Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 40 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 pm

I dunno man...i honestly did not see either of those at all. I was focused on the scenes instead of where the camera was aimming. I will see it again tho so I will look but I think this is exaggerated? But i dunno until I actively look for it
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 40 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by LegendX48 Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 pm

-Mazer wrote:I dunno man...i honestly did not see either of those at all. I was focused on the scenes instead of where the camera was aimming. I will see it again tho so I will look but I think this is exaggerated? But i dunno until I actively look for it
the butt shot you absolutely don't have to look for. Gadot's butt literally takes up 25% of the frame iirc. The upskirt one is harder to notice but it's there for sure. It's the scene when Barry notices the bat signal after stepping down from the plane with Bruce.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:08 am

in for day 1
Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 40 DPC4ybeUMAANkLR
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 am

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:Random thought that everyone tends to hate me for:  I liked Superman Returns infinitely more than Man of Steel.

Explain? No one has ever actually told me why MoS is supposedly bad. As someone who hates mostly everything superman, it was probably one of the best versioms of his character.

That probably explains why you liked it right there. MoS basically gave the middle finger to the established lore, themes and conventions of the series; so if you did like Super Man, MoS was not the movie for you. However if you didn't, or were completely indifferent, it was one of the better MCU films.

As a fan of Super Man myself, I hated what the movie did and how it did it. It left a very bitter taste in my mouth, one that BVS used as a jumping off point for its story (Which was actually a smart move on its part, except it only made me more upset with it for the reasons listed above)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 am

Just got back from Justice League. It was alright, but it still had similar problems that BvS had. I'll get to that in a sec.

-Mazer wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:
Koenig wrote:Although I disagree with Mazer for the most part, I do agree about the marvel movies becoming pure comedy lately; I love myself a good comedy (And Thor 3 is one of the best I have seen) but I also want some steaks and seriousness.  It is a shared universe, and some movies shouldn't have to saccrifice themselves on the alter of comedy.  I really hope that Infinity war ends up taking itself (mostly) seriously; we have had plenty of laughs, its time pull out an epic finale to cap what we have been building up to for over a decade.  After that, I would not mind a bit more laughter again.

Well, this is also why we have the Defenders, it's nice to have that darker and more street-level side.

Also I think it's fair to say that Tony Stark is going to die a glorious death in Infinity War since this seems to Downey's last hurrah. And since we're on the topic: MCU > DCEU any day of the week! DCEU is a fucking mess and has no consistency in tone. MCU is more light hearted for sure, but it works and they do a good job with the softer tone. Plus Fox is taking X-Men in a more R-rated direction which is awesome, so it seems like I'll be getting my darker superhero itch from them. Logan was hands down phenomenal.

Also I see you online, you wanna play some league battle on Splatoon?

But Defenders is their TV series. I don't care about their TV series. I care about the movies I've invested so many damn years in watching. They are ALL the same now. Dr. Strange is almost a carbon copy of Iron Man. I am also SO SICK of these "chapter" films.

Oh look, something happened. After credits scene introduces ANOTHER goodguy/villain that we get NOTHING about until 3 movies later.

Oh look, a movie who doesn't have an actual ending because it is ANOTHER lead into ANOTHER movie.

At least with the MCUE (whose tone has been very consistent. I don't know what isn't consistent about it minus Suicide Squad. They've all been with a very serious tone in all their movies) each movie can be considered a Start-to-Finish movie. Even BvS with it's open ending, can still be it's own film and left alone. They tie in but in a way where if they all stop, the movie itself had an actual conclusion and can be a standalone film.

MCU - they are all chapters and because of this,I know NOTHING is EVER at stake and Guardians 2 was the final nail in the coffin. Seeing literally over 400 ships attacking the Guardian's ship and they ALL HIT THE GUARDIAN'S SHIP...but NOTHING HAPPENED....ruined the mood. Esp seeing Drax literally being smashed through hundreds of trees at the speed of sound and not having a SINGLE INJURY.

They have gone full cartoon and I'm tired of them. They're refusal to ever have serious moments or even downtime to give us actual tension and drama has killed my enjoyment of their films Sad

But the TV series are interconnected as well and give a different flavor that you'd never see on screen! Anyways, we'll focus on the movies.

See, I'm the complete opposite. I like the chapter films since it fleshes out the characters and the universe more. Everything is connected and everything is leads up to something. All the chapter films let us get to know the characters and it gives them a reason to have everyone be together. Justice League and BvS throw everyone together so fast that it doesn't really make any sense and everyone just suddenly starts to fight together. I would have liked films for each character so I got to know them better, in Justice League the only ones you really know are Wonder Woman and Superman, that's it. Batman is batman, Flash is the funny guy, Cyborg is kind of there (seriously, Cyborg of all the people they could have picked from DC? Idk, maybe that's just me), Aquaman is the macho guy. There's this big history that was throw onto us about the cubes and then everyone kind of just comes together with really no questions asked. We really didn't know much about them or why to care about them. MCU gave each character a time to shine and we know who they are before the Avengers, which makes their assembling much more awesome because we get to see all those different personalities link up.

Justice League felt like it came too soon, same with BvS to be honest. Like killing Superman right away? It totally takes away the impact of his death especially because we knew from the end that he was just gonna be resurrected! And Mazer, every superhero movie has a little bit of plot shield for like all the heroes. You think DCEU is any different? C'mon! No one is gonna die, but it's not what these movies are about. It's about how the superheroes grow and how each situation tests them in different ways, this ain't Logan! But as actors get tired of their roles, there will be deaths. Infinity War will no doubt kill off some heroes, like Iron Man, which will be sad since audiences have grown to love those characters for years. Unlike killing off Superman in the second film and then immediately having him come back to life!

DCEU so far just doesn't feel right. The tone tries to be serious, but it feels disjointed and too try hard, that's why it felt inconsistent to me because it felt like it wasn't comfortable in its own skin. Wonder Woman I felt like nailed the tone great, MoS and BvS just felt bland and tasteless while trying to be dark. But it wasn't really dark and gritty, it just tried to seem like it was. The Dark Knight Trilogy was dark and gritty and it didn't even need a R-rating, MoS and BvS was nowhere even close to matching that. Like I said before, it felt try hard. That's why JL had some reshoots because they wanted to inject more comedy which honestly, was a something the film needed and I liked those lighthearted moments, if it didn't have those it would have just felt so dry.

MCU films at least take themselves a little less seriously with a lighter note and don't try to be something it's not. And they've just been getting better and better over the years. DCEU is not doing well critically and fans aren't too pleased which is why Warner Bros. is stepping away from the DCEU and is gonna do more stand alone DC films! Those chapter films you don't like are about to be the new norm for DC, so buckle up! Cool (and worst yet, they won't be connected, which means the DCEU is missing out on a lot of content...)
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/29/16387706/wonder-woman-batman-dc-expanded-cinematic-universe-warner-bros-standalone
And financially, they're definitely not doing as well as Marvel:
https://www.avclub.com/justice-league-had-the-dceus-worst-u-s-opening-weekend-1820588207

Marvel is doing something right I'd say, unlike DC unfortunately. Wonder Woman was their golden child and they're going to try to capitalize on that success. Zack Synder, who I think had good intentions and god bless the man (I feel so bad for his kid!), just really fucked the DCEU. It's already on life support and it's only had like 4 films. WB should have taken more time to plan it out and get the right people to be a creative guide, it would have benefited them much more in the long run.

Koenig wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:

Also I see you online, you wanna play some league battle on Splatoon?
Sorry, I did not see your message earlier.  Do you have my contact info?  If so it would be best to use that so we can get a few rounds going once in a while.

I'll message you :)

LegendX48 wrote:The butt shot is pretty obvious. Gadot takes up the left side of the frame as Bruce and Barry hop off the plane just before Barry notices the bat signal. It's like, why? The shot easily could have been from her shoulders or from Bruce and Barry's perspective. The upskirt one is less obvious but not hidden. It's when they hop on the nightcrawler as it's climbing back up.

I can confirm the butt shots and the up the skirt shots. I definitely noticed them, but honestly, who gives a fuck. There was butt shots for the guys as well. Gal Gadot has a nice ass and it should be celebrated. What are we, a bunch fucking puritans? It wasn't even for that long and the Flash falling her was funny. I didn't see the problem.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:11 am

I will continue the debate but I am in the car (passenger) so will this point real fast since it is the one that stands out the most.

I know no one in DC will die but the fact is the characters are still getting their asses wrecked and we aee the toll it takes. Batman is the biggest example of this in Justice League as he obviously is shown having the biggest problem in handling non human enemies. He shows pain. He shows weakness and he knows his mortality and they take a good amount of time showing this.

But Marvel does NOTHING like this. Not lately that is. I dont care about plot shields. What i care about is seeing characters put in MASSIVE situations where they SHOILD die, but dont.

In Guardians 2. That golden species had hundreds upon hundreds of ships hitting the Guardian's ship. They hit it over and over and over and they did not even so much as flinch.

In Star wars, we see the damage inside the ship. Fires occur. The ship short circuits. Their engines fail. They are in danger. We KNOW they wont die but they ACT like they will die.

But MCU never gives that illusion. Their huge shift towards non stop comedy is ruining their movies for me.

We see DRAX being struck by hundreds of trees at super sonic speed and he is not scratched ir even bruised. Are you serious? After seeing that, why should we ever believe ANYTHING that is a threat to iur cast?

And lets talk about tone. StarLord shoots you know. HUGE BADASS MOMENT ruined by a David hasslehoff cameo.

Blue girl describes in huge detail how she hates her father. Make sure to crack a joke.

Massive epic battle? Lets add Pac Man, do another overly long Groot being a dumb ass joke, and throw in a disney reference for good measure.

And dont forget making new characters in oost credits to set up another 5 chapters to a series thst is already about 20 movies long.

Dr strange was the same way. Make sure to keep throwing humor at the audience to avoid any true emotional moments. Play pop music and have a monk dancing. And lets throw in another surprise villain to add to the overly long franchise.

I love marvel movies. Iron Man, America, both Thor movies...but its just constant jokes now and showing zero consequences of actions.

Civil War was awesome battle wise but when War Machine took a laser to the chest and fell LITERAL MILES into the earth and was WALKING at the end of the movie with not even a damn scar....

That kills it for me.

No Marvel character actually showcases their mortality (minus Tony Stark who is the best thing of the entire series).

Marvel pitting their characters at impossible odds and showing there is zero consequence has destroyed my suspension of disbelief and its why I am no longer watching them.

Dr. Strange became an iron man clone and guardians 2 was a non stop joke a thon. Those 2 failing to actually entertain me has killer the mcu for me now. Inam just bored of it.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 am

I also like to point out that I loved how the JL avtually felt like a team. They coordinated constantly w one another. They discussed options amd debated. They kept making sure everyone's strengths were being utilized and communicating throughout their fights. Loved that. That was classic JL actiom right there.

Also I agree w you Loom about Diana's butt. They had about 3 slow motion scenes showcasing Aquaman topless and that is jot sexualizing him but a very brief shot of her fully armored butt is blasphemy?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:53 am

It ain't an armored butt shot, it's in leather pants. Equal opportunity booty is good for all though. Aquaman in general kinda spent most of his time topless but is that sexualization or objectification, or neither? Bleh, I'm tired of this topic, I was just bringing up some stuff from Grace Randolph's twitter.

Unrelated, ordered a racing wheel stand from ebay (looked like it was a reseller at that) and they've sent me a message basically going "woops! we don't have any of that in stock, how about we cancel?" Ugh, I don't wanna spend $200 on a frame but I guess I have to ;_;
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 am

Racing Wheel Stand? Like for gaming?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:40 am

Yeah. It looks like this:
Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 40 Drawing%201-700x700
just mount the racing wheel, pedals and shifter onto it. I can leave everything attached and ready at all times and it folds up.

I'd ordered something from a seller based in china apparently. Right now I'm a bit worried that I may not get a refund but I'll have to wait until like 1am for a response. Next time I need to just eat the high cost for an official one through their main website or on amazon since they're on there.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:58 pm

I have dealt w some chinese companies and they tend to be decent with refunds if you catch them soon enough. Keep me updated. I am curious now to howw this goes.

My middle mouse button, i discovered, is garbage. Have to have lots or pressure to use it. Got a new mouse today with side buttons also. Wanna test bioshock's vigors with it. To see how nice they work
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Hoping for a quick and speedy refund (it is paypal after all). I wanna get that wheel stand from the official peoples cause I needs one.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Got my new mouse and turned out it was a much welcome upgrade. I got one with 2 thumb buttons and it can change the LEDs inside of it with its software, can adjust sensitivity on the fly etc.

I already experimented the 2 thumbs with BioShock Infinite (one for switching Vigors, one for using Vigors) and it does a good job! I just need to train my hand to utilize something like this since I've never had to use my thumb in gaming before.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 am

yay, I'm getting my refund! Now to wait on paypal to process it.

edit: my refund is coming and I've just ordered the legit wheel stand direct from GT Omega Racing's website.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:40 am

Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40