Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

+7
Hugh Mungus
-Mazer
Lunacy
zulux21
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
11 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake - Page 38 Empty Re: Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Post by -Mazer Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:49 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Also. Sony denied Bethesda the ability to mod fo4 and skyrin. MSoft is already tweeting about how they are letting it happen for thier system

Wtf sony

What? Why?

They don't like the idea of people making mods of whatever they want.

Bethesda has announced that there will no longer be mod support for its PlayStation 4 titles. Unfortunately, it seems Sony has informed the company that they will not be approving user mods in the way they "should work," where users have free reign over what they can create for Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Previously, Bethesda had promised mod support for the console and all of the niceties that came with it: flying Randy Savage dragons, ridiculous mods where everything looks like pizza a la some other very talented modders and more. Bethesda is "very disappointed" in Sony's decision, but didn't offer an explanation as to why it had been made in the first place, only lamenting the "considerable time and effort" that went into making the project come to fruition.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake - Page 38 Empty Re: Gen Chat 14: Luna's birthday cheesecake

Post by Lunacy Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:06 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:So what old anime should we expect seeing updated releases of? Also - PS4 Pro doesn't play UHD? So my deadpool UHD disc will still be collecting dust even if I get a PS4 Pro?

wtf man......should I even bother with a Pro now? I mean the higher resolution (upscaled of course) is nice but I was a bit interested in having that UHD player...

I dunno anymore...*preorders a Scropio instead?
I don't think PS4 Pro even upscales. On the flipside, iirc it does downsampling which is always gorgeous and a couple Pro versions of games are going for higher frame rates. All in all, a standard PS4 would be very silly when the Pro exists.
Revealing the PS4 Pro when announcing the PS3 Slim reminds me when Capcom revealed Monster Hunter 4 when they announced Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver.

Bad marketing.
Didn't MS do the same thing at E3 this year? They announced the Xbone s and the Scorpio at the same time. I remember one of my brothers was about to go preorder a slim, but when I followed up about the scorpio he got annoyed and decided to just wait.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Lunacy wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:So what old anime should we expect seeing updated releases of? Also - PS4 Pro doesn't play UHD? So my deadpool UHD disc will still be collecting dust even if I get a PS4 Pro?

wtf man......should I even bother with a Pro now? I mean the higher resolution (upscaled of course) is nice but I was a bit interested in having that UHD player...

I dunno anymore...*preorders a Scropio instead?
I don't think PS4 Pro even upscales. On the flipside, iirc it does downsampling which is always gorgeous and a couple Pro versions of games are going for higher frame rates. All in all, a standard PS4 would be very silly when the Pro exists.
Revealing the PS4 Pro when announcing the PS3 Slim reminds me when Capcom revealed Monster Hunter 4 when they announced Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver.

Bad marketing.
Didn't MS do the same thing at E3 this year? They announced the Xbone s and the Scorpio at the same time. I remember one of my brothers was about to go preorder a slim, but when I followed up about the scorpio he got annoyed and decided to just wait.
If Microsoft did, shame on them, too.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:57 pm

I am not really a fan of these mid-generation new consoles...Isn't the Scorpio basically a new system now?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Same deal as the PS4 Pro.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Well the PS4 Pro is a meh upgrade...just a bit stronger to do the stuff it brags about. Isn't the Scorpio something of a new beast of a system
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:16 pm

I have no idea about specifics, unfortunately.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Both are cashgrabs, like the New3DS was.
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Bounty : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:38 pm

indeed
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Meh. I wish I actually was excited about a PS4 purchase. It's like this inevitable thing that I know is coming and I will be probably a LOT more excited when I use it, but buying it right now is meh lol.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:15 pm

-Mazer wrote:
zulux21 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Stardew Valley is so much fun Very Happy I accidentally made m character into a tranny tho Sad

@ Jusitn

YAY GOOD MOOD

@ Zulu

When I get the PS4, I'll try the demo out.

the demo won't let you get to the crazy stuff, but is a fine way to check out the game since it not only is the beginning of the game, but your save carries over Razz

if you don't have a PC by jan you could always just get disgaea 2.

disgaea 1 has the better story, but 2 has the better mechanics which are more important to me Razz

I haz a PC...I haz a damn good PC O.o
i meant ps4 Razz
-Mazer wrote:I had a dream that smirky and zulu quit the forum and it mademade me  sad.

Also. Sony denied Bethesda the ability to mod fo4 and skyrin. MSoft is already tweeting about how they are letting it happen for thier system

Wtf sony

I wouldn't quit just forget that i should post here Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:17 pm

-Mazer wrote:Well the PS4 Pro is a meh upgrade...just a bit stronger to do the stuff it brags about. Isn't the Scorpio something of a new beast of a system

scropio is the same thing as the pro, just better base specs, with the same no exclusive rules, and likely a 500-600 price point.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:20 pm

So the way these "new" consoles are gonna work is gonna be like pc games, then? Like, xbone, xbone s, ps4 and ps4 slim are gonna run the game at medium/low setting while ps4 pro and xbone scorpio run on high?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Lunacy wrote:So the way these "new" consoles are gonna work is gonna be like pc games, then? Like, xbone, xbone s, ps4 and ps4 slim are gonna run the game at medium/low setting while ps4 pro and xbone scorpio run on high?
That and have games that can only play on XBox One S and PS4 Pro, namely VR games.
iirc.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:29 pm

I see....hmm.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:42 pm

zulux21 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Well the PS4 Pro is a meh upgrade...just a bit stronger to do the stuff it brags about. Isn't the Scorpio something of a new beast of a system

scropio is the same thing as the pro, just better base specs, with the same no exclusive rules, and likely a 500-600 price point.
it'll likely also be able to play UHD Blu-rays like the Xbone Slim
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Anywho... ran a red light by mistake. I really hate the damn streets on the way to/from school. 60mph zone where the lights fucking love changing when you only have 30ft to stop. Add to that the damn light turned and stayed yellow for 3 damn seconds @_@

I feel horrible, worried and anxious as fuck right now
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Lunacy wrote:So the way these "new" consoles are gonna work is gonna be like pc games, then? Like, xbone, xbone s, ps4 and ps4 slim are gonna run the game at medium/low setting while ps4 pro and xbone scorpio run on high?
That and have games that can only play on XBox One S and PS4 Pro, namely VR games.
iirc.
scorpio will likely do that, ps4 pro own't have any exclusives at all confirmed.
LegendX48 wrote:
zulux21 wrote:

which will matter to almost no one, because anyone that has a set up that can take advantage of UHD should already have a UHD player Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:33 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Anywho... ran a red light by mistake. I really hate the damn streets on the way to/from school. 60mph zone where the lights fucking love changing when you only have 30ft to stop. Add to that the damn light turned and stayed yellow for 3 damn seconds @_@

I feel horrible, worried and anxious as fuck right now
Did that late at night. Treated the red light like a stop sign.
I wanted to slap myself lol
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:37 pm

zulux21 wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
iirc.
scorpio will likely do that, ps4 pro own't have any exclusives at all confirmed.
LegendX48 wrote:
zulux21 wrote:

which will matter to almost no one, because anyone that has a set up that can take advantage of UHD should already have a UHD player Razz

I disagree. Remember how the PS3 was bought by many because it was an inexpensive blu-ray player? Those who see the X1 S as an inexpensive UHD PLayer could use it as their reason to start gettng into the 4k stuff.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:47 am

-Mazer wrote:

I disagree. Remember how the PS3 was bought by many because it was an inexpensive blu-ray player? Those who see the X1 S as an inexpensive UHD PLayer could use it as their reason to start gettng into the 4k stuff.

it wasn't really bought by many because it was an inexpensive blu ray player until the slim version came out. (when it dropped in price and more people were ready to move to blu ray)

it wouldn't surprise me if by the time the pro is ready for a slim version that they will add in the uhd player as by that time maybe more than 500k people worldwide will actually care about UHD... most likely not, but maybe.

4k stuff is all high end and only cared about a very very very tiny percent of the world population. that will still likely be true 5 years from now.

anyone that actively goes after it would no doubt be willing to spend a lot of money for it. being included in a console really won't make a difference.

while it seems stupid given their press conference to not include it, once the conference fades and the actual want for 4k video is taken into account. not including something that costs $15 per console is really just smart business. the couple hundred sales they will miss out on from not including it will be more than made up by the savings.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:07 am

I don't see the need for 4k gaming when consoles are still struggling getting native 1080p.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:01 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:I don't see the need for 4k gaming when consoles are still struggling getting native 1080p.

really there isn't much need for 4k gaming when most people don't own a 4k tv and likely have no plans to upgrade for 5-10 years when their replacement TVs to their current TVs die and 4k Tvs are being replaced by what ever comes next so they are the cheapest tvs on the market for the most part.

the simple fact is in an age where streaming stuff is becoming the normal, high end resolution is pointless because streams can't get high end pictures anyways. Maybe in 10 years time we will have better internet around the world, and it would be able to do 4k in most places, and maybe data caps will be a thing of the past. but until then it's not really going to take off, especially since your average person doesn't give a crap between 720 and 1080 let alone 1080 and 4k.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:50 am

Yep.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:07 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:I don't see the need for 4k gaming when consoles are still struggling getting native 1080p.
Exactly. If you can't even get to 1080p, why do you think you can get to 4k?
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next