Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

+6
zulux21
Justin
Cybersix
smirkytrick
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
10 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Glad to hear that your father is out for a while. I hope you guys can get a doctor soon.

As for the NES mini, I was hoping to get one, but it was not at the top of my list. It is baffling to me why Nintendo is cancelling the system, it is easily one of the best products they have released in years. A limited run is one thing, but this is no where near satisfying the market demand. The only rational explanation I can think off is Nintendo might be trying to remove NES games from the market for a VCON re-release on the Switch.

...Still a dumb idea though.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by Koenig Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 2 QiUYvBD5G0kh_IrLB-30K6Htv-d927w5hMUENIme8UQ
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Koenig wrote:Glad to hear that your father is out for a while.  I hope you guys can get a doctor soon.

As for the NES mini, I was hoping to get one, but it was not at the top of my list.   It is baffling to me why Nintendo is cancelling the system, it is easily one of the best products they have released in years.  A limited run is one thing, but this is no where near satisfying the market demand.  The only rational explanation I can think off is Nintendo might be trying to remove NES games from the market for a VCON re-release on the Switch.

...Still a dumb idea though.

It's either that or they are attempting to make their other products more valuable by killing off a product line that doesn't give them sustained revenue (just the initial purchase) while there is still demand to give the illusion that you need to buy a nintendo product right away if you want it.

I mean if the numbers are accurate the switch is still trailing behind the worldwide ps4 numbers through the first month (we are talking 2.1 mil ps4 vs 2 mil switch) but the ps4 had plenty of stock for people to buy if they wanted one while the switch doesn't seem to have any. Nintendo stalled their system for months and should have been able to make quite a few more consoles, but given they don't have a ton of titles until the fall it seems likely they are forcing scarcity in order to make it feel like the switch is a super hot item and the demand is just crazy so people keep snagging them up as soon as they release a wave until they actually reach this fall with the likely larger selection of games where they can bring more consoles to the market.

at the same time this is the same company that couldn't figure out how to launch a tablet in 2017 with a web browser and access to youtube/netflix.... so the scarcity may legitimately just be incompetence *shrugs*

either way I find it funny with people calling the switch a huge success and going to sell like the wii where up until this point in its life the wiiu had very similar numbers to the switch. what really matters is the next few months.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:21 pm

I am lost in thought >.<
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Welp, I started a patreon page.
https://www.patreon.com/smirkytrick

@Mazer, I hope it goes well for your dad.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:22 am

Koenig wrote:Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 2 QiUYvBD5G0kh_IrLB-30K6Htv-d927w5hMUENIme8UQ

... Fuck. XD
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Oh damn. In BotW I got a Savage Lynel sword with 99 attack power. o_o
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:35 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:Oh damn. In BotW I got a Savage Lynel sword with 99 attack power. o_o
Nice!. Save those for sneak attacks; they can one shot all standard enemies in the games save for Silver Lizalfos. Also have you gotten the ancient armor yet? :3
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:00 pm

YOOOOO!

Logan blu-ray release date updated with May 23!!!!

LET'S FUCKING GO!!!! *crosses fingers and hopes it doesn't change*
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:09 pm

@ Zulu

News is Switch has officially sold 2.4 million >.>

heh

Anywho. Did anyone like the Star Wars Trailer?

Also: I need advice - through BestBuy or Amazon, I get 20$ off Injustice 2. If I get the Ultimate Edition, I get the 9 DLC characters, the exclusive skines, steel book, and Darksied.

It will be about 80 and change minus the 100$ so it will only be 20$ more

HOWEVER...

The other side of the coin is that I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE this practice that WB has been doing with their games. All these editions, already announced DLC, and Pre-order only characters REALLY pisses me off

As a result, I am tempted to wait until next year where I can get the complete edition for 20$

But...if I do that...no steelbook

ADVICE! GO!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:Oh damn. In BotW I got a Savage Lynel sword with 99 attack power. o_o
Nice!.  Save those for sneak attacks; they can one shot all standard enemies in the games save for Silver Lizalfos.  Also have you gotten the ancient armor yet? :3
Fully upgraded that armor. Razz
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:57 pm

The star wars teaser was cool

as for injustice, rent it, wait for goty
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 pm

LegendX48 wrote:The star wars teaser was cool

Meh...I hate renting fighting games because if I beat the story...then why bother buying it later
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 pm

-Mazer wrote:@ Zulu

News is Switch has officially sold 2.4 million >.>

heh
yeah I saw the updated estimate that it sold (but not a confirmed number)
I mean I am glad it is off to a good start. hopefully nintendo doesn't fuck it up like they did the wiiu and actually continues to support it well. so far it looks decent with ports getting in there. but it becomes really hard to keep a system feeling like it is supported by yourself, and it does seem like most third parties are only interested in porting stuff to it, and sound like nintendo is just saying no to them as they don't want the think to be a port machine.

either way the next few months will for sure be telling.
and no matter what I likely won't be getting on until holiday 2018.

I mean it seems like a nice successor to my vita so ideally the games I want will eventually come to it, but so far all it has out for it is my second least favorite main line zelda game and soon a port to a decent mario kart that I quickly got bored with. thus not much reason to care about stock issues.

I mean I want the thing to do well and succeed despite how I sound, I just am not going to get wrapped up in being excited for sales that don't really matter at this time. I mean they would have mattered if they were terrible at launch, but a good launch combined with the release of one of the best rated zelda games, after a ton of nintendo fans skipped their last system should have always lead to a big launch regardless of long term prospects of the system.

I was wrong about one thing though, I did figure the stock would be a bit better by now... but I also wasn't expecting nintendo to only ship out like 100k a week to all of north america.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:44 pm

I beat ZELDA! The final scene left me kind of upset.
Spoiler:
That said, final battles were cool but the game really screamed how unnecessary the master sword is/was because of how the game is designed :\ that and I expected it to break like a piece of crap mid fight since it breaks, which is fucking dumb both practically and for lore reasons.

Anywho, 7/10. Good Zelda game, better than Skyward and TP but not better than OoT or WW.

-Mazer wrote:

Meh...I hate renting fighting games because if I beat the story...then why bother buying it later
Not to be that guy but you don't come to fighters for the story, you come for the versus mode especially since that's the actual meat of the game. That aside, all I know is I ain't buying Injustice 2, especially since Tekken 7 comes out like the following month.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:03 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Nice!.  Save those for sneak attacks; they can one shot all standard enemies in the games save for Silver Lizalfos.  Also have you gotten the ancient armor yet? :3
Just making sure, do you know about the 80% ancient weapon attack boost?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 am

Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Yeah, but I don't have a good ancient weapon yet.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:22 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:
Yeah, but I don't have a good ancient weapon yet.
Just as an FYI, you an redo the "Test of strength" shrines after each blood moon to get 1-3 Ancient weapons that the scout II+ Guardians drop. It is how I have most of my weapons, and using the occasional cores they drop you can make the more modernized versions.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:17 pm

I found that out after watching a farm guide. I thought that once you were done with shrines, that was it lol
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:35 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I beat ZELDA! The final scene left me kind of upset.
Spoiler:
That said, final battles were cool but the game really screamed how unnecessary the master sword is/was because of how the game is designed :\ that and I expected it to break like a piece of crap mid fight since it breaks, which is fucking dumb both practically and for lore reasons.

Anywho, 7/10. Good Zelda game, better than Skyward and TP but not better than OoT or WW.

-Mazer wrote:

Not to be that guy but you don't come to fighters for the story, you come for the versus mode especially since that's the actual meat of the game. That aside, all I know is I ain't buying Injustice 2, especially since Tekken 7 comes out like the following month.

That arguement is invalid with netherRealm games. You Do play those for thestory. Each game has about 6-8 hours of story mode that remains canon game to game.

Fact.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm

And once the story's over you get into the real meat of the game, the fighting!

edit: Come for the story, stay for the fighten!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:20 pm

I am bit disappointed the BoTW does not have a Pit of Trials by default; I know they are adding it in DLC later, but this is really something that should be standard in the series by default.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm getting my tax return soon and it sounds like it'll be pretty damn good. I could buy a Switch no problem.............

but my mom, and zulu, say I should just dump it in savings.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:14 am

LegendX48 wrote:I'm getting my tax return soon and it sounds like it'll be pretty damn good. I could buy a Switch no problem.............

but my mom, and zulu, say I should just dump it in savings.
If you can find one in stock anyways~ Razz
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:46 am

Hey Legend, I just set up my patreon page. And I need some advice. how does it look? and what do I need to do?
https://www.patreon.com/smirkytrick
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next