Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

+9
Ochi
Squirrel500
Bearhugger29
Lux
LegendX48
smirkytrick
Koenig
TensePsychopath
ColumbianLoom
13 posters

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Empty Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Darth Luna wrote:I would recommend waiting for the price to go down to sub $20. As it is, there just isn't all that much. Anyhow, I agree. Don't get why the full civ games aren't available on consoles.
I doubt my computer could actually run it tbh. As for why civ games are not on consoles, id wager that the publishers don't think console gamers can handle the slightest bit of strategy, which is complete bollocks.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Empty Re: GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:42 pm

I don't know if it's a question of "handling strategy," but a case of the audience for it just not being there (lack of interest). Or at least that being the perception.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Publishers unwilling to grow a market are unfit to reap from it. Console may not have mouse and key board but I know a lot of people who would like to see more varied game genres on consoles.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:58 pm

Agreed, but I don't know if it's that they're unwilling to grow the market, more like they're unwilling to risk the resources.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:08 pm

Same thing. If no one is willing to invest in something then there is no way it is going to improve; besides, it should not be hard to port a civ game to a console, the only tricky thing would be redesigning the interface to work well with controllers- it would not cost a publisher much to invest in such a port.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:13 pm

It is, but it's not like the goal is to not grow the market, they're just too conservative to make the gamble. Anyhow, I agree, it wouldn't be that hard to adapt the scheme. Especially for the Wii u since there is a touch screen interface available, but they (publishers/devs in general) don't like to work on the wii u.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Darth Luna wrote: Anyhow, I agree, it wouldn't be that hard to adapt the scheme. Especially for the Wii u since there is a touch screen interface available, but they (publishers/devs in general) don't like to work on anything Nintendo
Fix'ed. It makes me sad. There are many, many, many games that I would buy in a heart beat if they were made/optimized for consoles.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:59 am

I was gonna say "Nintendo" initially, lol.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:10 am

I have to wonder if there is anything Nintendo can actually do to gain 3rd party support short of selling their souls to the Devil. The mentality of most 3rd parties is so firmly entrenched that nothing Nintendo does matters in the long run in regards to their support.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:21 am

I have no clue either. Maybe a console that only contains the pro controller that way it can be sold as a more "traditional" experience so that they can sell their Call of Duties and Battlefields?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:34 am

Darth Luna wrote:I have no clue either. Maybe a console that only contains the pro controller that way it can be sold as a more "traditional" experience so that they can sell their Call of Duties and Battlefields?
They still would not bother; every CoD game ever released on a Nintendo system has always been half assed. Updates are months behind other consoles, DLC is permanently withheld, advertising in non-existent, and no-shits are given in general on Activision's part.

Granted, I suppose they "Might" be willing to port the game if the archtecture of a Nintendo system was identical to that of the XBOX or PS4, but that defeats the point of a game console imo and does not change the underlying problem.

*Rant*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:39 am

Yeah, that's my point, though. Nintendo would have to acclimate to appease what the publishers are already making instead of doing their own thing. You'd just end up with the same console as Sony or MS in that case.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 am

Darth Luna wrote:Yeah, that's my point, though. Nintendo would have to acclimate to appease what the publishers are already making instead of doing their own thing. You'd just end up with the same console as Sony or MS in that case.
Which kinda defeats the point. While I do think Nintendo should make systems more like the XBOX/PS in terms of functionality, they need to keep doing their own thing. I do not want to see stagnation.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:53 am

Yeah, though honestly it should be easy to overcome. If they just made a console with an architecture similar to a pc, just with their own twists, mainly comes into play with the interface(Wiimotes/gamepad) and it would support traditional controls, then they'd be set. As far as hardware specs, I think the fact that it isn't as powerful works a lot against it to the common consumer.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 am

I'm really regretting not being on the jump for the MM limited edition.... I want that statue..... Sad

LegendX48 wrote:

Looks interesting.

Darth Luna wrote:Yeah, though honestly it should be easy to overcome. If they just made a console with an architecture similar to a pc, just with their own twists, mainly comes into play with the interface(Wiimotes/gamepad) and it would support traditional controls, then they'd be set. As far as hardware specs, I think the fact that it isn't as powerful works a lot against it to the common consumer.

I think Luna has the right idea here. As there console is "strong" and can do everything that the other consoles can do pretty much and still have their little Nintendo twist, they would be solid. At that point, third parties would have no other excuse than just retarded Nintendo bias.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:12 am

Big image is big.
GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Rottytops-Key-Art

She's a zombie but... god damn it, she's hot!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:18 am

I'd take her 6 ways to Sunday.

On that note, I am kicking Legend's ass in Wolfenstien :3
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 am

Lies! Also, wut?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:23 am

LegendX48 wrote:Lies! Also, wut?

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 O3VcJ
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 am

GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nhui6fij9f1roolpmo6_400
GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nhuhehTQKL1roolpmo2_400
GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nhui6fij9f1roolpmo5_400
GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nht0q2pRjI1qascq1o1_400

Last edited by -Mazer on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 am

Oh, just you wait >:3
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:28 am

I dare all of you to watch this from start to end
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:37 am

-Mazer wrote:GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nhui6fij9f1roolpmo6_400
GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nhuhehTQKL1roolpmo2_400
GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nhui6fij9f1roolpmo5_400
GenChat VLVII: Mazar is pending for a bending - Page 5 Tumblr_nht0q2pRjI1qascq1o1_400
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 am

-Mazer wrote:

I dare all of you to watch this from start to end

Where have you been? lol, I've seen that a million times.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:25 am

Just now found it...

....Last level of Wolfenstien....
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum