Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 14 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Koenig wrote:@Mazer:  I finished Assassination Classroom.

I liked it, and although its not beating out some of my favorite shows, it did manage to strike a number of emotional cords that most shows only manage to piss me off while trying to do so (Angel Beats can eat its heart out, AC trumps that overrated claptrap easily).

I have never really had such emotions during an actual Anime series like this. I think Cowboy Bebop's ending was one of them but it was not so wrenching of a feeling. This one just had my be the emotional balls. I also love the fact that there were no background characters. Everyone had a moment in the light and were beautifully fleshed out. The reveal of Korora-Sensai's origins was also fantastic. Very well done.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 14 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Agreed. The only part of the series I tended to dislike was the parts that had other assassins or some such threatening the students in some way; even up to the finale I found those to be the least interesting parts.

By comparison the humor and character moments far outshone the more "serious" moments in the show. The second to last episode was one of the only scenes in anime to pluck my heart strings without making me feel cheated; it was well earned and not contrived.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Koenig wrote:Agreed.  The only part of the series I tended to dislike was the parts that had other assassins or some such threatening the students in some way; even up to the finale I found those to be the least interesting parts.  

By comparison the humor and character moments far outshone the more "serious" moments in the show.  The second to last episode was one of the only scenes in anime to pluck my heart strings without making me feel cheated; it was well earned and not contrived.

I can agree to that to a degree but I Felt a lot of those other assassins helped build the characters and show the growth of the kids. It gave them real dangerous challenges that showcased how well their skills evolved. I loved it when the Main kid (cannot remember how to spell his name) went against the Reaper, acting as if he would be able to take him down only to be instantly beaten down...

I like that a lot. He already was shown to be a powerhouse but he was quickly smacked back into reality by someone even stronger than he.

And I agree 100% about the 2nd to last episode. I had no idea how the show would actually end and I was dreading it...and they nailed it beautifully. Tears were shed.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:58 pm

So...now that I watched a show, will you watch a show with me?    Very Happy

(Still happy to chat about AC though)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:37 am

which one?

And which student was your favorite?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 am

-Mazer wrote:which one?

And which student was your favorite?

Boku No Hero Academia (My Hero Academy). I recommend the dubbed version.

My favorite student was probably Nagisa (blue hair/girlish). Just found him to be a lot more interesting than most of the class, though they all had a lot more character development put into them.

In regards to the 2nd to the last episode, I loved the scene where he was doing roll call. That was the most emotional scene in the entire show, and it earned its place in my heart (When scenes like that happen without earning it, it really pisses me off)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 am

Nagisa was great. I totally ship him and the green haired girl I wanted them together so badly.

I LOVED Karma though. He was a badass and seeing his development was entertaining. Same with the group of bullies. They had some fun growth in their dynamics esp with "Little Brother" ends up joining them

Roll call ripped my heart out. I just lost it esp with the reactions of each character.

I personally like the Valentines episode and seeing how each student flirted with one another. The snipers were especially cute. Thought I wonder who Blondie wanted. She always seemed to lean towards Karma but then she hints at liking Nagisa
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:04 am

I loved the growth of characters in general. It is nice to see actual growth in characters, and not the just a small handful either. Everyone, even the teachers and side characters got plenty of time to shine and grow.

Koro was also a lot of fun (I had to watch the subbed, as his delivery made him even better). I was very sad to see him go.

Also what do you think about watching Hero Acedmia with me?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:52 am

new avatar time

So, work starts next week and school about a week or so after... should I pursue experimenting with adobe animate or give that comic a 2nd try?

Last edited by LegendX48 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 am

. . . Legend has had a Link avatar since GT. This somehow feels wrong. . .
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:03 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Koenig wrote:. . .  Legend has had a Link avatar since GT.  This somehow feels wrong. . .
It's only a little weird.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:28 pm

I BEAT DEATH'S HALLWAY WITHOUT GETTING HIT ONCE! (after 20 times)
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Nice. That hallway gives me PTSD.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:26 pm

So is Mazer down for watching the other show? I want to gush about it with someone Very Happy
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Totally willing. How many episodes is it though?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm

I think I might side-grade my pc after all. My current pc has some small, annoying quirks that are starting to bug me.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Do eet.

@ Koenig

I think I will check out that anime btw. I've seen some of it and it looks really neat.

Also - I need to raise money for my capture card. I am tempted to do a very long play of a game to raise the money for it. Do you think me asking for donations to get the card is greedy?

And:

I GOT NIGHT TRAP SPECIAL EDITION!! ONLY 3000 COPIES MADE AND I GOT ONE!!!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Welp, I believe I've been cut from the game devs of the poison green. The reason being is that my style was a little different than the person who previously worked with them. It does bum me out, but it was a good experience. We are on understandable terms, I got to build up my portfolio, some of my work will still be used for the game as far as I know, and I was compensated for my time and effort.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 pm

^ Sucks that you were laid off but good that you were paid though

-Mazer wrote:Do eet.
I want to, so much, but every time I go look up benchmarks and other info/posts everything points to it being objectively pointless. The only worthwhile thing I can do is another gpu upgrade which I might do.

Though I do seriously need to redo my whole HDD situation.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:58 pm

@ Koenig

I think I will check out that anime btw. I've seen some of it and it looks really neat.

Also - I need to raise money for my capture card. I am tempted to do a very long play of a game to raise the money for it. Do you think me asking for donations to get the card is greedy?

And:

Yay! really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the show and its characters/events. Please let me know when you start watching it.

As for asking for Donations, I don't think its greedy considering your doing it to be able to provide more content. I do recommend being honest and up front about it though with your streaming crowd. Also...Are you able to record via component cables? If so I know just the game to suggest...
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:51 am

smirkytrick wrote:Welp, I believe I've been cut from the game devs of the poison green. The reason being is that my style was a little different than the person who previously worked with them. It does bum me out, but it was a good experience. We are on understandable terms, I got to build up my portfolio, some of my work will still be used for the game as far as I know, and I was compensated for my time and effort.

I am glad you got a good experience out of the whole thing, Smirky ^_^ What sort of things did you learn overall?

Koenig wrote:

@ Koenig

And:

Yay!  really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the show and its characters/events.  Please let me know when you start watching it.

As for asking for Donations, I don't think its greedy considering your doing it to be able to provide more content.  I do recommend being honest and up front about it though with your streaming crowd. Also...Are you able to record via component cables? If so I know just the game to suggest...

I am not Sad Why?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 am

I have a game in mind for the marathon! Very Happy  (Granted its one I have been trying to push off on you for a while, so best that I get that conflict of interest out of the way right now)

Granted I suppose you could probably emulate it on your PC, but that is a whole nother can of worms.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:43 pm

my hero academia is good
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Welp, I believe I've been cut from the game devs of the poison green. The reason being is that my style was a little different than the person who previously worked with them. It does bum me out, but it was a good experience. We are on understandable terms, I got to build up my portfolio, some of my work will still be used for the game as far as I know, and I was compensated for my time and effort.

I am glad you got a good experience out of the whole thing, Smirky ^_^ What sort of things did you learn over all?
I learned about going over scripts, and that there will be a lot of going back and forth when it comes to feedback.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next