Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XV: A Whole New Chat

+8
-Mazer
zulux21
Justin
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
ColumbianLoom
Bearhugger29
Hugh Mungus
12 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Gen Chat XV: A Whole New Chat - Page 40 Empty Re: Gen Chat XV: A Whole New Chat

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:36 am

if anyone cares... my aoty 2016 list http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227365136&postcount=50

for now Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:56 pm

zulux21 wrote:if anyone cares... my aoty 2016 list http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227365136&postcount=50

for now Razz
I really enjoyed Re:Zero, although I initially hated the main character for being overly aloof.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Super long wall of text incoming!

and Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin completed!

Overall, good but a bit of a step down from the first. The constant health reduction on death is aggravating and serves as nothing more than a "FUCK YOU" from the developers. Losing souls is already punishment, cutting your health down is just cruel, especially in the early game when you have very little. If this had been a staple feature of the entire series, my opinion would be different, but DS1 doesn't have it so why? Because Demon's had it? They likely got rid of that mechanic for a reason and the B-team wasn't aware.

There's also something about the stamina in this game that really bugged me. It depletes extremely quickly, takes a while to recover, even with the chloranthy +1 ring and hits a skill point (soft) cap really early. The way using a bow was altered bugged me a bit but is manageable, but I really, really hated how sprinting felt changed for the sake of changing things. If I remember right, in DS1 if you use up all stamina, as it recovers you can just roll and then start sprinting again instantly. In here you had to wait for you character to exit the "I'm too tired" phase that seems to last up to what feels like 8 seconds. 8 seconds of waiting for your character to get over him/herself to start sprinting again when there's a horde of bizarrely strong chumps behind you is a death sentence.

That raises another issue. There are bosses with minions which (objectively) is shit tier design (that's beside the point), but why do their minions do boss level damage to you? Like, what? Who designed this and thought, "yep, that's good?" If they did typical enemy damage then fine, whatever, but damage comparable to boss itself? That's poor design and just grating.

NPC invasions are fucking HORRID, PUTRID, GARBAGE! What on earth were they thinking? That this is cool and neat? It's not, it discourages exploration and is yet another "FUCK YOU" from the devs that pops up every time you're enjoying yourself and making progress and then there's the white npc invaders that try to fool you into thinking they're not enemies, even doing friendly emotes once you spot them, but they are.

Weapon degradation being tied to framerate is just a straight blunder on the developer side. Like, again, why? It makes zero sense. Soul Memory is the dumbest shit ever. It only does one thing, guarantee that you will never be summoned and that you will rarely, RARELY, if ever, see other players summon signs. Just, *AVGN voice* What were they thinking!?

The core DLC stuff was pretty cool, each one was pretty short but fun. The optional bosses themselves weren't bad either, the boss runs, on the other hand, can go fuck themselves with a rusted iron pike. The Frigid Outskirts especially where you're totally blind and have to run across a very large map. For contrast, the boss runs for the first two dlcs are pretty damn short, like really short, like a minute or two max to reach the boss door vs the frigid outskirts which feels about 1/3 the size of Eleum Loyce in it's entirety. Just... it needs to fuck off into space. Get fucked, boss runs! Those reindeer can go eat shit!

Strangely enough, of the four souls games I've played (Bloodborne I'm counting as a Souls game cause it's a souls game), DS2 has the best character creator in that I was able to make a character that didn't look like a weird deformed, derp faced person. They look pretty good.

Anyway, this is like a 8/10 game vs DS1's 9-9.5/10 game. A clear step down with some puzzling and bizarre design decisions. That and the two best friends playthrough pointed out that the geography of Drangleic makes no sense. Iron Keep is on top of Earthen Peak... Iron Keep is on top of Earthen Peak. On top of Earthen Peak's windmills. How?

edit: I will add more to this as I think of/remember it.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Koenig wrote:
zulux21 wrote:if anyone cares... my aoty 2016 list http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227365136&postcount=50

for now Razz
I really enjoyed Re:Zero, although I initially hated the main character for being overly aloof.
I can get that... I can also get why the writer started him that way given what goes down in the series. Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:39 pm

zulux21 wrote:
Koenig wrote:

for now Razz
I can get that... I can also get why the writer started him that way given what goes down in the series. Razz
Don't get me wrong, once he started taking things seriously I began to really like him. I know that his initial aloof nature was supposed to contrast the more serious moments in the series and help portray character growth; I just feel that he was too detached at the start of the show, which made it difficult for me to be invested initially.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:12 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Well here are the MP games I got:

PC:
Saints row 3, 4 and Gat
Team Fortress
Orion Prelude (My personal favorite tbh)
DEPTH
Terreria
MineCraft
Elder Scrolls Online

PS4:
Elder Scrolls Online
Terreria
Soon to own: Injustice 2

Wiiu:
Splatoon
Smash
Minecraft
Isn't Goat Simulator a multiplayer game as well?

Maaaaaybe?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:16 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Super long wall of text incoming!

and Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin completed!

Overall, good but a bit of a step down from the first. The constant health reduction on death is aggravating and serves as nothing more than a "FUCK YOU" from the developers. Losing souls is already punishment, cutting your health down is just cruel, especially in the early game when you have very little. If this had been a staple feature of the entire series, my opinion would be different, but DS1 doesn't have it so why? Because Demon's had it? They likely got rid of that mechanic for a reason and the B-team wasn't aware.

There's also something about the stamina in this game that really bugged me. It depletes extremely quickly, takes a while to recover, even with the chloranthy +1 ring and hits a skill point (soft) cap really early. The way using a bow was altered bugged me a bit but is manageable, but I really, really hated how sprinting felt changed for the sake of changing things. If I remember right, in DS1 if you use up all stamina, as it recovers you can just roll and then start sprinting again instantly. In here you had to wait for you character to exit the "I'm too tired" phase that seems to last up to what feels like 8 seconds. 8 seconds of waiting for your character to get over him/herself to start sprinting again when there's a horde of bizarrely strong chumps behind you is a death sentence.

That raises another issue. There are bosses with minions which (objectively) is shit tier design (that's beside the point), but why do their minions do boss level damage to you? Like, what? Who designed this and thought, "yep, that's good?" If they did typical enemy damage then fine, whatever, but damage comparable to boss itself? That's poor design and just grating.

NPC invasions are fucking HORRID, PUTRID, GARBAGE! What on earth were they thinking? That this is cool and neat? It's not, it discourages exploration and is yet another "FUCK YOU" from the devs that pops up every time you're enjoying yourself and making progress and then there's the white npc invaders that try to fool you into thinking they're not enemies, even doing friendly emotes once you spot them, but they are.

Weapon degradation being tied to framerate is just a straight blunder on the developer side. Like, again, why? It makes zero sense. Soul Memory is the dumbest shit ever. It only does one thing, guarantee that you will never be summoned and that you will rarely, RARELY, if ever, see other players summon signs. Just, *AVGN voice* What were they thinking!?

The core DLC stuff was pretty cool, each one was pretty short but fun. The optional bosses themselves weren't bad either, the boss runs, on the other hand, can go fuck themselves with a rusted iron pike. The Frigid Outskirts especially where you're totally blind and have to run across a very large map. For contrast, the boss runs for the first two dlcs are pretty damn short, like really short, like a minute or two max to reach the boss door vs the frigid outskirts which feels about 1/3 the size of Eleum Loyce in it's entirety. Just... it needs to fuck off into space. Get fucked, boss runs! Those reindeer can go eat shit!

Strangely enough, of the four souls games I've played (Bloodborne I'm counting as a Souls game cause it's a souls game), DS2 has the best character creator in that I was able to make a character that didn't look like a weird deformed, derp faced person. They look pretty good.

Anyway, this is like a 8/10 game vs DS1's 9-9.5/10 game. A clear step down with some puzzling and bizarre design decisions. That and the two best friends playthrough pointed out that the geography of Drangleic makes no sense. Iron Keep is on top of Earthen Peak... Iron Keep is on top of Earthen Peak. On top of Earthen Peak's windmills. How?

edit: I will add more to this as I think of/remember it.

I broadly agree with everything you said. DS2 isn't a bad game but it's a clear step down from DS1 in so many ways.

If you really wanna go in-depth I highly recommend this video.

It's a little long but so worth watching. It's an absolutely fantastic critique that really gets into both the big and small flaws of the game that make it a lesser experience.

Last edited by TensePsychopath on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:22 pm

I want more youtube subscribers Sad You all should subscribe and like! Help my videos get seen more Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:30 pm

-Mazer wrote:I want more youtube subscribers Sad You all should subscribe and like! Help my videos get seen more Very Happy

throw me a link baby boy
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 am

-Mazer wrote:I want more youtube subscribers Sad You all should subscribe and like! Help my videos get seen more Very Happy

I feel like I should at some point work with you on something... or merely create something and give it to you.

as it stands I need to get a web cam for one of my ideas... as otherwise I can't record a dragon review Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Mazer!!! I have defeated your high score in flappy goat!!! Very Happy
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:32 pm

*Plays Dark Souls 3*

This feels so much like Bloodborne, it's nuts. Unfortunately, the pc port isn't the best. It's fair, not even close to DS1's putrid garbage port job but not close to how fucking good the pc port of DS2 is. DS2's performance is godlike.

DS3's port seems fair, lowering/raising settings is a bit hard to notice (always odd when it's like that). The real issue is intermittent stuttering and random second long freezes that are unpredictable. Other than that, everything's peachy.

Now if only my Xbone controller wouldn't lag like shit over bluetooth
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:04 am

You can't connect it with a cord?
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:36 am

Cybersix wrote:You can't connect it with a cord?
I can now that I found one. I've been trying to figure out the lag issue though cause it's with all games, my PS4 controller too. Laggy bluetooth
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Gen Chat XV: A Whole New Chat - Page 40 C7U2rKO
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 am

TensePsychopath wrote:

throw me a link baby boy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZzKXBAPorc2OpeCrd6Hv3A

smirkytrick wrote:Mazer!!! I have defeated your high score in flappy goat!!! Very Happy

HOW>!?!?!?!

smirkytrick wrote:Gen Chat XV: A Whole New Chat - Page 40 C7U2rKO

60 points for the Scooby Doo reference Very Happy

How is everyone?

-------

https://wssf.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=321
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down