Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 23 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by Cybersix Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:36 am

LegendX48 wrote:Hurry, Link, go climb all the Ubisoft Towers!

That was my first reaction to the Sheikah Towers. I was like what is this, a Ubisoft game?
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 23 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by Justin Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:57 am

I didn't realize how much a problem No Internet Browser on the Nintendo Switch was until I realized the only way to get online at my job is to go through a web page.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:00 am

LOGAN! I love this movie. I need the steelbook!!!!

Cybersix wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Hurry, Link, go climb all the Ubisoft Towers!

That was my first reaction to the Sheikah Towers. I was like what is this, a Ubisoft game?
Yep. I almost wanna say, "It's fine when Nintendo does it," but that doesn't make it any less silly. Horse taming is kinda neat though, still figuring out how it works.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:00 pm

I have to say I'm pretty baffled by the Zelda praise at the moment. It feels like any other open world game so far and the controls are clunky as hell.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:56 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:I have to say I'm pretty baffled by the Zelda praise at the moment. It feels like any other open world game so far and the controls are clunky as hell.
Yeah, I'm kinda there with ya right now. The controls for me are okay, excluding the jump and sprint buttons being stupidly placed, they tend to just wig out depending on what you wanna do sometimes which bugs me.

It's a Zelda game that doesn't feel like Zelda at all. They tried very hard to completely break away from the formula and they succeeded to the point where this is Zelda in name only. The one thing I actively hate is how the engine just shits the bed every 10 seconds. I feel like they went cell shaded because they knew the Wii U couldn't do what they wanted any other way but the game is still demanding far too much of the hardware. It's a game that belongs on a capable system, not this hyper underpowered hunk of crap.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:26 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:I didn't realize how much a problem No Internet Browser on the Nintendo Switch was until I realized the only way to get online at my job is to go through a web page.

if i heard correctly, strictly for the purposes of signing into the internet there is a web browser thing that can run to sign into such networks, just no overall web browser support.

LegendX48 wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:I have to say I'm pretty baffled by the Zelda praise at the moment. It feels like any other open world game so far and the controls are clunky as hell.
Yeah, I'm kinda there with ya right now. The controls for me are okay, excluding the jump and sprint buttons being stupidly placed, they tend to just wig out depending on what you wanna do sometimes which bugs me.

It's a Zelda game that doesn't feel like Zelda at all. They tried very hard to completely break away from the formula and they succeeded to the point where this is Zelda in name only. The one thing I actively hate is how the engine just shits the bed every 10 seconds. I feel like they went cell shaded because they knew the Wii U couldn't do what they wanted any other way but the game is still demanding far too much of the hardware. It's a game that belongs on a capable system, not this hyper underpowered hunk of crap.
the art style was because they needed something slightly cartoonish to make the wonky mechanics work. when they tried a more realistic style a lot of the mechanics felt really awkward and weren't believable at all.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:55 pm

My mind is nothing but Logan right now. I need to go see it again, I NEED the steelbook blu-ray now!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 23 C6IR31rUsAE0aDa
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:16 am

Switch sold 80k units first week in the UK.

Comparison:
250k - PS4
165k - PS3
150k - XB1
113k - 3DS
105k - Wii
70k - 360
40k - Wii U

also apparently zelda accounted for 75% of the switch software sales, and the switch accounted for 78% of the zelda sales (wiiu got 22%)

it's a step up from the wiiu, and not a bad start, but now there isn't anything big for like 2 months (a little less as mario kart is at the end of next month but still)... so we will have to see if the sales fall off a cliff like the 3ds or not.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:42 am

*Crawwls out from under a pile of homework and Zelda box*

Morning y'all; I need to get to get to class, but I have really been enjoying Zelda.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:27 am

seems like everybody's just going giddy over BOTW meanwhile, I'm just here trying to understand why everyone finds it so amazing when it's nothing special (so far).

*shrug*

I feel disappointed.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:05 pm

LegendX48 wrote:seems like everybody's just going giddy over BOTW meanwhile, I'm just here trying to understand why everyone finds it so amazing when it's nothing special (so far).

*shrug*

I feel disappointed.

Mark my words, in a month or two most people will be saying the same thing.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:44 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:seems like everybody's just going giddy over BOTW meanwhile, I'm just here trying to understand why everyone finds it so amazing when it's nothing special (so far).

*shrug*

I feel disappointed.

Mark my words, in a month or two most people will be saying the same thing.

we shall see, from what I am hearing though it sure does seem like the zelda reviews were a knee jerk reaction from people merely being excited that nintendo was making a AAA game like other companies like ubisoft.

also, nier automata is sitting at an 89 on meta now. which is surprising given how linear the demo felt and the panty shots and what not.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Also consider that many people who are playing BOTW have missed out on just about every open world game the past few years if they only had a Nintendo system, which likely explains why they are impressed while others are not.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Koenig wrote:Also consider that many people who are playing BOTW have missed out on just about every open world game the past few years if they only had a Nintendo system, which likely explains why they are impressed while others are not.
thus furthering my belief that no one played The Witcher 3 lol
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Welp, Walmart just cancelled my order :\

can has flac rip of BOTW soundtrack?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 pm

*listens to more of the Logan OST*

I'm not crying, shut up. It's just raining at my desk.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Wienie
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:31 pm

I disagree. Most open world games don't actually have much in terms of finding things that are fun to find during random exploration. For me, I've found so much during exploration that I keep looking for more. From the seeds to increase my inventory space, to awesome ruins, to crafting materials, to shrine puzzles.

However, it does share a lot of open world cliches such as the towers and such. Again though, not all towers are the same like we see in many open world games. The towers are either guarded by difficult enemies (I found one guarded by 3 Wizrobes) or corruption, or one that was only accessible by cliff diving off something else.

Not to mention shield surfing is a lot of fun and there are surprises everywhere (the
Spoiler:
).

But that is just me but personally this is the Zelda I've been waiting for. I was very sick and tired of the ease of the past Zelda titles - they were too easy and held your hand too much. Rupees were a useless reward and now they are actually needed. I am actually excited to get Rupees now. Getting weapons, accessories, and armor feels very rewarding as well.

Other games like this usually force me to focus primarily on a specific set of armor for a good long time. "Oh, this one LOOKS awesome but is useless. This armor looks like crap but I need it because it is amazing stats."

For this one, I switch to my stealth gear when moving through enemy territories, then switch to actual armor when I get engaged in combat, to ice and fire armor for the respective regions...

Cooking is fun too. Reminds me of the Witcher where I spend time cooking food and potions to increase defense and offense to prep for difficult locations.

But again - I've been very tired of Zelda games. They were no longer difficult and I no longer cared about the overall situation at hand because it was just too damn easy. The dungeons were getting pointless as were the special items (the spinning top weapon in Twilight was literally only needed a few times in the entire game).

I enjoy the break from the traditional formula a LOT. Is it flawless? Not at all. I wish I could remap the controls and I wish it would switch to new weapons when on breaks. I also want to have my own pot to cook in anywhere.

But for me, the pluses destroy any negatives for me.

Anywho: I was at the Hollywood Nintendo Switch event and well...

I highly recommend everyone here to see this amazing race I did on stage with another MK8 player.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
Koenig wrote:Also consider that many people who are playing BOTW have missed out on just about every open world game the past few years if they only had a Nintendo system, which likely explains why they are impressed while others are not.

I played Witcher 1. Got very bored by the time I got the first major city.
Played Witcher 2. The combat controls were VERY irritating.

Avoided Witcher 3 because of experiences with Witcher 1 and Witcher 2.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:42 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

I can get that. Just, for me, after playing The Witcher 3, every open world feels pretty stale, BOTW included.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:53 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

I can get that. Just, for me, after playing The Witcher 3, every open world feels pretty stale, BOTW included.

I try to avoid that feeling...I mean; you cannot let how good one game is ruin how you play others. I could say that Bayonetta raised the bar for brawlers so high that games like Splatterhouse are just garbage and boring - but it isn't. Gotta separate them man otherwise you won't enjoy anything Sad
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Anywho! Gotta watch my mario kart race guys!

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:08 pm

oh my goodness, everyone cheering for Metal Mario/Oscar lol
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:47 pm

I will get to zelda eventually. I figure if I finish horizon first that gives nintendo a chance to release another patch to improve zelda on the wiiu.

I am hoping I fall in love with it.... though to be fair i might just play nier and it's 90/100 goodness next as i was having a lot of fun with it's action combat in the demo.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next