Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

+7
Hugh Mungus
-Mazer
Lunacy
zulux21
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
11 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:20 am

It seems someone turned a character in Stardew Valley (a character who was black/white mix) more Caucasian in appearance and his thread was attacked viciously (mostly by one person who claims the guy had zero right to mod the character in such a way)

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/maru-white-skin.108719/page-5

This is foul
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Post by Justin Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:49 am

-Mazer wrote:(mostly by one person who claims the guy had zero right to mod the character in such a way)
lol

You're right, the conversation was just disgusting.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:47 am

It's just a mod right? Purely optional, right? Unlike the bs Nintendo, NISA or Capcom forces on the players since that shit is not optional. Fuck these people, my hope the exclusion of PoCs (well, blue and green skin probably doesn't count for them) in my game and the reasons why will trigger them like a nuke.
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Bounty : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:24 am

-Mazer wrote:Most publishers look for books being around 50k-60k. Over that is usually pushing their limits for first time writers

yup, and in general I don't care.

my goal right now isn't to fit into some cookie cutter standard of a book, it's to right what I want to write right now Razz

I'll worry about fitting into the mold later.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Good attitude, Zulu ( i mean that)

Also i am convinced Will Smith is the worst character in Suicide Squad.

DEADSHOT DOES NOT SAY THINGS LIKE "AW HELL NA YOU GUYS BE CRAZY"
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:28 pm

so since no one responded I could just edit my original post, but instead I will leave it in case someone read it.

I realized after I posted that I likely came off a bit arrogant or asshatty. so now I will take the time to go into detail about what I meant.

I understand that in general publishers won't go much beyond 50k for a first book. While I would love to eventually publish Anahara, the simple fact is regardless of quality it's a very niche market that the story will appeal to, so it's unlikely traditional publishing is a good route for me anyways.

As for my comments about cookie cutters. After I write the story and go into proper editing, if I can get down to 50k words to publish without cutting anything of importance, then sure I might do that. but if I would need to cut anything I consider important I likely wouldn't.

My least favorite way to consume a story is a movie, as it has to be cut down so much that it tends to end before I really care what is going on. I can only really watch kids movies, comedies, and action movies. There really aren't many drama movies out there I enjoy at all because I don't know the characters long enough to care. Due to this it makes sense that my personal views towards writing would be that I want people to fully know my characters, thus while I could likely trim down some details, I'd rather not as I would rather have it run longer and people know more about the characters than they need, then run to short and they don't care about them.

I tend to run the story light hearted (though it is by no means a comedy), but I do have some very serious moments at which point I really want the reader to feel for the characters.

The simple fact is at this time I should just be focused on finishing the story and I can worry about fitting into a mold of what will be published afterwards.

I also know I should likely do something with the semi ready to be edited first two arcs given they are the length of two novels, but I will likely finish the third arc before I seriously give any thought of publication. It's likely crazy to effectively finish 14 books or so before trying to publish the first, but I am kind of a perfectionist and while I am just pushing through right now, I really want to make sure that things are consistent and that I am able to set up and tease many future events.

My main goal is for the story to read completely different between your first and second readings. Where the first time you notice a few things, but a lot of things go unnoticed because you simply don't know to notice them, but it still reads just fine as it is. And when you go back and know future stuff, suddenly the lines that you didn't realize were anything more than random conversation jump out at you because they clearly hint at later events.

Anyways. I know there are likely better ways to do this, but when I was trying to do things the better ways I wasn't getting anything done. putting limits on the things I said or did in the story just to fit an age rating (I was originally aiming for 8-12, now I am at 14-18, will likely stay there as I don't see much reason for vulgar language or detailed sex scenes) I am just kind of doing what ever now, and it is going much better. Since April I have managed to write more to the story than I had in the 7 years prior.

So again I appologize for my snippy comment about the mold, it just hasn't worked for me in the past, and I would rather stick with what is working. I would love to be published, go to a convention and talk about my story to fans ect. but that is the happy ending goal, instead I will just live by a very simple goal. Aim to make a story, where a single person enjoys it and wants to read more. If I can get that, I feel it will all have been worth it.

I do still have to figure out what I am gonna do eventually though, do I self publish, just throw it on a blog or patreon. Do I share it with Mazer and when he falls in love with it and steals it I will just be happy that people are enjoying it while he makes money on it Razz

or the more likely case share it with Mazer and make him sad at how bad my story is Razz

The simple fact is I have a lot of set up, a lot I want to say, and no good way to cut it down right now lol. My wife actively hates the begining of my story, while she doesn't mind the more current stuff (it's hard for her to love such an unedited story lol)
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:32 pm

-Mazer wrote:Good attitude, Zulu ( i mean that)

Also i am convinced Will Smith is the worst character in Suicide Squad.

DEADSHOT DOES NOT SAY THINGS LIKE "AW HELL NA YOU GUYS BE CRAZY"

curse you and responding while I was typing up a more detailed post lol (to lazy to edit out the no one responded)

And deadshot totally does say those things.
I've seen the trailer and he says them.
if you want a good deadshot watch a youtube collection of his scenes from Arrow instead (don't actually watch arrow unless you are really bored lol)

I am torn about suicide squad though.
I want it to be a quality movie I can enjoy, but I also want it to be a complete and utter box office bomb.

as I said in my last post though, I am not a huge fan of movies in general. I would much rather they use the characters in tv shows.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Lol. I will read your updated responsed after breakfast

And why want it ti fail? Looks amazingballs
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:40 pm

-Mazer wrote:Lol. I will read your updated responsed after breakfast

And why want it ti fail? Looks amazingballs
'

ah was my last post not clear enough... *clarifies*

despite keeping the film and TV universes apart, DC decided to kill off every suicide squad member from the TV shows in order to keep fans from being confused, because we are such morons that we can't figure out that there can be multiple versions of a story.

as long as stuff like suicide squad succeeds, the characters in it won't be able to be used in the TV shows. If they start allowing them to do both (which has been hinted towards) then the movie can succeed, but if you ask me to choose between getting those characters once every 2-3 years in movie form, or on a yearly basis in a TV show... SCREW THE MOVIE!
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:49 pm

for the wiiu owners in here, if you need mario maker, wolly world, star fox, or xenoblade they are $24 each with GCU on bestbuy right now.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:18 pm

bleh even converting the temp to C makes it to hot out.

it is 34 here. to warm to snow and stick even in my fantasy world.

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake - Page 6 YjNIOy8
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Wait a minute, where's the cheesecake?
Mazer probably ate it all! Again!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Holy shit, Picarto does hentai drawing live streams @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:12 pm

LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:15 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Holy shit, Picarto does hentai drawing live streams @_@
Where the hell have you been? lol
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:36 pm

LegendX48 wrote:also, streaming

https://picarto.tv/MrUnfortunate

Why does that SN sound familiar?

Also; it sickens me that I am seeing so many people demanding that Trump's wife be fined or even jailed over the "plagiarizing" of the speech than those who are demanding actual charges be filed against Hillary's leaks
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:08 pm

SN ? hmm???
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Anyone remember j0zman? He was the head of the Conan faction, so his Steam account has been inactive for like 4 years, and out of the blue some greasy Russian hacked into it and started messaging me.
8:03 PM - j0zman: Ok add my social club GaRaGe378
8:04 PM - j0zman: Are you scared Very Happy
8:04 PM - j0zman: Hahaha
8:04 PM - Cybersix: Yeah, scared of greasy Russians stealing my account
8:05 PM - j0zman: yeah
He admits it!
He tells me to login to some site, but I'm too smart for that!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Also; it sickens me that I am seeing so many people demanding that Trump's wife be fined or even jailed over the "plagiarizing" of the speech than those who are demanding actual charges be filed against Hillary's leaks
This entire election sickens me; No matter who wins the election, America loses.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Cybersix wrote:
under my rock. It's comfy and warm.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:38 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
More like cold and damp! And full o' worms too!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:48 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:also, streaming

https://picarto.tv/MrUnfortunate

Why does that SN sound familiar?

Oh, that's because Hilary is a woman.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Meh

On another rant: I am tempted to do a video about how everyone in suicide squad has transformed themselves EXCEPT Will Smith. I swear, DEADSHOT DOES NOT SAY

"I'm Touching you! What are you going to do about it?!" while poking a man's head

and

"Ya'll be crazy"

and

"Stay Evil gurl"
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Cybersix wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
More like cold and damp! And full o' worms too!
Lies!

-Mazer wrote:Meh

On another rant: I am tempted to do a video about how everyone in suicide squad has transformed themselves EXCEPT Will Smith. I swear, DEADSHOT DOES NOT SAY

"I'm Touching you! What are you going to do about it?!" while poking a man's head

and

"Ya'll be crazy"

and

"Stay Evil gurl"
Well yeah, that's cost of casting Will Smith and then actually keeping him on board. Letting him change as much as possible :\
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 pm

-Mazer wrote:Meh

and

"Ya'll be crazy"

and

"Stay Evil gurl"

people aren't going to pay good money to see deadshot accurately portrayed by will smith, they are going to go see will smith cosplaying as deadshot Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next