Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition.

+11
Bearhugger29
Justin
ColumbianLoom
Lux
Squirrel500
smirkytrick
LegendX48
-Mazer
Lunacy
Cybersix
Koenig
15 posters

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 Empty Re: General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition.

Post by Lux Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:32 am

xXJus10Xx wrote:
Koenig wrote:So I kinda wrote a blog...

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/threads/five-anime-sins.2104/

I did not grammar check it though, lol.
There are many "sins" of Anime.
Right now the largest sin is a heavy heaping amount of female characters that outmatch the male count nine to one, and not even in a harem anime.

Males in anime are becoming obsolete.
(all imo of course)
Cuz dudes in anime are typically for the sake of comedy relief, or having a Butt Monkey in the cast. Most random anime scenes I've seen on youtube are that typical scene where some female character is insufficiently dressed, and the moment someone with a dick notices it and/or makes mention of it...
General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 Makoto-s-astral-finish-o
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 Empty Re: General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition.

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:03 am

-Mazer wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:hey guys have any of you played Catherine? I'm thinking about buying it

YES. Fucking amazing game, one of my absolute favorites from last-gen.

It's insane. I need to return to it after Deadly Premonition

Nothing can beat Deadly Premonition in the insanity department though. Very Happy 

Damn skippy. And the game gives me legit chills. Playing at night in the dark and hearing "I Don't Want to Diiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee" gives me the creeps

One of the reasons DP is so cool is that it can genuinely be extremely creepy and sad at some points, while being gut-bustingly hilarious at others. The car rides for example. 
Very Happy

Also, on the topic of horror games, anyone who likes them but doesn't like jump scares needs to play Condemned.

Last edited by TensePsychopath on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Bounty : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:46 am

TensePsychopath wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:
-Mazer wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:
Squirrel500 wrote:hey guys have any of you played Catherine? I'm thinking about buying it

YES. Fucking amazing game, one of my absolute favorites from last-gen.

It's insane. I need to return to it after Deadly Premonition

Nothing can beat Deadly Premonition in the insanity department though. Very Happy 

Damn skippy. And the game gives me legit chills. Playing at night in the dark and hearing "I Don't Want to Diiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee" gives me the creeps

One of the reasons DP is so cool is that it genuinely be extremely creepy and sad at some points, while being gut-bustingly hilarious at others. The car rides for example. 
Very Happy

Also, on the topic of horror games, anyone who likes them but doesn't like jump scares needs to play Condemned.

Just got past
Spoiler:
and it is VERY creepy. I love York to death and the other characters are very fascinating as well. I also enjoy the variety of weapons though I primarily use the Infinite machine gun for most of my missions.

I HATE the monster thingies. Mostly because of the noises they make and their constant regenerating.

And this loading screen

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 646555-deadly-premonition-the-director-s-cut-windows-screenshot-loading

brrr

And Condemned? OMG BEST horror game on the 360. PERIOD. AMAZING game. So scary.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:49 am

Also: I found the tumblr made for Legend, Lux, and Luna

http://onlytails.tumblr.com/

nsfw
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:34 am

York is one of my all time favorite protagonists. DP is also one of the few games where I genuinely cared about the characters and despite all it's bizarre elements, the story is actually really well constructed (there's a ton of foreshadowing).

Have you met Mr. Stewart yet?
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by ColumbianLoom Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:30 am

Finally the forums are working for me again!
xXJus10Xx wrote:
There are many "sins" of Anime.
Right now the largest sin is a heavy heaping amount of female characters that outmatch the male count nine to one, and not even in a harem anime.

Males in anime are becoming obsolete.
(all imo of course)

Koenig wrote:It is a valid observation; though I would classify it under pointless fanservice

You guys really need to watch Hunter x Hunter. 90% sausage fest. Btw, I don't mind the vast amount of female characters in animes. Though, I do wish maybe that there were a little bit more supporting male characters that weren't all just comical relief characters.
ColumbianLoom
ColumbianLoom

Bounty : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:29 am

I just marathonned a 25 episode show, cut me some slack!  
Surprised 
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Transistor is a daily deal on steam today O_O

MUST RESIST URGE TO DOUBLE DIP!

-Mazer wrote:Also: I found the tumblr made for Legend, Lux, and Luna

http://onlytails.tumblr.com/

nsfw
o.o
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 pm

ColumbianLoom wrote:Btw, I don't mind the vast amount of female characters in animes.
Of course you do...
Spoiler:
:3
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Cybersix wrote:
Seizure Warning.
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Koenig wrote:
Cybersix wrote:
Seizure Warning.
I was fine
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:58 pm

TensePsychopath wrote:York is one of my all time favorite protagonists. DP is also one of the few games where I genuinely cared about the characters and despite all it's bizarre elements, the story is actually really well constructed (there's a ton of foreshadowing).

I just now got to that part of the game Very Happy I stopped playing after Emily visited the hotel and we learned about Zach and York's family.

also...this is a thing now

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 A3YmLOQ_700b
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:01 pm

You should buy it and review it, mazar.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:19 pm

I should, shouldn't I :3

also; time to finish Hellsing episodes 7 and 8...

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TensePsychopath Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:28 pm

-Mazer wrote:
TensePsychopath wrote:York is one of my all time favorite protagonists. DP is also one of the few games where I genuinely cared about the characters and despite all it's bizarre elements, the story is actually really well constructed (there's a ton of foreshadowing).

I just now got to that part of the game Very Happy  I stopped playing after Emily visited the hotel and we learned about Zach and York's family.

I love that scene. Particularly because it gave us this gif:
General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 Tumblr_static_effesfeefsefs
TensePsychopath
TensePsychopath

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:40 pm

*Pokes Mazer with skewing stick*

Did papa mazer read mah thread yet?
Koenig
Koenig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:02 pm

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 51k70ec8FvL

love these =3
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:30 pm

I love butterscotch hard candies, myself.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:15 pm

-Mazer wrote:I love butterscotch hard candies, myself.
Mazer confirmed for old man
I like Riesens myself
Cybersix
Cybersix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Cybersix wrote:
-Mazer wrote:I love butterscotch hard candies, myself.
Mazer confirmed for old man
lmao
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:04 pm

BUTTERSCOTCH ROCKS SHUT UP YOUR FACE, DAMN KIDS
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Hmm....I love sour+spicy fruit candy. When it comes to to chocolate, sweet is my fave.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:13 pm

General Chat XXXIX: Reading Rainbow Returns Edition. - Page 27 377x-chocolate-naked
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:14 pm

I will not be appeased/distracted! @__@
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next