Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

+6
zulux21
Justin
Cybersix
smirkytrick
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
10 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 34 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by zulux21 Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:25 pm

ok... I am officially hyped for spiderman. new details.
So I'm not exactly calling this the Spider-Man E3 info thread since, well, there's presumably a lot that isn't covered here, but I noticed a few things in interviews.
The game is singleplayer only.
The game is mostly open world, though there are some cinematic linear segments.
The open world is 4-6 times the size of Sunset Overdive.
You won't be killing anyone in the game.
There will be a lot of gameplay and story segments where you play as Peter Parker going about his day instead of Spider-Man. They say it will actually focus as much on Peter as it does on Spider-Man, but I don't know if that statement just applies to the story, or to the gameplay segments as well.
The mission from the gameplay demo will be a bit different in the final version. For example, they mention you save a lot more people in the actual game, and there are actually failure states, but for the purposes of the demo, they changed things up a bit.
They note that Spider-Man is 23 in the game, and has been Spider-Man for eight years, so he's pretty accomplished, though as you might have noticed in the trailer, far from 100% confident in himself.
They confirm that Miles Morales was the guy at the end of the trailer. They won't say if he's playable, but they mentioned he's there because they want to show this is a different kind of Spider-Man story.
They also note that Miles' role is much bigger than a cameo.
Marvel noted that they want their games to help develop their less well known characters as well, and Insomniac mentioned that Miles' inclusion was also part of this initiative. Marvel had previously noted that they view diversity in gaming as extremely important, so there's that factor as well.
There will also be villains beyond Mr. Negative and Kingpin.
They talk a bit more about the gadgets and how you can use things like tripwires on two people instead of just traditionally. They're trying to have a lot of combat options.
In case it wasn't obvious, this is not tied to any existing Spider-Man story.
For the most neurotic fans, Insomniac assures that the white Spider-Man symbol is meaningful and has a purpose that's explained in game.
They also note that the web swinging isn't normally QTE based, but that they use QTEs for cinematic moments.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 34 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:42 pm

I was hyped from the gameplay alone ^_^
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:53 pm

*wipes away sweat* so ARMS is fun. Lights my Switch on fire in the dock though.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:19 pm

I am honestly surprised that the dock does not have a fan built into it.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 pm

-Mazer wrote:I need to get some special vinyl for your mug, Cyber
:O
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm

I HAVE NO BLOOD FOR NAUGHT BUT SALT RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS!!!

Koenig wrote:I am honestly surprised that the dock does not have a fan built into it.
I'm more (not)surprised that Nintendo put things where they would completely block all ventilation.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:50 pm

LegendX48 wrote:I HAVE NO BLOOD FOR NAUGHT BUT SALT RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS!!!

Koenig wrote:I am honestly surprised that the dock does not have a fan built into it.
I'm more (not)surprised that Nintendo put things where they would completely block all ventilation.
The switch's vent and intake is on the top though? it is not blocked while in the dock, just seemingly inadequate. Having a fan port combined with a fan in the dock could have solved the issue.

*Is still salty about MHXX*

Don't mind me.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Koenig wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:I HAVE NO BLOOD FOR NAUGHT BUT SALT RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS!!!

The switch's vent and intake is on the top though? it is not blocked while in the dock, just seemingly inadequate. Having a fan port combined with a fan in the dock could have solved the issue.

*Is still salty about MHXX*

Don't mind me.
the exhaust is on the top, the intake vents are the two rectangular spaces on the back of the switch. The dock obstructs the intake vents
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 34 34zz9Nu

Those are just auxiliary; the primary exhaust is a loop that uses the vent at the top.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Koenig wrote:Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 34 34zz9Nu

Those are just auxiliary; the primary exhaust is a loop that uses the vent at the top.
nah, they are the intakes. The vent at the top is exhaust only.

edit: that thing right by the vent is a blower fan, similar to what reference gpu's and PS4 use for cooling. The copper thing is just a heat pipe going from the chip to the blower. Air is fed through the rectangle vents on the back plate of the Switch itself.

Last edited by LegendX48 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:41 am

I am drenched with Wine, vinegar, laundry softener, and some weird ass chemical that smells of nail polish remover...

I am having a horrible day.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:59 am

-Mazer wrote:I am drenched with Wine, vinegar, laundry softener, and some weird ass chemical that smells of nail polish remover...

that sounds bad. More stuff bursting open?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:42 am

-Mazer wrote:I am drenched with Wine, vinegar, laundry softener, and some weird ass chemical that smells of nail polish remover...

*Wraps Mazer in a towel and gives him hot cocoa*

What happened?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:11 pm

It was what Legend said....over 14 damages within the first hour of work D:
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Saw some gameplay of Monster Hunter World.
I'm pretty much sold on the game, except for one thing: The demo had a guide, with voice acting, that repeated a lot of tips. I hope that can be turned off.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:47 pm

*salt levels intensify*
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Koenig wrote:*salt levels intensify*
If it makes you feel any better, it LOOKS like weapons have signature moves, but there are no hunter arts in the game.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Gen Chat XVII: Tired of the old title - Page 34 52436760?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

I really like this.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:*salt levels intensify*
If it makes you feel any better, it LOOKS like weapons have signature moves, but there are no hunter arts in the game.
Oh I love what I am seeing from Monster Hunter World;  I just hate that it is on every other platform except the one I actually want to play it on. It is rubbing salt in the wound after the fact that MHXX's localization got shafted in favor of a world wide MHW release.

Mad

Last edited by Koenig on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Hey @Mazer: Earthmanbrick said he had trouble joining the forums. He said he made an account about it does not accept his password nor does it ever succeed at resetting it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Tell him to try a brand new account with us...I just changed some of the validation requirements....
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Ill let him know.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 am

So both my older sister and my little sister are moving out on July 1st (not together, moving out on the same day is just a coincidence). I'll finally have my own room again, hopefully for more than a few months!

Pity party:
Spoiler:

So, yeah... my own room soon and my desk won't be parked right beside a swamp cooler blowing air at my back.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:50 am

Legend, do not beat yourself up. Living with your parents is not to be ashamed of. You live in California also and it is very hard to live on your own out there.

I mean if you want to put things in perspective...when I was 26, I was divorced, lost my job, living back with my parents, and about 180k in debt...

Things happen at different paces for different people. But if you really want things to be different, you got to get that motivation to change things,.

You could move to Vegas Very Happy I am only paying 386 for the condo I own ^_^ you can apply at fedex! Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 am

G'day gentlemen. I am making a deliberate attempt to be more cheerful today, so lets see how this pans out out.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next