Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty

+8
TensePsychopath
smirkytrick
Hugh Mungus
zulux21
Koenig
Lunacy
Justin
Cybersix
12 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 11 Empty Re: General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty

Post by Hugh Mungus Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:45 am

I have absolutely no knowledge about Deadshot, I'm just glad that the rumors that the movie got reshots to add more humor was apparently false, it was to add more action. Like with every movie though, I can't tell if I will ever see it.
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Bounty : 0

Back to top Go down

General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 11 Empty Re: General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty

Post by TensePsychopath Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:am I the only one irritated with will smith in suicide?
I don't know enough about it to be angry over it.  Granted I can sympathies with your frustration when it comes to bad casting.

Same.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:14 pm

-Mazer wrote:am I the only one irritated with will smith in suicide?
white washing is bad, reverse white washing is apparently okay?

Not a fan of Will Smith being deadshot, on the flip side, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White I'm okay with, mostly because he's a damn fine actor.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Musou Tensei wrote:
And they even openly admitted that they use Star Wars to push their agendas
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/07/disney-strong-empowered-female-star-wars-purposeful/
, they wrote those characters for the sole reason, and I for one will not support that abuse of a beloved franchise, I'm done with Star Wars movies (still keeping an eye out on Visceral's Star Wars game though), or maybe movies in general, I mean the last one I watched was Jurassic World and before that it was Godzilla 2014, in theaters when it came out, I rather play games than watch a 100+ minutes long movie.

Oh well losing yet another franchise I used to love (and will always cherish their pasts) to the regressive left sucks, but at least:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfqIQLYUYAAC6rl.jpg[img]
agenda? Dude, they just want more female characters. Looking at it from a gaming perspective where 99.9999999% of all games star generic, dull as dish water white male #453942983757, this is fantastic. If you want to miss out on good movies, that's your call.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:12 pm

I also agree with Legend. As long as the movie is entertaining, who gives a damn if the lead is female? Not to mention that female leads in movies are slim; esp in the sci-fi and action genre.

I mean look at the new Star Trek Into Darkness......

One female character is groaning about her relationships even during moments of life or death...her whole purpose during the first chunk of the movie is to bitch about her love life..

The other female character is practically eye candy

General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 11 Alice%20Eve%20-%20Star%20Trek%20Into%20Darkness_2-500

And now we are getting these strong female leads who don't give two damns about relationships, don't strip down to show off their assets, and are very fun to watch and just because Disney wants more female character leads it's a bad thing?

I mean seriously...Look how Marvel treats Black Widow. Very few toys for her and even Ruffalo spoke against the treatment...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:11 pm

It's not about having women in whatever in general, I prefer the Tomb Raider Reboot and Rise of The Tomb Raider over Uncharted 1-3 (and most probably 4 too) any day... my english is just not good enough to put my german thoughts into words, coincidentally though someoen I'm subbed to just made a video pretty much stating what bothers me so much
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:47 pm

I'm sorry. I stopped halfway through. I don't buy this garbage arguement that they "thrust" this woman down your throat as a "doesn't-take-orders" badass...

Know why? Because EVERY SINGLE ACTION FILM IN EXISTENCE does this. They always show the MALE character as a badass outlaw who never obeys the rules and this person is going to be used somehow.

Guardians of the Galaxy; Oh look, Star Lord is a guy who doesn't play by his own rules! He's an asshole who does his own thing

Star Trek's trailer just focuses on Kirk being a kid who grows up to be a guy who doesn't play by his own rules, has broken the law, and is thrust into a place of power!

Escape from LA: Guy is a criminal, taken and used to do dangerous things

This argument is complete garbage. EVERY SINGLE action/sci-fi mainstream film has the "This guy is a badass of some kind who doesn't go by your or anyone rules. Let's put him with a team and he will be amazing"

The Rock was like that
Escape from New York is like that
Star Trek is like that
The Collection is like that

It has NOTHING To do with "thrusting" People are just seriously angry because it is a chick. Simple as that and it is getting pathetic.

I would be on your side, Tensei, if people treated this the same with every other action movie role with male characters but it ONLY is happening with female characters and just very recently.

Like what LEgend said. No one cares if 99% of all video games is white muscular men with criminal histories turned good...but GOD FORBID it's a woman.

And seriously, why is it bad for Women to be characters in Star Wars movies?

Before Rey and this new girl we had only 2 women

1 is a queen who did nothing but give birth and die
1 is a former princess who gets rescued, falls in love with a rogue, and is best known for a metal bikini

Now we got

1 is a badass who can fight on her own
1 is a criminal who may or may not be an ally.

Let's just look at the overall picture shall we? How many positive female roles that don't involve showing skin, ass, or being centered with romance do we have? Hell even Disney is breaking away from women who need to be focused around men. No one bitched about Frozen or Brave having strong ladies as the focus.

What about Zootopia? Main character is female also - one who doesn't follow the rules, doesn't take orders, and does her own thing. NO one bitching about that either.

And I would give more credibility to some of these people if many are not also saying, in the same posts, that we are getting to many Blacks in Star Wars also. This is not a fandom issue. It's just showing people's true colors. Apparently Star wars should strictly be white males with a minor female lead and only 1 black character who is in the background all the time.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Won't change my feelings towards it, but I also will not prevent anyone from seeing it nor will I sign any petition, I just have to accept that modern Star Wars movies are not for me, I'm not the audience anymore.

What pissses me off though is that 99% bs, I know you are exeggerating but it's simply wrong.
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:37 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
agenda? Dude, they just want more female characters. Looking at it from a gaming perspective where 99.9999999% of all games star generic, dull as dish water white male #453942983757, this is fantastic. If you want to miss out on good movies, that's your call.
Adding a different cast than usual is one thing. Force feeding something for the sake of wanting to appeal to the SJW is another.

There is generally no benefit for this kind of thing. Just more anguish from the insatiable bastards they cater for (in this example, people on Twitter complaining about the lead actor in Star Wars Rogue One being a Straight White woman[examples needed, MousouTensei lol], and the black female Ghost Buster not being one of the scientists while the White girls were scientists...) while actual viewers are given the cold shoulder.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:45 pm

How is it giving the cold shoulder?

Ignore the "agenda". In what way does a female lead ruin star wars and hurt the "fans"u
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Musou Tensei wrote:Won't change my feelings towards it, but I also will not prevent anyone from seeing it nor will I sign any petition, I just have to accept that modern Star Wars movies are not for me, I'm not the audience anymore.

What pissses me off though is that 99% bs, I know you are exeggerating but it's simply wrong.

How are you not the audience? Who is the audience to begin with?

According to Lucas, the audience for all 6 movies were supposed to be kids 5-12 years old.

According to "fans" the audience are for scifantasy geeks who love mythology and blasters

According to other "fans" the audience are those who love classic opera story telling...

There IS no audience for star wars! They are just fun entertaining movies for EVERYONE
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:23 pm

-Mazer wrote:In what way does a female lead ruin star wars and hurt  the "fans"u
Not saying it does hurt the fans, I'm just saying it's pointless catering.
I'm down for women in movies/games/whatever, but it just rubs me the wrong way when the creator/artist has to abide to "requests" from viewers(in this case, the sjws that potentially wouldn't even be viewing their work in the first place) and not by what HE/SHE Himself/Herself desires.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:34 pm

unrelated to everything.

Mazer, I sent you a friend request on Miitomo
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm

flower flower sunny sunny I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS!  sunny sunny flower flower
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Yay legend.

@ justice

Wtf is SJW to begin with?

And where is this proof they are giving in to these groups? How do you know they just dont want female leads in a franchise that is primarily male? They could be just trying to encourage more ladies to seeing the film (younger girls by which i mean)

Girls get shafted on their main characters. Outside of princesses what women to kids look up too or show they are badass? Little to none.

Until I see actual evidence saying they are "bowing down" to the feminist collective as opposed to fixing their mistakes from Marvel (look up the huge backlash against the promotion of anything black widow or scarlet witch related), i feel people are blowing this entire thing out of proportion.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:17 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:There is generally no benefit for this kind of thing. Just more anguish from the insatiable bastards they cater for (in this example, people on Twitter complaining about the lead actor in Star Wars Rogue One being a Straight White woman[examples needed, MousouTensei lol]
I tried and quickly collected some screenshots, the # is just currently flooded with the news of who is playing Vader.
Stupid tweets:
And when they do it for VIII, they WILL find something else, she is too skinny, not black enough, too stereotypical black, not smart enough, not strong enough, not gay enough, not disabled enough...

-Mazer wrote:
Musou Tensei wrote:Won't change my feelings towards it, but I also will not prevent anyone from seeing it nor will I sign any petition, I just have to accept that modern Star Wars movies are not for me, I'm not the audience anymore.

How are you not the audience? Who is the audience to begin with?

According to Lucas, the audience for all 6 movies were supposed to be kids 5-12 years old.

According to "fans" the audience are for scifantasy geeks who love mythology and blasters

According to other "fans" the audience are those who love classic opera story telling...

There IS no audience for star wars! They are just fun entertaining movies for EVERYONE

I was around the age of 5-12 (I really don't know anymore) when I came in contact with Star Wars.
Imo if you truly like something (not because you feel like you have to like it or you are faking it)you are the audience, everything else is imo redunant. I mean MLP's intended audience was definitely not bronies, but they are part of the audience now.
Like my father was never the audience, he dislikes Star Wars (Sci Fi and fantasy in general) since ever, my mother on the other hand watched the original trilogy at theaters and introduced me to it. My best friend also doesn't likes SW, so he is not the audience, he loves CoD though, so he is the audience for that, which I am not, because I fucking hate CoD.
I don't like what they are doing with the new movies, I disagree with it, I don't want to support it with my money, I don't consider myself as part of the audience for modern SW movies.
Or another example, I fucking love G1 Transformers, the 2 Cybertron games and Devastation, but I'm not the audience for Bayformers, I dislike pretty much everything, the look of the Transformers, focus on humans, Bumblebee using his radio to communicate, the actors etc.
It is how it is.
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Musou Tensei wrote:
Stupid tweets:
And when they do it for VIII, they WILL find something else, she is too skinny, not black enough, too stereotypical black, not smart enough, not strong enough, not gay enough, not disabled enough...
Fucking white people
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:35 pm

-Mazer wrote:Wtf is SJW to begin with?
Social Justice Warrior.
I don't approve of their bullying tactics.

And where is this proof they are giving in to these groups?
You could say it's paranoia due to "political correctness" being shoved down everyone's throats recently(especially in social media sites).
Spoiler:

Until I see actual evidence saying they are "bowing down" to the feminist collective as opposed to fixing their mistakes from Marvel (look up the huge backlash against the promotion of anything black widow or scarlet witch related), i feel people are blowing this entire thing out of proportion.
People are probably blowing this out of proportion. I for one am sick of SJW nonsense.
Examples of stupidity:
http://abc7chicago.com/society/gap-kids-pulls-controversial-ad-after-critics-call-it-racist/1281885/
not for the weak hearted:

Any talk in involving "politics" is just messy business. How about we drop this conversation? It's getting sickening just thinking about it.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:39 pm

Da hell is WOC?

And I'll drop it - said most of my peace...

Let's bitch about Deadshot instead.

DEADSHOT NEVER SPEAKS LIKE !!@1@@!@#%$ FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:46 pm

-Mazer wrote:Da hell is WOC?
Woman of Color
a "more appropriate way of calling someone a Colored Person".

And I'll drop it - said most of my piece...
All good points imo.

Let's bitch about Deadshot instead.

DEADSHOT NEVER SPEAKS LIKE !!@1@@!@#%$ FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR!
lmao This about Suicide Squad?
Will Smith is in it? XD
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:55 pm

I'm not white, and I don't give a shit about Jyn being white. Though I am a man so I guess my opinion is invalid. One thing at a time people.

SJW is code for moron.

as for Will Smith being cast as Deadshot, I reiterate:
LegendX48 wrote:
white washing is bad, reverse white washing is apparently okay?

Not a fan of Will Smith being deadshot, on the flip side, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White I'm okay with, mostly because he's a damn fine actor.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:55 pm

*Reads thread*

*Cries*
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 pm

How does Deadshot talk normally?
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
Fucking white people
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=white+people
Sick of them!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next