Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!

+9
smirkytrick
LegendX48
Lux
Ochi
Squirrel500
TensePsychopath
ColumbianLoom
Justin
Cybersix
13 posters

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!  - Page 24 Empty Re: Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!

Post by Lunacy Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Me too; I'd love to have more pronounced fangs.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!  - Page 24 Empty Re: Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!

Post by Lunacy Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

*listens to Sonic 1 and 2 soundtrack*

Gah, these are so good. I feel like this game's music is really underrated. Nobody ever seems to mention it. I like it a lot more than the music from the mario games back then.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:17 pm

I just backed my first kickstarter project. Yooka-Laylee :3
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:04 pm

I wish I could scraped together the money for Bloodstained.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:38 pm

If you guys play splatoon tonight let me know. bearhugger29 is my NNID and let me know if there's a hangout. Also Mazer what video do you speak about you want me to watch?
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Luna wrote:Cyber is a chubby chaser!
You know it! c:

-Mazer wrote:Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!  - Page 24 Tumblr_nplsqmjo531rzf16vo1_500

I LOVE THEIR TEETH
inb4 Mazer gets implants

Luna wrote:Me too; I'd love to have more pronounced fangs.
Kitties need pronounced teeth
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!  - Page 24 2m5xx78
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:40 pm

:3

Good for the nibbles
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm the king at Splatoon.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Didn't seem like the King when I splatted you. I sent you a link at your youtube page and the videos are also in the Splatoon thread

You really need to be around here more :[
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Luna wrote:Gen Chat 04: I wanna live in a Pyramid!  - Page 24 2m5xx78

Not a kitteh. That's a wolf. A wise wolf.

You a moon Kitteh
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:32 pm

smirkytrick wrote:I just backed my first kickstarter project. Yooka-Laylee :3

Koenig wrote:I wish I could scraped together the money for Bloodstained.

Meh. Kickstarters.

Take forever to come out...and not guarenteed its a good product (glares at No 9).

Speaking of kick starters:
German filmmaker Uwe Boll is the gift that keeps on giving.

Boll, known as the “modern Ed Wood”, has made a name for himself by directing really, really, really bad movies. But, the kicker was they were made with huge budgets and big-name actors.

After his alleged financing “loophole” was closed, he reverted back to the indie scene, and actually delivered one hidden gem – Rampage, his 2009 political thriller that starred Brendan Fletcher as a man with a thirst for revenge builds a full body armor from Kevlar and goes on a killing spree. It was awesome. As for the 2014 sequel, it didn’t really turn any heads, and quietly went to home video.

Still, Boll was pushing forward with a third Rampage, only this time utilizing crowd sourcing to get it financed. His first attempt was embarrassing, collecting $6,375 of his request $100,000.

We thought his latest attempt was more reasonable. Still, with only 4 days to go, fans are voting “no,” pledging $25k of the requested $55k.

PR stunt or not, Boll took to YouTube to take out his rage on the crowd-sourcing platforms and “fans” of his work.

Entitled “fuck you all,” Boll goes on a near two-minute rant in which he says “fuck yourself” to both those who failed to support him and the campaign sites, while also proclaiming that he’s rich, doesn’t need us, and that he’s done with Hollywood (good riddance).

Here’s a gem he dropped in his description of the below video:

never will do crowdfunding again …. thanks to the few they supported rampage 3 -.-.—the rest can fuck their mothers incl. KICKSTARTER and all the idiots who talked me into bullshit like this

Who knows, maybe this shit works and he gets Rampage 3 fully funded?

Boll has always been really good at PR stunts, but I don’t think he realizes that most of us our bored with him, and that the younger generation of horror fans have no idea who he is.

If this is a stunt, well, it’s a great attempt to get us all worked up. If it’s not, Boll is actually done with Hollywood and will be golfing his life away leaving behind a legacy of shit that is already forgotte

Also; Legend's support keeps making these things happen

PS3, PC. 360, PS4. X1 and no Wiiu. As per usual

*flips off Capcom
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:41 pm

*Mighty no 9 has not come out yet*

*fails to see the point in glaring at it*

Kickstarters are developers answer to publishers to stupid to meet the gamer's needs.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:I'm the king at Splatoon.
Bear gets dethroned tonight!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:46 pm

I don't see the hatred towards Mighty no.9 now that I think about it. Megaman has never been about its graphics, and we haven't even gotten a feel for it yet. It's game flow could be phenomenal, and the copy/paste faces a artistic decision.

(Is starting to think the extra money will be put into a sequel.)
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm

relevant
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:08 pm

For Mighty No 9 - it just doesn't look like something that cost the amount of money raised. At all. I may get it, depends on how I feel but I am a bit disappointed that it looks like a re-skined Mega Man 1 with a dash attack.

Hell, they have Ice Man, fire man, GUTS MAN

c'mon...

@ Koenig

Except some kickstarters get publishers to throw money at them after the goal is met. Mighty No 9 got a publisher after it raised all of its money.

Some kickstarters are good (Shovel Knight), but others I am wary of. I don't want to give money without a guarantee that the product will be what they have shown, what they are promising, and will be good to begin with.

I am not opposed to Kickstarters - mind you. I think that Yuka Laylee game looks fantastic and so does the Blood game (though their B.S. about not having the WiiU fundering felt idiotic but at least they listened to the fans and gave a WiiU goal).

I am just very wary about kickstarters. It's like early access - I don't want to give my money away to something that won't be out for AGES and I have no guarantee that I'll even like it.

I used to have a lot more faith behind developers that I like. "Oh, it's this developer! I can trust that I like their game!" but that's slowly being worn down on me...

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 pm

-Mazer wrote:For Mighty No 9 - it just doesn't look like something that cost the amount of money raised. At all. I may get it, depends on how I feel but I am a bit disappointed that it looks like a re-skined Mega Man 1 with a dash attack.

Hell, they have Ice Man, fire man, GUTS MAN

c'mon...

True, but consider how long its been since they were allowed to make an actual Megaman game. They're probably super rusty and Inafune is probably feeling nostalgic. Think of it less like a rehash, but rather a homage.
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:00 pm

My point, Mazer, is that it ultimately does not matter how the game was funded as long as the game is good. Mighty No 9 has not come out yet so I consider any criticism of it at this point null and void.

In regards to kickstarter, I do agree to be wary, but I have no problem with Mighty No 9 getting a publisher to back it after it was original put into production. As long as the original backers are given what they were promised nothing has been done wrong.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:15 pm

So when is this beat down going to happen with splatoon huh?
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Koenig wrote:My point, Mazer, is that it ultimately does not matter how the game was funded as long as the game is good.  Mighty No 9 has not come out yet so I consider any criticism of it at this point null and void.

In regards to kickstarter, I do agree to be wary, but I have no problem with Mighty No 9 getting a publisher to back it after it was original put into production.  As long as the original backers are given what they were promised nothing has been done wrong.

I can criticism the game's looks and the fact it looks like a megaman 1 clone - by which I mean it is looking like a serious Mega Man 1 copy and Paste with Dash and better graphics. Same bosses is really irritating - I was fine with a fire themed boss and even an ice-themed boss, but Guts Man? Seriously?. Those are legit critiques man.

And a lot of backers are not happy. Many put the cash in but later discovered that Physical Copies were added to the list. All those people who donated the amount for the physical copies but did so before the copies were announced were NOT allowed to request the physical copies despite donating the amount.

and how it was funded DOES matter. A HUGE amount of people WANTED the game to be kept away from publishers. THAT WAS THE POINT but Infune got one anyway. I saw the outcry and how pissed people were when a publisher stepped in. People see Publishers in these situations as the villain and they don't like how publishers chop things up to sell it.

Granted, I doubt Double Fine will do that with No 9 but with the Publisher and the 4 million dollars, I'd expect the game to look a lot better than it does now. "Rusty" and "Our of practice" or not.

Hell, read the comments from the backers. Many are irritated with the 3D looks when it was originally planned to be hand-drawn sprites. They are not pleased with how different this is now vs the original idea.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Granted - this is NOT me saying the game won't be awesome or that I hate it. I am just not impressed.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:43 pm

lolUweBoll

also, Mazer, I need a screencap of your inkling for the drawing.

edit: they're all gonna be black and white for now until I go back home and then can color them in photoshop
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Okay dokie. I think I have one from today's match. Lemme see
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:So when is this beat down going to happen with splatoon huh?
online right now
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next