Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 37 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Koenig wrote:So its official, I have died to platforming more than I have the demons of hell in Doom.   Doomguy takes the idea of grabbing the ledge I am facing while jumping over a bottomless pit as more of a general suggestion than any form of consistent game mechanic.

I've only died maybe 12 times and minus 3 being my fault, most were from Demons. I'm playing on PC though. God the game is so good.

Also guys: Gonna play more bioshock soon!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 37 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Koenig wrote:So its official, I have died to platforming more than I have the demons of hell in Doom.   Doomguy takes the idea of grabbing the ledge I am facing while jumping over a bottomless pit as more of a general suggestion than any form of consistent game mechanic.

I've only died maybe 12 times and minus 3 being my fault, most were from Demons. I'm playing on PC though. God the game is so good.

Also guys: Gonna play more bioshock soon!

https://www.twitch.tv/videowolff
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:55 pm

I am sad that Doom for Switch does not have Gyroscope controls; as awkward as they are, they are still infinitely better than the usual Dual Analogue settup that the game uses.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 am

I don't know why this exists but I like it.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:24 am

Juxtaposition can be a powerful thing, especially with nerds like us. I love that video.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:09 am

Koenig wrote:I am sad that Doom for Switch does not have Gyroscope controls; as awkward as they are, they are still infinitely better than the usual Dual Analogue settup that the game uses.

I can partially agree to this. At least in an FPS, like in Prime 3, the controls help a lot. I do want myself wanting some gyro controls since the WiiU had them for moments in Odyssey like when you shoot from the tanks ya know?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Man, Battlefront 2 sounds like such a disappointment. I really wanted it to be good. I still want to play it (mostly the space battles, since that's all I liked in the beta), but I can't stomach giving EA my monies for it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Apparently EA caved and drastically lowered the amount of credits needed to get the heroes. What they are not telling people is that they also drastically lowered the amount of credits you earn during playing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7cqidz/ea_cutting_battlefront_ii_heroes_unlock_costs_by/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/13/wheres-our-star-wars-battlefront-ii-review.aspx?utm_content=buffer3929d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Yeah, I've been seeing all that. My take, why the fuck lock the characters to begin with? There are a ton of unlockables already. I'm tired of their bullshit.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Star Wars is pretty much the only franchise that EA has that people care about, and even then, eventually that franchise is going to inevitably go to someone else, and as soon as that happens EA is going to lose their investors. Game Developers are just now catching onto the fact that signing with EA is pretty much a death warrant for their company. People are eventually going to avoid EA like the plague.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 pm

I'd love to believe that, but their sales say otherwise. I am still really angry at Disney for making an exclusive contract with EA. That was so fucking stupid.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 pm

EA wasn't the first to get Disney's exclusive contract. Keep in mind, companies like Capcom also had Exclusive, and look how they ended up. Disney ditched them and went with someone else.

Also, if you're talking about their COD franchise, I feel like it might be on its last legs. I may be ignorant here, but I hardly see any advertisements for a COD game nowadays, at least not on the large epic scale that it once had.

or if you were talking about the sports games then.... well actually I can't argue with you there, they actually do sell well because of their target audience... you know I just now realized, if it weren't for the NFL and Disney, EA would be out of business.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Star Wars is pretty much the only franchise that EA has that people care about, and even then, eventually that franchise is going to inevitably go to someone else, and as soon as that happens EA is going to lose their investors. Game Developers are just now catching onto the fact that signing with EA is pretty much a death warrant for their company. People are eventually going to avoid EA like the plague.
I must be looking at the wrong EA company.

Last I checked Fifa was stupid popular in general and easily tops the sales of zelda breath of the wild or Mario Odyssey. (fifa 2017 in the UK alone sold over 1.1 mil in the first week)
Madden was still pretty popular. (can't find actual sales numbers but was the top selling game in august)
Battlefield was still a multimillion seller (can't find solid numbers but at least 800k people were playing it at the same time launch week for battlefield 1)
Anthem was one of the most watched games from E3 and won a ton of most anticipated game awards
Need for Speed has a decent following
and the sims still had a surprisingly large following despite everyone logically should have been tired of it over a decade ago.

but yeah sure EA has no franchises Razz
that isn't even to mention franchises like Mass effect, dragon age, and titanfall that still have plenty of fans, just aren't huge series for them anymore.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 am

What makes me sad is that BFII looks absolutely amazing and I personally find their commercial (the boy being rebel, the girl being imperial) to be downtright adorable. But, EA is a plague and they destroy everything they touch.

Sims 4 had a ton of original content excluded at launch
Sim City had tiny maps and server issues
BurnOut is dead and their staff is being wasted on Need for Speed games.
And now Star Wars

*depressed
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:06 am

I am sad that EA bought Respawn. I suspect their games are going to suffer heavily from the buyout.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:07 am

-Mazer wrote:What makes me sad is that BFII looks absolutely amazing and I personally find their commercial (the boy being rebel, the girl being imperial) to be downtright adorable. But, EA is a plague and they destroy everything they touch.

Sims 4 had a ton of original content excluded at launch
Sim City had tiny maps and server issues
BurnOut is dead and their staff is being wasted on Need for Speed games.
And now Star Wars

*depressed

I will note, I never said EA isn't a garbage publisher, with horrible business practices.
I was just being clear, they still have plenty of things people care about besides star wars Razz

I personally don't really buy any EA games unless they are like $5 lol.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 am

I thought EA stopped doing Need For Speed games recently. I think I heard about the development team having issues with EA and just stopped working for them... Or maybe I'm thinking of Project Cars?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 am

smirkytrick wrote:I thought EA stopped doing Need For Speed games recently. I think I heard about the development team having issues with EA and just stopped working for them... Or maybe I'm thinking of Project Cars?

given a need for speed game came out a few days ago, I have to imagine that at that EA isn't done with it.

a company called ghost games (a fully owned EA branch) has been making the games since 2013
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:43 am

zulux21 wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:I thought EA stopped doing Need For Speed games recently. I think I heard about the development team having issues with EA and just stopped working for them... Or maybe I'm thinking of Project Cars?

given a need for speed game came out a few days ago, I have to imagine that at that EA isn't done with it.

a company called ghost games (a fully owned EA branch) has been making the games since 2013
okay, it was probably the Project Cars guys then
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:21 pm

I am so excited for Justice League! It really looks like they will be following the storyline of JL: WAR except with SteppenWolf instead of Darkseid
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 pm

that EA bullshit was heavily calculated.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Of course it was. They are many things but they are not stupid. I am sure they had this fix already prepped just in case of this event. They wanted to see how far they can push consumers and the moment the backlash hit they act like they are listening to what the fans want when in fact it was all in the plan to begin with.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 pm

I want the game for the campaign but buying it will likely tell them that this bullshit is acceptable. Then again, this game's gonna make insane money regardless
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I want the game for the campaign but buying it will likely tell them that this bullshit is acceptable. Then again, this game's gonna make insane money regardless
Campaign and space battles is all I would like it for, but I'm not going near it. It is a shame that it's gonna make a ton of money anyhow. :/
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:14 am

say what you want. The commercial is so damn cute! I ship the girl trooper and boy rebel hardcore.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next