Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NaNoWriMo Thread

2 posters

Go down

The NaNoWriMo Thread Empty The NaNoWriMo Thread

Post by zulux21 Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:27 am

I know it is a few days late to make this thread, but well might as well make one Razz
even if I am the only one in here I figure I might as well post what I am doing lol.

I will warn this story might not make sense, as I am just typing what ever. But I will say it is about a character called Haruka Noienzumi (or perhaps Haruhi Zwetter or Hanako Celderblock or ect...) a jack of all trade Rogue who is destined to become immortal (or so she says) and she lives by the code that she won't die no matter what, while questing for the actual secrets to immortality.

this is loosely based off an old D&D character I ran, but the events will be unique. I'll post a bit tonight, as I can't stay up for that much longer since I have to work. but I am hoping to get to 2 k words in the hour I am writing.

btw, this isn't the rewrite of anahara I was thinking about doing, this is something completely new that i am curious if I can finish it in a month Razz.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

The NaNoWriMo Thread Empty Re: The NaNoWriMo Thread

Post by zulux21 Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:08 am

today's entry written in about 90 min.

Standing tall, about to set out on an adventure to discover the secret of immortality, since it was her destiny to become immortal. She couldn’t help but recall all the things that had brought her to this point. She was born into a decent family, was well educated, but even beyond that showed the ability of great intelligence. She lived a happy life with her family, and they in turn were very warm and supportive of her dragging her to the best scholars they could find in order to help advance her education. They unfortunately did not prepare her to survive on her own, as shortly after her eighth birthday her parents were killed by bandits. She had gotten a good look at them but was unable to do anything but hide. She explained to the local guards what had happened but they would do nothing about it. She went home and just stayed there hoping someone would come to help her but the only person to come was someone who was effectively evicting her from her home since it was now someone else’s property.
Thrown to the streets with merely the clothes on her back and a dagger to protect herself, she had to quickly adjust her life. She was young but smart enough to know that she couldn’t just sit around feeling sorry for herself, she had to do something in order to be able to survive, but she had no idea what. She watched the other people going about their lives. Some picked from the garbage of others and ate bits and pieces that were barely suitable to do so. Others stole from the more fortunate, something she didn’t have the skills to do, yet. She decided she would have to for now eat the garbage even though it made her want to throw up, while she practiced her other skills. For the next two years she got by from scraps while leaving the city to go train and sometimes hunt smaller creatures to have a nice meal. She made friends with some others and often shared with them, and eventually started building a reputation. Once she felt confident about her skills she started to use them in town. Carefully watching over the more fortunate and waiting for a moment where she could make them a little less fortunate.
This continued for a few years until a bit after she was 13 years old. At this point her skills were some of the best in town, and most of the guards knew of her, but had been bribed to look the other way. She never had much interest in taking things much farther than advancing her own skills and providing for herself, but a ghost from her past appeared. It had been 5 years but the man looked the same to her. She could never forget the man who murdered her parents. He approached her and asked her if she would like to team up with him. She merely responded she wasn’t interested and he quickly made it clear it was not a request. She did her best to talk her way out of it, but the man wouldn’t take no for an answer. Since she knew how violent and scary he could be she finally agreed to assist him on some jobs. She would wait until she could get her revenge and then strike.
The jobs she had to do early on were sketchy but not that risky, but a few months after starting work with the scary man there was a mistake and ultimately she ended up killing someone. She was shocked to find that she wasn’t shocked that she killed someone. She had no issues with it, it felt as easy as stealing from someone. It’s when she figured out that she had mostly killed her compassionate side during the last 5 years and no longer really felt anything towards others. She pretended to often with people, but deep down she knew she only did that so she could have support in case something went wrong.
A few more months pass by and the jobs get more and more dangerous, she ends up having to kill more and more people, it came naturally to her. She never would try to go out of her way to take out someone, but if it was between the enemy and herself or a command the enemy would not be left breathing. Ultimately she became complacent in her ways for a while as she was able to learn my rogue secrets that would allow her to reach greater heights.
She eventually decided that on her 15th birthday that she would do the deed. The day came, and the scary man gave her a gift as he had become to see her as a daughter. She smiled and thanked him for the gift and then caught him off guard and stabbed him in the heart. He couldn’t do anything but ask “why.” And with a smile on her face she merely responded “for my family.” And he passed on. After that she took over the gang and lead it for two years. She increased the productivity of the gang by a lot and in that time basically took control of the city. She had figured out that she enjoys using people like puppets or pawns, but had grown bored with this. She was destined for much more and needed to be able to continue on until the end of time.
Without a word she set out to redefine herself, as well as start her quest for immortality. She had heard rumors, but she was sure now, if anyone could find it, it would be her. She left to the nearest other city and picked up a few new tricks there. She knew that murder attracts a lot of attention, and the easiest way to disappear is to first stand out so she decided she would just own it. She spent much of her funds on make up and tools and got into the habit of painting her face completely white with just a little decoration somewhat like a harlequin, started wearing a jester’s outfit at most times, and started working on making people laugh in order to get information out of them.
She would adapt a code of conduct for herself on her journey which would make things entertaining and help her eventually reach her end goal of immortality.
1. Obtain comrades she could trust.  
2. Trust no one not even your comrades.
3. You make up is your war paint, your jester’s outfit your armor, wear both with pride, but always remember they define who you are… so if you are in trouble ditch them and vanish as no one will know what you look like.
4. You should do your best to avoid combat, you aren’t immortal now but you will be one day.
5. You how ever will claim you are immortal but never allow anyone to test it.
6. You will do most jobs that are related to immortality as long as you don’t think they are to far beneath you, as all jobs will be beneath you.
7. You are destined, skilled and intelligent as long as you plan things out well you should be fine.
8. You are immortal you don’t need armor.
9. You are immortal you don’t need a good weapon.
10. Toys in combat are fine though.
She smiles to herself recalling her code of conduct, knowing it can change on a daily basis and looks towards the new town.
“I am Haruka Noienzumi, and today is the first day of the rest of my eternal life.” She chuckles to herself. “I suppose first thing is first though. I need to go into that town and find some amusing people to team up with so that I can actually go become immortal and live for ever.” She starts humming to herself and heads towards the town of Endlebrook, where she would soon meet her future long term companions.

End intro start Chapter 1.
“Can I help you missy?” A guard looked at Haruka, and she just smiles at him.
“I just want to enter town.” The guard looks at her funny.
“are you some sort of an act?”
“not at all, this is just how I always dress, though I can perform an act if you want.” The guard looks around for a bit then smiles.
“sure let’s see what you’ve got.” Haruka giggles a bit and then pulls out 6 daggers and slips something into her mouth. She starts to juggle the daggers and that amuses the guard to no end. She giggles again.
“wait for it.” She bites down onto the object she slipped into her mouth and then takes a deep breath in through her nose and then breaths out from her mouth launching a spray of fire out towards the daggers. The daggers themselves suddenly start on fire and she continues to juggle them for a bit while they are on fire. She then tosses them up high, grabs the bag on her side and opens it, and catches the daggers one by one into the bag. Quickly reaches in and pulls out 6 perfectly finished daggers and the guard just applauds.
“That was awesome mam. You can go in.” She smiles.
“don’t you need to see my papers?” The guard shakes his head.
“Nah, you are clearly too awesome to be evil, go on in.” She laughs and just goes into town a little sad that she didn’t get to test out her newest forged papers. She then thinks to herself.
“Alright, I need to locate information and people who will work under me without complaining. Not just anyone, they have to be interesting people who I find amusing as even while being immortal life is too short to be dragging around boring people.” She figured she would have a good chance to find both if she went to one of the taverns. She starts walking up to random people and asking them where the best place to get a drink it town is and gets two names repeatedly. The Rat’s Hole, which was said to dirty, but the cheapest place to get a drink and they have loads of fun, or The Kolbald’s Keep, a more upstanding place with higher quality stuff and proper entertainment. She thinks to herself “well this is easy.” And gets directions to the Rat’s Hole.
Before even reaching the building she can tell she is near it. The stench of urine permeates  from the alleys, and the excitement from the bar is clear. She notices a freakishly tall Barbarian near the Bar.
“Now now Ryath, we should go to the other bar as this one is way to active for someone like you.” The other, a young beautiful man decked out mostly in blue just pouts.
“But Alala, this one feels more fun, I am sure they will enjoy me testing my wands.”
“You know you aren’t supposed to use those in public areas, we don’t need a repeat of the wand of fireballs.”
“But I might have a wand of ice cream, that would make everyone love me.”
“And you might have a wand of sickness, then no one will love you. We are going to Kolbald’s keep and that is final.”
“Fine.” Haruka giggles softly under her breath. A puppy for me to make fall in love with me and a faithful hound dog that keeps watch over him, this could be fun. Ryath and alala star heading off towards the other bar and Haruka just follows almost skipping. It isn’t long before Alala turns around and glares at Haruka before continue on. Haruka just continues to do exactly what she was and this time Alala turns around and walks over to Haruka.
“Can I help you…” she squints a bit trying to make out if the person who stood in front of her was a male or female. “Miss?”
“Bingo!.” Haruka laughs a bit. “You guessed correctly, and thus you must get a prize. A fun prize, a fabulous price. Hey Johnny what type of prize do we have for her?” She turns her head to the side and in a decent male announcer voice. “Well Haru, we have this partially used mystery wand that could be theirs today if they talk with you for a bit.” She smirks and glances at Ryath who’s eyes are basically sparkling with delight and then to Alala who is far less amused.
“A bribe is a fine start, but you have to know that I won’t fall for such things easily. I may be a Barbarian, but I am not all ‘LALA SMASH, LALA DESTROY.’ Don’t get me wrong I know how to kick some ass, but only when the time calls for it. Which it doesn’t seem to yet, but I have my eye on you, I mean who the hell walks around like a jester?” Alala clenches her fist as she looks at Haruka as Haruka is over by Ryath basically getting him to swat at the wand like a cat would a toy.
“That’s a good boy.”
“Hey stop that.”
Haruka laughs and tosses the wand away and Ryath scampers after it. She turns to Alala.
“Someone who wants to be noticed, who likes to have fun, and who has the confidence to back it up.”
“Huh?”
“You asked who would walk around like a jester. Anyways.” Haruka reaches up and pulls off her Jester Hat revealing short black hair just much like you would a young boys. And then bows a bit. “I am Haruhi Zwetter, you can just call me Haru if you like though or Hana if it’s Thursday.” Alala looks confused for a bit then comes to her senses.
“I am Alala, I am Ryath’s keep and the proudest warrior from my tribe. Though I will admit I didn’t do as much training as I should have, and am not the strongest warrior from my village. That would be Ookbar. But I am by far the smartest, I mean I can speak over 10 different lagunages.”
“That is a lot… for a Barbarian.”
“I know that is true, but you don’t have to say it like that, it’s a lot in general.
“Is it? I always that it was normal I mean…” She trails off between 15 or so different languages, some of which Alala gets some she doesn’t. “I mean they aren’t that hard to pick up. Alala while clearly flustered calmly asks.
“so what do you want?”
“I want you, well more him, but you are a fine add on.”
“Add on, what in the hell are you talking about?”
“I strive to keep interesting company, an intelligent Barb, that’s amusing, kind of cute, and worth keeping around, but not worth going after if it was the only prize.” Haruka points over to Ryath. “That on the other hand is a top prize. He is adorable, amusing, and apparently loves random wands, which chaos. That’s my wheelhouse. I just love it. Thus I have to ask, what are you two up to?” Alalala calms herself down.
“We are here looking for work, and perhaps another party member or two.”
“Well you can count on me.”
“You don’t even know what type of work we are gonna do.” Haruka smiles and tosses another wand towards Ryath.
“doesn’t matter, I only really deal with that which interests me. I don’t have any leads for what I want right now anyways, and as an immortal I’d rather spend my time having fun instead of doing boring things.
“an immortal?”
“oh yeah, I did just say that didn’t I? don’t worry about it.”
“Are you saying that you can’t die?”
“I am saying that I will live forever, there is a difference but you need not worry about it. Come on what do you say, lets go have some fun, lets do a random quest to get some money and then we can maybe try looking into something for me. I’ll even let you be in charge of splitting the loot.”
“I can’t just let someone join us so easily, especially someone who looks like they belong in court as a jester not on the battlefield.” Ryath runs up to Alala and gives her big puppy dog eyes.
“Oh can’t we go with her, she is fun and gives me gifts and I want to go with her.” Alalala  sighs.
“Fine, we can give it a try, but I would like one more party member.” Haruka perks up.
“Oh I think I can help with that. I know I said I didn’t have any leads, but I didn’t pick this town for nothing, there was one thing I had heard. That there lives a sentient robot here. I would love to find him and see if he wants to go with as I think I could have some fun with him.” Ryath jumps up and down.
“Can we can we.” Alala sighs.
“Fine.” And with that the start of the party was formed and set off to try to find the rumored robot.
End chapter 1.

edit: that is right this forum hates editing stuff. oh well I will remember to double space between paragraphs from here on out.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:49 am

You ain't the only one that's posting here :p

anywho, got to 1,185 words last night, hoping to try and catch up to today's benchmark which is 8,335 words.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:03 pm

LegendX48 wrote:You ain't the only one that's posting here :p

anywho, got to 1,185 words last night, hoping to try and catch up to today's benchmark which is 8,335 words.

I look forward to reading your amazing work of art while you can read my drivel Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm

zulux21 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:You ain't the only one that's posting here :p

I look forward to reading your amazing work of art while you can read my drivel Razz
pfft, my stuff is all improperly formatted and terrible.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:35 pm

4,011 words now. Much better but not quite there as today's benchmark is 8,333, give or take a couple hundred.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:12 am

LegendX48 wrote:4,011 words now. Much better but not quite there as today's benchmark is 8,333, give or take a couple hundred.
I likely won't write today, but instead outline lol.

I actually wrote a rough outline yesterday but alas when I went to restart my computer I hit don't save on the outline and lost it Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 am

subject to change but rough outline for the story

Outline.

Discover rob, convince owner to let rob come with.

Random simple dungeon adventure. A couple rooms, with a chest at the end, Haruka has to use things in odd ways to get across a gap.

Return and report rob’s status, have him get upgrated with more emotions.

Second dungeon where rob gets turned human by the end

Scene with Haruka going take your knife, put it into your hand. This is called pain and is what you have been doing to everything else where rob breaks down crying and leaves the party.

Go off to do a random info hunt but get summoned to a higher plain and explained that the end of days is coming and that the party is needed to save the world. Haruka attempts to get info about why they can’t do it if they are so powerful, why do they need peons but can’t get an answer and ultimately goes with it anyways.

Haruka will be annoyed and show no respect as she doesn’t want to deal with it until they promise immortality for her help, Even then she explains that if there appears to be a better path she will take that instead.

Get sent on the first divine mission in order to stop a necromancer from summoning great evil, debate about making it kaltz and letting him hijack the story a bit lol, nah lets do that.

Kaltz has a lead on where to obtain secrets of immortality. Despite the divine direction Haruka and group go after that. It’s located in a library with a lot of lore about the history of the world, and ultimately they do discover a way for someone to become immortal but it comes at a great price and the person would no longer be who they are, a price Haruka won’t pay.

Get forcibly teleported to the next thing, a relic that they have to destroy. Haruka complains, but ultimately they go through a complicated dungeon with a lot of logic puzzles, yay logic puzzle writing, and destroy the artifact triggering a chain of events.

It comes to pass that the party was working with the dark gods and that they couldn’t do anything because they were protected. The necromancer kaltz was actually, unknown to him, keeping world balance with his antics and they couldn’t even go after the relic until after he stopped playing with things as it was warping the area around the relic to much. Haruka doesn’t care to much that they are evil until they explain that they will hold up their end, grant her her immortality only to let her watch the end of days.

Now actually immortal, but not all powerful, she works with the party to try to come up with a counter measure to the end of days. It isn’t worth living past the end of days if there aren’t toys to amuse herself with, it was just be a dreadful experience that she needs to stop. The party is again divine summoned but by actual gods of good. They first threaten the group for what they have done but that quickly subsides as they know they were just used as pawns and that they need them now. The only ones that can stop the chain of events now are those who triggered them, and the reason the other gods didn’t kill off the party is because there is a chance everything will cease to be if the key to destruction is destroyed, something all of the gods want to avoid. The party would need to go through a test of character to reach a divine area to restart the balance of power, and Haruka was the key. If she falters towards evil the world will continue to be destroyed as it is. If she flows towards good then it should be restored. Haruka is basically an enity of pure chaos at this point though, neither good nor evil, but merely living for amusement, it’s a test that will have to be clear and bring up more details about her past, ultimately leaning her towards the side of good.

Ultiimately the party manages to restore balance and while the evil gods summon the party again the most they can do is empty threats as the party has gotten diving protecting from them. Haruka still immortal has a decision to make, and figures there is always time to do other things, and decides hanging out with this party isn’t so bad, if they wanted to keep adventuring they could. She is immortal now and can’t die, but that doesn’t mean she has real power to change anything and thus could always use more exp.

Fin story, early estimated length around 75k words. Ending allows for a sequel with a party of misfits being led by the immortal Haruka who is crafty but not all that powerful.

which should easily cover the 50k words especially if I get goofy with logic puzzles like I am prone to doing Razz
and it sets up a possible sequel since this is actually a rough version of what could be the basis for a web comic for my wife to draw lol.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Man, I don't know if I'll be able to get anywhere near today's 10k benchmark. Right now I just want a nap more than anything.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:31 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Man, I don't know if I'll be able to get anywhere near today's 10k benchmark. Right now I just want a nap more than anything.
the day is young, nap and then work Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 pm

zulux21 wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Man, I don't know if I'll be able to get anywhere near today's 10k benchmark. Right now I just want a nap more than anything.
the day is young, nap and then work Razz
if the day was 15 more hours then I'd be on the "maybe I can" side of the line. It's my older brother's birthday and I still need to set a 3 hour window aside for exercise... there's very little time to write unless I pull an all nighter.

edit: on the flip side, I'm at 5k words now. Just need another 5k before night to catch up...
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:11 am

10k words achieved!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Everything everywhere is distracting me today, especially myself. So close to hitting the benchmark and being on time too but I just wanna not work on this @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Aw yeah, all caught up with today's 13, 381 word count!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:40 pm

at 17,157 words today!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:24 pm

20,028 words, baby!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:32 am

28,401 words! Only need to pad out the next 11.6k before shit can finally start hitting the fan @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:43 am

The plan was simple, gather information, Alala took it upon herself to get the information needed and Haruka agreed figuring either it would be funny to watch or would result in getting the information she wanted. After about an hour Alala gets nowhere and Haruka just laughs.

“Having troubles Alala?”
“Like you could do better.”
“Of course I can, I am not just a pretty face you know.” Alala scoffs and gives Haruka an odd look.
“Pretty face? Do you actually have a face, it just seems to be a layer of make up.”
“well it is, it actually takes a lot of effort to maintain, but alas everyone likes a jester, and it’s great to keep my real face hidden. I actually use enough make up that I can use a mending wand to fix it though, which is a plus.”
“Congradulations? Anyways I am the best from my tribe at obtaining information, I doubt you can find out anything.”
“Ah, well you were just running around asking people who likely didn’t want to deal with you. You might be the best in your tribe, but well I am of course the best in the world.” Alala just glares as Haruka.
“Of course you are, well please master show me how to do this.”
“Nah lets make it interesting, I’ll give myself an hour to get a promising lead, if I do you will have to do one thing that I say without arguing. Obvious limitations apply, I won’t command you to do anything like kill someone, or hurt someone or hand me your stuff etcetera. It will likely be something you won’t want to do but not anything that will make you have issues sleeping at night.”
“Fine, but if you don’t find information you will give me 100 gold and do something I say no questions asked. Same terms as yours.” Haruka laughs.
“Deal.” Haruka reaches her hand out and shakes hands with alala to confirm the deal. Haruka walks down the street a bit to a more open area and then cups her hands in front of her face.
“Listen, listen, who wants a free show?” A few people turn and look at Haruka but most ignore her. She smiles runs her hand past her mouth and then leans her head back. She then brings her hand up opens her mouth and starts to breathe out, snapping her fingers as she does causing a spark to ignite the liquid she had in her mouth causing her to breath a huge jet of fire catching many people off guard and causing some people to come closer.
“So I know I look like a bit of a joke, but alas my jokes are pretty bad. I am far more of the mocking type and not joking type, but todays show won’t involve any mocking at all, free mocking may be provided after the show though.” She laughs haughtily and then reaches to her side and pulls out five daggers. She then reaches in her pack and pulls out a loaf of bread and quickly uses each of the daggers to cut off a piece of bread in order to prove they are sharp.
“Sharp pointy, great for slicing or dicing or removing fingers if I mess up. But that is not all today folks.” She pulls out a black piece of cloth and signals to a guy who was standing nearby. “Now you have never met me before right?”
“I have not.” She smiles and reaches up and puts the cloth in front of his eyes, causing him to tense up.
“and you can not see right now correct?”
“I can not.”
“Thank you, now please take this cloth and tie it around my eyes and make sure I can’t see at all.” The man does as told and ties the cloth around her eyes like a blind fold.
“I am now blind, have 5 very real daggers, and am of course going to juggle these but oh that isn’t fun enough is it?” The crowd looks puzzled but starts getting into it.
“No?”
“It’s not dangerous enough now is it?”
“No!”
“We could use more danger, and what is more dangerous than fire.” While Haruka can’t see it she has done this trick enough to know the crowd is starting to get excited to see what is going on. “Now there are two places I could light up, either the blade, or the handle, obviously this trick would be safer for me if the blade was on fire instead of the handle as I was likely just going to juggle the daggers by the handle safely anyways so what do you say should I light the handle or blade on fire?” There is a pause but eventually a single person yells out handle, and then the crowd starts chanting handle, handle, handle. Alala meanwhile is amused at this production figuring that Haruka is mostly talk.
Haruka moves all of the daggers to one hand, reaches with her other hand to an oil, and then quickly rubs the oil on the handle of each dagger. She chuckles slightly, “This is starting to feel dangerous, but still quite doable, I’ll leave a little twist for the end. Though in case I mess this up…” She reaches in her bag again and pulls out a small flask. “Cheers.” And drinks it. She then flips the daggers around to hold the blade, snaps her right hand to light them on fire and starts to juggle them with great skill. You can hear some amusment from the crowd as it was an impressive feat, after a bit though Haruka unleashed her twist. She first throws the daggers up higher to give herself more time between each dagger and then after she gets that settled in she quickly starts spitting on her hand each time she catches one causing the whole dagger to catch on fire as she actually grabbed more flame oil, and quickly runs her hand on her side to put out her hand.. Within 5 tosses all of the daggers are fully on fire and Haruka kicks it into a new gear. There was no special trick this was all pure skill. She had to be quick enough to get the dagger in and out of her hand before the first could burn her, and also repeatedly put out her hand for a while until she could get enough oil off that it didn’t burn. She continued this for a while slowly making the arc of the daggers smaller and smaller going faster and faster until she tossed all 5 daggers really high into the air, she then quickly backflipped to a near by wall, flipped again off of it, landed on the ground with a bow as the daggers all landed right next to he, blade first the handle still burning, two of them close enough to cut off the blind fold and have it drop onto the ground allowing her to look at the greatly amused crowd. The crowd cheers for a bit as they had never seen a show quite like that and some even throw some money at her.
“Hey, Hey! While I appreciate your generosity I said this was a free show.” The crowd laughs a bit. “Though if someone knows where a crazy creator lives that would be wonderful information.” One of the crowd pipes up.
“Oh you must be talking about Gregory, he lives just outside of the town to the east. We made him move out there because he kept blowing stuff up with his crazy machines.”
“That sounds like the guy I am looking for.” Haruka smiles and runs her left hand up from her check to her temple and then bows, and picks up her now burnt out daggers and then looks at alala. “And that is how you get information.” Alala tries to say something, bringing her hands up and then just throws them up in the air and smiles.
“I guess you do have some skills.”
“Well of course I do, I am the great Haru.” Riath, who had greatly enjoyed the show wonders up to Haruka and then pokes her left temple causing Haruka to step away from him. “What are you doing.” Riath smiles with such gentleness it almost unnerves Haruka.
“I loved the show, I really did, it was amazing, but you cut it a little close at the end didn’t you?”
“What are you talking about, it went perfectly?” Riath lifts up the finger that he poked her with and shows her that the tip of his finger is red.
“It’s amazing that you didn’t lie at all, those blades were sharp and you really couldn’t see could you. As I said it was an amazing show. Oh and don’t worry, blood won’t let me grow up to be big and strong so you have no worries about me stealing it like a vampire.” Riath raises his hands and does a graa sound while hunching in like you would while imitating a vampire. Alala just laughs. Haruka thinks to herself that she thought she hid that the dagger nicked her, but perhaps the pretty blue boy wasn’t as much of an idiot as he first seemed to be.
“Anyways we have the information we need. Shall we go and meet Gregory and see what he is made of.” Riath laughs.
“He is likely bone and flesh like most humans, what a silly thing to check.”
“Riath, she is merely using a slang term, she doesn’t mean to literally check to see what he is made of.”
“Oh that makes more sense, humans are so funny sometimes.”
“like you have room to talk.” It had never occurred to Haruka that Riath might not be human, but she supposed that would explain the blue hair to go with the blue clothes. She just figured he liked the color blue.
“Hey Riath are you human?”
“Are you? I mean you are hiding your face under so much gunk, I have no clue how your skin even breaths, anyways don’t we have to go to that Gregory person? You think he will have fun toys to play with, I mean your show was great but playing with new things are great too. I heard he exploded things, do you think he explodes things on purpose, do you think he does it by magic, do you think he did it like I did at that tavern a few towns back. I was so sure that it was a wand of turn water into wine and I was gonna help that poor guy with his speech problems by giving him more wine but instead the glass exploded. Still don’t know why he was mad, his hair looked amazing all frizzy like that.” Riath reaches up to his own hair and plays with it a bit. “I bet I would look like a mighty warrior with frizzy hair Alala should I blow up my hair to look amazing?” Haruka is just taken aback by this and can’t figure out if this is legitimate or if he is screwing with her but Alala merely mutters the name Gregory to Riath and they head on out to the east side of town.

end chapter 2
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 pm

that moment when an action scene just appears completely from out of nowhere in a story about a woman coping with the loss of her mother........ welp, that happened...

at 41k words currently as well. It is time for this story to conclude!

edit: done for the day at 43,019 words! Onward to victory tomorrow, hopefully!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:04 pm

49k, so close I can taste it!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down