Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 29 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Do not say a word about the final boss battle. I have been salivating waiting for that final confrontation.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 29 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 pm

Got word from dad...he was hospitalized due to prostate issues. They did minor surgery on him but only temporarily fixed the issue. He needs to get to a real hospital. We are demanding an early release in order to get him taken care of...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 pm

-Mazer wrote:

*slowly moves his mouse for the Purchase button because he has a great idea for the face rigger...
I need to pick up a webcam from work as I don't currently have one lol.

I was planning on trying to make like 30-60 reviews using a dragon puppet, but I suppose I could just do a dragon avatar now Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 am

@Mazer: I found an Anime I think you will love. Konosuba.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Mazar doesn't watch stuff unless it's dubbed. At least that's what he tells me when I recommend stuff to him. >_>
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Played a little more BOTW last night, on my way to the Zora Domain. I'm willing to grant that my feelings about it were due to me being tired as hell but, man... What a bore this game is sometimes. That wizrobe can get fucked. The weapon degradation needs to get fucked. Did one shrine on the way to the zora's and the moment I entered the shrine inside their domain I just couldn't be bothered to even attempt it and had to shut it off.

*sigh*

Starting to feel like I should just stop altogether or force myself through this. Maybe I was just too tired when I booted it up but... This is a really disappointing game that's outclassed by everything. So generic. I just don't care about anything going on in this game at all and the game clearly doesn't either.

edit: idk, maybe I should just play it when I'm wide awake.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Koenig wrote:@Mazer: I found an Anime I think you will love.  Konosuba.
Nice show.
Wish it didn't stop at 10 episodes a season.

Lunacy wrote:
Kanna-chan
:)
LegendX48 wrote:Played a little more BOTW last night, on my way to the Zora Domain. I'm willing to grant that my feelings about it were due to me being tired as hell but, man... What a bore this game is sometimes. That wizrobe can get fucked. The weapon degradation needs to get fucked. Did one shrine on the way to the zora's and the moment I entered the shrine inside their domain I just couldn't be bothered to even attempt it and had to shut it off.

*sigh*

Starting to feel like I should just stop altogether or force myself through this. Maybe I was just too tired when I booted it up but... This is a really disappointing game that's outclassed by everything. So generic. I just don't care about anything going on in this game at all and the game clearly doesn't either.

edit: idk, maybe I should just play it when I'm wide awake.
Try playing when you're wide awake. playing games while sleepy isn't fun at all.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:05 pm

I found the initial trek to the Zora's domain to be a complete bore, mostly due to the rain/visability/gantlet I had to go through to get there. Again, I get the feeling if the story had been handled a bit better I would have been more interested. For example, in twilight princess the Zora domain freezing over lead to the rivers and lakebeds completely drying up in Hyrule, all of the people in the nearby areas were concerned and were wondering what the hell was going on, but were unable to make the journey due to monsters.

In BoTW the rain is "Flooding" the river according to the Zora, and risking the destrcution of the damn; but outside of the continious rain, no one else in the Kingdom even seems to care or even know about it. I don't know about you guys, but when the mountain region gets a bunch of rain I am readily aware of it; maybe that's just because I live in the desert and any form of flooding is a rare and dangerous event.

Either way, I feel that the NPC's and dialogue in the game could have used a lot of work in respect towards the various divine beasts; I love this game, but the story (Or rather the implementation of the story) has left me very disappointed.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Lunacy wrote:Mazar doesn't watch stuff unless it's dubbed. At least that's what he tells me when I recommend stuff to him. >_>

No. I watched Subtitiles a lot. Just usually prefer dubbed so I can do other things around the house instead of focusing on the words.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:11 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Lunacy wrote:Mazar doesn't watch stuff unless it's dubbed. At least that's what he tells me when I recommend stuff to him. >_>

No. I watched Subtitiles a lot. Just usually prefer dubbed so I can do other things around the house instead of focusing on the words.
If you are interested, Konosuba is a damn funny show. It is essentially a parody of RPG's and anime in generaly; I have 10 times over though mocked the show's logic (As I do for all anime) saying "Wouldn't it be funny if they did that next?" and then that exact thing happens the next episode.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:46 pm

I'll give it a benefit of the doubt seeing as my opinion on RE7 took a complete 180 (disliked it initially, ended up really liking and appreciating it now).

I'm not certain that my opinion of BOTW make a similar turn.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 pm

I found and tamed the Lord of the Mountain, but unfortunately the stables won't let me register him.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Legend you are the most pessimistic gamer I know >.>
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:39 pm

-Mazer wrote:Legend you are the most pessimistic gamer I know >.>
I'm not being pessimistic, just disappointed. This game has been showered by near universal praise and what I got was a generic open world game and not what people seem to be going head over heels for :\
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Hey! I take offense to that! That is very clearly my title.

Mad

Also, I am really wishing BoTW had the hidden moves from Twilight Princess; the finishing blow and helm splitter in particular would be amazing in this game. Hidden moves like those would go a ways to providing more gameplay growth and depth to combat, and I would love to see what other moves they could come up with for two handed and spear type weapons.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 29 Ending_Blow  Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 29 Helm_Splitter Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 29 Mortal_Draw Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 29 Back_Slice
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:10 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Kanna-chan
:)
I was debating whether to go with her or Lucoa. In the end, cuteness wins out, though.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:21 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
I'm not being pessimistic, just disappointed. This game has been showered by near universal praise and what I got was a generic open world game and not what people seem to be going head over heels for :\

You listen to Hype way more than you should, mate. I don't know about generic open world, but for me this is seriously some of the most fun I've had in Zelda in ages. They've given me almost everything I've wanted from a Zelda game. The biggest being the difficulty. I was getting REALLY fed up with how easy everything was in the previous games :'(
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 pm

I am hunting down the last 3 shrines. I want to get all 120 before I fight Ganon.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 am

My hat off to you...good god I would start losing patience when I get to the last 20. I am at 60 so far. I think I will go for at least 100 before hunting Gannon down.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:26 am

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

You listen to Hype way more than you should, mate. I don't know about generic open world, but for me this is seriously some of the most fun I've had in Zelda in ages. They've given me almost everything I've wanted from a Zelda game. The biggest being the difficulty. I was getting REALLY fed up with how easy everything was in the previous games :'(
I didn't listen to the hype. I expected a great game as Nintendo delivers nearly all the time. This, so far, has not been one of those times.

The open world is incredibly typical, almost Bethesda like with its sparse npcs wandering where other games have had lively worlds that feel like people actually live in them (witcher 3). The voice acting seems like a waste of time with how little there actually is and the difficulty is more irritating than challenging. Then the performance issues... It's like Nintendo designed a game for current gen hardware then realized that neither the Wii U or Switch are equipped to handle a current gen workload and just went, "Fuck it!" and pushed the game out anyway. Asking the Wii U version to just hold it together for longer than 10 seconds is asking the impossible as it is constantly in the low 20s and dropping further down into the teens a la Dragons Dogma on ps3.

Just... so unpolished and unlike Nintendo.

I also miss heart pieces/containers and items :\
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 am

-Mazer wrote:My hat off to you...good god I would start losing patience when I get to the last 20. I am at 60 so far. I think I will go for at least 100 before hunting Gannon down.
I got through the first 113 without much trouble, but ill confess that I used a guide to hunt down the last 7. Currently a bit disappointed by the reward for all 120...we will see how it pans out.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:21 am

LegendX48 wrote:Then the performance issues... It's like Nintendo designed a game for current gen hardware then realized that neither the Wii U or Switch are equipped to handle a current gen workload and just went, "Fuck it!" and pushed the game out anyway. Asking the Wii U version to just hold it together for longer than 10 seconds is asking the impossible as it is constantly in the low 20s and dropping further down into the teens a la Dragons Dogma on ps3.

Just... so unpolished and unlike Nintendo.

I also miss heart pieces/containers and items :\

You must have a defective copy because for me the frame rate only ever got bad when I was in a town.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:17 am

120 shrines completed...Now to grind out my armor and take on Ganon.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am

TensePsychopath wrote:

You must have a defective copy because for me the frame rate only ever got bad when I was in a town.
I'm sure my copy is fine. I have little to no tolerance for frame drops below 30.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next