Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

+11
Lunacy
TensePsychopath
Koenig
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lux
smirkytrick
-Mazer
15 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 5 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 2:30 pm

What About Sony?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 5 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue May 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Ya, Smirk, Sony is doing pay to play too.....
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 2:51 pm

The thing is, ps+ is way better than xblgold. From a gamers perspective, plus is a much better value. From a non-gamer perspective, gold is a total ripoff since you don't need plus on the ps4/3 to use netflix and whatnot. But the core argument of "pay to play," remains the same for both. You need gold and plus to play online in the current gen consoles of the respective companies.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Darth Luna wrote:The thing is, ps+ is way better than xblgold. From a gamers perspective, plus is a much better value. From a non-gamer perspective, gold is a total ripoff since you don't need plus on the ps4/3 to use netflix and whatnot. But the core argument of "pay to play," remains the same for both. You need gold and plus to play online in the current gen consoles of the respective companies.
It's game dependent on Sony's side. DCUO and Warframe do not require plus for online, nor do the other F2P games iirc. Only game that requires + for online play that I can think of at the moment is Killzone Shadow Fall.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue May 13, 2014 3:09 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:The thing is, ps+ is way better than xblgold. From a gamers perspective, plus is a much better value. From a non-gamer perspective, gold is a total ripoff since you don't need plus on the ps4/3 to use netflix and whatnot. But the core argument of "pay to play," remains the same for both. You need gold and plus to play online in the current gen consoles of the respective companies.
It's game dependent on Sony's side. DCUO and Warframe do not require plus for online, nor do the other F2P games iirc. Only game that requires + for online play that I can think of at the moment is Killzone Shadow Fall.

I see. So it depends on the game, eh? I would just pay for Plus to get all the benefits, but it's nice that there's still a free option.

Also, isn't Plus cheaper than Gold?
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Yes, that's another positive, F2p is free to fucking play on ps, unlike xbox. Also, I think they're the same price, but I don't know if it was revised/changed with the new consoles. Gold is 60 for a year, I forget if plus is 50 or 60. I think it was 60 initially, but I'm not certain.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 13, 2014 3:30 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

I see. So it depends on the game, eh? I would just pay for Plus to get all the benefits, but it's nice that there's still a free option.

Also, isn't Plus cheaper than Gold?
+ is $50 for a year. Last I checked, gold, for the same period of time, is the price of a game so....... yeah, cheaper lol
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 3:34 pm

The best thing to do for either, is wait for a sale. Amazon routinely sells a year of gold for 30-40 bucks. Same for ps+. It's good to stack up on them during those times(you can stack up to 3 years of gold). I'm not sure about ps+, but I know you can do more than a year.

Also, seems I must take back my words. MS made the streaming apps and whatnot, not require gold to be used anymore. So one can use netflix without xblgold.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue May 13, 2014 5:18 pm

wait....is psnetwork on ps4 free or do you only have to pay for ps+ or whatever that membership thing is
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:wait....is psnetwork on ps4 free or do you only have to pay for ps+ or whatever that membership thing is

You require PS+ for MP games. But not online aps, the store, etc.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 13, 2014 6:11 pm

H.R. Giger passed away
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue May 13, 2014 7:13 pm

IMO Sony kinda screwed up making PS+ required for mp. It's a good thing they offer free games and stuff for having ps+, because if they didn't, they would have shot themselves in the foot instead of just grazing it.

I wonder if Nintendo will follow suit in the future...
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 13, 2014 7:52 pm

why has no one mentioned how it auto-updates things and creates back ups of your save data? That's like the best feature(s) of + >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 pm

The only reason the auto-update is a feature is because updates on the ps3 were so fucking horridly long. As for backups of save data, I don't know what you speak of, explain.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue May 13, 2014 9:20 pm

-Mazer wrote:H.R. Giger passed away
*Sad Face*

I would have liked to meet him, I really liked a lot of his work.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue May 13, 2014 9:40 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:IMO Sony kinda screwed up making PS+ required for mp. It's a good thing they offer free games and stuff for having ps+, because if they didn't, they would have shot themselves in the foot instead of just grazing it.

I wonder if Nintendo will follow suit in the future...

agreed sony did mess up, free games is cool but free mp was why I liked the ps3 and if I wanted to pay for multiplayer I would have bought a crappy xbox
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Darth Luna wrote:The only reason the auto-update is a feature is because updates on the ps3 were so fucking horridly long. As for backups of save data, I don't know what you speak of, explain.
It's exactly what it sounds like. It automatically uploads your saves to their servers at the time you have it set to auto-update.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:H.R. Giger passed away
*Sad Face*

I would have liked to meet him,  I really liked a lot of his work.

Agreed. I was a fan of him back in 97 when I was in Jr. High. Found his work randomly and fell in love.

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 5 Hr_giger_necronom_I
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 10:39 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:The only reason the auto-update is a feature is because updates on the ps3 were so fucking horridly long. As for backups of save data, I don't know what you speak of, explain.
It's exactly what it sounds like. It automatically uploads your saves to their servers at the time you have it set to auto-update.
So when is it most useful?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
all the time? I had the auto-update/save back up set to go daily from 2-4am, it's the one thing I loved about PS+
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 13, 2014 11:36 pm

I just noticed something... what happened to the blog section?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
all the time? I had the auto-update/save back up set to go daily from 2-4am, it's the one thing I loved about PS+
Hmm, well I'm just wondering because if you compare it to xbox, then the auto-update isn't that big of an issue since the updates on the 360 at least, were pretty quick if you didn't have shit internet. As for the saves, with the hard drives being plug and play and there being cloud now, not to mention being able to use flash drives as memory cards, I've never really though about the second issue. I don't like that the ps3 can't swap hard drives between console, like xbox, and work fine. At least, I remember reading that it would format a new hard drive from the get go. Anyhow, reason those points weren't brought up, at least by me, is because they're a non-issue on the xbox. At least in my experience.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I just noticed something... what happened to the blog section?
Mazar axed, I assume.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 13, 2014 11:41 pm

you can transfer saves to usb drives though. I just like that there's back-ups on the cloud as well
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 13, 2014 11:43 pm

I guess. You have that as well with gold. Gold members get a virtual memory card that saves locally and backs up in the cloud. You can access those saves on any console. So again, that's on par with ps+, and if you recall, we were talking about differences and what's better.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum