Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

+6
zulux21
TensePsychopath
Cybersix
Justin
smirkytrick
LegendX48
10 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by Lunacy Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:09 pm

First full day of being 29. D;
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 Empty Re: Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Happy birthday Luna. Just one more year before you hit 30.

30 DUDE
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Technically my b-day was yesterday, but I digress.

D;
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:38 pm

WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME! What kind of moderator am I if I cannot post happy birthday wishes!!!
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Luna!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 930b7cc0454c25c4cdd156b46ab26549--anime-cake-japanese-snacks
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:43 pm

so.... I can't tell if this looks crazy awesome, or like it's going to make me quickly throw up

mario kart VR
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Happy B-day Luna!!!
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:21 pm

zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:25 pm

-Mazer wrote:WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME! What kind of moderator am I if I cannot post happy birthday wishes!!!
I'm surprised you didn't notice. I don't usually advertise it, especially on the day of.
LegendX48 wrote:Happy Belated Birthday, Luna!
smirkytrick wrote:Happy B-day Luna!!!
Thanks

-Mazer wrote:Gen Chat XVIII: Castlevania is the bewbs - Page 5 930b7cc0454c25c4cdd156b46ab26549--anime-cake-japanese-snacks

I kinda want.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Youtube has been updated again. But this time I think it's not going to get anyone upset.
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 pm

I am a little disappointed in James Rolfe's review of Castlevania. I do not understand his opinion that the show does not "Feel like Castlevania".

What does that mean? We have the monsters from the game. We have the storyline from the game. We have some of the game's settings (Gear room, main hallway, catacombs). Trevor fights with a whip. They throw holy water. Sypha uses her ice magic...

I don't really understand when people say these things towards a storyline that barely existed in the original medium.

Like "Mario Brothers movie doesn't feel like the game."

How?

Plumbers? Yes
Shooting fireballs and jumping high: Yes
King Koopa, Koopa's tower, goombas, koopa troopas? Yes
Iggy, Spike? Yes
Princess and yoshi? Yes
Powerups and mushrooms? Yes

Do you want the movie to be about a man who breaks bricks on his head and jumps on 4 foot tall walking mushrooms?

So what is it about the Castlevania anime that is not Castlevania?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:22 pm

From what little I have seen, it certainly did not capture the spirit of Dracula imo. Artistically the show is very similar however. Still need to watch more to get a feel for the resonant tone.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Koenig wrote:From what little I have seen, it certainly did not capture the spirit of Dracula imo.  Artistically the show is very similar however.  Still need to watch more to get a feel for the resonant tone.

How does it not?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Dracula, at least from what I saw of the first episode, was portrayed as a tragic villain, near saint like before being "turned" against man. Never once has he ever displayed any of those characteristics in the games I have played, save for the Lords of shadow reboot. (Which is my least favorite castlevania game)
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Koenig wrote:Dracula, at least from what I saw of the first episode, was portrayed as a tragic villain, near saint like before being "turned" against man.  Never once has he ever displayed any of those characteristics in the games I have played, save for the Lords of shadow reboot. (Which is my least favorite castlevania game)

Tbh; he is rarely shown to have much a personality to begin with. Especially in the 8 bit games. Furthermore, they are following the concept of him not being the monster Dracula, but Vlad Dracula Tepes who, in reality, was a tragic character.

The man loses his family at childhood and is locked away in prison for most of his young life as the Turks took over his empire. He is released, thought to be little threat, and sneaks back home where he builds a resistance, retakes his castle, and builds an army. This is when he becomes Vlad the Impaler, and starts murdering the Turks and posting their bodies on spikes in order to warn all those who dare invade his territory.

The only things keeping him at bay were his wife - whom he worshiped and loved - and the Church - whom he feared. When his wife grew frightened of his cruelty (mind you, he never raised a hand to her. She feared he was under the influence of black magic and devilry), she threw herself off the castle walls.

Upon her death - much like in the anime - he becomes a blood thirsty tyrant. It is after her death that he no longer fears the church. Basically believing that she will never be sent to heaven for killing herself and therefore, why should he try to reach heaven himself? It is during this period when his cruelty went beyond murdering his enemies in battle and evolved into torturing any and all who dared commit a crime within his territory.

He would nail turbans to the heads of those who refused to remove them in his presence. He executed an ambassador when the man grew sick from the stench of rotten flesh around his castle. He dipped his food in the blood of his victims and ate it. Had men sawed in half, heads impaled on spikes around his castle walls, and the wives of his enemies tortured and butchered.

Just like the Dracula in the anime, Vlad was a cold, cruel man but was very loyal to those he loved. But when that was taken from him; all bets were off.

To me, Dracula has ALWAYS been a faceless villain in the Castlevania franchise. Having at most a few lines of dialogue throughout the series. He was just a mindless monster end boss so I welcome the fact that they give reason for him to attack the world.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 pm

-Mazer wrote:
Koenig wrote:Dracula, at least from what I saw of the first episode, was portrayed as a tragic villain, near saint like before being "turned" against man.  Never once has he ever displayed any of those characteristics in the games I have played, save for the Lords of shadow reboot. (Which is my least favorite castlevania game)

Tbh; he is rarely shown to have much a personality to begin with. Especially in the 8 bit games. Furthermore, they are following the concept of him not being the monster Dracula, but Vlad Dracula Tepes who, in reality, was a tragic character.

The man loses his family at childhood and is locked away in prison for most of his young life as the Turks took over his empire. He is released, thought to be little threat, and sneaks back home where he builds a resistance, retakes his castle, and builds an army. This is when he becomes Vlad the Impaler, and starts murdering the Turks and posting their bodies on spikes in order to warn all those who dare invade his territory.

The only things keeping him at bay were his wife - whom he worshiped and loved  - and the Church - whom he feared. When his wife grew frightened of his cruelty (mind you, he never raised a hand to her. She feared he was under the influence of black magic and devilry), she threw herself off the castle walls.

Upon her death - much like in the anime - he becomes a blood thirsty tyrant. It is after her death that he no longer fears the church. Basically believing that she will never be sent to heaven for killing herself and therefore, why should he try to reach heaven himself? It is during this period when his cruelty went beyond murdering his enemies in battle and evolved into torturing any and all who dared commit a crime within his territory.

He would nail turbans to the heads of those who refused to remove them in his presence. He executed an ambassador when the man grew sick from the stench of rotten flesh around his castle. He dipped his food in the blood of his victims and ate it. Had men sawed in half, heads impaled on spikes around his castle walls, and the wives of his enemies tortured and butchered.

Just like the Dracula in the anime, Vlad was a cold, cruel man but was very loyal to those he loved. But when that was taken from him; all bets were off.

To me, Dracula has ALWAYS been a faceless villain in the Castlevania franchise. Having at most a few lines of dialogue throughout the series. He was just a mindless monster end boss so I welcome the fact that they give reason for him to attack the world.
Fair enough. To me the Castlevainia Dracula will always be a "Force of nature" villain that embodies all that is evil (Similar to calamity Ganon in BoTW). I can certainly understand why that would be hard to make a character around, but I feel it still has a lot of potential to explore, especially for the hero's and characters whom are affected by him/it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 pm

I can understand that but I feel for Dracula himself, he needed a backstory. If he just appeared one day and sent his armies out, things would be rather one sided. We would not have the Church side-story, the other villains and heroes, etc.

His attack on Wallachia is the turning point for several characters including Trevor. I feel his backstory and characterization was a necessity.

Of course, I've never liked Dracula as being a Black and White villain. He has always been an intelligent, calculating being to me.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Although this is more of a side tangent, but... Have their ever been any fantasy fiction stories where the catholic & or protestant church is portrayed as a force for good instead of being made into a villain in their own right? I know its easy to use the crusades and close mindedness for an easy power figure to distort , but I for one am quite tired of it.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Injustice 2 has some good facial animations and body animation (in cutscenes... so far) are fine. In gameplay they can get pretty darn shitty
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Koenig wrote:Although this is more of a side tangent, but... Have their ever been any fantasy fiction stories where the catholic & or protestant church is portrayed as a force for good instead of being made into a villain in their own right?  I know its easy to use the crusades and close mindedness for an easy power figure to distort , but I for one am quite tired of it.

Technically, Alexander Anderson was a good guy as was his followers in Hellsing Ultimate. They all gave up their chances to goto heaven in order to rid the world of evil - including their own church. The problem was that that includes ANYONE who they see as heathens, including other good guys.

And historically, since this takes place in the 1400s, this is a VERY accurate depiction of the Church. The real church would threaten Vlad Tepes all the time for his inhumane treatment of his enemy.

Also - Angels are good guys in DxD also Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:30 pm

LegendX48 wrote:Injustice 2 has some good facial animations and body animation (in cutscenes... so far) are fine. In gameplay they can get pretty darn shitty

*still waiting for the actual complete version to be released
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:Injustice 2 has some good facial animations and body animation (in cutscenes... so far) are fine. In gameplay they can get pretty darn shitty

*still waiting for the actual complete version to be released

Mazer....

did you at least like your sealed gamecube game?
it's worth a decent amount so can be used to help your honeymoon Razz
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 pm

LOL I told you I did. I liked a majority of the items in the box, silly.

I have the game nice and neat on my shelf next to all my steelbooks and special editions
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:44 am

-Mazer wrote:LOL I told you I did. I liked a majority of the items in the box, silly.

I have the game nice and neat on my shelf next to all my steelbooks and special editions

I can never remember things :3
did you figure out where the toys came from as most of them came from two different sets of toys Razz?
zulux21
zulux21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next