Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

+8
zulux21
-Mazer
Cybersix
TensePsychopath
LegendX48
Koenig
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
12 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 33 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by Justin Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:I got some Breath of the Wild screenshots if anyone wants to see.
SHARE!
BOTW Screenshots:
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction - Page 33 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVI: WSS Faction is Best Faction

Post by TensePsychopath Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:43 pm

-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Just curious, who here is getting Yooka-Laylee?

I was until I watched gameplay...it seems....empty...like...really really empty.......and the voice effects are a bit annoying

Agreed. The beginning section of this level looks particularly bad.

TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:32 pm

-Mazer wrote:How is it a spineless move? You cannot CANNOT be associated with someone who does not represent your company's public standards. It is business sucide for you to sponser, represent, or be associated with a personality that takes such a 180 publicly.

This s not someone being dropped because they are Gay or Black or Trans. That is discrimination. This is dropping someone because of venomous things said in a public forum and then repeated even more in other public forums. You cannot be associsted with that as a company. This has nothing to do with morals or emotion it has everything to do with business.

It is not spineless - it is protecting your image, franchise, etc. You do not want to be the company who puts Micheal Vick on the front of the cereal box after his arrest for dog fighting. You do not want to be the company who uses that rugby player who butchered his girlfriend in your video game.

I am sorry but EVERY conpany in the world would do the exact same thing. Jon has 100% the right to say anything he wants but he has to live with the consequences and sadly companies not wanting to be associated with him is that consequence.

I am very sure he will lose his Audible.com sponsor as well from this. It is not spineless. It is not "the wrong move". It is how the business world works
And people wonder why I have such contempt for the business world.  I do firmly believe it is discrimination, as in cases like these people are being negatively affected and ostracized for their personal viewpoints rather than their professional activities.  Were Johntron a politician (now isn't that a terrifying thought) and Playtonic his party, it would make perfect sense for for them to drop him because his views did not match their own.  In the case of Yooka Laylee though, he was going to be little more than a voice actor (If you can call mumble speak voice acting). If he was an incompetent voice actor (again, a mute point with mumble speak) then it would make sense to drop him for that reason.

What if you said something relating to "A", and then later you were fired from you company for your opinion on "A" despite your completely unrelated skills working and opinions on"B", with "B"  being the entire reason you were hired in the first place.  That would be discrimination, as you were fired for completely unrelated reasons in an attempt to save face and ostracize you.

People should not have to live in fear of sharing their opinions on matters, and subsequently be bastardized across the board for unrelated reasons. It is not health for our society, or people in general.  Your "acceptable" opinion today could tomorrow be used to blackmail and demonize you, and that is fundamentally wrong.  Granted this is a problem with society as a whole, and not specifically business's; and I am merely bringing up in this case, however I will judge a business's standards by how they act, and to reiterate, I do believe that throwing someone under the bus and cutting ties with them simply because their viewpoint in controversial IS undeniably a spineless move to save face and only further contributes to this problem in society.

I hold myself to the same stance: I was originally planning on buying Yooka-Laylee to support Playtonic, regardless on how the game faired.  Because Playtonic has shown to me that they will bend their knee to public scorn, then I will not buy the game merely to support them any more.  HOWEVER  I will buy the game if it reviews well; based entirely on the games own merits and not my interest (Or now lack thereof) in Playtonic.  I will not confuse the two, as I wish the rest of society was fucking capable of.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:32 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:They are well in their right to remove Jontron from their game...
It's just not the best move.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm still gonna check out Yooka Laylee and still gonna stay subscribe to Jontron.

The thing that bothers me is that I heard rumors that Playtonic was banning people for asking for refunds. On one hand that sounds shocking, but on the other hand, there are now tons of forums that are just "Kill yourselves" or "Gay jokes" or something antisemitic/dead memes. So it's hard to take that into consideration.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:41 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:Just curious, who here is getting Yooka-Laylee?

I was until I watched gameplay...it seems....empty...like...really really empty.......and the voice effects are a bit annoying

Agreed. The beginning section of this level looks particularly bad.

Jeeze...such a massive open area with almost nothing in it...and seriously to go up all those ramps, breaking all those glass walls just to get 3 little icons?

And personally I really hope there are other ways to break glass because constantly using that rolling dash for that glass tower with the cards in it just seems very annoying to me.

The game LOOKS pretty but it's empty and has a lot of useless mechanics. was it necessary to really use the Sonar 3 or 4 times just to make a single pillar rise to the very top?

Koenig wrote:
-Mazer wrote:How is it a spineless move? You cannot CANNOT be associated with someone who does not represent your company's public standards. It is business sucide for you to sponser, represent, or be associated with a personality that takes such a 180 publicly.

This s not someone being dropped because they are Gay or Black or Trans. That is discrimination. This is dropping someone because of venomous things said in a public forum and then repeated even more in other public forums. You cannot be associsted with that as a company. This has nothing to do with morals or emotion it has everything to do with business.

It is not spineless - it is protecting your image, franchise, etc. You do not want to be the company who puts Micheal Vick on the front of the cereal box after his arrest for dog fighting. You do not want to be the company who uses that rugby player who butchered his girlfriend in your video game.

I am sorry but EVERY conpany in the world would do the exact same thing. Jon has 100% the right to say anything he wants but he has to live with the consequences and sadly companies not wanting to be associated with him is that consequence.

I am very sure he will lose his Audible.com sponsor as well from this. It is not spineless. It is not "the wrong move". It is how the business world works
And people wonder why I have such contempt for the business world.  I do firmly believe it is discrimination, as in cases like these people are being negatively affected and ostracized for their personal viewpoints rather than their professional activities.  Were Johntron a politician (now isn't that a terrifying thought) and Playtonic his party, it would make perfect sense for for them to drop him because his views did not match their own.  In the case of Yooka Laylee though, he was going to be little more than a voice actor (If you can call mumble speak voice acting). If he was an incompetent voice actor (again, a mute point with mumble speak) then it would make sense to drop him for that reason.

What if you said something relating to "A", and then later you were fired from you company for your opinion on "A" despite your completely unrelated skills working and opinions on"B", with "B"  being the entire reason you were hired in the first place.  That would be discrimination, as you were fired for completely unrelated reasons in an attempt to save face and ostracize you.

People should not have to live in fear of sharing their opinions on matters, and subsequently be bastardized across the board for unrelated reasons.  It is not health for our society, or people in general.  Your "acceptable" opinion today could tomorrow be used to blackmail and demonize you, and that is fundamentally wrong.  Granted this is a problem with society as a whole, and not specifically business's; and I am merely bringing up in this case, however I will judge a business's standards by how they act, and to reiterate, I do believe that throwing someone under the bus and cutting ties with them simply because their viewpoint in controversial IS undeniably a spineless move to save face and only further contributes to this problem in society.

I hold myself to the same stance: I was originally planning on buying Yooka-Laylee to support Playtonic, regardless on how the game faired.  Because Playtonic has shown to me that they will bend their knee to public scorn, then I will not buy the game merely to support them any more.  HOWEVER  I will buy the game if it reviews well; based entirely on the games own merits and not my interest (Or now lack thereof) in Playtonic.  I will not confuse the two, as I wish the rest of society was fucking capable of.

It just does not work that way. Public Image is everything to businesses and the wrong word by someone they are supporting can cause a massive backlash. When you are being associated with a brand, product, or any kind of industry whatsoever, you WILL be monitored by that company. JonTron is not some no-name or even low-level Youtuber. He has a lot of viewers in the millions and his opinions were covered and spread through social media like wild fire. I'm sorry but while no one should ever be afraid of voicing their opinions - which he isn't - you HAVE to talk personal responsibility in what your opinions will result in.

If I were to, for example, make a very long winded post about being Anti-Gay, Pro Nazi, and want all blacks lynched - I guarantee that I would be 100% fired from my position at Fedex. Why? Because I am not only a manager here who represents the brand I work for, but because I am the face of Fedex to several of our biggest immediate clients that I have to personally work with when they visit. If my videos were made public to the company, it would jeopardize their business relations with those people. They cannot have a Neo Nazi like me working for them when I am publicly demonizing jews and blacks.

This has nothing to do with being spineless, or a sleezeball, or cowardly. This is how it is SUPPOSED to be, Koenig. You CANNOT associate yourself with something that damages your brand.

For example. If you were friends with the L.A. Kings - one of the worst gangs in Los Angeles. If the police saw you talking and hanging out with these members, you will be instantly associated as one of them. It has no matter if you are a straight A honor student. You are associating yourself with a negative aspect and the public sees that and the WILL stop supporting your brand.

If JonTron had said these things, taken them back and apologized. Things would be fine. But he kept it up on twitter and his other social media. It got louder and louder and louder and they did not want him to be a part of their brand any longer. Like I said, I am sure he'll lose his Audible sponsorship as well.

Did you know there are people who boycott Jimmy John's sandwiches because the CEO kills lions and other animals for sport? That is negative press. Remember the backlash when Nike's sweatshops became public? That's negative press. Tiger Woods cheating scandal? Negative press.

This are not private citizens. These people are in the spot light. They are watched by millions and if a company uses that person in their product hoping to capitalize on those millions - that's fantastic business. But if that same person suddenly spews out "We love 9/11 and they deserved it!" those millions of GOOD product placements now become millions of people boycotting.

When you refuse to separate yourself from negative press, you become - to the public's eye - someone who supports that negative press. Then you become the huge badguy in this scenario and you lose capital.

Again - NO ONE has to fear what they say. BUT YOU MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTIONS of what your words cause. And losing this voice acting gig is one of those responsibilities he has to take.

Why do you think every DVD commentary has that huge warning: "THE COMMENTARY ON THIS DVD IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE OPINION OF THE STUDIO OR ITS AFFILIATES". Because what someone says PUBLICLY while working for a company can and WILL Damage that company.

The ONLY difference to my rule is if this was said privately. If Jontron was in his house with a friend or two and he was speaking privately about all of this and one of his friends leaked what was said - That is 100% bullshyt. What is said in the privacy of your home or privacy of anywhere should be off limits because you did not make it public and are not representing anyone else.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm

smirkytrick wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:They are well in their right to remove Jontron from their game...
It's just not the best move.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm still gonna check out Yooka Laylee and still gonna stay subscribe to Jontron.

The thing that bothers me is that I heard rumors that Playtonic was banning people for asking for refunds. On one hand that sounds shocking, but on the other hand, there are now tons of forums that are just "Kill yourselves" or "Gay jokes" or something antisemitic/dead memes. So it's hard to take that into consideration.

I am not going to unsubscribe to Jontron. He isn't hurting anyone and I can disagree with his standpoints. I am sure many people would not like my viewpoints on certain things but agree to disagree ^.^. He is still a funny person with great comedy and timing.

This is not like Bill Cosby whom I cannot tolerate to watch anymore. Seriously - I had such admiration for the man until the evidence piled on him so hard that it was impossible to ignore...He actually hurt people and I cannot support that.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:22 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
The BK speak? I think it's great.

Naw. I mean the constant grunting, and noises during jumps. That is a bit "gets old fast" to me.

@ Bear

Well man, it's more or less contributed to the fact that a 40 million dollar game really should NOT have issues like that. These aren't really Skyrim worth errors either...

Say that to Mass Effect 3 which was also a 40 million budget. Yet that game gets ignored of its flaws. Funny right.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
The BK speak? I think it's great.

Naw. I mean the constant grunting, and noises during jumps. That is a bit "gets old fast" to me.

@ Bear

Well man, it's more or less contributed to the fact that a 40 million dollar game really should NOT have issues like that. These aren't really Skyrim worth errors either...

Say that to Mass Effect 3 which was also a 40 million budget. Yet that game gets ignored of its flaws. Funny right.

I have heard nothing but people outraged at ME3. Hell, gametrailers had several threads about how horrible it was in terms of storytelling, glitches, etc.

A lot of people did not like ME3, Bear.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 pm

I review a depressing cookie
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Furthermore. I see a depressingly lack of Power Rangers discussion in this chat
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:49 pm

-Mazer wrote:Furthermore. I see a depressingly lack of Power Rangers discussion in this chat
i'm to busy watching good super hero shows like supergirl and the flash.

and looking into the games from that humble bundle I linked.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:50 pm

I see where you are coming from, but I do not agree. Although I doubt we can take the conversation any farther, as we have both made our points very clear.

On another topic: I am going into Zelda withdrawal; I let my friend borrow my switch so that I could focus on school.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Like in Banjo-Kazooie

[quote="Bearhugger29"
Say that to Mass Effect 3 which was also a 40 million budget. Yet that game gets ignored of its flaws. Funny right. [/quote]
Mass Effect 3 got shat on hardcore, what are you talking about? Not as much as Andromeda, but still.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 pm

@ Bear
Mass Effect Andromeda is pretty much the equivalent of Kevin Costner's Waterworld. It's not the worst, but it shouldn't have had the production cost that it had and look like an amateur steam greenlight game.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:58 pm

smirkytrick wrote:@ Bear
Mass Effect Andromeda is pretty much the equivalent of Kevin Costner's Waterworld. It's not the worst, but it shouldn't have had the production cost that it had and look like an amateur steam greenlight game.

Here's the thing for you, Mazer and Cyber. 1, 2 and 3 had there fair share of Glitches, Bugs, bad voice acting and horrible written lines. That's the point I'm making here. As for the bugs and glitches in Andromeda there not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure some of the animations are questionable but I've seen worse, look at Skyrim (Worst Elder scrolls game I've ever played) Anyways, with my 80 hours plus, I can say with ease, what Andromeda does right, is the pacing and believe it or not but Ryder has a better persona then Shepard, and don't get me wrong I LOVE Shepard but with her Professional approach and that's what makes him/her so good as a character. This time around they make the main character be more life like. Starting a pathfinder with no training and is also Socially awkward, just makes her enjoying to be with the whole experience.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:02 am

I object to that. Waterworld was a freaking amazing movie!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:27 am

Now wait just a minute, ME3 is, like, universally hated.

Moving on, as far as I can tell, the issue with ME:A's animations is that they're a step down from Inquisition and the previous ME games, not to mention how the eyes look weird as shit because of the odd decision to not shade the upper iris at all. The writing is subjective but there's some dumb lines from what little I've seen.

iirc, the series, 2 especially, are known for good - great writing but general consensus is that Andromeda dropped the ball.

But, anywho, I haven't had a chance to play it and likely won't as I'm not a fan of Bioware.

edit: Totally unrelated, I just noticed a HUGE issue with Patreon right now. All of my posts have direct links to the raw PNGs which means anyone and everyone can just click and download them whenever they feel like. I don't recall it ever doing this and now my reward tiers are fucked since the entire $3 tier rewards can just be nabbed by the public. That last site wide update was a mistake.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:43 am

-Mazer wrote:I object to that. Waterworld was a freaking amazing movie!
I concur.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:45 am

Not saying it was bad, I'm saying it shouldn't have had millions and millions of dollars poured into it.

@ Bear
Look we all agree that it's not the worst game ever. But in comparison to the other Mass Effect games, both story wise and gameplay wise (maybe not story wise with ME3), it's definitely the weakest link. And on top of that, when the company is bragging about how much money it took to make it, and how advance the facial animation is and how perfect the story is with Andromeda, it's definitely putting salt on the wound.

Last edited by smirkytrick on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:46 am

Granted, without those millions the movie would not have been able to pull of its aesthetic (Which I adore)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:53 am

I think most of the money actually went to transporting the scenery out to sea.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 am

smirkytrick wrote:
Not saying it was bad, I'm saying it shouldn't have had millions and millions of dollars poured into it.

@ Bear
Look we all agree that it's not the worst game ever. But in comparison to the other Mass Effect games, both story wise and gameplay wise (maybe not story wise with ME3), it's definitely the weakest link. And on top of that, when the company is bragging about how much money it took to make it, and how advance the facial animation is and how perfect the story is with Andromeda, it's definitely putting salt on the wound.

Is the story that bad? I mean comparing the first entry into a new Trilogy to the whole Trilogy from last gen isn't what I would call logical. The problem with the story is that it's setting up the events for the rest of the Trilogy. JUST LIKE what ME1 did. Yet again, this installment isn't mean to be compared to the First Trilogy. Ryder isn't here to replace Shepard, the story isn't trying to trump the OG Series. It's trying to stand on its own terms, and it does an amazing job. Side quests are not a bore with a new exceptions. Story is light but with added bonus due to your actions and choices. Choices you make will carry over and also effect the ending. Quests that are worth doing that are Emotional and sweet to do. Best of all, the new squadmates have more of a purpose. Not only from there loyalty missions but other quests that lead into that and after that which expands on those members for a personal view and a gamers view.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:41 am

@ Bear
one of the major problems with Andromeda's story is that it is riddled with plot holes (something that even ME3 didn't struggle with). For example, At the beginning of the game The player and the Father character are talking about exploring a planet to see if it is habitable. This particular scene is especially stupid for numerous reasons.
1) Just by looking at the planet pretty much says its dangerous to enter.
2) the 'options' (used loosely) it gives you to decide to go there or not doesn't have any impact whatsoever (you could argue it used to progress the story, but decision making plays a vital role in the Mass Effect series, and whether you want to go or not, you're still gonna go there). the decision should not have been there in the first place.
3) If they used the probes, like ME2 established that they can do. Then no one would have even set foot on that planet, and no one would've died.

Also for the characters, I found the majority of them rather bland. I had trouble conveying what emotion they were going for, and for a good chunk of the game play, they were spewing crappy one liners.

I will say the Krogan characters were fun. They were well written and have a lot of personality.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:32 am

smirkytrick wrote:@ Bear
one of the major problems with Andromeda's story is that it is riddled with plot holes (something that even ME3 didn't struggle with). For example, At the beginning of the game The player and the Father character are talking about exploring a planet to see if it is habitable. This particular scene is especially stupid for numerous reasons.
1) Just by looking at the planet pretty much says its dangerous to enter.
2) the 'options' (used loosely) it gives you to decide to go there or not doesn't have any impact whatsoever (you could argue it used to progress the story, but decision making plays a vital role in the Mass Effect series, and whether you want to go or not, you're still gonna go there). the decision should not have been there in the first place.
3) If they used the probes, like ME2 established that they can do. Then no one would have even set foot on that planet, and no one would've died.

Also for the characters, I found the majority of them rather bland. I had trouble conveying what emotion they were going for, and for a good chunk of the game play, they were spewing crappy one liners.

I will say the Krogan characters were fun. They were well written and have a lot of personality.

Did you even pay attention or play the game? WTF. They went down to this planet to see it if was. Both there shuttles got hit with Lighting. That's why Habitat 7 was a dud. Plus all the "Golden Planets" like Directer Tann tells you the Scorge is what caused the planets to be not habitable. This isn't until you find out the VAULTS on each planet has a reason behind the main story and why the KETT are so interested into it. When you beat the game it makes sense, if you already beat and didn't understand it. Not my fault. Also as for the probs which was also talked about in the game. They stated, the VAULT prevented the prob from reading the planetary readings of the planet.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm

awe persona 5 is only sitting at a 94 on meta so far Razz

seems it is losing a little bit of rating because it's a 100 rpg lol
(aka sounds like the main story is 100 hours @_@)
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next