Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:51 pm

Koenig wrote:
zulux21 wrote:


obviously some my hero season 1 spoilers as it's from a major fight Razz

but all might's likability is plus ultra.

True.  But no spoilers now! It was also part of the deal that once I watched ass.classroom Mazer would watch Hero Academia  Very Happy

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Disney brought back Star Wars Battlefront 2 online multiplayer

Yay

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:I liked that every character got some development, and that the school setting actually made at least some sense (most high school anime are beyond dumb)

Same here! I mean, there were a LOT of students but each one was given some kind of screen time. Most HS anime usually have the entire class as useless throwaway characters but in this one, everyone was given a role. I loved the snipers working together. They were a lot of fun esp when we discover that they have a small crush on one another.

Did you think that Blond actually had a thing for the main character? I think she mentioned it to Karma.
Not really, or at least I did not notice it.  Who do you mean by main character?  Outside of the blue haired kid (I should remember his name, but ive slept since I watched the show) the show focused on most characters pretty evenly.

For me, the highlight of the show was the late episodes and the focus on Koro-sensei.  It is rare for most anime shows to make an actually likable "Super human (octopus?) character.  Not to mention how said late episodes handled it.

I was a bit wary at first when they showcased how he became what he was, but then it made sense. I really loved both his "Forms" tbh and everything felt pretty well put together. Nothing felt shoe-horned in the least bit.

And it was during the Valentine's Day episode. Blondie girl (the sadist who gets along with Karma) mentions something about how she has a crush on Blue Haired boy (why can't i remember his name *sad face*)

Aye, that seemed more like a parental kind of crush to me, but oh well.  "Bitch" sensei was a beautiful play on words. (Although I wonder how many of the original Japanese market understood that joke?)

Ultimately the show was good, but what really pulled it together for me is that it ended, and did so with finality. (Although I would not mind a more down to earth show where it focused on blue hair kid as a teacher and his interaction with his students) The emotional setting and tone used at the end was also very much earned through the previous 50+ episodes, so it did not piss me off like most other shows that instead make me feel like "HERE IS A SAD ENDING! BE SAD NOW!R NOT WE SMRAT!?.

The ending was perfect. They didn't cheapen it by having some kind of after-credits scene showing an alternative to what happened. They didn't pull some mystical bs. They actually gave a concrete ending. I would also love seeing a mini movie with the Blue Haired main character as a teacher. I felt like he could have such a good storyline. I do wish he got his romantic relationship going tho Sad They were so cute!

And I may or may not support Blue Haired as a girl. Just saying

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7913
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:53 pm

NAGASI! That's his name.



Yes...I support this 10,000%

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7913
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 pm

That's right. I love that they gave him an actually backstory to his girlish looks. Most anime would just go: "FUCKING ROLL WITH IT", but this one actually addressed it, which made it that uch more tangible. Ive said this a thousand times for games, but it holds true for any form of medium; Context can make any story a thousand times better, and without out it even the best *Insert medium here* will fall short.

avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4371
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:22 pm

A Hat in Time is out and it is now surrounded by some controversial jargon. Playtonic removed JonTron from Yooka-Laylee for being a full on racist but gears for breakfast is keeping his stuff in Hat in Time and (to my knowledge) is staying radio silent.

Indie devs with good games, stop hiring white supremacists!! On that note, I don't understand why Jon's got opinions that line up with white, racist as fuck Trump supporters when he himself isn't white, but middle eastern and one of the things that these people hate.

But anywho, looks like I ain't buying/playing a hat in time.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Koenig wrote:That's right.  I love that they gave him an actually backstory to his girlish looks.  Most anime would just go: "FUCKING ROLL WITH IT", but this one actually addressed it, which made it that uch more tangible.  Ive said this a thousand times for games, but it holds true for any form of medium; Context can make any story a thousand times better, and without out it even the best *Insert medium here* will fall short.


His mom was all kinds of f'd up! Holy crap. I am so happy to see him standing up to her and seeing her actually accept it later on.

LegendX48 wrote:A Hat in Time is out and it is now surrounded by some controversial jargon. Playtonic removed JonTron from Yooka-Laylee for being a full on racist but gears for breakfast is keeping his stuff in Hat in Time and (to my knowledge) is staying radio silent.

Indie devs with good games, stop hiring white supremacists!! On that note, I don't understand why Jon's got opinions that line up with white, racist as fuck Trump supporters when he himself isn't white, but middle eastern and one of the things that these people hate.

But anywho, looks like I ain't buying/playing a hat in time.

JonTron is not a full on racist nor is he a supremacist. Seriously - outside his personal political views on immigration and whatnot, has he ever truly shown himself belittling, putting down, or attacking other races? He may have some screwed up views in other people's opinions but I do not consider him "full on racist".

Unless he actually demands lynchings or beatings of other races; let him have his political views. Don't let it ruin the game for you or get you riled up about the company not removing him. Life is too short for small things like this. :)

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7913
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Frankly, I applaud Gears For Breakfast for keeping him, and I am glad that he has a small role in the game.  It was a shallow and petty decision to remove him on Playtonics part, and one that has cost them quite a bit of my respect.  Jhon tron is a far cry from a supremacist; and those who tried to use him as a scape goat, are in my mind, far FAR worse.

@Mazer.  Agreed.  His Mom was nuts, but it really helped the context, and made her improvement in the epilogue much more rewarding. Were there any other portions of the show that stood out to you?

Now that I have watched Ass Ass classroom, are you ready for Hero Academia !? Very Happy
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4371
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 pm

His views on immigration are one thing, but he's said some gross stuff just this year. I mean, jeeze, he's said literally said things about minorities diluting the gene pool and being far more likely to be criminals. That's plain racist.

Playtonic removing him from yooka-laylee was a good move. All gears has to do is put out one of those general "we don't support this person's views" messages but they don't want to. In the meantime, I'll just get my 3d platforming fix elsewhere.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:03 pm

Are you seriously boycotting a hat in time because a side character is voiced by him? So petty.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4371
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:16 pm

I mean, if this was Bill Cosby or someone who was widely respected by the world over only to discover that he hurt so many people - I would agree with you. But JonTron has opinions - ones that he is allowed to have. Are they disagreeable, sure, but boycotting an entire game just because the developers decided not to get involved esp considering he is such a tiny, minuscule part of the game.

Well, that is your right as well, tbh. But I feel their non-judgement of the situation is a good one. Why remind people of the controversy or even take sides? Let people decide with their wallets - which you have the right too.

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7913
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:42 pm

Koenig wrote:Are you seriously boycotting a hat in time because a side character is voiced by him?  So petty.
All I know is I ain't supporting him and that unfortunately means I'm not buying Hat in Time despite wanting it.

-Mazer wrote:I mean, if this was Bill Cosby or someone who was widely respected by the world over only to discover that he hurt so many people - I would agree with you. But JonTron has opinions - ones that he is allowed to have. Are they disagreeable, sure, but boycotting an entire game just because the developers decided not to get involved esp considering he is such a tiny, minuscule part of the game.

Well, that is your right as well, tbh. But I feel their non-judgement of the situation is a good one. Why remind people of the controversy or even take sides? Let people decide with their wallets - which you have the right too.
Despicable opinions. The devs need to put out some kind of message at some point, silence isn't always a good thing.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:48 am

How is buying a Hat in time "Supporting" him? Ill give you a hint, its not. Boycotting the game because he is in such a minor role is like boycotting an ice scream store because they have a flavor you don't like. Boycotting an entire production, company, or the like just because one person (Loosely or otherwise) affiliated with them has opinions you disagree with is childish and petty. People can watch and enjoy a movie even if they dislike the actors or cameos in it, how much less of a problem should it be for someone to play a game where a nameless NPC is simply voiced by someone you dislike?

Likewise if you are waiting for a message from them to denounce him, that is similarly trivial; what do they have to denounce or apologies for? Does a Hat in Time contain long running political rant? or Does it marginalize or injury anyone? Again, the answer is no. Having a Easter-egg voice actor does nothing to harm the game nor anyone else, and demanding they give one is beyond stupid.

Boycotting the entire game out of some self righteous disagreement with an actor is the same infantile mindset that drives much of the pointless conflict on this planet; and the entire human race would be far better off when people grow up and realize that.
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4371
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:07 pm

I disagree with pretty much all of that and waiting for some type of message isn't trivial. Not standing up against his views doesn't paint them in a positive light. Looking into it a little more I found a post from one of the guys that worked on the game:

valen wrote:You can find many search results about the game that mention my name. Just search for:
"a hat in time" "peter valencia"

This is my art portfolio, showing off just a few of the many assets I made for the game.
http://dropr.com/pvalencia/90246/a_h...me/+?p=1175265

I was the only one on the team who had the skills to create Snatcher in 3D. Snatcher was originally just a 2D sprite that was overlayed on the environment, but because of certain cutscenes he later had to be evolved into a full 3D animated mesh. However, this required shape key (also known as morph target) animation, something no one else on the team at the time knew how to do. I also created the pillow pile (the one you can "swim" in) in Hat Kid's spaceship, using a physics simulation. None of my colleagues knew how to do that either.

Yet despite all that, the company remained quiet after JonTron called people like me lazy welfare thieves that should be kept out of the gene pool. Not even a measly tweet saying they disagree with him.

Regardless of how much money they end up making, they're going to have to live with the consequences of this for years to come. They've now established an audience firmly within neo-Nazi and alt-right circles, and they'll have to constantly avoid offending that crowd in the future to stay in business. Best of luck with that, Gears for Breakfast.

Not a single dude from the team even standing up for him is disappointing. They're staying dead silent and that's horrible right now. Either way, I'm not buying, period.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:17 pm

The Cat Lady is nuts :O

Thanks for joining me Legend. I hope you watch tomorrow also!

_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7913
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:12 pm

tempted to grab stardew valley on switch
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 pm

@Mazer You ready for Hero Academy ? Very Happy
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4371
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by zulux21 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:31 am

Koenig wrote:@Mazer You ready for Hero Academy ? Very Happy

should give some battle music


as it's hard to not get hyped hearing that.
avatar
zulux21

Posts : 1432
Bounty : 1
Join date : 2015-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 am

*IS hyped*
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4371
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Cybersix on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 am

LegendX48 wrote:
Indie devs with good games, stop hiring white supremacists!!
An Iranian white supremacist, that's a new one.
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3017
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Cybersix wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
Indie devs with good games, stop hiring white supremacists!!
An Iranian white supremacist, that's a new one.
it's a confusing one is what it is. Dude's got opinions that plant him in that camp.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:35 pm


_________________
avatar
-Mazer
Admin

Posts : 7913
Bounty : 41
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 34

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Must do Inktober drawing but want to play Stardew valley >.>
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by smirkytrick on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:18 pm

You do realize that the Hat In Time Crew already paid Jontron for his voice right? The money you use to buy the game will not go to Jontron. He is not getting any royalties.
avatar
smirkytrick

Posts : 2159
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:42 pm

I'm not buying Hat in Time. Period.
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5231
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by smirkytrick on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:41 am

LegendX48 wrote:I'm not buying Hat in Time. Period.
First off, don't talk about periods, that's gross. Second, you're missing out on this, it's really fun and cute. And you admitted you do want it. Why not get it?
avatar
smirkytrick

Posts : 2159
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by TensePsychopath on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am

Koenig wrote:How is buying a Hat in time "Supporting" him?  Ill give you a hint, its not.  Boycotting the game because he is in such a minor role is like boycotting an ice scream store because they have a flavor you don't like.   Boycotting an entire production, company, or the like just because one person (Loosely or otherwise) affiliated with them has opinions you disagree with is childish and petty.  People can watch and enjoy a movie even if they dislike the actors or cameos in it, how much less of a problem should it be for someone to play a game where a nameless NPC is simply voiced by someone you dislike?

Likewise if you are waiting for a message from them to denounce him, that is similarly trivial;  what do they have to denounce or apologies for?  Does a Hat in Time contain long running political rant? or Does it marginalize or injury anyone? Again, the answer is no.  Having a Easter-egg voice actor does nothing to harm the game nor anyone else, and demanding they give one is beyond stupid.

Boycotting the entire game out of some self righteous disagreement with an actor is the same infantile mindset that drives much of the pointless conflict on this planet; and the entire human race would be far better off when people grow up and realize that.

All of this. You da man, Koenig. Wink

Also, just beat Cuphead. Great game with fantastic animation and bosses!

_________________
avatar
TensePsychopath

Posts : 1508
Bounty : 12
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum