Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

+11
Lunacy
TensePsychopath
Koenig
Squirrel500
ColumbianLoom
LegendX48
Justin
Cybersix
Lux
smirkytrick
-Mazer
15 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 28 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by LegendX48 Fri May 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Bearhugger29 wrote:Well for me as a gamer who prefers Digital Downloads now due to my lack of keeping games longer then a day and trading them in. I much prefer Digital Downloads now. I don't care having a stupid box for a game that no one will even care to stare for longer then 5 seconds. Yet I tend to laugh my ass off at people when they bitch and cry at cover art. Really, your playing the fucking game fool not the box art. Don't you even dare give me that excuse Legend "Oh well box art does matter, makes the game stand out when choosing it" or something along those lines, well DUH pretty pictures on the box is meant to pull you in. Yet ends up with a shit game at the end of the tunnel.
You're druank, honey.
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 28 Empty Re: GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO!

Post by Bearhugger29 Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 pm

wtf Legend. HAHAHAHAHA

Also, If I hear one more fucking person say Zombies with Guns in Resident Evil 5 or 6. I will fucking snap.
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by -Insanity- Sat May 31, 2014 1:26 am

Zombies...
Spoiler:
-Insanity-
-Insanity-

Bounty : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat May 31, 2014 1:38 am

LegendX48 wrote:
Bearhugger29 wrote:Well for me as a gamer who prefers Digital Downloads now due to my lack of keeping games longer then a day and trading them in. I much prefer Digital Downloads now. I don't care having a stupid box for a game that no one will even care to stare for longer then 5 seconds. Yet I tend to laugh my ass off at people when they bitch and cry at cover art. Really, your playing the fucking game fool not the box art. Don't you even dare give me that excuse Legend "Oh well box art does matter, makes the game stand out when choosing it" or something along those lines, well DUH pretty pictures on the box is meant to pull you in. Yet ends up with a shit game at the end of the tunnel.
You're druank, honey.

GenChat Volume XXXVIII: Why So Serious Team Fortress 2 GO! - Page 28 2cents

Personally physical products are almost always better than digital. We have too many stories of servers shutting down or companies pulling digital products out of customer's hands (Amazon/Disney removed a lot of products that people paid for digitally and all those downloads were afterwards null meaning they could no longer watch their product).

Plus I am a collector. I love having a wall of games to display even if no one else cares; I always do.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bearhugger29 Sat May 31, 2014 2:14 am

Okay can someone please please get this for me. I have the money in my bank but they will not accept my virtual visa debit. I will buy said person who snags this for me a game on steam for the same price. PLEASE

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/final-fantasy-xi-ultimate-collection-seekers-edition/107615?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=bEhZTnJ1h88-bzb8w4c_2Tqi_DU0AI60RA
Bearhugger29
Bearhugger29

Bounty : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Sat May 31, 2014 2:37 am

-Insanity- wrote:
smirkytrick wrote:
-Insanity- wrote:WTF you can't split screen with one person using the gamepad, while the other uses the whole tv?

WHY!? You'd think they'd do that for this game.
According to this, you can split screen.
Gamepad as First Player, whole TV as Second Player.
There's no option for this.
Do you have the other controllers registered?
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat May 31, 2014 9:09 am

Digital Copies are just more convenient for me. I don't really care for hard copies. I like to have all my games ready to go when I start up my system and I can buy the game instantly for my house and play it shortly after.

Sure box arts are cool, but if the game isn't limited edition I would prefer a digital copy. This way when I'm traveling, the only thing I have to back is my Wii U and hard drive. I don't have to pack all these games and what not. Sure, I could just get a CD case and put the games in there, but then what's the point of even having the boxes? They just take up space.

Nowadays, boxes are getting less important. The instruction manuals are getting gimped because of digital manuals and the boxes themselves are getting thinner and thinner.

I don't don't need hard copies anymore unless it's a limited addition version.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 31, 2014 9:44 am

I agree with mazar how it's annoying that companies can just revoke one's rights to a digital product, but practically speaking, digital is better for me. I hate having clutter in my room. There are very very few things that will get me to buy a physical product.

I'd like it if more companies had would sell digital copies of things that are drm free. If I can just buy a movie that's drm free and I can store on my hard drive in case the service goes down, I'd be happy. But most digital products are leased to people and not sold now a days. :/
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat May 31, 2014 10:11 am

Darth Luna wrote:I agree with mazar how it's annoying that companies can just revoke one's rights to a digital product, but practically speaking, digital is better for me. I hate having clutter in my room. There are very very few things that will get me to buy a physical product.

I'd like it if more companies had would sell digital copies of things that are drm free. If I can just buy a movie that's drm free and I can store on my hard drive in case the service goes down, I'd be happy. But most digital products are leased to people and not sold now a days. :/

I totally agree that DRM is bullshit. If I bought a digital copy, I should be able to use it as I please. But I guess they want to fight piracy, but piracy is going to happen anyways. You can't beat the pirates, it's literally impossible.

Last edited by ColumbianLoom on Sat May 31, 2014 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 31, 2014 10:16 am

I suppose you meant "piracy," but anyhow, drm itself will cause people to pirate things. One reason piracy is so big is because it's so convenient. Download a movie and you can move it around from device to device without issue, other than format restrictions. Get a digital copy with drm and you're extremely limited on what you can do with it. Piracy will never go away, but the best combat is giving convenience to the consumer. Or at least a choice.
There are already tiered choices for sd/hd and buy/rent. What about a drm free version that can be downloaded and saved locally?
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat May 31, 2014 10:44 am

Darth Luna wrote:I suppose you meant "piracy," but anyhow, drm itself will cause people to pirate things. One reason piracy is so big is because it's so convenient. Download a movie and you can move it around from device to device without issue, other than format restrictions. Get a digital copy with drm and you're extremely limited on what you can do with it. Piracy will never go away, but the best combat is giving convenience to the consumer. Or at least a choice.
There are already tiered choices for sd/hd and buy/rent. What about a drm free version that can be downloaded and saved locally?

Lol thanks for catching that.

Anyways, totally. If producers gave consumers flexible options with their products then more people would support them and flock to their products. As long as there's stupid restrictions like DRM, more people will want the pirated version.

As you can see what happened with the Xbox One, DRM is not supported by the public at all.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 31, 2014 10:50 am

I accept why DRM exists, but not the implementation, usually. They can be quite draconian and overbearing with it.

As for MS, they didn't have to back track on the whole thing and then suddenly reveal some "features" that were going away, like the family sharing plan, they could have just said: "disc based games will be like they've always been, but the digital versions will obviously have these restrictions, but they'll have these benefits." They did horrible PR and then that asshole Don Mattrick just left the company. I would have fired his ass for his fuck up.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat May 31, 2014 11:03 am

Darth Luna wrote:I accept why DRM exists, but not the implementation, usually. They can be quite draconian and overbearing with it.

As for MS, they didn't have to back track on the whole thing and then suddenly reveal some "features" that were going away, like the family sharing plan, they could have just said: "disc based games will be like they've always been, but the digital versions will obviously have these restrictions, but they'll have these benefits." They did horrible PR and then that asshole Don Mattrick just left the company. I would have fired his ass for his fuck up.

I have yet to see a successful DRM plan by any company. If you know of any, I'm all hears.

Also, your right, MS did a terrible job of getting out their message and making the disc games DRM as well was a bad call. They shot themselves in the foot multiple times during that E3 presser. And Don Mattrick just wanted nothing to do with it lol. The guy seemed nice but it was pretty lame that he just left before the system even came out and caused a lot of those problems.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 31, 2014 11:39 am

He wasn't nice at all, he was a dickhead.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel500 Sat May 31, 2014 11:57 am

ColumbianLoom wrote:
Darth Luna wrote:I accept why DRM exists, but not the implementation, usually. They can be quite draconian and overbearing with it.

I have yet to see a successful DRM plan by any company. If you know of any, I'm all hears.

Also, your right, MS did a terrible job of getting out their message and making the disc games DRM as well was a bad call. They shot themselves in the foot multiple times during that E3 presser. And Don Mattrick just wanted nothing to do with it lol. The guy seemed nice but it was pretty lame that he just left before the system even came out and caused a lot of those problems.

well that's a total dick move, especially to do that at E3
Squirrel500
Squirrel500

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat May 31, 2014 1:08 pm

I prefer physical copies for a number of reasons, which I will now share with you!
*No stop, wait!*

Number one:  Right of ownership.
When I buy a physical copy of a game, I can rest easy with the knowledge that It belongs to me.  No one can deny me access to the game nor can they take it away.  Like I can lend the game out to friends, trade the game with others, or re-sell the game so that I can buy others without any strings attached.  Simply put, the physical copy carries much more value than digital copies do.  Companies may hate the used game market, but it is in fact one of the biggest reasons a lot of people can actually buy more than a few games a year.

Number two: Collect-ability.
Some people are collectors, simple as that.  A physical copy is a tangible and aesthetic collectible.  Having a complete set of a game series brings joy to my heart (Ace attorney 1,2,3,4 are all in my collection!) Unlike their digital counterparts, these copies are in limited supply and eventually become more valuable over time.

Number three: Manuals! well...once upon a time...
While this aspect of physical copies has all but vanished as publishers become increasingly anti consumer, the fact remains that I love a good manual.  Does any one remember the days when we got a 40 page booklet with each game that included a number of tips, guides, background information, and the like; All in one language?  Well I do, and it was awesome!

Number four:  That new game smell.
Yeah yeah, a stupid number four, but lets be honest; we all like that smell.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 31, 2014 1:18 pm

I share you feelings with number one, only. Well, number three as well, but it's like like it used to be. I remember that game manuals would also have some fun tidbits. Maybe some extra backstory or info on game items/weapons. It was so neat, but that's a thing of the past. :/

I do on occasion buy a collectors edition or something, but not because I like collecting stuff, just that I'm a fan and those editions usually have extra goodies that I want. Usually in the form of early access dlc or exclusive dlc.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat May 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Number three is gone for no other reason than publisher greed. It is something that can still be found from time to time, albeit very rarely.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat May 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Hey Mazer; ever watch Glove and Boots?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 31, 2014 1:26 pm

I love how they claimed it was for environmental reasons that they did so.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat May 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Darth Luna wrote:I love how they claimed it was for environmental reasons that they did so.
What can I say to them other than, BULL SHIT.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Sat May 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Exactly! XD
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat May 31, 2014 1:55 pm

A company who openly admitted its reasoning would garner far more respect from me than those who come up with petty excuses. Better yet, stop cutting corners to begin with!
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Sat May 31, 2014 1:57 pm

@Koenig
You're number 1 reason is definitely the strongest argument. I totally agree with you there and that's something the digital copies cannot do.

With Wii U, none of friends have it and they'll probably will never get it. So I won't be lending them to anyone.

But the 3DS and PS3, that's a different story. For those systems I buy the physical copy because I know more people that have these systems. 3DS, it makes more sense being physically because a game takes up so much space (luckily I have a 32 gib sd card though).

For the PS3, I buy most of games used so I can't really get around that.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Sat May 31, 2014 3:13 pm

club Nintendo is down because of all the people getting free games XD

Also; Koeing - I have not seen them
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum