Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WSS Anime Thread

+3
Squirrel500
Lunacy
ColumbianLoom
7 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The WSS Anime Thread Empty The WSS Anime Thread

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Darth Luna wrote:I liked it, but I'm not hooked still...I guess it's just that the story isn't that original that's leaving me without the satisfaction. In some ways, you can say it's a rehash of Elfen Lied. Girls with special powers who were experimented on and whatnot.

They're similar but you'll see some major differences soon. First off, the girls that they have seriously under powered and the organization they're up against is ridiculously powerful and frightening. Whereas in Elfen Lied (at least in the anime) Lucy was pretty strong and could fend for herself.

The organization in Elfen Lied was at a serious disadvantage when Lucy escaped, but it's totally different here. These girls are living by the day and the organization is ruthless beyond belief. Now, I don't know what the Elfen Lied manga was like but Brynhildr gets to the point where there's pretty much no hope and it gets insane. Like what happened this episode is just the tip of the iceberg.

Also Murakami is way more awesome than Kouta from Elfen Lied. Murakami actually gets things done, Kouta felt more like a bystander to me (again, judging from the anime).

Also what I like about this is that all the girls have different powers, whereas in Elfen Lied they had the same power.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

The WSS Anime Thread Empty Re: The WSS Anime Thread

Post by Lunacy Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:32 pm

It's still essentially a rehash with some differences here and there. I guess that my problem is that it's just nothing new, especially when I was expecting it to really be different. It's too similar overall to previous things, but especially Elfen Lied.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Darth Luna wrote:It's still essentially a rehash with some differences here and there. I guess that my problem is that it's just nothing new, especially when I was expecting it to really be different. It's too similar overall to previous things, but especially Elfen Lied.

But Luna, it is different.

It's like calling Sword At Online a rehash of .hack//sign. Both are MMOs, both have people are stuck in the game, but they're totally different.

Same is with Elfen Lied and Brynhildr. Both have girls with special powers, both have ruthless organizations, but they're totally different.

Similar qualities doesn't mean it's a rehash at all.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:49 pm

.hack/sign was great, I miss those games. I agree from what I have seen of Sword Art Online it sounds very different from .hack

@loom how do you use an ACE for FAL? I'm not sure if I did it right I sent a message that was titled Ace and the message was
Ace
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
is that right?
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 pm

@Sqirrel

You almost did it right!

You do everything you did except you put the anime you want to swap out on the bottom like:

Title: Ace
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (the one that's swapping in)
Black Bullet (the one that's swapping out)
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:34 pm

wait we have to swap out an anime first? or do you mean we have to swap what ever anime we had as an ace before? I haven't used any aces yet
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:05 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:It's still essentially a rehash with some differences here and there. I guess that my problem is that it's just nothing new, especially when I was expecting it to really be different. It's too similar overall to previous things, but especially Elfen Lied.

But Luna, it is different.

It's like calling Sword At Online a rehash of .hack//sign. Both are MMOs, both have people are stuck in the game, but they're totally different.

Same is with Elfen Lied and Brynhildr. Both have girls with special powers, both have ruthless organizations, but they're totally different.

Similar qualities doesn't mean it's a rehash at all.
Which one of them is about a guy who meets a girl from his childhood who's running away from a ruthless organization that experiments on her and other girls? Also, she happens to have special powers. That's what I meant "essentially the same." Of course they're not exactly like each other, but it's overall too similar. Just feels like I'm watching a rehash, even if I know it's different.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:wait we have to swap out an anime first? or do you mean we have to swap what ever anime we had as an ace before? I haven't used any aces yet

You can only swap out animes that are on your bench. So if you want to swap, it can only be from your bench anime and then the anime you swapped out from your main lineup will go back to your bench.

Make sense?

Darth Luna wrote:
Which one of them is about a guy who meets a girl from his childhood who's running away from a ruthless organization that experiments on her and other girls? Also, she happens to have special powers. That's what I meant "essentially the same." Of course they're not exactly like each other, but it's overall too similar. Just feels like I'm watching a rehash, even if I know it's different.

I don't get what you're trying to say Luna. You're saying that you know the two are similar, but are different, yet you're still saying it feels like a rehash? That doesn't make sense. In the end, you're still calling it a rehash when the two are totally different when it comes down to the meat of the anime. Sure they share the killer organization, girls with powers, and childhood friends. That's it. If you really want me to go into detail how both are distinct from each other when it comes down to the actual premise, but I don't think that would change your mind anyways.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm

oh yeah I knew that I was just trying to use an ace to get some more points, I saw the new results today and my rank went down
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:12 pm

you know I'm sure there are a lot of anime with the same storyline but with major differences I don't completely think they are all rehash
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:00 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:I don't get what you're trying to say Luna. You're saying that you know the two are similar, but are different, yet you're still saying it feels like a rehash? That doesn't make sense. In the end, you're still calling it a rehash when the two are totally different when it comes down to the meat of the anime. Sure they share the killer organization, girls with powers, and childhood friends. That's it. If you really want me to go into detail how both are distinct from each other when it comes down to the actual premise, but I don't think that would change your mind anyways.
I guess I'm not just explaining myself succinctly enough. Let me try to make it into a sentence, since that'll put it in simplest terms and not convolute my argument. I guess I'm speaking from a genre/plot point of view, but in a general sense, not specificity. I guess I'm just not satisfied that the things it's going over, themes mainly, so far is too similar to Elfen Lied. The issue is compounded by the fact that it's the same author. Like, why'd he make another series so similar to a previous one? I'm just not satisfied with how similar it is with Elfen Lied. Feels so much, that I'm constantly thinking about Elfen Lied as I watch it.
This bums me out, because I feel like I'm not giving it a good enough chance to think of it as it's own. And this is totally my issue, but I keep expecting it to go as dark as Elfen Lied did, but at the same time that would really disappoint me because I'd like it to take a different tonal direction. So far, it's an okay show, not blowing me away.
I hope I'm able to explain what I mean. I hope that as this goes on I can get a better grasp of what's bothering me or maybe it changes in a way that it won't anymore. I'm by no means anywhere close to dropping this show.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
ColumbianLoom wrote:I don't get what you're trying to say Luna. You're saying that you know the two are similar, but are different, yet you're still saying it feels like a rehash? That doesn't make sense. In the end, you're still calling it a rehash when the two are totally different when it comes down to the meat of the anime. Sure they share the killer organization, girls with powers, and childhood friends. That's it. If you really want me to go into detail how both are distinct from each other when it comes down to the actual premise, but I don't think that would change your mind anyways.
I guess I'm not just explaining myself succinctly enough. Let me try to make it into a sentence, since that'll put it in simplest terms and not convolute my argument. I guess I'm speaking from a genre/plot point of view, but in a general sense, not specificity. I guess I'm just not satisfied that the things it's going over, themes mainly, so far is too similar to Elfen Lied. The issue is compounded by the fact that it's the same author. Like, why'd he make another series so similar to a previous one? I'm just not satisfied with how similar it is with Elfen Lied. Feels so much, that I'm constantly thinking about Elfen Lied as I watch it.
This bums me out, because I feel like I'm not giving it a good enough chance to think of it as it's own. And this is totally my issue, but I keep expecting it to go as dark as Elfen Lied did, but at the same time that would really disappoint me because I'd like it to take a different tonal direction. So far, it's an okay show, not blowing me away.
I hope I'm able to explain what I mean. I hope that as this goes on I can get a better grasp of what's bothering me or maybe it changes in a way that it won't anymore. I'm by no means anywhere close to dropping this show.

Alright, I can live with this. Your points here make a lot more sense and I understand your concern. You're more just upset why the author chose to go down a familiar path again with this work. I personally don't see a problem with it, but I understand why you're questioning the show.

All I can say is that good things await. And I'm to glad to hear about the last statement. If you see it through to the end, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:53 am

First off "M3: the dark metal" is finally out!!!! And Daisuki is streaming it (luckily they're free!). There's still a chance CR will get it, but we'll see. At least we can get a quality stream/sub for free with no ads.
https://www.daisuki.net/movies/seriesdetail/M3TheDarkMetal/6

Also new the Brynhildr chapter came out. So fucking excited to see what happens next. Shit is going to get real..... AGAIN!
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Black Bullet Episode 3 was great!

There was tons of stuff packed in this episode.

Spoiler:
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Hmm...Mondays and Tuesdays on CR kinda suck for me. I'm not following as much anime this season as last. Last season I had like a show to watch everday of the week, except Wednesday.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:47 pm

why not rewatch some other anime luna, or read some manga until you can watch a new episode
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:43 pm

This season is great for me! I have something to watch everyday except for Mondays. It's awesome. And there's at least one good show everyday so I'm not complaining one bit!

Also I made an official thread for M3: the dark metal. Please check it out!!!!!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-847517/m3-the-dark-metal-discussions

EDIT: Don't post in that thread. There was already an official topic for it. FUCKING OF COURSE! GOD! I put so much damn work into mine! And mine looks way better than the official one. I mean look at the difference mine and this guy's thread:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-842195/m3-sono-kuroki-hagane-anticipation
 Mad Neutral
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Squirrel500 wrote:why not rewatch some other anime luna, or read some manga until you can watch a new episode
I guess, I could also watch shows I have on hold, but nothing is terribly appealing at the moment. As for manga, I keep gravitating towards manga that makes me cry and then I stop reading for a while. :/

I'm just not finding anything that grabs me.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Darth Luna wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:why not rewatch some other anime luna, or read some manga until you can watch a new episode
I guess, I could also watch shows I have on hold, but nothing is terribly appealing at the moment. As for manga, I keep gravitating towards manga that makes me cry and then I stop reading for a while. :/

I'm just not finding anything that grabs me.

I don't really cry at anything but I know what you mean, I don't blame you from taking a break from reading manga.

also I finally was able to watch the first episode of Nagi no Asukara, it was pretty good, though it took a while to download
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:19 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:This season is great for me! I have something to watch everyday except for Mondays. It's awesome. And there's at least one good show everyday so I'm not complaining one bit!

Also I made an official thread for M3: the dark metal. Please check it out!!!!!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-847517/m3-the-dark-metal-discussions

EDIT: Don't post in that thread. There was already an official topic for it. FUCKING OF COURSE! GOD! I put so much damn work into mine! And mine looks way better than the official one. I mean look at the difference mine and this guy's thread:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-842195/m3-sono-kuroki-hagane-anticipation
 Mad Neutral

I hate when that happens you start a new thread and find out there's already one for the same damn thing
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Really? Not even Fruits Basket got you to tear up?

Also, awesome, hopefully you can watch it all soon.

And, I might just start reading gay stuff(shoujo ai and shounen ai).
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 pm

nope not even fruits basket, believe it or not I've teared up at games before I do anime, damn rdr

yes I hope I can watch all the series as well and maybe try to watch some golden time while I'm at it, that is if it doesn't take forever to download.

never heard of either of those
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 pm

@Luna

I would say just take a break. You're probably just burnt out.

I'm kind of like that with video games right now. I've barely played any in the two months.

Squirrel500 wrote:

I don't really cry at anything but I know what you mean, I don't blame you from taking a break from reading manga.

also I finally was able to watch the first episode of Nagi no Asukara, it was pretty good, though it took a while to download

Yay! I'm glad you watched it!!! And did you download the entire series?

Squirrel500 wrote:I hate when that happens you start a new thread and find out there's already one for the same damn thing

It's the worst.

Squirrel500 wrote:nope not even fruits basket, believe it or not I've teared up at games before I do anime, damn rdr

yes I hope I can watch all the series as well and maybe try to watch some golden time while I'm at it, that is if it doesn't take forever to download.

never heard of either of those

I barely cry too. The only thing that was ever made me have tears running down my face in any form of entertainment media was Clannad: After Story. That's it. Sometimes I'll get choked up, but not legit cry. Clannad: After Story was the only one to accomplish that.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 pm

You've never heard of shoujo-ai or shounen-ai? Then again, it'll only really be noticeable when browsing online sites since it's easier to stumble onto those categories. I doubt you'd run into them that often in stores. I can recommend many, though. o.o
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Hey Loom, try Air. It's by Key and written by Jun Maeda. It made me cry a lot more than Clannad.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next