Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig on Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 am

I would argue that the only real harm is caused by the scalpers who buy a product in bulk/and or sell it far above market value. Otherwise, scalping is just part of the capital system. Supply and demand, and profit in between.

Now, If Nintendo would just figure out how to actually meet demand rather than skewer the market to drive said demand.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4234
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by -Mazer on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:46 am

Yup bc u prevented someone from buying it for themselves fairly to sate yo u e greed

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7746
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by -Mazer on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:54 am

If there is a concert for 1 night. 1000 people can attend. Out of those 1000, 200 are bought out by scalpers. That is 200 real fans denied access to their show unless they fork over money.

Scalping is literally holding something people want at ransom and charging ridiculous prices for it  i dont care if its under the highest value.  You denied someone spmething to line your pockets.

I remember being in line for amiibos amd discovering in line were a guy and his two cousins. I overheard them talking about how their wives and siblings were at other gamestops around town and they sere all buying out amiibos to horde and scalp once demand skyrocketed.

That is bs. Real fans waiting in line only to have their items taken by those to be resold.



Now I speak as a consumer here.  As a businessman I get the logic.  But i still do not tolerate this act.  This is not reselling cheaply made objects at higher prices. This is taking a limited quantity of something. Denying people of that product then ransoming it back.

Mind you. There are those who do thisthat are not as horrid. Like scalpers who buy certain seats for a non sold out show. They are not denying entry and only hold better seats available. The consumer can still get access to said show or use scalper to get better seats. Fine but to buy tickets for a sold out show to gold ransom from real fans. Idont buy that. I was denied a very rare heavy metal concert because of that

And I dont give a damn if "Nintendo should be doing strictly preorders or have more in stock" that does not excuse the idea of literally denying someone the chance to buying a product legit. You are not "punishing" nintendo. You are punishing the fans

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7746
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by zulux21 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 am

-Mazer wrote:If there is a concert for 1 night. 1000 people can attend. Out of those 1000, 200 are bought out by scalpers. That is 200 real fans denied access to their show unless they fork over money.

Scalping is literally holding something people want at ransom and charging ridiculous prices for it  i dont care if its under the highest value.  You denied someone spmething to line your pockets.

I remember being in line for amiibos amd discovering in line were a guy and his two cousins. I overheard them talking about how their wives and siblings were at other gamestops around town and they sere all buying out amiibos to horde and scalp once demand skyrocketed.

That is bs. Real fans waiting in line only to have their items taken by those to be resold.



Now I speak as a consumer here.  As a businessman I get the logic.  But i still do not tolerate this act.  This is not reselling cheaply made objects at higher prices. This is taking a limited quantity of something. Denying people of that product then ransoming it back.

Mind you. There are those who do thisthat are not as horrid. Like scalpers who buy certain seats for a non sold out show. They are not denying entry and only hold better seats available. The consumer can still get access to said show or use scalper to get better seats. Fine but to buy tickets for a sold out show to gold ransom from real fans. Idont buy that. I was denied a very rare heavy metal concert because of that

And I dont give a damn if "Nintendo should be doing strictly preorders or have more in stock" that does not excuse the idea of literally denying someone the chance to buying a product legit. You are not "punishing" nintendo. You are punishing the fans

to be fair I would never scalp concert tickets. Venues can only support so many people and thus there is a good reason for there to only be 1k available.

beyond that at least for me, even with stuff I do end up scalping, I typically go around my entire circle of local friends and see if any of them want it at cost before I sell anything at a marked up price.

I also tend to only buy one or two of things not as many as possible, and usually only for stuff I might want myself that I will decide later if I want to keep or if the market price is high enough to get me to part with it.

I mean does it still make someone scummy if they buy the item thinking they would want it, but then see that it is going for 10 times the amount they paid and decide to part with it Razz?

either way I don't care to much. I have no problems taking away the ability to buy something from someone I don't know as long as it doesn't adversely harm them in a serious way (missing out on something they want is not a serious way, keeping them from buying food, shelter, medicine would be) and no problem taking money from someone I don't know for a mark up on non necessities. in general I don't care about random people.
avatar
zulux21

Posts : 1353
Bounty : 1
Join date : 2015-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by zulux21 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:11 pm

monster hunter world is not a monster hunter made for west audiences

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397746
avatar
zulux21

Posts : 1353
Bounty : 1
Join date : 2015-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by zulux21 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:06 pm

LOL
avatar
zulux21

Posts : 1353
Bounty : 1
Join date : 2015-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:17 pm

zulux21 wrote:monster hunter world is not a monster hunter made for west audiences

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397746


Welp, even more fuel to the fire for my salt of it not being on Switch. The switch is prized to dominate Japan, and Capcom is quite foolish to pass up the opportunity given the preference for the series on handheld devises.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4234
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by zulux21 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Koenig wrote:
zulux21 wrote:monster hunter world is not a monster hunter made for west audiences

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397746


Welp, even more fuel to the fire for my salt of it not being on Switch.  The switch is prized to dominate Japan, and Capcom is quite foolish to pass up the opportunity given the preference for the series on handheld devises.

to be fair if it is going to make decent use of the ps4 it wouldn't run on the switch well anyways.

instead of making an inferior version for the switch they might as well just port an old version to the switch and make some improvements to it.

oh wait... they did exactly that.

so it won't release in english, it's not like long term fans of the series can't play the game with it being in japanese as worst case you can always look up things.

I mean the switch isn't region locked... so there is little to stop you from importing the game.

should they localize it in english, sure, but it really isn't the end of the world that they aren't. you can still play it on your switch.

aka get over it. if language will be an issue, then use it as motivation to learn japanese.
it's what I am doing with the new itadaki street special.
avatar
zulux21

Posts : 1353
Bounty : 1
Join date : 2015-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Speaking as a software engineer, I find it difficult to believe that Monster Hunter World would not be able to run on the Switch. Generally speaking, most game today can be easily scaled to accommodate any system, even more so once you take into account that the Switch would only need to render the game at 720p, which would cut the required processing power needed by a third.

With that said, MHXX is another argument altogether.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4234
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Finally back home and I'm worried that I clipped the puppy when I closed the door at my uncle's house and they won't get home for a couple more hours >.>
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5116
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by -Mazer on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Legend hurts puppies?!

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7746
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Lunacy on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Burn the heretic!

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4436
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:26 pm

-Mazer wrote:Legend hurts puppies?!
my aunt, uncle and cousins just got back and they're all fine. *breaths sigh of relief*
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5116
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 pm

*opens a fortune cookie*

*no fortune inside cookie*

Sums up my activities today.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4234
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Lunacy on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:30 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Legend hurts puppies?!
my aunt, uncle and cousins just got back and they're all fine. *breaths sigh of relief*
W-we still get to burn you, right? D:

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4436
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by -Mazer on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:46 pm

I found the Scalper's Zulu's bedroom


_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7746
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Lunacy wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Legend hurts puppies?!
my aunt, uncle and cousins just got back and they're all fine. *breaths sigh of relief*
W-we still get to burn you, right? D:
no burning
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5116
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by -Mazer on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 pm

FREEZE LEGEND!

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7746
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Cybersix on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Douse him with acid!
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3000
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Did you know that water is technically both an Acid and a Base?
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4234
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Lunacy on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 pm

-Mazer wrote:I found the Scalper's Zulu's bedroom

When I grow up, I want to be a scalper too. =D
LegendX48 wrote:
Lunacy wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Legend hurts puppies?!
my aunt, uncle and cousins just got back and they're all fine. *breaths sigh of relief*
W-we still get to burn you, right? D:
no burning
Why? D:
Cybersix wrote:Douse him with acid!
That's technically not burning....
Koenig wrote:Did you know that water is technically both an Acid and a Base?
Indeed, yet....

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4436
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by zulux21 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Koenig wrote:Speaking as a software engineer, I find it difficult to believe that Monster Hunter World would not be able to run on the Switch.  Generally speaking, most game today can be easily scaled to accommodate any system, even more so once you take into account that the Switch would only need to render the game at 720p, which would cut the required processing power needed by a third.

With that said, MHXX is another argument altogether.

as a software engineer you should also easily understand that moving a program from one operating system to another isn't just a magical instantly works thing. that as you do that, even within the same engine, and change scaling you can easily screw up so many things that you never would expect to be screwed up. It's actually a ton of fun to follow some of the detailed localization blogs where all they do is try to insert texts and suddenly things happen like characters get put into big head mode, or the text starts randomly floating away ect lol.

also if i recall right the CPU on the switch really isn't that much weaker than the ps4 (like 30% weaker). it's the GPU and ram that suffer quite a bit with half the ram and like half the GPU performance as well.

-Mazer wrote:I found the Scalper's Zulu's bedroom


I wish. I would buy you all a game on steam if that was true lol.
I don't think I have ever gotten more than 3 of the same item before.
avatar
zulux21

Posts : 1353
Bounty : 1
Join date : 2015-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:34 am

zulux21 wrote:
Koenig wrote:Speaking as a software engineer, I find it difficult to believe that Monster Hunter World would not be able to run on the Switch.  Generally speaking, most game today can be easily scaled to accommodate any system, even more so once you take into account that the Switch would only need to render the game at 720p, which would cut the required processing power needed by a third.

With that said, MHXX is another argument altogether.

as a software engineer you should also easily understand that moving a program from one operating system to another isn't just a magical instantly works thing. that as you do that, even within the same engine, and change scaling you can easily screw up so many things that you never would expect to be screwed up. It's actually a ton of fun to follow some of the detailed localization blogs where all they do is try to insert texts and suddenly things happen like characters get put into big head mode, or the text starts randomly floating away ect lol.

also if i recall right the CPU on the switch really isn't that much weaker than the ps4 (like 30% weaker). it's the GPU and ram that suffer quite a bit with half the ram and like half the GPU performance as well.
True, but in this case MHW is already going multiplatform, being available on not only the PS4, but the X1 and PC. It takes roughly the same effort for each port, so it can not be used as an excuse to justify a non switch version. The GPU is somewhat of a concern, but again something that could be compensated for with the reduced resolution and proper data streaming from the comparatively fast loading speed. Likewise, using the X1 as a base which limits its games to 4G of its 8G of ram, the switch ends up quite comparably with its 4G (3G of usable) ram, which is also a newer branch of DDR4 ram than the Xbox's DDR3 ram. As far as i can tell, it is entirely possible to have the game run on switch, for (relatively) dirt cheap. Based on the information at hand, I suspect that the reason it has not been announced for the Switch is either that

A. Capcom got ahold of the Switch too late into production to have one ready by launch.

B. Sony's rumored anti-Nintendo exclusivity deal is true.

C. Capcom is just being Capcom, and not understanding basic business as usual.

As far as MHXX translation, I do agree that it would likely have some hiccups in the translation phase due to the new fonts (At least on the Switch version, the 3DS version can reused the assets used in MHGenerations); however considering that the game will be completed by august and that the majority of text in the game is limited to single sentences or short paragraphs, it would be even cheaper (and when compared to my previous cost statement, relatively non existent). Honestly, given the vague wording of Capcom's response about MHXX questions, I suspect that they intend to port MHXX after MHW comes out IF the 3DS is still viable by then.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4234
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by LegendX48 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:03 pm

Koenig, just stop >.>

It is not that simple. Switch is a machine with 1/3 the power of a Xbone and that's on a good day. There's the huge gulf between the gpu, 3gb of usable ram down from 5.5gb, lacking cpu power (which, for large open games, is as, if not more, important than raw gpu power), etc. The Switch is not a powerful machine and everyone constantly overestimates what it's capable of when it isn't actually capable of much when it comes to current gen games.

It's a great, strong portable but an overwhelmingly pathetic home console. Modern engine support doesn't mean much when the raw processing power isn't there. Plus, there's the different architecture from PS4/XBO/PC (x86) to Switch (ARM). If Capcom wanted to pour the money and work hours into translating all the instructions, code, and doing PS3 to Wii level watering down, they could, but they're not going to, especially with how they've been hurting for money lately.

It's not happening, now get World on PC like the rest of us for future game nights :p
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5116
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by xXJus10Xx on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:03 pm

MH World on PC is the way to go. All other choices are wrong.
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2605
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum