Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Koenig on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:Hey loom, did you ever watch Tiger & Bunny or Blood Blockade?   I just finished the former and started watching the latter.

I've watched the first season of BBB, gonna catch up on the second season soon. I watched the first season in dub, I actually prefer the dub for this show.

And I have not watched Tiger and Bunny yet. I really want to though! I hear it's great.
I too prefer the Dubbed version of BBB. It is just done so well, and it also fits the "New York" theme of the location. So far I have been enjoying the second season more than the first; individual episodes in this show just seem to work much better than the over arching plot that the latter half of the first season focused on.

As for Tiger & Bunny, I definitely recommend it when you get the chance. Both seasons are on Netflix right now.

ColumbianLoom wrote:And have you guys heard about this recent Sonic Forces controversy? Kind of interesting:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/15/16657156/sonic-forces-refund-steam-twitch

I think it was pretty low what that guy did. Not only did he lie about the reason for the refund and abuse Steam's refund policy, he profited from the stream. I'm glad he's getting flack for this!
The fact that he lied about the game for the refund is what urks me; however I can completely understand someone (even a streamer) wanted to refund that game. It simply is not worth the price they are charging for it.
Koenig

Bounty : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Welp, the window for an apology has closed and today did not go as intended at all at work. The plan was a field trip to USC but the school district dropped the ball, HARD, and, after an hour of waiting, the trip was canceled.

And now, this:

Oh fuck... God damn it.

I might have to miss the Spring semester.
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Talk to someone Legend! There has to be some office or number you can call.

Btw: Justice League was the tits. I loved it.

Bounty : 41

View user profile http://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm

I have. I've done what I can on this end. All that's left now is just hoping for good luck.
LegendX48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:08 pm

I swear college must have changed since I went.

*slaps Cyber before he can make an old man joke*

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 pm

I know the most colleges have become increasingly bureaucratic in structure, which is a shame.
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Admittedly, I should have actually looked into it back in August so I put myself in this situation. Still, it sucks.

Anywho, finally got my gear shifter for my wheel and it's so cool but, man, I seriously need a dedicated wheel stand or something.
LegendX48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:17 am

I really have to wonder about people. Those saying that Justice League is the worst movie of the year, an "incoherent mess", and "always distracted by superman's lip" has me thinking if they are just trying to hard to dislike something. The fact I also seeing people wanting RAMPAGE to have better scores than JL just cements that point.

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:22 am

hmmm should I buy https://www.humblebundle.com/store/monster-monpiece
for science reasons >.> Razz
zulux21

Bounty : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:15 am

From what I can tell, Justice league is merely forgettable, but not bad. Still need to see it myself though, but I have no motivation to.
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 am

Koenig wrote:From what I can tell, Justice league is merely forgettable, but not bad.  Still need to see it myself though, but I have no motivation to.

It is extremely boring and I've already forgotten most of it the morning after. For a superhero movie I'd say that's pretty bad.

Bounty : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:40 pm

I have no clue what you two are talking about. I loved it more than Avengers that's for damn sure. Didn't give me that whole "we're a team but we hate each other and we lose and someone dies and then we bind together because reasons" bull crap.

I felt they acted like a team better than in Avengers, I am SO HAPPY the jokes were kept really low because I am SICK of Marvel acting like a silly comedy these days. Flash was precious and I loved B and WW's talks plus seeing Batman stuck in the middle of this world where he is the most vulnerable.

Seeing it again tomorrow morning and probably again tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Justice League is basically an apology for the raging shitstorm of pure wretched garbage that is BvS. It has some issues like the first quarter (or third) feeling disjointed and weirdly stitched together and a bad villain, even for Marvel, that is literally there to be punched and nothing more. Everyone teaming up super quickly is the type of thing that'd be a double-edged sword but, all things considered, it worked. There's also the rather disrespectful camera angles (that may likely have been all Whedon) that were brought up by a few tweets with the camera focusing on Gal Gadot's butt in one shot and looking up her skirt in another. The "land in woman's cleavage" gag was dumb and not needed either.

The whole 2nd half of the movie is good though. It's actually kind of funny that the only thing WB really needed to do was get rid of Snyder and we finally got respectful portrayals of these characters in spite of this still being his baby.
LegendX48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Although I disagree with Mazer for the most part, I do agree about the marvel movies becoming pure comedy lately; I love myself a good comedy (And Thor 3 is one of the best I have seen) but I also want some steaks and seriousness. It is a shared universe, and some movies shouldn't have to saccrifice themselves on the alter of comedy. I really hope that Infinity war ends up taking itself (mostly) seriously; we have had plenty of laughs, its time pull out an epic finale to cap what we have been building up to for over a decade. After that, I would not mind a bit more laughter again.
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Infinity War is being done by the Russo brothers (Winter Soldier, Civil War) so it's in good hands. Other than that, yeah, not digging what Marvel's been chasing lately. I want more Logan, not Dumb and Dumber.
LegendX48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 pm

For what its worth though, I still enjoy their movies, they are just starting to blend together. Thor Ragnorock is the most fun I have had at a movie theatre in years, I just don't want every movie to end up like that.
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 am

Koenig wrote:Although I disagree with Mazer for the most part, I do agree about the marvel movies becoming pure comedy lately; I love myself a good comedy (And Thor 3 is one of the best I have seen) but I also want some steaks and seriousness.  It is a shared universe, and some movies shouldn't have to saccrifice themselves on the alter of comedy.  I really hope that Infinity war ends up taking itself (mostly) seriously; we have had plenty of laughs, its time pull out an epic finale to cap what we have been building up to for over a decade.  After that, I would not mind a bit more laughter again.

Well, this is also why we have the Defenders, it's nice to have that darker and more street-level side.

Also I think it's fair to say that Tony Stark is going to die a glorious death in Infinity War since this seems to Downey's last hurrah. And since we're on the topic: MCU > DCEU any day of the week! DCEU is a fucking mess and has no consistency in tone. MCU is more light hearted for sure, but it works and they do a good job with the softer tone. Plus Fox is taking X-Men in a more R-rated direction which is awesome, so it seems like I'll be getting my darker superhero itch from them. Logan was hands down phenomenal.

Also I see you online, you wanna play some league battle on Splatoon?
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:51 am

LegendX48 wrote:Justice League is basically an apology for the raging shitstorm of pure wretched garbage that is BvS. It has some issues like the first quarter (or third) feeling disjointed and weirdly stitched together and a bad villain, even for Marvel, that is literally there to be punched and nothing more. Everyone teaming up super quickly is the type of thing that'd be a double-edged sword but, all things considered, it worked. There's also the rather disrespectful camera angles (that may likely have been all Whedon) that were brought up by a few tweets with the camera focusing on Gal Gadot's butt in one shot and looking up her skirt in another. The "land in woman's cleavage" gag was dumb and not needed either.

The whole 2nd half of the movie is good though. It's actually kind of funny that the only thing WB really needed to do was get rid of Snyder and we finally got respectful portrayals of these characters in spite of this still being his baby.

I never once noticed the camera focusing on her butt or up her skirt. Like...at all. And who cares if the villain is 1-dimension. Seriously have you never seen Justice League: WAR? Darksied in the movie is 1 note also. Hell, this is almost exactly like JL: War. We don't always need super complicated bad-guys. We just need a purpose for the good guys to get together that is feasible. And this villain was perfect. And plus it would have been a huge waste if any other villain was used because of the point of the movie.

Hands down i loved this more than Avengers. Mostly because I didn't need 50 movies to get to the damn point, I didn't need 3 and a half hours of useless "heroes introduced. Heroes hate each other. Heroes fail. Someone dies. Heroes become stronger Heroes. Big bad action scene with zero stakes" that ALL marvel movies are these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:57 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:Although I disagree with Mazer for the most part, I do agree about the marvel movies becoming pure comedy lately; I love myself a good comedy (And Thor 3 is one of the best I have seen) but I also want some steaks and seriousness.  It is a shared universe, and some movies shouldn't have to saccrifice themselves on the alter of comedy.  I really hope that Infinity war ends up taking itself (mostly) seriously; we have had plenty of laughs, its time pull out an epic finale to cap what we have been building up to for over a decade.  After that, I would not mind a bit more laughter again.

Well, this is also why we have the Defenders, it's nice to have that darker and more street-level side.

Also I think it's fair to say that Tony Stark is going to die a glorious death in Infinity War since this seems to Downey's last hurrah. And since we're on the topic: MCU > DCEU any day of the week! DCEU is a fucking mess and has no consistency in tone. MCU is more light hearted for sure, but it works and they do a good job with the softer tone. Plus Fox is taking X-Men in a more R-rated direction which is awesome, so it seems like I'll be getting my darker superhero itch from them. Logan was hands down phenomenal.

But Defenders is their TV series. I don't care about their TV series. I care about the movies I've invested so many damn years in watching. They are ALL the same now. Dr. Strange is almost a carbon copy of Iron Man. I am also SO SICK of these "chapter" films.

Oh look, something happened. After credits scene introduces ANOTHER goodguy/villain that we get NOTHING about until 3 movies later.

Oh look, a movie who doesn't have an actual ending because it is ANOTHER lead into ANOTHER movie.

At least with the MCUE (whose tone has been very consistent. I don't know what isn't consistent about it minus Suicide Squad. They've all been with a very serious tone in all their movies) each movie can be considered a Start-to-Finish movie. Even BvS with it's open ending, can still be it's own film and left alone. They tie in but in a way where if they all stop, the movie itself had an actual conclusion and can be a standalone film.

MCU - they are all chapters and because of this,I know NOTHING is EVER at stake and Guardians 2 was the final nail in the coffin. Seeing literally over 400 ships attacking the Guardian's ship and they ALL HIT THE GUARDIAN'S SHIP...but NOTHING HAPPENED....ruined the mood. Esp seeing Drax literally being smashed through hundreds of trees at the speed of sound and not having a SINGLE INJURY.

They have gone full cartoon and I'm tired of them. They're refusal to ever have serious moments or even downtime to give us actual tension and drama has killed my enjoyment of their films Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:11 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:

Sorry, I did not see your message earlier. Do you have my contact info? If so it would be best to use that so we can get a few rounds going once in a while.
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:05 pm

-Mazer wrote:I never once noticed the camera focusing on her butt or up her skirt. Like...at all. And who cares if the villain is 1-dimension. Seriously have you never seen Justice League: WAR? Darksied in the movie is 1 note also. Hell, this is almost exactly like JL: War. We don't always need super complicated bad-guys. We just need a purpose for the good guys to get together that is feasible. And this villain was perfect. And plus it would have been a huge waste if any other villain was used because of the point of the movie.  

Hands down i loved this more than Avengers. Mostly because I didn't need 50 movies to get to the damn point, I didn't need 3 and a half hours of useless "heroes introduced. Heroes hate each other. Heroes fail. Someone dies. Heroes become stronger Heroes. Big bad action scene with zero stakes" that ALL marvel movies are these days.
When Bruce comes back on the plane with Barry the camera angle is low and puts Gadot's butt in focus. The upskirt one is from a distance when Cyborg is using the Nightcrawler to climb back up. Both shots didn't need to have those low angles and could easily have been done from different angles without changing anything. Someone really wanted to get Gadot's butt in the shot or look up the wonder woman skirt. These are things that wouldn't fly in WW.

That aside, just because JL: War had a shit villain doesn't mean it's okay to have a shit villain. Steppenwolf could have literally been anyone really strong and it would have made no difference. He's as bad as the worst the MCU has to offer, maybe even a little worse.
LegendX48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Random thought that everyone tends to hate me for: I liked Superman Returns infinitely more than Man of Steel.
Koenig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:21 pm

I saw the movie a 2nd time and I swear to the gods that I did not see these shots you are talking about. Of course this is before I read your post but I still never noticed anything like what you described. I think you may be looking too hard?

And what makes Step a bad villain? Seriously not ever villain needs a ridiculously amount of backstory, purpose, or even massive character developement. He is evil. He has a plan. He executes the plan. Period. What makes him "bad"?

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Koenig wrote:Random thought that everyone tends to hate me for:  I liked Superman Returns infinitely more than Man of Steel.

Explain? No one has ever actually told me why MoS is supposedly bad. As someone who hates mostly everything superman, it was probably one of the best versioms of his character.

My only issue is Kyrpton never sending others off planet to save them. Idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:15 pm

The butt shot is pretty obvious. Gadot takes up the left side of the frame as Bruce and Barry hop off the plane just before Barry notices the bat signal. It's like, why? The shot easily could have been from her shoulders or from Bruce and Barry's perspective. The upskirt one is less obvious but not hidden. It's when they hop on the nightcrawler as it's climbing back up.
LegendX48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next