Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGuffin Quest (RPG Maker)

2 posters

Go down

McGuffin Quest (RPG Maker) Empty McGuffin Quest (RPG Maker)

Post by Koenig Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:21 pm

So, I think it is about time I actually stop tinkering with RPG and maker and get started on a micro project, codename McGuffin Quest!

Basically my goal design for it is to have a central hub from which the player can get quests, forge items, manage party members, and launch to various self contained dungeons/towns.  The "McGuffins" play a key part in the game, and essentially act like the Stars from Mario 64 and Galaxy;  You acquire them from completing quests and uncovering them from dungeons.  As you collect more new area's can be teleported to - essentially negating the need for a traditional overworld.  XP would also be distributed differently, as it is only acquired by completing quests or tasks given by villagers
(Side note: Quests are story based missions, while tasks are collect x number of item and fetch missions) 

So far I am still working on the hub, but I thought it would be a good idea to make this thread ahead of time so I cant back out of this again.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

McGuffin Quest (RPG Maker) Empty Re: McGuffin Quest (RPG Maker)

Post by -Mazer Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:29 am

Sounds good!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Question:  Do you think I should have quests and levels reset like in Mario 64?  Or should they remain constant to give a lingering sense of progress?  In the case of the former it would allow players to replay their favorite parts while also seeing how well they have grown; while in the latter progress would be permanent but players might quickly grow bored.  Either way it will take a substantial amount of programming (At least for someone of my experience)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum