Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

+10
Koenig
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lunacy
smirkytrick
Bearhugger29
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
-Mazer
14 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 28 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by -Mazer Thu May 08, 2014 3:18 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Quick Question Mazer, Was lux Tnk?

Tnkdog is my friend named Randy.

Lux was something something burrito I think lol. he was the one who was basically running around but not really killing anyone. I kept following him throughout the match.

OMG that first match with nothing but snipers. How crappy was that
Crappy indeed. Remember when the Final Day Happened and you were all like Gazing at the awesomeness of it? Then while you were still entranced I taunt killed you. Good times.

The best was when you and Lux were smacking against the door and suddenly it opened and you both got shotgunned to the face. LMAO

**Edit**

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 28 Azbzg7K_700b

Last edited by -Mazer on Thu May 08, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 28 Empty Re: Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu May 08, 2014 3:40 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:
And as Mazer said before, what will homosexual relationships add to the overall game experience? Will it make the game more "politically correct" or better in anyway? In the end of the day, Nintendo isn't demonizing any group so I don't see any problems here.
they flesh out the character(s) in the game.

Do they really?

Outside of RPGs that have relationship choices, whenever ever does a character's sexuality actually improve the character? A majority of games never even bother with sexuality both hetro and homo because the entirely of the game is focused strictly on the single storyline and the action gameplay in between.

Does Resident Evil ever focus on sexuality? It may show attraction between character (Clair and Leonardo De Caprio in Code Veronica) but it never has booty calls, open "Hey, check out her ass!" moments. Why? Because the characters are too busy killing things than anything else.

Again; how do you portray a gay character anyway? Do you BrokeBack mountain them? Do you make them all flamboyant? Do you have another character just straight out mention it? "Oh that's our commander. Btw. He's gay."

When you make the sexuality of a character the highlight it just becomes a idiotic gimmick meant to draw in a minority of audiences. How many "normal" gay people (by which I mean are not gays with agendas or wanting to see homosexuality accepted and placed into everything) actually give a damn if Marcus Fenix is gay or not.

As for the Nintendo thing - it turns out that the sim game they are releasing never had gays in it to begin with.

It turns out same sex couples in Tomodachi Life weren't possible to begin with.

Nintendo of America marketing manager, Bill Trinen told IGN the aforementioned bug was in fact a data leak that was activated when transferring Mii's over from the game's DS predecessor. The bug did not cause random gay relationships but it did cause the game to break.

So how does Nintendo explain those screenshots of happy gay couples existing in the Japanese release? Well, Trinen said these were not same sex couples. Japanese players who wanted their Mii to be in a same sex relationship, performed simple gender swaps; male looking characters being slated as female and vice versa.

The screenshots of this phenomena started surfacing at roughly the same time of when the patch was released, causing some to believe Nintendo had patched homosexuality out of the game.

“Because we didn’t have the DS version [in the West], there is no data transfer issue for us. So it was actually two separate things that got lumped together into one piece of confusion that resulted in people not quite understanding what had gone on."

The ability to do these swaps were not removed via the patch however.

While this clears up a major misconception about the game, it certainly doesn't help Nintendo's case here. In eyes of the LBGT community, this revaluation probably doesn't it make things worse, but it certainly doesn't make them better either. It's just another unfortunate mishap to add to the tally.

If you'd like to read more about Nintendo's position on this entire situation, you should certainly click the link provided above.

Thanks to g1 Ultraguy for bringing this info to my attention.

I agree with you.

The one Nintendo game that comes to mind when I think about the potential of homosexual relationships is Fire Emblem: Awakening which has a big dating sim component to it. Though, even then I think that's pushing. In Fire Emblem's case, throwing in homosexuality would complicate things and of course it wouldn't make any sense for the story and would be just straight up weird.

For me, that would have been a big turn off if that was present in the game.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Thu May 08, 2014 4:06 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
-Mazer wrote:so apparently the gay lesbian people are sad thaty you cannot marry same sex in that nintendo sim thingy

Boo fucking woo.

Most video games companies tend to be conservative when it comes to same-sex stuff, especially Nintendo, and I say let 'em. I think it's good that video game companies stay away from stuff like same-sex marriage and what not because that will turn off a lot of consumers. Staying traditional doesn't hurt anyone and if any company dips their toes in that area, it will be hard for them to ever go back/be looked at the same.

Fiddling with same-sex marriage/homosexual relationships can be very risky.

agreed, really they're bitching about Nintendo, if they want a game that has same sex relationships then buy a Sims game. and there is nothing wrong with Nintendo being more traditional they have the right to be
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Thu May 08, 2014 4:08 pm

smirkytrick wrote:Well. The only Gay (actually confirmed gay) characters that I know of is Gay Tony from GTA IV and some scrapped Gay Robot that was gonna be in Duke Nukem Forever.

You know, there should be a positive gay game character. At least to break some grounds.

speaking of rockstar games, on bully you can have jimmy make out with one of the jocks, lol
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Thu May 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Loom, that's not vista. I'm using Windows 7.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 08, 2014 5:12 pm

wrote a blog today defending the E.T. game :3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu May 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Nintendo is being bullied lol
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:Fire Emblem: Awakening which has a big dating sim component to it.
lol really? I didn't know that.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Lux was something something burrito I think lol. he was the one who was basically running around but not really killing anyone. I kept following him throughout the match.

Crappy indeed. Remember when the Final Day Happened and you were all like Gazing at the awesomeness of it? Then while you were still entranced I taunt killed you. Good times.

The best was when you and Lux were smacking against the door and suddenly it opened and you both got shotgunned to the face. LMAO

Good times.... we should record our adventures sometimes.

Last edited by smirkytrick on Thu May 08, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu May 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 28 6cb927ccdae4e171cba3abfadfde852a

Open Beta right now.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu May 08, 2014 6:47 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:
And as Mazer said before, what will homosexual relationships add to the overall game experience? Will it make the game more "politically correct" or better in anyway? In the end of the day, Nintendo isn't demonizing any group so I don't see any problems here.
they flesh out the character(s) in the game.

Do they really?

Outside of RPGs that have relationship choices, whenever ever does a character's sexuality actually improve the character? A majority of games never even bother with sexuality both hetro and homo because the entirely of the game is focused strictly on the single storyline and the action gameplay in between.

Does Resident Evil ever focus on sexuality? It may show attraction between character (Clair and Leonardo De Caprio in Code Veronica) but it never has booty calls, open "Hey, check out her ass!" moments. Why? Because the characters are too busy killing things than anything else.

Again; how do you portray a gay character anyway? Do you BrokeBack mountain them? Do you make them all flamboyant? Do you have another character just straight out mention it? "Oh that's our commander. Btw. He's gay."

When you make the sexuality of a character the highlight it just becomes a idiotic gimmick meant to draw in a minority of audiences. How many "normal" gay people (by which I mean are not gays with agendas or wanting to see homosexuality accepted and placed into everything) actually give a damn if Marcus Fenix is gay or not.
I didn't say improve, it just fleshes them out. It's part of who they are, does that mean they need to be as flamboyant and showy as possible? God no, it's just an aspect of the character. TLOU Left Behind major spoiler
Spoiler:
I won't tell you how it goes down, play the damn game and see for yourself. That or youtube it though I'd prefer that you play it already.

Also, Resident Evil doesn't have moments like that because everyone is an asexual weirdo :p
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu May 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 28 NinCsA2

Creepy but I love it. Man, after watching all these videos on understanding what makes Mass Effect such a great amazing series. DAMN, I'm obsessed now.
...your sudden obsession with something you used to hate is freaking me out! And I read these posts in your amazed voice AND IT'S WEIRD!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu May 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:
-Mazer wrote:so apparently the gay lesbian people are sad thaty you cannot marry same sex in that nintendo sim thingy

Boo fucking woo.

Most video games companies tend to be conservative when it comes to same-sex stuff, especially Nintendo, and I say let 'em. I think it's good that video game companies stay away from stuff like same-sex marriage and what not because that will turn off a lot of consumers. Staying traditional doesn't hurt anyone and if any company dips their toes in that area, it will be hard for them to ever go back/be looked at the same.

Fiddling with same-sex marriage/homosexual relationships can be very risky.

agreed, really they're bitching about Nintendo, if they want a game that has same sex relationships then buy a Sims game. and there is nothing wrong with Nintendo being more traditional they have the right to be

Exactly. I'm glad you understand.

Bearhugger29 wrote:Loom, that's not vista. I'm using Windows 7.

*facepalm* Oops I just glanced at it and thought it was Vista because of how minimized apps looked.

xXJus10Xx wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:Fire Emblem: Awakening which has a big dating sim component to it.
lol really? I didn't know that.

Ya it does! It's thing called support conversations and you can have all the characters get married and
Minor spoilers:
It was one of the biggest surprises of the game and doing the support conversations gives each character a lot of depth.

I thoroughly cared for all the characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening because all of them were so well developed and had their own motives. Fire Emblem: Awakening was a surprisingly deep game and probably my favorite game on the 3DS.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu May 08, 2014 7:40 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Good times.... we should record our adventures sometimes.

How about on Saturday?

Who wants to play TF2 with Lux, myself, and Smirky?

Also: Smirk - we gotta get you a mic set up so we can record on Skype.

Download skype right now while I check to see how to set up a 360 mic to pc :3

or we can get you a cheapie mic from walmart. How much spare change do you have and where is your nearest Wallymart

**EDIT**

Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 28 AOqOKer_460s_v1

Also...

Because of Nate, I changed the event for the Would You Rather thread. So someone play with me!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Thu May 08, 2014 8:45 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:Gen Chat XXXVII: Samus is Sexist - Page 28 NinCsA2

Creepy but I love it. Man, after watching all these videos on understanding what makes Mass Effect such a great amazing series. DAMN, I'm obsessed now.
...your sudden obsession with something you used to hate is freaking me out! And I read these posts in your amazed voice AND IT'S WEIRD!!!

I've never hated the franchise legend. I could just never get into it.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu May 08, 2014 8:47 pm

So Cable and X-Force ended. I'm sad now. Also, I wish it had ended better than it did.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Finally Got a mic :3
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm the only one in all of the sites I'm on that cares about Wildstar. XD
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 pm

-Mazer wrote:

Because of Nate, I changed the event for the Would You Rather thread. So someone play with me!

Yes! I had influence!!!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Thu May 08, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't know why but I really want some popcorn, but I'm out:(
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu May 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Nice to see that Bearhugger is apart of the Opera master race
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey Ochi! I got some technical questions for you about Skype.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Thu May 08, 2014 10:51 pm

LegendX48 wrote:So Cable and X-Force ended. I'm sad now. Also, I wish it had ended better than it did.
My friends call me Cable so much I though you were talking about me :c
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu May 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Dammit, Skype screwed up my computer.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu May 08, 2014 11:04 pm

And Child of Light continues to be awesome. 25% attack power buff on my two heavy hitters, used a move that buffed my strongest (physical) up by 45% and he cleaned fucking house  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Lux wrote:I'm the only one in all of the sites I'm on that cares about Wildstar. XD
it seems fun but mmo....
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next