Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 27 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by zulux21 Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:40 pm

I really don't know how much longer I am going to bother playing zelda breath of the wild.

combat isn't fun because of constant weapon breaks.
exploring isn't fun because of super slow climbing.
the main story so far hasn't been very interesting and has made me do crap like have to run (sorry walk, if I run the flame goes out) for 5 minutes to go light something.
and the puzzles so far have gone between boring and just horrid (screw motion puzzles so hard)
the world is big sure, but it is also very boring and empty feeling. sure there is something in the distance to do, but that involves running for a few minutes to get there and climbing for even more most likely.

it's like this game was designed to last for as long as possible much like an MMO :/

I am sure the puzzles get better later, and the climbing will get better with upgrades and what not, but I shouldn't need upgrades to actually have fun with the game.

Oh well, not every game is met for everyone. I had high hopes for this game and it looks very likely that it will end up like skyward sword as the only console zelda games I never finish :/

at least paragliding is kind of fun... it's a shame it takes 10 minutes to climb up anything new and high enough to have fun with it.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 27 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:22 pm

zulux21 wrote:I really don't know how much longer I am going to bother playing zelda breath of the wild.

combat isn't fun because of constant weapon breaks.
exploring isn't fun because of super slow climbing.
the main story so far hasn't been very interesting and has made me do crap like have to run (sorry walk, if I run the flame goes out) for 5 minutes to go light something.
and the puzzles so far have gone between boring and just horrid (screw motion puzzles so hard)
the world is big sure, but it is also very boring and empty feeling. sure there is something in the distance to do, but that involves running for a few minutes to get there and climbing for even more most likely.

it's like this game was designed to last for as long as possible much like an MMO :/

I am sure the puzzles get better later, and the climbing will get better with upgrades and what not, but I shouldn't need upgrades to actually have fun with the game.

Oh well, not every game is met for everyone. I had high hopes for this game and it looks very likely that it will end up like skyward sword as the only console zelda games I never finish :/

at least paragliding is kind of fun... it's a shame it takes 10 minutes to climb up anything new and high enough to have fun with it.

Another annoyance: The fucking rain. It's ONLY purpose is the irritate you when you're trying to climb somewhere. I don't give a damn that it's a realistic detail, IT FUCKING SUCKS. The amount of times I've been trying to climb somewhere and then WHOOPS it's raining now so I have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for it to stop.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:36 pm

*quietly enjoys the game using his 2 stamina wheels to climb wet surfaces without any issue or the "ability" to throw him to the highest cliffs easily......

*whistles innocently*
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:12 pm

-Mazer wrote:WUT!!! >.> I always used cheat codes for like 99% of the N64 games I had. That was a beautiful era of cheat codes. I miss them.
First thing I did in Turok 2 was type in bewareoblivionisathand, it worked! Very Happy
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:25 pm

-Mazer wrote:*quietly enjoys the game using his 2 stamina wheels to climb wet surfaces without any issue or the "ability" to throw him to the highest cliffs easily......

*whistles innocently*

I imagine if you could give me your save file I would have a lot more fun Razz

doesn't matter though... I am just gonna quit for now, and try again at a later time maybe... or just sell my copy and play my switch copy when I eventually get a switch.

either way Nier has been decent so far. the least interesting of horizon and zelda when it comes to the open world, but the melee combat is so much better than either of those games that it's still decently fun to just run around killing things.

it's also going very creepy with some of the themes, and I enjoy the fact that they named one of the characters Jackass.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:06 pm

-Mazer wrote:*quietly enjoys the game using his 2 stamina wheels to climb wet surfaces without any issue or the "ability" to throw him to the highest cliffs easily......

*whistles innocently*
pssh. Two stamina wheels?
I've got 2 3/4ths and about to get 3 wheels of stamina.

Oh, and I beat the game already. :)
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:19 pm

zulux21 wrote:

*whistles innocently*

I imagine if you could give me your save file I would have a lot more fun Razz

doesn't matter though... I am just gonna quit for now, and try again at a later time maybe... or just sell my copy and play my switch copy when I eventually get a switch.

either way Nier has been decent so far. the least interesting of horizon and zelda when it comes to the open world, but the melee combat is so much better than either of those games that it's still decently fun to just run around killing things.

it's also going very creepy with some of the themes, and I enjoy the fact that they named one of the characters Jackass.

I did not like Nier. I did at first but after doing the 1st half of the game and having zero idea wtf the story was about, I went online to figure what I was missing. Turns out most of the story is told through side quests? Blus the dungeons repeat....I stopped. I just no longer cared about it. Like, at all Sad

xXJus10Xx wrote:

*whistles innocently*
pssh. Two stamina wheels?
I've got 2 3/4ths and about to get 3 wheels of stamina.

Oh, and I beat the game already. :)

Me:

51 shrines completed
4 memories left
14 hearts, 2 stamina wheels
about 60 seeds located
Bird and Camel dungeons completed
about 56% of photos taken

I am working on memories and side-quests not. I need to give that little cur of a kid the fire rod >.>
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 pm

man, the first X-Men movie is so corny and goofy. Been years since I've seen it.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 pm

-Mazer wrote:I need to give that little cur of a kid the fire rod >.>
I need to find a Moblin club for him
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Cybersix wrote:

Did you know you can regain any weapon you discovered
Spoiler:
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:23 am

-Mazer wrote:

I did not like Nier. I did at first but after doing the 1st half of the game and having zero idea wtf the story was about, I went online to figure what I was missing. Turns out most of the story is told through side quests? Blus the dungeons repeat....I stopped. I just no longer cared about it. Like, at all Sad

I will have to see if it holds my interest at all.
it at least hit the right chord with combat and movement that it's fun to fight and move around the world from the get go which is a huge plus, but already the backtracking and seemingly very limited fast travel system is not great as it's a very bad padding mechanism. Which obviously I am not a fan of given my zelda talks lol.

So far my Zelda wiiu copy remains unsold, but only because my wife wants to try it before I sell it.
to be fair she might enjoy it more than me. I am also not a fan of the souls/bloodborne series but she likes bloodborne, so maybe she will like zelda more than me, and I can just watch her play or something and eventually goof around when she unlocks enough stuff to make the game actually fun to play.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:43 am

I have about the same progress as Mazer, albeit with around 300 korok seeds found/spent. I am really enjoying the game, though I am getting to the point that I would like to see new enemies.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Koenig wrote:I have about the same progress as Mazer, albeit with around 300 korok seeds found/spent.  I am really enjoying the game, though I am getting to the point that I would like to see new enemies.

I can agree with that though I think that is a fault with Zelda games in general. Outside of Link the Past and Link's awakening, I don't really think there are that many varieties of enemies in the zelda franchise.

I'm memory hunting now. Seriously, I cannot get enough of Zelda. I think this is hand's down the best personality we've ever seen from the character.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Even then, there are a ton of existing enemy types inexplicably missing in Breath of the Wild. Where are the Darknuts, the Deku Baba's, the Skultulas, and the P-hats? Where are the Poes and the re-deads? Where are the Kargorocs and the Tektites? Never mind the fact that there are really no unique bosses in the game.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:26 pm

You guys are all playing Zelda, meanwhile I'm just waiting for a performance patch to make it playable.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 pm

LegendX48 wrote:You guys are all playing Zelda, meanwhile I'm just waiting for a performance patch to make it playable.

but the performance wasn't that bad on the wiiu >.>
it's like the one thing that didn't bug me aside from paragliding lol.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:49 am

Do you guys remember that hot/cold shooter game (now called Twin Hectic Temper)? I've been going back and forth whether I should keep making it from the Clickteam engine or the Unity engine.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 am

smirkytrick wrote:Do you guys remember that hot/cold shooter game (now called Twin Hectic Temper)? I've been going back and forth whether I should keep making it from the Clickteam engine or the Unity engine.
How much work would it take to finish? On principle I would say go for it so that you could get the experience.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 pm

LegendX48 wrote:You guys are all playing Zelda, meanwhile I'm just waiting for a performance patch to make it playable.

I wouldn't hold your breath for one on the Wii U version.

zulux21 wrote:but the performance wasn't that bad on the wiiu >.>

It gets pretty horrendous whenever you're in a town.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Koenig wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Do you guys remember that hot/cold shooter game (now called Twin Hectic Temper)? I've been going back and forth whether I should keep making it from the Clickteam engine or the Unity engine.
How much work would it take to finish?  On principle I would say go for it so that you could get the experience.
Well for clickteam, the controls are pretty much completed. I remember Mazer and I struggling to get it working on clickteam. still, I'm concerned about what's possible and what's not on the clickteam engine. As far as I know, the unity engine could easily handle the things I want to put into the game. such as particle effects.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I love the bloodmoon in Zelda, although I wish it was more like Terria and lasted all night with rare monsters showing up...
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 27 Qb92pkogj1my
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:

Did you know you can regain any weapon you discovered
Spoiler:
How? Do you have to finish the side quest first? I have most of it done, but am missing the Bird fellow.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 am

zulux21 wrote:

but the performance wasn't that bad on the wiiu >.>
you ain't seen nothing yet
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Koenig wrote:Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 27 Qb92pkogj1my
Accurate.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next