Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13

+9
Cybersix
LegendX48
-Mazer
Koenig
smirkytrick
Justin
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Hugh Mungus
13 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:52 pm

LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 16 Empty Re: Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:52 pm

TRIPLE POST BECAUSE HYPE

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 16 ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:54 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 16 ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow

Fuck yeah!

I'll believe it when it gets released and still looks like this. (Though, Insomniac is an amazing company so I am giving it most hype than I usually do)

How was Sony's conference? Give me the bullet points please. Totally missed it :'(
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:03 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 16 ConventionalJitteryAmurminnow

Fuck yeah!

I'll believe it when it gets released and still looks like this. (Though, Insomniac is an amazing company so I am giving it most hype than I usually do)

How was Sony's conference? Give me the bullet points please. Totally missed it :'(
It was pretty good, almost non-stop trailers and gameplay of upcoming games.

God of War (4?) - huge departure from previous games. Almost looks like Last of Us

The Last Guardian - it exists again and it's actually coming out in October iirc

Horizon Zero Dawn - Continues to look awesome, coming Feb 28th

Detroit - More Quantic Dream stuff

Days Gone - looks Last of Us-ish, post apocalypse zombie game

Resident Evil 7 - I... don't know how to feel about this. I think it's a Playstation VR game but it... I don't know. It just looks not at all like Resident Evil, not even modern Resident Evil.

Crash Bandicoot in Skylanders - meh PLUS the PS1 games are being remastered. I have no idea what this means but I'm interpreting it as HD upscaled ports of the PS1 games

A lot of VR stuff, including neat stuff like Battlefront X-Wing missions, and unknown stuff like Batman Arkham VR and totally worthless stuff like FF15 VR (the crowd was dead silent at this particular reveal)

Then, of course, Insomniac's Spider-Man (PS4 exclusive)

I think that was everything
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:16 pm

I wonder how the NX will compare to the competition. Probably not very well all things considered.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Koenig wrote:I wonder how the NX will compare to the competition.  Probably not very well all things considered.
probably poorly. Nintendo likely to be a gen behind forever
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:56 pm

*shrugs* I think the NX may be something rather unique and fun to try...esp if it does have the HDMI streaming thing where you can just plug in a ChromeCast-like jack to any HDMI TV and instantly access your games...

However I am VERY fed up with how they have been keeping EVERYTHING about it a secret.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:01 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:

Fuck yeah!

It was pretty good, almost non-stop trailers and gameplay of upcoming games.

God of War (4?) - huge departure from previous games. Almost looks like Last of Us

The Last Guardian - it exists again and it's actually coming out in October iirc

Horizon Zero Dawn - Continues to look awesome, coming Feb 28th

Detroit - More Quantic Dream stuff

Days Gone - looks Last of Us-ish, post apocalypse zombie game

Resident Evil 7 - I... don't know how to feel about this. I think it's a Playstation VR game but it... I don't know. It just looks not at all like Resident Evil, not even modern Resident Evil.

Crash Bandicoot in Skylanders - meh PLUS the PS1 games are being remastered. I have no idea what this means but I'm interpreting it as HD upscaled ports of the PS1 games

A lot of VR stuff, including neat stuff like Battlefront X-Wing missions, and unknown stuff like Batman Arkham VR and totally worthless stuff like FF15 VR (the crowd was dead silent at this particular reveal)

Then, of course, Insomniac's Spider-Man (PS4 exclusive)

I think that was everything

Eh...ok. Nothing too exciting imo...At least nothing that screams BUY A PS4NEO!!!

Resident Evil 7? Really? Crapcom, let it die already or give us RE2 HD
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:03 pm

-Mazer wrote:*shrugs* I think the NX may be something rather unique and fun to try...esp if it does have the HDMI streaming thing where you can just plug in a ChromeCast-like jack to any HDMI TV and instantly access your games...

However I am VERY fed up with how they have been keeping EVERYTHING about it a secret.
I just want it to be capable of running a 3D Mario that looks as good as the Ratchet and Clank remake. I'm willing to say that that is wanting a lot, but for the processing power these consoles have (should have), it's like the minimum.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:03 pm

oh, don't forget, RE2 HD remake IS happening. But, yeah, RE7 is basically a reboot and a huge PS VR title.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:16 pm

LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:*shrugs* I think the NX may be something rather unique and fun to try...esp if it does have the HDMI streaming thing where you can just plug in a ChromeCast-like jack to any HDMI TV and instantly access your games...

I just want it to be capable of running a 3D Mario that looks as good as the Ratchet and Clank remake. I'm willing to say that that is wanting a lot, but for the processing power these consoles have (should have), it's like the minimum.

I don't think it's not wanting a lot. I mean, 99% of 3D mario titles are some of the best looking games on Nintendo consoles and they are as good looking as most other games of the same genre.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:59 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:
-Mazer wrote:I CALLED IT BITCHES!

If the new games are using that power then they will have huge downgrades for the current version of the systems.

How much are they?
no one knows yet. We only know that they're launching 2017, likely to combat the NX launch

*shakes his head* As PS4 owners...how do you guys feel?
As a ps4 owner, doesn't matter much to me as long as they stay true to the fact that the games will play on both. I mean heck 99% of the games I am excited for this year either started on the ps3 or is still cross gen with the PS3 Razz

heh, hopefully it is more than just unique and fun, it needs a wow factor, as it needs to draw people. I know the wiiu gen has soured me enough that there is no way in hell I pick up the NX early on, I doubt I am the only one Razz

depending on how zelda looks tomorrow, (which if the rumors are true I will be excited for it) I might pick up the NX for the zelda game after that. totally getting zelda on the wiiu though (though if there is a decent LE I will likely preorder the NX version as well if it is NX exclusive lol)
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:06 am

Unique and fun is really all I need in a console. Why do you think I've held off of the PS4 so long? Most of the titles are pretty generic/run of the mill. Not putting any of them down but they are not very WOW for me...

While yes most Nint games on WiiU follow the same style, they do some things a bit different that sucks me back in.

(Though so far I am not digging Star Fox's controls...AT ALL)

Yarn Yoshi is too cute!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:17 am

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:

I don't think it's not wanting a lot. I mean, 99% of 3D mario titles are some of the best looking games on Nintendo consoles and they are as good looking as most other games of the same genre.
With the exception of 3D World, I do agree :p

I'd be happy if the NX, power wise, were to end up somewhere between the PS4K and Xbone Scorpio but I can't see that happening.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:35 am

-Mazer wrote:Unique and fun is really all I need in a console. Why do you think I've held off of the PS4 so long? Most of the titles are pretty generic/run of the mill. Not putting any of them down but they are not very WOW for me...

While yes most Nint games on WiiU follow the same style, they do some things a bit different that sucks me back in.

(Though so far I am not digging Star Fox's controls...AT ALL)

Yarn Yoshi is too cute!

for me a steady stream of games is important, thus overall market appeal is important.

I mean I own I think 8 games on the wiiU. The only game I don't own on the wiiu that I still actually want that has released is splatoon (one of the only games I would actually consider unique and fun from nintendo on the wiiu. Tastes will vary but most of the rest that I own are just more of the same) after that I will be getting tokyo mirage sessions and maybe zelda u. and that will be it, there really isn't anything else that interests me. Even my gamecube collection is nearly double that size lol.

if that is all the NX ends up with it will be another major disappointment. Ideally they can attract some third parties to make games for it. I mean I am a big JRPG person so the ps4 easily craps all over the wiiu at this point. with in the next year there is around as many games for the ps4 coming out that I will buy happily for my collection as my entire wiiu collection.

I know making games takes time and money, but nintendo does have plenty of funds to make some more teams and make it so they release more than 1-2 games of interest a year.

either way I am hoping the NX is more n64/gamecube years than wii/wiiu years.
I want the next installment of mario kart to feel wrong like double dash did, not be merely a more polished version of every single mario kart since mario kart DS like 8 was.

I want to look at the next mario game and feel wowed about how different it feels. regardless of my feelings of galaxy not being all that different from mario 64, galaxy 2 sure didn't try to make itself stand out nor did any of the new super mario bros or world games. old nintendo would have never made mario galaxy 2 or the other games, but current nintendo is just cashing in on the fan base.

I mean we will see, the rumors of the new zelda game sound great, if they turn out to be real I am sure there will be a ton of pissed zelda fans, but I will personally be quite excited for it as pissed off fans about stuff in general has been a great thing for nintendo reveals of games. they should be breaking out of the norm.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:14 am

NX needs games. Something the Wii U certainly lacked from 3rd parties.
If rumors hold out that it's... capable of VR, then it may have some power to it.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:39 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:NX needs games. Something the Wii U certainly lacked from 3rd parties.
If rumors hold out that it's... capable of VR, then it may have some power to it.

if that rumor is true then power or not the NX is likely dead on arrival.

people interested in VR are already going to be on board with the current choices such as rift or vive, or playstation VR this fall.

microsoft is most likely partnering with rift for their VR.

a console that could run HTC's VR would cost at least $600 and thus nintendo would have to be doing their own thing. not impossible, but much like the wiiu controller wouldn't really appeal to most people.

rumors had the nx slightly more powerful than the ps4 or xbox one. when it releases next year it will be far behind scorpio and neo in power most likely.

pushing the console back a bit more, to add Vr to it would be pretty much pointless and just inflate the cost for everyone involved with barely anyone caring.

the wiiu would have likely done a lot better if it just shipped with the pro controller, was marketed as the wii 2 or wii HD and cost $100 less to the consumer at launch.

that is the market nintendo needs to hit. They need to basically aim to make the best gaming console they can at $199 as that is about the only way I can see nintendo actually winning gamers back. (really as a hyrbid something like $199 for the console, $149 for the handheld, and $299 for the set of both as logically the home console will be some sort of dock for the handheld to allow it to have access to more ram/cpu/gpu ect. but we will see.)

but we will have to see, they could reveal something like the wii mote of wow factor again. I really can't see that happening though, as about the only tech that would line up with that which would be feesable at a consumer level is VR and they are already really late to that.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mungus Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:48 am

R.I.P. Resident Evil.
Hugh Mungus
Hugh Mungus

Bounty : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 am

I want o be excited for the NX, but considering my feeling towards the wii U I have sincere doubts. Mind you I do like the Wii U, but it simply does not have enough games I am interested in; a console needs a library of games, not just a few gems here and there. Unless Nintendo can double or triple the support they can give to the NX and/or secure proper third party support, I fear the system will just be a repeat of the Wii U. As others have mentioned, I would much rather have a library similar to the N64 and Game Cube.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:54 am

Power stuff aside, for me, I would hope the NX has a good controller. Fuck the Wii U gamepad, fuck it up its ass!!!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 am

LegendX48 wrote:Power stuff aside, for me, I would hope the NX has a good controller. Fuck the Wii U gamepad, fuck it up its ass!!!
I somewhat agree...although, it's awesome that it's useful to play when someone else is using the tv. That happens often in my home.
Also, sometimes when I can't find the tv control, I use the gamepad instead.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:38 am

only bringing zelda to e3 would have been better.
this is like the most boring pokemon coverage in the history of pokemon coverage... which is an impressive feat.
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:40 am

Earth to Nintendo:

Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 16 Get-on-with-it

Also:
Gen Chat 13: About damn time we got to 13 - Page 16 Q42VSLZ
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:48 am

I don't think there's gonna be anything else.
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:11 pm

At least Zelda looks really good. Can't say much else for treehouse so far.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next