Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

+10
Koenig
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lunacy
smirkytrick
Bearhugger29
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
-Mazer
14 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by Cybersix Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:58 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Seriously was the Miyamoto Tweet real?
Probably not
http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-has-a-secret-twitter-account/
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by -Mazer Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:30 pm

I dun like pirating TV shows/anime. I am a collector so I love having box sets :3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:43 pm

@loom Milla Jovovich is soo badass

@mazer same here, I prefer collecting box sets over pirating them, though I don't mind watching stuff on crunchyroll
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:@loom Milla Jovovich is soo badass

@mazer same here, I prefer collecting box sets over pirating them, though I don't mind watching stuff on crunchyroll

Well Crunchyroll is an exception because you actually have to pay for it and it's legal.

And I'm not too into collecting, so I'll just fine with digital versions of shows. CR is literally perfect for someone like me.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:06 pm

I like how some of the older anime you can watch for free there
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Well streaming subbed anime used to be a grey area, and kind of still is.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Darth Luna wrote:Well streaming subbed anime used to be a grey area, and kind of still is.

What do you mean?
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:37 pm

I'm talking about unlicensed shows that get fansubs. Simulstreaming is a very new thing that came with the advent of CR, but a couple of years ago, there was no such thing. The only way for us to get the shows legally was waiting for them to get licensed and dubbed and released on dvd if it wasn't aired on tv.
So if what would you do if you wanted to watch the newest anime? Watch a fansub online. It wasn't illegal here, since it wasn't licensed here. It would be considered pirating in Japan, obviously, though.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:03 am

omg...that guy accepted my offer for 40$ for R.O.D. brand new, full TV series...holy crap what a steal!!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:35 am

Darth Luna wrote:I'm talking about unlicensed shows that get fansubs. Simulstreaming is a very new thing that came with the advent of CR, but a couple of years ago, there was no such thing. The only way for us to get the shows legally was waiting for them to get licensed and dubbed and released on dvd if it wasn't aired on tv.
So if what would you do if you wanted to watch the newest anime? Watch a fansub online. It wasn't illegal here, since it wasn't licensed here. It would be considered pirating in Japan, obviously, though.

Oh ok! I didn't know if you were referring to fansubs at first.

And things must have been so much harder back then with having no Crunchyroll/simulcasting. Only relying on fansubs must have been a gamble and the fact that the only way to contribute to the anime industry was by buying dvds must have made things even more trivial for consumers. You would have to spend like $80 for like 12 episodes. That's tough. With things like CR, we get all the episodes online and get to pay a reasonable subscription. PLUS, they have a shop that gives you good deals on dvds/blurays.

CR is pretty much the pioneer in streaming anime overseas. First off, it's the only international website that does it (legally mind you). Second of all, they have literally everything you need on the website: extensive library with quality streams, great forums, a good community, news on the anime industry and video games occasionally, and a good online store. They're just going to keep on getting bigger and bigger. Crunchyroll is a premature titan at the moment and even though it's premature, it's still unmatched.

-Mazer wrote:omg...that guy accepted my offer for 40$ for R.O.D. brand new, full TV series...holy crap what a steal!!

Way to go Mazer! That's awesome!!! *goes in for the high five*
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:43 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 Go_team_venture
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:50 am

-Mazer wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 Go_team_venture

cheers  Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil cheers
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:07 am

It feels pretty damn good to get an Anime that is being sold for over 70$ everywhere for only 42 with shipping Very Happy

Now to save for Louie the Rune Soldier
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:13 am

*face palm*

I think my gpu might be dying. Reason:

This happened while playing Batman AO

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 14012209071_5a6615b7ca_o
Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 14012244141_6f72ca3de2_o

the white crap would pop up only while in vents though
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:21 am

how does that lead to the GPU dying (honestly dunno
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:49 am

have to check more of my other games but so far it's gotta be one of two things:

1) Batman AO is stupid

2) I shouldn't overclock my gpu anymore which makes me sad cause overclocking is the only way I get the performance I paid for.

OR

Hidden option 1) Batman AO + the ingame MSAA doesn't play nice with DX11 stuff turned on...

I really hope it isn't option 2
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am

-Mazer wrote:how does that lead to the GPU dying (honestly dunno
random artifacts like that are never a good thing/sign.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:05 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:Oh ok! I didn't know if you were referring to fansubs at first.

And things must have been so much harder back then with having no Crunchyroll/simulcasting. Only relying on fansubs must have been a gamble and the fact that the only way to contribute to the anime industry was by buying dvds must have made things even more trivial for consumers. You would have to spend like $80 for like 12 episodes. That's tough. With things like CR, we get all the episodes online and get to pay a reasonable subscription. PLUS, they have a shop that gives you good deals on dvds/blurays.

CR is pretty much the pioneer in streaming anime overseas. First off, it's the only international website that does it (legally mind you). Second of all, they have literally everything you need on the website: extensive library with quality streams, great forums, a good community, news on the anime industry and video games occasionally, and a good online store. They're just going to keep on getting bigger and bigger. Crunchyroll is a premature titan at the moment and even though it's premature, it's still unmatched
It wasn't difficult at all. Remember, CR is doing the same thing, except that they've legitimized it. That's what's so great about it. Things are the same now, except now there are legal/legit sites that do it. There are still a ton of streaming sites that have the fansubbed versions of shows, or sometimes have the CR video embedded. Not only that, but they also have all the shows that didn't get licensed officially or aren't available on CR/Hulu/etc.

You'll also find plenty of people who prefer certain fansub groups over even professional translators(I'll go into detail later, if you wish).
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:20 am

Darth Luna wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:Oh ok! I didn't know if you were referring to fansubs at first.

CR is pretty much the pioneer in streaming anime overseas. First off, it's the only international website that does it (legally mind you). Second of all, they have literally everything you need on the website: extensive library with quality streams, great forums, a good community, news on the anime industry and video games occasionally, and a good online store. They're just going to keep on getting bigger and bigger. Crunchyroll is a premature titan at the moment and even though it's premature, it's still unmatched
It wasn't difficult at all. Remember, CR is doing the same thing, except that they've legitimized it. That's what's so great about it. Things are the same now, except now there are legal/legit sites that do it. There are still a ton of streaming sites that have the fansubbed versions of shows, or sometimes have the CR video embedded. Not only that, but they also have all the shows that didn't get licensed officially or aren't available on CR/Hulu/etc.

You'll also find plenty of people who prefer certain fansub groups over even professional translators(I'll go into detail later, if you wish).

Hmmmmmmm all that makes sense. You're right.

Also please go into detail about the fansub groups later!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:54 am

I'm thinking about buying Pandora's Tower (Wii) on Crunchyroll for $25. Is it worth it?
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:06 am

There should be a drinking game called "actual Tumblr user or satire making fun of Tumblr users?"

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 Nf468h
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:31 am

TensePsychopath wrote:There should be a drinking game called "actual Tumblr user or satire making fun of Tumblr users?"

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 6 Nf468h
Take a shot every time they ramble on about gender identity, rape culture or feminist rage.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:38 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:I'm thinking about buying Pandora's Tower (Wii) on Crunchyroll for $25. Is it worth it?

For collector's vakue aline ibwould sayvso
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:02 pm

But a cat having a penis kinda does make it male...
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:34 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:I'm thinking about buying Pandora's Tower (Wii) on Crunchyroll for $25. Is it worth it?

I don't know much about wii games but for thta price I'd say get it, what's the worse that could happen?
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next