Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

+6
zulux21
Justin
Cybersix
smirkytrick
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
10 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 22 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by LegendX48 Mon May 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Final project stuffs @_@

Book - 100% Complete!
Box - FUCK!!!
Flamingo - 98%
Poster - 45% (drawing pretty much done, needs a bit of polish but ready for paint)
3pg Paper - 2% (due Friday)
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 22 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by zulux21 Mon May 29, 2017 10:32 pm

-Mazer wrote:Impossible.

maybe you should actually catch up with SU and find out that it is possible.

I mean season 3 of avatar is great, but not the greatest thing ever (plenty of anime would be above it for me)

SU had stalled out for most of season 4 but season 5 shit has hit the fan and it is great. Haven't had a chunk of episodes this exciting in SU since the end of season 1.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm

-Mazer wrote:So you want the mug to be
Symbol
Galactic Empire?

Or
Symbol
Galactic
Empire.
The first one.
Symbol
Galactic Empire

Hmm...although I'm wondering if it'd be more fun if it said "Galaxies Best Empire" instead. It would be (seemingly) unique to me.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 30, 2017 1:10 am

oh my god... I think I finished my box project.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue May 30, 2017 1:47 am

LegendX48 wrote:oh my god... I think I finished my box project.
Is it bad that this came to mind when you said that?

Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue May 30, 2017 10:16 am

Not at all.

Oh No!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Lunacy wrote:
-Mazer wrote:So you want the mug to be
Symbol
Galactic Empire?

Or
Symbol
Galactic
Empire.
The first one.
Symbol
Galactic Empire

Hmm...although I'm wondering if it'd be more fun if it said "Galaxies Best Empire" instead. It would be (seemingly) unique to me.

*facepalms at the indecisiveness
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 30, 2017 12:31 pm

To be fair, I did come up with the second one first. Actually, I'll go with that. I want something different.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 22 RXxaE40
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Yes, I love it!
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Lemme line it up and everything and see what i can do. I need to size it just right in the program
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 30, 2017 2:11 pm

Wait, don't forget the apostrophe in "Galaxie's."
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 30, 2017 5:58 pm

I won't.

Also here is the cup. It's the only mug I could find that was blank and in perfect condition.
Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 22 DUTqNmF

acceptable?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm

yes
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Not including shipping, taking in account of mug cost and vinyl cost. Would 12$ be acceptable?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue May 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Jah
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue May 30, 2017 9:05 pm

LegendX48 wrote:*mounts hair dryer in front of project*

IT'S WORKING!!
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 30, 2017 9:22 pm

]
I am laughing tears
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue May 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Zulu's new daily reminder to ship the package.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed May 31, 2017 1:30 am

Hey Mazer, got any tips for story writting tips? I am trying to come up with basic stuff for RPG maker so I can practice implementing it, but I am at a loss in terms of organizing it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed May 31, 2017 4:47 am

Koenig wrote:Hey Mazer, got any tips for story writting tips?  I am trying to come up with basic stuff for RPG maker so I can practice implementing it, but I am at a loss in terms of organizing it.

Come up with your primary story first. What is it you want to tell?

Then you make a very basic outline of which steps happen then build the characters to push those steps forward.

what I did for GT the game was come up with the overall plot, then the forums I wanted to pay tribute too, then figure out how each problem fit that forum.

IE. You are a mod. Gotta earn mod points.

Well, PS3 had all those data errors - so let's make fun of the cell processor and the fact that accounts got screwed up. So I made every NPC frozen until after the boss was defeated.

Xbox had Kinect so I made all those mini games

Politics constantly called people sheep so I made it that all NPCs became sheep until the boss was defeated...

But every one of these areas also had bits of the primary plot pushing forward...

did I explain that in a way that makes sense?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Wed May 31, 2017 10:58 am

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:Hey Mazer, got any tips for story writting tips?  I am trying to come up with basic stuff for RPG maker so I can practice implementing it, but I am at a loss in terms of organizing it.

Come up with your primary story first. What is it you want to tell?

Then you make a very basic outline of which steps happen then build the characters to push those steps forward.

what I did for GT the game was come up with the overall plot, then the forums I wanted to pay tribute too, then figure out how each problem fit that forum.

IE. You are a mod. Gotta earn mod points.

Well, PS3 had all those data errors - so let's make fun of the cell processor and the fact that accounts got screwed up. So I made every NPC frozen until after the boss was defeated.

Xbox had Kinect so I made all those mini games

Politics constantly called people sheep so I made it that all NPCs became sheep until the boss was defeated...

But every one of these areas also had bits of the primary plot pushing forward...

did I explain that in a way that makes sense?
About half n half.  It gives me a good idea of where you started, but I am still trying to figure out how to organize and develop this in a coherent way.  I am still very much stuck in the college mind set of "Do this" so I find a way to do it, rather than "Do whatever you want", which the school has given me very little practice in, so I am floundering when it comes to actually laying out concrete objectives for myself.  

Did you ever make a master document/level diagrams/flow chart before you made the story?  Or is that just me making things over complicated?  I was actually planning on drawing up some dungeon maps using some of these guys analysis on various Zelda temples

Spoiler:

but I am getting the feeling I am already over complicating things.  Then again I am not really trying to make a big project right now; but I do wan't to work on a project that challenges me to implement everything I have learned and apply it so that I can hone my skills.

Last edited by Koenig on Wed May 31, 2017 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Embdeding)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed May 31, 2017 1:39 pm

Naw, I never made a design doc. The game was way to small for that when I Was making it and i wanted each dungeon to be simple. Not to mention, this is a jrpg style game you are working on. Back in the day the dungeons were mostly linear to begin with minus a branching path here or there. It was the world and difficulty that made each dungeon so unique.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed May 31, 2017 3:25 pm

so drained @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed May 31, 2017 4:22 pm

Luna's mug is the most annoying thing I've ever made...already lost 1/3 of my sheet....
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next