Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

+7
Hugh Mungus
-Mazer
Lunacy
zulux21
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
11 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake - Page 21 Empty Re: Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Post by zulux21 Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:38 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
zulux21 wrote:
either way NX is dead in the water with sony announcing a new vita on sept 7th (real rumor)
So long as it doesn't drop dead on launch...
I'm talking about both the NX and New Vita lol

to be fair the rumor has decent weight that sony will announce a new vita.
whether that is a new model of the current vita or something completely new isn't clear.

that being said. If sony created their next handheld to basically be the next generation of Vita, just with full android support and 4g (but still with exclusive handheld games like a normal vita would)it likely wouldn't do horribly. I mean how awesome would it be to play pokemon go on a dedicated sony gaming device Razz

I still don't get the point of the 3g vita.
4g vita might have actually sold a few more units, a 3g vita was just a huge waste of money especially after locking it to a single provider.

either way I would love a new sony handheld since I prefer the psp to the DS (though that one is a close race) and hands down prefer everything about the vita over the 3ds (including the most important thing the game library as the vita's library is way more to my liking)
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake - Page 21 Empty Re: Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Post by LegendX48 Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:56 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:So basically the Eurogamer NX rumor was a load of bullshit:
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/13/nvidia-canned-its-shield-tablet-successor-over-rumoured-fear-of-nintendo-nx/

Also people seem to forget the very good relationship that Nintendo has had with AMD (they've been supplying their chips since the GC!) and also they have a THIRD unannounced chip after the Scorpio and Neo. The writing is on the wall my friends.

This is great news imo.
If this is about AMD's new chip, it isn't unannounced per se, it's code named Vega and all pc nerds know about it BUT Vega isn't due out until 2017 at the earliest >.> On the flipside, Vega is AMD's high end chip meant to compete with Nvidia's GTX 1070 and possibly the GTX 1080. If this about a different chip entirely though, that's different and ignore me.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Lol Vita.

As if Sony would actually put any support into a 3rd handheld when they abandoned their last ones pretty quickly.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:06 pm

-Mazer wrote:Lol Vita.

As if Sony would actually put any support into a 3rd handheld when they abandoned their last ones pretty quickly.

really I don't care if sony themselves put any support into it.

unlike nintendo sony gets great third party support Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:31 pm

That's bullcrap and you know it. The 3DS has amazing 3rd party support. (talking strictly handhelds)

The vita has good 3rd party also but the system is practically dead in the water as far as Sony's support of it is concerned.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:25 pm

-Mazer wrote:That's bullcrap and you know it. The 3DS has amazing 3rd party support. (talking strictly handhelds)

The vita has good 3rd party also but the system is practically dead in the water as far as Sony's support of it is concerned.

there are way more games on the vita that I want to play than the 3ds in general.
the vita gets way more 3rd party games that interest me.

the 3ds barely has any third party games I care about and really doesn't get much in the way of third party support outside of square enix, capcom and level 5.

and for the record I am not even talking about indie games which the vita gets like 3 for every 1 the 3ds gets.

the vita library is full of a ton of great niche japanese games.

but for the fun of it, let's forget the past. and look strictly at the future.

Games I can play on the 3ds that I have even minor interest in that are scheduled to come out by gamefaqs.
Kingdom's Item Shop
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Corpse Party (Back to School Edition)
Pokemon moon/sun.

which for me on the 3ds is actually a decently large list of games as I don't think I have bought but 1 3ds game in the last 6 months lol.

games I can play on the vita (ignoring being able to play PS4 games via streaming Razz) that are scheduled to come out by game faqs.
Attack on Titan
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special Gigs
Steins;Gate 0
Dragon Quest Builders
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
World of Final Fantasy
Root Letter
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

which i am sure a lot of them you haven't heard of, but all of them are on my radar one way or another. But this is a usual few months of releases for the vita, in fact it is missing a lot indie games it will no doubt get.

to be fair a number of those games I wouldn't get on the vita, but it doesn't change the fact that the vita almost always has the most games coming for it that I am interested in than any other platform (including PC). It's a niche Japanese game paradise just like the psp was.

so no, it's not bullcrap and I know it. Hands down for my interests the vita kicks the shit out of the 3ds at pretty much any given time when it comes to games. It's not even a contest.

If you want me to give the 3ds a little more credit I can though since it has a decently strong fall line up.

of the 3ds list there are 3 games that I will no doubt buy.
of the vita list there are 6, but most of those I will either get on the PS4 or wait for a PC release instead of getting it on the vita. Doesn't really change the fact though that if I just had a vita and 3ds that the vita would be offering me much more to play.

Also one final thought.
yes sony abandoned the Vita, but here we are years later with still a ton of great games coming for it. once nintendo abandons the 3ds next year you will likely be able to pretty much shut the book on it aside from some cross platform games between the 3ds and NX.

edit:
speaking of niche japanese games.
if you didn't buy it on the 3ds you can now get conception 2 on the pc (using the superior vita version as a base of course Razz)
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:06 am

Hey now. You are using personal preference of games you are personally in. You cannot say they don't get 3rd party support and only use the games you like as part of that argument. That's like me saying PS4 has no support because it only has 4 games I care about vs the 20 I am playing on my WiiU.

*sits on Zulu*

*Likes to point out that he literally only owns maybe 10 3DS games in the entirety of the system's life and maybe has only given a damn about 3 of them*
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:28 am

-Mazer wrote:Hey now. You are using personal preference of games you are personally in. You cannot say they don't get 3rd party support and only use the games you like as part of that argument. That's like me saying PS4 has no support because it only has 4 games I care about vs the 20 I am playing on my WiiU.

*sits on Zulu*

*Likes to point out that he literally only owns maybe 10 3DS games in the entirety of the system's life and maybe has only given a damn about 3 of them*

even if you want to go that way though, the vita still gets a lot more games than the 3ds thanks to indie support Razz

either way though I would say that amazing is a far far stretch of the truth.
I would say no console has gotten amazing third party support since the ps2.
after that the ps3/360 and ps4/xbox one have great third party support and the wii had a far different version of great third party support lol.
I would consider the vita third party support good, and the 3ds merely adequate.

the simple fact is the 3ds had good third party support to start with, but it was pretty poor after that. The only reason the 3ds third party support doesn't feel horrible for the last few years is because the wiiu support in general is so shit tier that pretty much anything else feels at least adequate.

either way I am hoping the NX reinvigorates developers and we get a lot more quality games for it, and I would love to see sony introduce a successful handheld to keep nintendo competitive and to give developers choices, and also because playing disgaea on a non sony handheld would feel wrong Razz

*points out he owns like 40 physical 3ds games, but a decent chunk of them he got from his work for cheap lol.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:09 am

Sony does have the edge in the wacky Jap games...I won't deny that.

*tries to swing more arguments at Zulu but just collapses against him exhausted from work*

this is my first day without any caffeinated drinks...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:14 am

-Mazer wrote:Sony does have the edge in the wacky Jap games...I won't deny that.

*tries to swing more arguments at Zulu but just collapses against him exhausted from work*

this is my first day without any caffeinated drinks...

I'm so glad caffeine has like zero effect on me at times Razz
I mean it isn't great if I need it to pick me up, but I've also never had to deal with Caffeine withdrawl, and sugar itself gives me an okay pick me up Razz.

also tonight is sucking for writing.
I have a clear idea of what I need to do in this chapter.
I am excited to write it.
but when I go to write it's just not flowing well at all :/
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:38 am

I forgot to ask Mazer.
I naturally write in a present tense
"Jack smiles at Bri before reaching his hand up and giving her a thumbs up."

instead of a past tense.
"Jack smiled at Bri then reached his hand up to give her a thumbs up."

which bothers my wife.
Would it bother you?

(for a final draft I will likely rework stuff to a past tense since that seems to be more of a norm, but since I tend to write by playing scenes in my head and then writing down what I see present tense just flows better for the original draft)

and for completely unrelated reasons of wanting to get a song stuck in people's head
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:55 am

-Mazer wrote:That's bullcrap and you know it. The 3DS has amazing 3rd party support. (talking strictly handhelds)

At least from Japan. Western developers still tend to shy away the system. Nintendo really does need to step up their game in the Americas/Europe. They should actively seek out 3rd parties and indies to promote far more than they do, and ideally fund projects like they did with Bayonetta. Even better would be if they were willing to buy stock and shares in talented companies that need help. Why Nintendo stood by idly when developers like Factor 5 went under I do not understand.

In other news:
Classes start for me tomorrow and I am already exhausted...
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:52 pm

it's amazing how many people want the pokemon go creators sued because people are out and about breaking laws.

I mean I suppose there are likely people who want gun makers to be sued when someone is shot with their gun.

or knife makers sued when they cut themselves in the kitchen with their knife.

but it is still such a stupid thought and ideally judges start publicly throwing out these frivolous cases.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Gun manufacturers being sued when people are shot and killed with their product? Nonsense, the solution is clearly more guns! Automatic Guns at that!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Been playing tons of Resident Evil Revelations 2's Raid Mode and... Code Red difficulty IS FUCKING HARD. Every enemy has more health/higher defense and significantly higher damage. All enemies with millions of buffs and your just regular ol' you with absolutely no buffs and, if you want to play Raid mode the right way, absolutely no healing allowed. THIS SHIT IS FUCKING HARD AND CLEARLY MADE FOR CO-OP

TL;DR I need a co-op partner for Code Red difficulty >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Ew. Modern Resident Evil >.>

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:58 pm

*is on the sauce*
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Thank and Congratulations to Legend and Cyber, for being the first two commenters on my video!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 pm

|*steals Luna's Sauce*

Hey! They may have commented but I point out advice!! *sniffles*

And as far as I know, only Legend and Musuo watch my videos :'(

BTW: Playing No Man's Sky.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 pm

New NX Rumors

Supposedly NX Secured Kingdom Hearts 3 (Though some say this has been debunked)

Controller may be Modular. Inputs will be swappable.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Lunacy wrote:*is on the sauce*
Damn drunkards
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:48 pm

-Mazer wrote:|*steals Luna's Sauce*

Hey! They may have commented but I point out advice!! *sniffles*

And as far as I know, only Legend and Musuo watch my videos :'(

BTW: Playing No Man's Sky.
does No Man's Sky work?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:30 pm

It works for me. There are occasional lag spikes but its mostly because the planet is generating (I see the same thing w MC).

It's interesting so far. I do wish you could run faster tho.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Cybersix wrote:
Lunacy wrote:*is on the sauce*
Damn drunkards
Am not
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 pm

I caved in and bought a "New" 3DS XL (I gave my old 3DS to my roomate) so that I could play Monster Hunter with my roomate.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next