GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Squirrel500 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:42 pm

LegendX48 wrote:SO, I gotta say, that new TMNT movie... been trying to re-watch it in non cam rip quality ever since I got it free from Sony and.......

Good lord, this movie is straight trash. 100% FUCKING TRASH!

at least it was free legend, I still can't get over the turtles looks and megan fox as april
avatar
Squirrel500

Posts : 1253
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by xXJus10Xx on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Koenig wrote:You know, I don't see why Ganondorf gets so much hate in Smash Bros.  He is a literal beast if you know how to play him right.
Super slow, has many openings, sluggish, one mistake and you're punished, easy to hit due to large size, poor recovery, etc.
While Ganondorf has improved in Smash 4 compared to Brawl, he's still not a good fighter.
Melee, on the other hand...
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2610
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by smirkytrick on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:52 pm

just thought I share
avatar
smirkytrick

Posts : 2109
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Lux on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:10 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:You know, I don't see why Ganondorf gets so much hate in Smash Bros.  He is a literal beast if you know how to play him right.
Super slow, has many openings, sluggish, one mistake and you're punished, easy to hit due to large size, poor recovery, etc.
While Ganondorf has improved in Smash 4 compared to Brawl, he's still not a good fighter.
Melee, on the other hand...
I once won a fight by tapping A when my opponent tried to get back on the stage. His knockback is pretty good. And against people who love air comboing, his down A is AMAZING. I won a whole fight by doing my second jump then pushing down A, effectively stomping my opponent's head into the concrete headfirst merely because they tried to smack me up there to finish me off.
avatar
Lux

Posts : 977
Bounty : 8
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by xXJus10Xx on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Lux wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:You know, I don't see why Ganondorf gets so much hate in Smash Bros.  He is a literal beast if you know how to play him right.
Super slow, has many openings, sluggish, one mistake and you're punished, easy to hit due to large size, poor recovery, etc.
While Ganondorf has improved in Smash 4 compared to Brawl, he's still not a good fighter.
Melee, on the other hand...
I once won a fight by tapping A when my opponent tried to get back on the stage. His knockback is pretty good. And against people who love air comboing, his down A is AMAZING.
Just a few positives that can be overshadowed by his glaring negatives.
Don't get me wrong, I know that Ganondorf is a destructive force of nature when he hits... It's just that getting those hits can prove to be difficult.
And with Smash 4 being more focused on Defensive play, Ganondorfs have to be extremely careful not to mess up.
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2610
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by LegendX48 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:SO, I gotta say, that new TMNT movie... been trying to re-watch it in non cam rip quality ever since I got it free from Sony and.......

Good lord, this movie is straight trash. 100% FUCKING TRASH!

at least it was free legend, I still can't get over the turtles looks and megan fox as april
it isn't worth the free admission @_@
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5152
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by smirkytrick on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:35 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:SO, I gotta say, that new TMNT movie... been trying to re-watch it in non cam rip quality ever since I got it free from Sony and.......

Good lord, this movie is straight trash. 100% FUCKING TRASH!

at least it was free legend, I still can't get over the turtles looks and megan fox as april
it isn't worth the free admission @_@
You know what is free to watch and awesome and a million times better than the TMNT movie? The AVGN Movie! It's free on youtube!
avatar
smirkytrick

Posts : 2109
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Cybersix on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 pm

I "won" a ultra violet copy of the new TMNT movie from a livestream. I say "won" because no one else entered, lol. I'm guessing it was the only one that was Canada only and the other two that I won from that livestream were US only.

Also, has someone bent Mazer yet?
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3011
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Koenig on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Lux wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:You know, I don't see why Ganondorf gets so much hate in Smash Bros.  He is a literal beast if you know how to play him right.
Super slow, has many openings, sluggish, one mistake and you're punished, easy to hit due to large size, poor recovery, etc.
While Ganondorf has improved in Smash 4 compared to Brawl, he's still not a good fighter.
Melee, on the other hand...
I once won a fight by tapping A when my opponent tried to get back on the stage. His knockback is pretty good. And against people who love air comboing, his down A is AMAZING.
Just a few positives that can be overshadowed by his glaring negatives.
Don't get me wrong, I know that Ganondorf is a destructive force of nature when he hits... It's just that getting those hits can prove to be difficult.
And with Smash 4 being more focused on Defensive play, Ganondorfs have to be extremely careful not to mess up.
His down B is very fast and can cancel/overtake incoming attacks and covers a decent range. In air is can clear a path below and has a powerful meteor effect. His over B is fast and has medium range, though vulnerable it can cancel all counters and shields, deal high damage, and set up for additional attacks. Likewise in the air it can be used to punish air fighters and kamekazi those who go to close to the edge. His Up B is hard to hit, but has decent recovery and is hard to counter from above. His B is very hard to use, but due to its high tolerance can be used to overwhelm some enemies and insta KO them at any damage above 40% in most maps; likewise it can be turned around to phsych-enemies out and get a more powerful hit. His basic punch can halt practically all attacks with good timing and briefly stun the enemy, though it can not be used for basic combo's. His over A is very fast, deals high damage and can send foes flying.  It can easily be used after a dodge or shield to punish blocked attacks. His (hold) down A is limited, but can clear the floor of people trying to lay down or edge-grab. His up A is fast and reaches high, combined with his high damage it can kill most enemies above 60%. His up (hold) A is very tricky to use, but is fantastic for finishing of people trying to recover and/or hiding one the ledge.  His down A is also fast and can easily meteor smash (Or KO them with the ceiling if the floor is below) most characters; It is one of the most powerful Meteor smashes in the entire game.  His jump-over-A is a good way to strike enemies expecting other attacks, while his jump-up-a can clear enemies trying to use platforms as cover.  Likewise he is a tank,  I have often gone 200% at final destination with him.


Last edited by Koenig on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4289
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Lunacy on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 am

Cybersix wrote:I "won" a ultra violet copy of the new TMNT movie from a livestream. I say "won" because no one else entered, lol. I'm guessing it was the only one that was Canada only and the other two that I won from that livestream were US only.

Also, has someone bent Mazer yet?
We need a bending unit.

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4445
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by smirkytrick on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:16 am

Luna wrote:
Cybersix wrote:I "won" a ultra violet copy of the new TMNT movie from a livestream. I say "won" because no one else entered, lol. I'm guessing it was the only one that was Canada only and the other two that I won from that livestream were US only.

Also, has someone bent Mazer yet?
We need a bending unit.
Spoiler:


Last edited by smirkytrick on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
smirkytrick

Posts : 2109
Bounty : 7
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Cybersix on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:20 am

Luna wrote:
Cybersix wrote:I "won" a ultra violet copy of the new TMNT movie from a livestream. I say "won" because no one else entered, lol. I'm guessing it was the only one that was Canada only and the other two that I won from that livestream were US only.

Also, has someone bent Mazer yet?
We need a bending unit.
We're going to freeze someone so they can get one.
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3011
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Koenig on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 am

Someone posted this on the other forum I use.  I can't help but feel it would be better appreciated here.

avatar
Koenig

Posts : 4289
Bounty : 19
Join date : 2012-12-10
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Lunacy on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:56 am

*doesn't appreciate it*

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4445
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:15 am

Wall of text @ Koenig:
Spoiler:
Koenig wrote:
His down B is very fast and can cancel/overtake incoming attacks and covers a decent range.
It's also good to note that you're a sitting duck for well over a second if you miss while performing in midair. Use with caution.

Koenig wrote:In air is can clear a path below and has a powerful meteor effect.
Meteor only near the start of it. Still powerful, though.
Koenig wrote:His over B is fast and has medium range, though vulnerable it can cancel all counters and shields, deal high damage, and set up for additional attacks.
Easy to spot if you're guarding. Just roll or side step. It will only chain opponents if they can't Quick recover hitting the ground or if you can't read the opponent properly.

Koenig wrote:Likewise in the air it can be used to punish air fighters and kamekazi those who go to close to the edge.
Kamekazi is a good plus for Ganondorf, as he's now the only fighter who can kill the opponent before he kills himself, now.
The problem is finding the opportunity.

Koenig wrote:His Up B is hard to hit, but has decent recovery and is hard to counter from above.
Hardly hard to counter, just attack with a ranged attack and watch him fly. And the recovery is suckage already due to his already lack of mobility from second jump and poor horizontal movement.
Send him straight sideways and Ganondorf may not make it back.
Koenig wrote:His B is very hard to use, but due to its high tolerance can be used to overwhelm some enemies and insta KO them at any damage above 40% in most maps; likewise it can be turned around to phsych-enemies out and get a more powerful hit.
Captain Falcon handles all of that better... Except the high tolerance.
Koenig wrote:His over A is very fast, deals high damage and can send foes flying.  It can easily be used after a dodge or shield to punish blocked attacks.
Indeed. Too bad he can't truly follow into attacks. It's just a punish.
Koenig wrote:His up A is fast and reaches high, combined with his high damage it can kill most enemies above 60%.
This is one improvement I liked about Ganondorf. That move used to be so weak in Brawl(along with all of the other moves he had.).
Fox has a mean up smash, though... and he's not a heavyweight powerhouse.
Ah, but I'm not being fair with mentioning Fox... He's quite known for his quick and powerful Up Smash since Melee.

Koenig wrote:His up (hold) A is very tricky to use, but is fantastic for finishing of people trying to recover and/or hiding one the ledge.
Flashy finish and nothing more. Best to stick with not using that.
Koenig wrote:His down A is also fast and can easily meteor smash (Or KO them with the ceiling if the floor is below) most characters;
If the player doesn't take the stun and plan the tech roll, of course. Being powerful enough to KO from hitting the ground doesn't say much. I'd rather hit with the sourspot, as at least that will potentially K.O an opponent rather than giving them a chance to survive.
Besides, it was somewhat nerfed from the jump from Brawl, since you're no longer able to perform the "Thunderstorm". Would have been an ultimate tech chaser if you could still short hop and Dair with no landing lag.
Koenig wrote:It is one of the most powerful Meteor smashes in the entire game.
That's not saying much...
Koenig wrote:His jump-over-A is a good way to strike enemies expecting other attacks
Double edged sword. Great for a read, terrible for you if you're predicted.
It sucks to miss with this move.
If you're feeling gutsy, use the FAir. Otherwise, just BAir.
Koenig wrote:while his jump-up-a can clear enemies trying to use platforms as cover.
His Uair is one of his greatest moves, I say. Quick, powerful(at the start), and quite a speedy attack that could surprise any player not prepared.
It was much better in Melee, though, with the potential to gimp an opponent off the stage with the end of the attack.

Koenig wrote:Likewise he is a tank,  I have often gone 200% at final destination with him.
It's not hard to survive in Brawl and Smash 4. You can go 120+% easy, now.

Overall, the real sting to Ganondorf is his Punish. He's a large target with many openings. It's easy to close the gap fighting this guy, and most(if not all) of his attacks leave him vulnerable much more than any other characters.
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2610
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Cybersix on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 am

*appreciates it to spite Luna*
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3011
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Lunacy on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 am

Cybersix wrote:*appreciates it to spite Luna*
Doesn't bother me in the least.

*continues to not appreciate*

*shuns*

_________________
WSS Discord chat server invite
avatar
Lunacy
Admin

Posts : 4445
Bounty : 20
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 29
Location : The Boneyard, New California Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by LegendX48 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:01 am

*checks youtube channel*

my most viewed video of this year is the one with my first attempt at commentary. It's like youtube's trying to tell me something
avatar
LegendX48

Posts : 5152
Bounty : 16
Join date : 2011-11-29
Age : 26
Location : Lying in the snow, staring up at the sky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Bearhugger29 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:51 am

So Dragons Dogma Online is going to suck. Enjoy your enjoy sequel legend Very Happy
avatar
Bearhugger29

Posts : 484
Bounty : 10
Join date : 2012-11-13
Age : 33
Location : Bathroom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Lux on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Koenig wrote:Someone posted this on the other forum I use.  I can't help but feel it would be better appreciated here.

It pains me that I know the context.
avatar
Lux

Posts : 977
Bounty : 8
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:So Dragons Dogma Online is going to suck. Enjoy your enjoy sequel legend Very Happy
Fuck, I'll enjoy it.

Dragon's Dogma is the ONE game I really wanted to have Multiplayer in.
*is somewhat hyped*

EDIT: *sees it's Free to Play based*

DAMN IT ALL! THIS GAME WILL SUCK!
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2610
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by TensePsychopath on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:29 pm

It's also not even confirmed for America.

_________________
avatar
TensePsychopath

Posts : 1502
Bounty : 12
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by xXJus10Xx on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Damn internet at my house is down...
avatar
xXJus10Xx

Posts : 2610
Bounty : 2
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Lost in Thought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Lux on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:18 pm

I just won as Lil Mac via Time Over against a Ness in For Glory.

He must've really believed I would come near him when he was sitting at that ledge.
avatar
Lux

Posts : 977
Bounty : 8
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Cybersix on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:00 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:It's also not even confirmed for America.
Neither was PSO2 and I still played that
avatar
Cybersix

Posts : 3011
Bounty : 18
Join date : 2011-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum