Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 38 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by Cybersix Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:24 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:The kid I'm thinking of I don't remember being that tall.
Kids do this thing called growing, pretty common practice.
but significant growth overnight with old clothes that still fit perfectly though?
Yes.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 38 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:27 pm

I am really confused about Yooka-Yaylee. I get the average review scores, how it's disappointing, and the awkward controls. But is it a failure?

keep in mind, I'm comparing this to the Mighty no. 9 launch. It's really hard to say.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Well, there's always next time to say "hello."

Spoiler:
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:58 pm

smirkytrick wrote:I am really confused about Yooka-Yaylee. I get the average review scores, how it's disappointing, and the awkward controls. But is it a failure?

keep in mind, I'm comparing this to the Mighty no. 9 launch. It's really hard to say.
Because nostalgia bait. That, and for some reason anything less than "perfect" is considered a failure in today's review culture.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Koenig wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:I am really confused about Yooka-Yaylee. I get the average review scores, how it's disappointing, and the awkward controls. But is it a failure?

Because nostalgia bait. That, and for some reason anything less than "perfect" is considered a failure in today's review culture.
I dunno, MN9 was trying to be megaman and failed miserably. meanwhile everyone that reviewed the game, even the harshest critics, are saying it manages to capture the banjo kazooie charm.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
Koenig wrote:

I dunno, MN9 was trying to be megaman and failed miserably. meanwhile everyone that reviewed the game, even the harshest critics, are saying it manages to capture the banjo kazooie charm.

But here is the thing. Does it capture the charm while updating the game's mechanics, features, etc or does it capture it by being a near-exact clone of the original game?

For example: Shovel Knight hit Nostalgia because of the graphics, simple gameplay, and music but it used a lot of modern techniques to keep things exciting and fun.

Does Yooka do the same thing?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
Koenig wrote:

But here is the thing. Does it capture the charm while updating the game's mechanics, features, etc or does it capture it by being a near-exact clone of the original game?

For example: Shovel Knight hit Nostalgia because of the graphics, simple gameplay, and music but it used a lot of modern techniques to keep things exciting and fun.

Does Yooka do the same thing?
The characters do, and in some aspect so does the gameplay. and the atmosphere in my opinion does have that banjo feel to it. But I do have to admit, there are some levels that don't have that atmosphere. the controls from the look of it have that feel but are a bit wonky at times.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:37 pm

You know what, I think Yuka Laylee is just an OK game. Nothing more nothing less. Looking forward to the Hat In Time.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
The characters do, and in some aspect so does the gameplay. and the atmosphere in my opinion does have that banjo feel to it. But I do have to admit, there are some levels that don't have that atmosphere. the controls from the look of it have that feel but are a bit wonky at times.
From what I've played the controls are fine, the only problem I had was when using the Laylee ball thing, but once I got used to it everything was fine.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:36 pm

I doubt it will happen, but I really hope Hat in Time gets a switch release (Even better if it is physical)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 pm

smirkytrick wrote:You know what, I think Yuka Laylee is just an OK game. Nothing more nothing less. Looking forward to the Hat In Time.

"Ok" games are fine if the price is right. It's like that game NeverDead. It wasn't anything special but for the 15$ I spent on it, I loved the game to death. It was actually one of my favorite PS3 games at the time
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Koenig wrote:I doubt it will happen, but I really hope Hat in Time gets a switch release (Even better if it is physical)

I wouldn't rule it out given that humble bundle is the publisher and are at least on good enough terms with nintendo to do a humble nintendo bundle.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 am

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:You know what, I think Yuka Laylee is just an OK game. Nothing more nothing less. Looking forward to the Hat In Time.

"Ok" games are fine if the price is right. It's like that game NeverDead. It wasn't anything special but for the 15$ I spent on it, I loved the game to death. It was actually one of my favorite PS3 games at the time
I think Yooka Laylee is $40 and Hat In Time is $20.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:58 am

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

I think Yooka Laylee is $40 and Hat In Time is $20.
*tries to find a price for a hat in time... can't... but does see it will have an online co op mode*

coolio.

it also sounds like if you were a kickstarter backer you got an extra key that would allow you to give the full game to a friend.

both yooka and a hat in time had their price set at $15 for the kickstarter... so who knows what price it end up at.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:17 pm

That was pretty cool.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Kass is best bird
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 pm

He's fun ^-^

I may return to BOTW later just to farm Lynels :3

Did you guys see the dude who beat a Lynel naked and with only a metal rock?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:23 pm

-Mazer wrote:He's fun ^-^

I may return to BOTW later just to farm Lynels :3

Did you guys see the dude who beat a Lynel naked and with only a metal rock?
ignore zelda and just play persona I need someone to talk to about it Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:45 pm

I may poke it with a stick before the weekend
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:48 pm

Sad face

I hate asking this; but could I trouble you guys for a few thumbs up for this video? Some trollers kept thumbing me down

https://youtu.be/sGv29EdaJ_w
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 am

Thumbed.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:02 am

Guys, I need to talk about the best thing that happened to me today it was just to epic for me to contain.

I got out of class early, and my next class wouldn't start for another hour so I was wondering how I'm going to kill time.That was when I noticed a vending machine, in the vending machine were two bags of Doritos wedged together held only by a third bag. I starred at this phenomenon for a good 5 minutes to analyze the situation. If I paid a dollar, I could get 2 bags of Doritos, or maybe 3 if I did it right. After much contemplation, I decided to tempt fate and snag me some Doritos. I went to my car, to get some spare change, I barely had a dollar. I still remember the quantity: it was 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 3 nickels, and 5 pennies. Made my voyage back to the vending machine, the wedged bags were still there. I put in my money, then came my first obstacle, the machine refused to take the 5 pennies. devastated but determined, I traveled across campus to a bookstore to exchange the 5 pennies for a nickel. An odd quest, I know, but if you knew what was on the line you would do the same. I obtained my nickel and ventured back to the vending machine. This time it accepted my money. I press the buttons B-2, the machine starts dispensing, I hold my breath, hope is in my eyes, and anticipation is growing. Time seemed to have slow down when it was dispensing. Then suddenly, the screws stopped spinning, it was done dispensing, and none of the bags dropped, instead the now 3 Doritos bags were wedged together. Needless to say, I was devastated. As I was sulking and looking at the greedy vending machine, several people walked up to the vending machine to get their snacks. I told them about the Doritos, although it was clear that they were tempted, they understandably went with the more accessible snacks. After some thought, I decided I was not going to let this machine take my money for nothing. So, I grabbed the sides of the machine and slightly nudged it. The Doritos moved a little bit, not a whole lot, but some. I nudged the machine a second time, the Doritos moved a little bit more. One more nudge should do the trick. As I was about to do the final nudge, I realized that I wasn't doing this just for me, it was for the change that gave the machine, it was for saving a trip to the grocery store for when we need Doritos, it was for the family having a convenient snack for tomorrow, and it was for the 2 people who craved Doritos and fell victim of the vending machines evil ways. I nudged the machine a third and final time. And down came the 3 bags of Doritos. I was filled with more than just satisfaction, I was also filled with victory, and eventually some Doritos. I grabbed my 3 bagged trophies with glee, and went on my way. I hope this story inspires those who took the time to listened.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 am

Mazer, why you leave address labels on for your unboxings?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next