Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 02: Ω Version

+10
TensePsychopath
Lunacy
smirkytrick
Cybersix
-Mazer
Bearhugger29
Koenig
ColumbianLoom
Squirrel500
Lux
14 posters

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 02: Ω Version - Page 31 Empty Re: Gen Chat 02: Ω Version

Post by Justin Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:43 pm

I see no reason to get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire unless you want to play Ruby/Sapphire again.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:20 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:I see no reason to get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire unless you want to play Ruby/Sapphire again.
never played them. After Blue I skipped everything up until Diamond. I sort of want Omega Ruby but at the same time I feel like buying it would be a complete and total waste of money considering how these games are the definitive example of copy/paste/lazyasfuck game design.

edit: second thought, maybe I should get Fire Emblem Awakening instead
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Insanity- Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdzUCgt0ysI

So here is some interesting information found in the data dump files for the Update/DLC data found in smash 4.
Apparently there is info for the other DLC character, Lucas, which is his file info, and his victory theme.

That's not all, but there are files for the Fire Emblem character, Roy! They have a victory theme under him as well which is pretty much the FE fanfare. :p

Now the real kicker....
RYU from STREET FIGHTER. I shit you not.
His sound files are there, as well as what seems to be a stage theme: (this is what it is, pretty much)

I'm hyped for Ryu XD
-Insanity-
-Insanity-

Bounty : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Ryu would be very very interesting if anything to annoy SF fans :3

Btw. I am glad I got MKx for 28. I would never pay full price for the game. Not at the state its in currently. Seriously, almost every level stutters horribly even if I put my settings to low.

Horribly optimized. Thank god story mode is awesome because I was getting really angry w the game because of the frame drops
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Well, thanks to NetherRealm, I am not longer trusting ANY AAA titles on launchday minus 1st party Nintendo games.

Seriously. Even when my all time favorite dev fails the community this badly...now I know there is no hope left for the big developers.

Tired of being given crap, inoperable games.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:54 pm

No one but Nintendo gives a shit anymore, dude. It's all about dat cash yo.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Now If only they understand what marketing and public relations were.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:17 pm

*sighs* this may be a real final to the gaming world for me.

ubisoft is horrid

Capcom is stopping franchises and milking the 1 out of the 2 decent ones they have left

Konami is doing naught...

Squaresoft is a joke and takes YEARS to build new games

NetherRealms is getting further and further on board with the DLC garbage and now releasing games littered with bugs...

*is honestly depressed about this*

Did you guys know they removed Stage Fatalities in Mortal Kombat X?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:22 pm

AAA devs know they can release a rushed, almost broken game at launch. It has become common practice now, sadly.
A part of me wonders if this method of releasing games is some form of anti piracy(fails against community mods lol).
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:24 pm

xXJus10Xx wrote:AAA devs know they can release a rushed, almost broken game at launch. It has become common practice now, sadly.
A part of me wonders if this method of releasing games is some form of anti piracy(fails against community mods lol).

I do not know why I even should bother with AAA developers anymore. I'd rather get a "7" game that may have some minor issues but mostly due to a smaller dev team and has more creativity than a "9" game that is virtually unplayable and has a ton of content missing/locked/for dlc

I mean really, I am so fed up with these practices. It's getting to the point where I have very little I am looking forward too and day-by-day I am seeing less of the quirky fun action games and more and more of these cinematic style ones.

Which isn't bad but it gets old...

I am tired of playing as a human!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:55 pm

At least Nintendo releases quality content, even if they are lost in their own world.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Koenig wrote:At least Nintendo releases quality content, even if they are lost in their own world.

I like their attitude sometimes though. They study what works, what doesn't by watching everyone then offers alternatives.

They did DLC but made it hands over fist cheaper than anyone else. Those smash brothers costumes are 75cents whereas everyone else would charge at least 1.99...

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:43 pm

-Mazer wrote:Well, thanks to NetherRealm, I am not longer trusting ANY AAA titles on launchday minus 1st party Nintendo games.

Seriously. Even when my all time favorite dev fails the community this badly...now I know there is no hope left for the big developers.

iirc, they did not handle the pc version at all. It was likely handed off to High Voltage Software and they kinda suck

Also, CD Projekt Red is just as good as Nintendo, maybe better though whether or not they're AAA is debatable.

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:At least Nintendo releases quality content, even if they are lost in their own world.

I like their attitude sometimes though. They study what works, what doesn't by watching everyone then offers alternatives.

They did DLC but made it hands over fist cheaper than anyone else. Those smash brothers costumes are 75cents whereas everyone else would charge at least 1.99...

they're actually a tad cheaper than $.75

also, most costume dlc is more than $2, look at those $50+ bundles for DoA5 man, multiple $50+ bundles of nothing but costumes @_@
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:04 pm

-Mazer wrote:*sighs* this may be a real final to the gaming world for me.

ubisoft is horrid

Capcom is stopping franchises and milking the 1 out of the 2 decent ones they have left

Konami is doing naught...

Squaresoft is a joke and takes YEARS to build new games

NetherRealms is getting further and further on board with the DLC garbage and now releasing games littered with bugs...

lol I agree with most of that ubisoft is just milking assassin's creed now what a shame it was such a great series to start with, I still like Capcom for Resident Evil but I feel like 5 could've been better and 6 would've been great if it were just Leon and Ada's campaigns. Square has turn ff into a boring pile of crap though I will admit 15 looks a little promising. also didn't know that about MKX
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:15 pm

one of these days, we are going to be promised an awesome video game, and then we we get nothing but coding on launch day.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:19 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:Well, thanks to NetherRealm, I am not longer trusting ANY AAA titles on launchday minus 1st party Nintendo games.

iirc, they did not handle the pc version at all. It was likely handed off to High Voltage Software and they kinda suck

Also, CD Projekt Red is just as good as Nintendo, maybe better though whether or not they're AAA is debatable.

-Mazer wrote:

they're actually a tad cheaper than $.75

also, most costume dlc is more than $2, look at those $50+ bundles for DoA5 man, multiple $50+ bundles of nothing but costumes @_@

High Voltage did the Port. But that still does not justify all the console issues they have been having. And the DLC. Goro is 7 $#@!#@! Dollars!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Here are the things that piss me off about MKX as I play it.

1. Goro is IN the game. He is purposely locked out to sell for 7 dollars. On top of that, they even have a menu option on the main menu that says "Buy Goro". F*ck you.

2. Tanya is IN the game. She has her full move set and everything IN game. Shes a character you fight against early in the Storymode. So she is ALSO locked out to be sold off. That is inexcusable.

3. For the first time since I can remember, Level Fatalities have been removed. I am not 100% sure, but this seems to have the least amount of levels I've seen in a modern MK game (I believe there are only Cool

4. Factions are broken. A majority of players chose the Lin Kuei meaning that they win EVERY NIGHT because so very few players use the other factions.

5. Characters like Baraka, Sindel, and Rain are fully built in the game (you fight them in story mode) and I swear to the Gods, if they become DLC - I am 100% finished with NetherRealm studios.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:37 pm

*is ranting to no one as he just remembered he is the only one who likes MK in here outside of Bear :\
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:45 pm

-Mazer wrote:Here are the things that piss me off about MKX as I play it.

1. Goro is IN the game. He is purposely locked out to sell for 7 dollars. On top of that, they even have a menu option on the main menu that says "Buy Goro". F*ck you.

2. Tanya is IN the game. She has her full move set and everything IN game. Shes a character you fight against early in the Storymode. So she is ALSO locked out to be sold off. That is inexcusable.

3. For the first time since I can remember, Level Fatalities have been removed. I am not 100% sure, but this seems to have the least amount of levels I've seen in a modern MK game (I believe there are only Cool

4. Factions are broken. A majority of players chose the Lin Kuei meaning that they win EVERY NIGHT because so very few players use the other factions.

5. Characters like Baraka, Sindel, and Rain are fully built in the game (you fight them in story mode) and I swear to the Gods, if they become DLC - I am 100% finished with NetherRealm studios.
WTF.
Characters you fight but can't play as? And they can only be playable by DLC?
No. Just... No.
Hyrule Warriors had Three characters you couldn't play as at launch, but became playable in a free update.
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:44 pm

Yup. Tanya fights against you in StoryMode and Goro is already on Disc. Rain is also in storymode with a full moveset

Now people are making the claim that these moves are "placeholders" and the characters are not "100%" finished, but I am not believing that.

Also; so many people making excuses for prices for DLC

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/802908-mortal-kombat-x/71668780?page=4

*SIGH*

I need to stop being so negative. The game itself (minus the framerate issues) is still pretty good...If I keep this up, I'll be too bitter to enjoy it Sad
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:41 am

Gen Chat 02: Ω Version - Page 31 NSSndP8
I never knew Koenig worked on the new Star Wars movie. Why didn't you tell us?
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 am

I pissed someone off apparently.

jpraelster posted...

You paid 28 dollars for the game, stop bitching, you have NO RIGHT when you payed less then half of what the game is going for, and you got the combat pass, which means you paid 1/3, im assuming you got the game for pc, which if so, means you can get goro for a dollar and seventy five cents, your total purchase still costs less then a third of msrp.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:57 am

-Mazer wrote:I pissed someone off apparently.

jpraelster posted...

You paid 28 dollars for the game, stop bitching, you have NO RIGHT when you payed less then half of what the game is going for, and you got the combat pass, which means you paid 1/3, im assuming you got the game for pc, which if so, means you can get goro for a dollar and seventy five cents, your total purchase still costs less then a third of msrp.
lol what a dumbass.
Just because you(mazer) dodged the shitty practice doesn't mean you don't have the right to bitch about the bad practices.
What is this logic?
Justin
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:52 am

Cybersix wrote:Gen Chat 02: Ω Version - Page 31 NSSndP8
I never knew Koenig worked on the new Star Wars movie. Why didn't you tell us?
Lulz.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:23 am

-Mazer wrote:I pissed someone off apparently.

jpraelster posted...

honestly, the fact that you bought the game gives you even more right to bitch so screw that guy.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next