Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty

+8
TensePsychopath
smirkytrick
Hugh Mungus
zulux21
Koenig
Lunacy
Justin
Cybersix
12 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 21 Empty Re: General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:53 pm

After 15 years I am changing my Mazer novels for the first time...

My new story:

The Hades Initiative: A program that seeks out the "Talented"; people with unusual abilities that the government wishes to study, harness, and exploit.

The experiments were going well until some of the subjects went rogue. As such, they liquefied the program - eliminating those they experimented on. Only a few survived unbeknownst to those in charge.

15 years later: One of the subjects, Mazer, is now a Mercenary for hire. He is partnered up with former military sniper Galuaf Winchester and together they are considered the most dangerous Mercenaries who have ever lived. After completing their newest assignment, they are sent overseas to hunt down an assassin.

It turns out that the assassin is one of the survivors of the Hades Initiative. Mazer has a momentary lapse of conscience as he knows the survivors are few and far between but as the assassin grows more and more unstable, he is forced to take the mission.

Mazer's ability is the power to control Magic. He can harness energy around him and manipulate it for short periods of time including Electricity, Fire, and Darkness. However, whenever he uses his powers, he loses a bit of his sanity. His insanity is linked to his sociopathic tendencies and his inability to separate the past from the present (I.E. he has "living" flashbacks where he forgets where he is).

He generally wears a tight shirt, trenchcoat to hide his weapons, and slacks but when in a serious fight he wears full body armor including a Demonic Wolf Mask that came from the Initiative.

His weapons of choice are two short swords though he has extensive training with throwing weapons and small arms.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 21 Empty Re: General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 pm

@ Mazer
That reminds me, di you check out the game thread?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:16 pm

-Mazer wrote:After I beat Dishonored and work on Paper Mario...I think I'll work on Red Steel 2 :3
Tis a good game, just tragically short. It makes me really sad that no Star Wars games made use of Wii motion + like RS2 2, as it is the only game to do it right that I played on the system.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:26 pm

is that reply button thingy on tumblr posts new? I can't tell
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Meh, new or old, I'm using it on a certain post.

*writes reply to post saying the poster has stink and have bad art. Tells them they don't suck and neither does their art*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

I downloaded it, Smirk ^_^
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:07 pm

Yay!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:53 pm

thinking over the past few Fridays at my job, I'm starting to feel like a huge dick cause of constantly giving this girl low grades on her binders because of a personal rule on a single aspect of her cornell notes (3 sentence minimum for summaries) that I don't think my coworkers do when they check other kids binders.

I think I'm just gonna abandon this rule cause this same girl would be getting great grades if it weren't for me :\

I mean, when even the 4.0 kids who have an incredibly strong track record and never drop the ball do sub 3 sentence summaries, I think I'm the problem.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 pm

-Mazer wrote:After 15 years I am changing my Mazer novels for the first time...

My new story:

The Hades Initiative: A program that seeks out the "Talented"; people with unusual abilities that the government wishes to study, harness, and exploit.

The experiments were going well until some of the subjects went rogue. As such, they liquefied the program - eliminating those they experimented on. Only a few survived unbeknownst to those in charge.

15 years later: One of the subjects, Mazer, is now a Mercenary for hire. He is partnered up with former military sniper Galuaf Winchester and together they are considered the most dangerous Mercenaries who have ever lived. After completing their newest assignment, they are sent overseas to hunt down an assassin.

It turns out that the assassin is one of the survivors of the Hades Initiative. Mazer has a momentary lapse of conscience as he knows the survivors are few and far between but as the assassin grows more and more unstable, he is forced to take the mission.

Mazer's ability is the power to control Magic. He can harness energy around him and manipulate it for short periods of time including Electricity, Fire, and Darkness. However, whenever he uses his powers, he loses a bit of his sanity. His insanity is linked to his sociopathic tendencies and his inability to separate the past from the present (I.E. he has "living" flashbacks where he forgets where he is).

He generally wears a tight shirt, trenchcoat to hide his weapons, and slacks but when in a serious fight he wears full body armor including a Demonic Wolf Mask that came from the Initiative.

His weapons of choice are two short swords though he has extensive training with throwing weapons and small arms.

that is right, you are a writer. you would make a decent test subject to explode the brain of with bad formatting and editing some day Razz

LegendX48 wrote:thinking over the past few Fridays at my job, I'm starting to feel like a huge dick cause of constantly giving this girl low grades on her binders because of a personal rule on a single aspect of her cornell notes (3 sentence minimum for summaries) that I don't think my coworkers do when they check other kids binders.

I think I'm just gonna abandon this rule cause this same girl would be getting great grades if it weren't for me :\

I mean, when even the 4.0 kids who have an incredibly strong track record and never drop the ball do sub 3 sentence summaries, I think I'm the problem.
Is there a good reason why she isn't doing 3 sentence things? I mean it really isn't that hard to make three sentences. I did it just asking a question here Razz.

but yeah if there is a good reason or if no one is doing it perhaps it is time to drop it, but at the same time if we lower standards kids will just keep getting dumber and dumber like they are :/
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:59 pm

She's a smart kid though, most of that particular class is the smart kids lol
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:07 am

LegendX48 wrote:She's a smart kid though, most of that particular class is the smart kids lol
she can't be that smart if she can't count to three

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 am

I personally wouldn't drop it. She needs to learn to do the job properly.

I give some of my shippers a pass if it is their first issue but if they do it again, I start returning their shyt. If they keep doing it, I realize the are just ignoring the rules or hoping I keep passing them. That's when I take it up with our account reps.

Why would you drop the rules of the assignment just because she cannot formulate 3 sentences? That's not dumb, or ignorant, or even struggling; that's pure laziness.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:22 am

I mean, what kind of example are you setting if you drop the rule just because she cannot take a hint?

If I kept screwing up something very simple at my work, my boss is not going to just go "Oh, well, Mazer doesn't seem to be able to handle this. Let's just drop the rule. He's a great worker otherwise."

No. My ass would be written up in a second. *grumble grumble
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:18 pm

So I am torn on how I want a character to look. I have decided one of the fighters in my stories tournament arc is going to be a young girl of age 15 or so in a gothic lolita get up. I just need to figure out which character design I want to model it after.

anyways. how this girl will work is since tools aren't allowed in the fights the first thing she will do will be create an umbrella out of water to complete her gothic lolita look. From there water will start to pool on the tips where they will start to fall and as they hit the ground they will spring to life as small slime like creatures that she will then use to fight the enemy by having them merge into bigger slime like creatures that will hop around and pounce on the enemy.

From there if the enemy is decent and it seems like they are failing, the slimes will break apart into small creatures again and sprout spiderlike legs and swarm the enemy attempting to crawl up the enemy and force their way into their nose and throat to effectively suffocate them.

I am leaning towards her personality being very calm and quiet while they are in slime mode, but when she switches to the spider mode she becomes much more vocal and violent. That is just the first round of stuff she can do, I have more abilities planned for her in the second round, including but not limited to the ability to create a water golem she can hide inside of and go around attack with a large monster.

so the question is... which of the follow should the base girl look like

A.
General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 21 BfXeVg4

B.
General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 21 RerTtul

or
C.
General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 21 YINnU8L

I am kind of leaning towards a more standard beauty when she is calm (kind of looks like a doll with either brown or black hair) that looks a lot more like C when she finally goes into psycho mode but I am undecided.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:58 pm

I agree tbh. The whole "innocent and doll like" then transforming into that piercing stare in the 3rd photo would really be seen as quite disturbing.

Btw guys; we really need to start cross promoting each other more.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:23 pm

-Mazer wrote:I agree tbh. The whole "innocent and doll like" then transforming into that piercing stare in the 3rd photo would really be seen as quite disturbing.

Btw guys; we really need to start cross promoting each other more.
that is kind of the point Razz
the character would be on offshoot of an yandere type

plus, the powers in my story are from demon blood (naturally) running in people's bodies and high level users start taking on demonic traits and some can full on transform into demons.

though to be fair I figured water spiders being used to suffocate someone would be more disturbing Razz

in other thoughts... this almost looks watchable o.O
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 pm

I see Adam Sandler, I vote down.

Know what looks sorta watchable? Angry Birds.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:07 pm

-Mazer wrote:I see Adam Sandler, I vote down.

Know what looks sorta watchable? Angry Birds.
General Chat 12: It's 2016 with games aplenty  - Page 21 9t1kgirmqjxg
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:07 pm

-Mazer wrote:I personally wouldn't drop it. She needs to learn to do the job properly.

I give some of my shippers a pass if it is their first issue but if they do it again, I start returning their shyt. If they keep doing it, I realize the are just ignoring the rules or hoping I keep passing them. That's when I take it up with our account reps.

Why would you drop the rules of the assignment just because she cannot formulate 3 sentences? That's not dumb, or ignorant, or even struggling;  that's pure laziness.
but its something that I'm doing that I honestly kinda just started doing completely out of the blue, but just me, not my coworkers.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:19 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:I personally wouldn't drop it. She needs to learn to do the job properly.

Why would you drop the rules of the assignment just because she cannot formulate 3 sentences? That's not dumb, or ignorant, or even struggling;  that's pure laziness.
but its something that I'm doing that I honestly kinda just started doing completely out of the blue, but just me, not my coworkers.

Did you explain the rules, do the students know the rules? Have you brought this up to her in the past?

@ Zulu
Razz Angry birds is still better than anything Adam Sandler shats out
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:22 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

Did you explain the rules, do the students know the rules? Have you brought this up to her in the past?

@ Zulu
I have brought it up but it occurred to me that the previous year we taught them 2-3 sentences, plus she seems like one of those hyper shy kids that just sit and take it :\

but like I said before, when even the 4.0 kids do sub 3 sentence summaries, I think it's just me being strict which is odd cause I used to be the lax one when it came to binder checks
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Unrelated

LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

@ Zulu
I have brought it up but it occurred to me that the previous year we taught them 2-3 sentences, plus she seems like one of those hyper shy kids that just sit and take it :\

but like I said before, when even the 4.0 kids do sub 3 sentence summaries, I think it's just me being strict which is odd cause I used to be the lax one when it came to binder checks

I stand by my arguments. I feel by letting her slide you are cheating her from both the real world results and the other students who actually do more than what she is doing. I am not one who ever tolerates people being given a pass because of their laziness - and yes I am calling her lazy because most kids, even some with special needs, can at LEAST create 3 sentences.

Sentences consisting of at least 5 words, 3 times = 15 words. That's not difficult at all.

I was a hyper shy kid and I still was able to get my homework done properly.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:09 pm

-Mazer wrote:
@ Zulu
happy gilmore is better than a million chances at angry birds could ever be Razz

the trailer for angry birds just looked bad... really bad.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Happy Gilmore is back when he was actually funny.

And the trailer doesn't look bad. It's no where near as horrible as Secret lives of Pets.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next