tell the whole thing as a single story, I really doubt I could get anyone to publish a 10k page book Razz

but yeah the scope of the story is massive, I think one piece's scope is bigger, but it definitely follows the spirit of that where you have a simple set up goal, and it's the adventure to that goal that has very little to do with that goal in general lol.

also it's not massive right now.... It's only like 150k words right now and I only have like 40 named characters in the first 10 chapters or so Razz

edit: the goal obviously would be to eventually call book one good and publish, but I also want to be able to set seeds for books 7-14 in the early books as well (I do have some set for book 6 or so in book 2 but still)
zulux21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:56 am

Most publishers look for books being around 50k-60k. Over that is usually pushing their limits for first time writers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top