Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official NX Thread

+2
LegendX48
Justin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Official NX Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official NX Thread

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Cybersix wrote:Have heard the rumour that the NX may be a digital only console?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-21-nintendo-nx-leak-suggests-it-wont-include-a-disc-drive-report

I could see this being a Wii U Slim. Also, maybe this is the unit they'll try selling in China since the game market is open there again (digital only to combat the Chinese pirates).
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Cybersix wrote:Have heard the rumour that the NX may be a digital only console?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-21-nintendo-nx-leak-suggests-it-wont-include-a-disc-drive-report

I could see this being a Wii U Slim. Also, maybe this is the unit they'll try selling in China since the game market is open there again (digital only to combat the Chinese pirates).
We can only hope.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:32 am

We got a lot of new juicy NX rumors!
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/04/more-nintendo-nx-rumours-emerge/

My impressions on a lot of them:
With NX, Nintendo wants to create a platform where they can develop software for multiple devices with ease, from the home console to the portable to smartphone and tablets. They’ll have a big catalogue available for multiple platforms, with cross buy, cross saves and cross play, similar to what Microsoft is doing with Xbox One and PC thanks to Windows 10 (that allows to play many Xbox games on PC, which is also getting a bunch of ports from Xbone). Each platform will still have exclusive games
I really wanted each system to have the same games for every platform, but I guess it can't be helped.... I just don't want developers to all support the portable NX and not the home NX.

Also it seems it'll just a unified OS with multiple systems spanning off of it which I think is smart. This pretty much goes in line with what we've been hearing about since the NX has been announced.

NNID is tied to the single device, but it will allow to share details between platforms, like friend list, contents, local coop games, etc. Thanks to the new membership program (the successor of Club Nintendo), we’ll benefit from the new Nintendo policies in terms of rewards
Ummm so does this mean I'll be able to login on my buddies' devices? Obviously I'll be able to link up my portable and home console under the same account, but I'd still like to the option to login into another person's system to still get awards and stuff.

I'm also eager to see what the new reward system will be. Seems like we'll get actual prizes for in game achievements! Woot!

They’ll show the portable in spring 2016, will be out for the end of the year or spring 2017 max. Specs will be higher than PS Vita but nothing mindblowing, screen resolution should be 540p, considering 720p if costs go down. BC with 3DS was problematic
I could see this happening. That would generate a lot of hype and get people on board with the concept. Also I figured the portable NX wouldn't be compatible with 3DS games since the portable NX and home NX are so interlinked, they want the portable NX to be able to be used as a controller. I'm not too bumped about that though. Seems like the portable will be like the Vita/Wii U gamepad.

Wii U successor will not have an optical drive, which will be optional. It will sync with the portable (not obligatory). Specs won’t be super high, but close to PS4/X1 (doesn’t know how much, like with the portable this is still subject to change anyway). Cross games will look better on the home
If it's optional then that's fine. Just give people options. I'll buy the ODD version since you never know when you'll get a physical copy. Every now and then I'll get the physical version, mainly only for limited editions though.

And no duh the games will look better on the home console. I just want as many cross games as possible. You know how awesome it'd be to play the game on TV and then you can just press a button or something and you can then continue the game on the handheld with ease.

And god dammit, it better be on par with the PS4. Make it so it's easy to port games so third parties stop bitching!

Big focus on the OS as well. They hired people that worked for Google on Android, the guys who worked on the Gamecube OS and Wii U browser are there too. Optimized versions of the same OS for every NX platform (think, again, W10), each with its set of specific functions. Updates will come out at the same time, they’re focusing on making the OS blazing fast on every platform
Sounds awesome. Also this explains the Android rumor that was going around (they only have people that worked for Google working on the OS). I think moving forward with an unified OS that constantly gets revisions (like Windows) is a smart option because then Nintendo would never have to really make a new one. They can run every platform in the future off that OS and constantly just keep on updating it.

The home console can connect with the portable to send to it its own version of the games you buy, will use the same tech as the Wii U-Wii U Gamepad streaming to do that, or the internet connection
I hope it's the same tech as the Wii U-Wii U Gamepad streaming so it can by faster.

The home will have bc with the Wii U. Gamepad should be compatible as a controller, considering selling it standalone. Can connect with the portable for offtv and bc. WiiMote compatibility is being considered too. As for support, since the new home won’t have an optical drive, they’re considering an external one. Also being considered NNID/eShop bc for titles bought on the eShop. Seems they’re considering digital games sharing too, but this bit is not perfectly clear
Makes sense. The gamepad should be able to be used and selling it stand alone would be nice as well. And I have an external drive so not a problem for me, but it'd be nice if I could just migrate my external drive to the NX and be able to play the games I have on it on the NX without having to delete them or something.

Also, can they get rid of the digital triggers for the controllers please?

Voice chat and interactions between users will be revisited too, much will depend on the users age though, to protect the minors
Get it done Nintendo, stop fucking around.

They approached third parties during E3. Capcom, Square-Enix, Ubisoft and Electronic Arts already have devkits. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Sonic, F-Zero and Metroid are in development, doesn’t know if these are main episodes or spin offs. Zelda is currently a Wii U only title due to high development costs, but they can reconsider to have another big game at NX launch
Please be true, please be true, please be true! F-Zero and Metroid on launch day would be heaven.

Prices will be low, 200-300€ (for the home?), considering a bundle with both for no more than 500€
Makes sense from what Miyamoto was saying at before. Make it cheap and sell it for a loss if you have too. Bundle would be awesome, but I'll probably buy it separately if the portable comes out earlier  Razz

Many of these things will be discussed in future Nintendo Directs, which will have a different host in every market if Nintendo can’t find a new CEO by october

I really do hope they get an actual CEO soon, but I can deal with Reggie talking to us.

A new 3D Mario will be shown, along with a new Zelda trailer. Retro moved their project on NX, will not be unveiled before 10-18 months
Vague as shit, but I'll take it. And Dammit Retro, just show us a trailer asap. I don't care if I have to wait to the till end of 2017 to play it, just me a trailer! Please not have it be Donkey Kong. I want a new IP or a revival of another franchise.

They’ll talk about a new “Club Nintendo”, which will be in full function with NX
Yessir.

Considering making agreements with phone carriers in order to better manage applications like Miiverse, Club Nintendo and the ability to purchase software by phone. Some of these will be out by March 2016
This needs to happen. They still don't even have a standard miiverse app for smart phones. And can't they have DeNA to work on this stuff?

My most hyped one:
There will be a complete overhaul of online infrastructures, but Nintendo is determined to hold successful operations as Miiverse, extending it even further and making it a central hub for communications by developers and a meeting place for players. It will be even more interactive with the ability to upload videos and screenshots in an integrated system and not dependent on the game

Making Miiverse the central hub to everything. Fucking do it! Make it huge, have it be the starting screen (why not?), have everything work off of Miiverse. And yes, make it so I can upload videos like the PS4 share. And don't make it anywhere as retarded as the new Miiverse update (the new update sucks a massive chode).
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:37 pm

I'd rather not see Ubisoft's broken games on the new system...but I guess it cannot be helped as the idiot masses help determine console sales.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:04 pm

More information on the NX (came out today Surprised ):
http://kotaku.com/report-nintendos-next-platform-nx-is-a-console-handhel-1736904323
http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-begins-distributing-software-kit-for-new-nx-platform-1444996588

It's pretty much confirmed at this point that it's a hybrid/unified OS. So this part makes me happy:

The exact shape of the NX hardware isn’t yet clear. People familiar with the development plans said Nintendo would likely include both a console and at least one mobile unit that could either be used in conjunction with the console or taken on the road for separate use. They also said Nintendo would aim to put industry-leading chips in the NX devices, after criticism that the Wii U’s capabilities didn’t match those of competitors.

Thank the fucking lord! It's about time Nintendo! No more underpowered consoles please.  :rolleyes: I mean, this is coming from third parties that are working with it, so nothing is set in stone, but it seems like Nintendo is on the right path.  :)

It's pretty good seeing this being posted by the Wall Street Journal too since they wouldn't post an article purely based on speculation, they actually got some insider info.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:17 pm

my big question with the NX is what gen will it be considered.... as it's likely the NX will only last until like a year after the ps5 releases and then nintendo will have a console for that gen... so where does this one fit.

also the disk drive thing has me curious if nintendo plans on only have a small amount of games available physically. even if they set up a proper account system I don't trust nintendo at all when it comes to the digital space and would likely just skip the console all together if it was digitally focused.

*pets the FE and zelda SE preorders*
gots to have my pretties.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm not going to lie. These recent NX rumors are not makin me feel good at all. I'm hoping they're all bullshit or they have limited information.

Because if the NX is just a powerful handheld that FoCo up to the TV and it's main audience is going to be smart phone gamers then this is going to be another Wii U.

Nintendo needs to capture the core gamer audience this time around or it'll have terrible press. It'll be dead before even launches.

I thought the NX was going to be a family of systems running on the same OS. Hopefully that's still the case because that'll be awesome.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2