Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

+7
Justin
Koenig
Lunacy
Lux
TensePsychopath
smirkytrick
ColumbianLoom
11 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

Post by -Mazer Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:37 pm

I am really looking forward to the game Very Happy

As for Marvel movies as a whole - I am ore interested in the Captain Americas and Thor (former for feeling much different than other marvel films and the latter for feeling more story and character driven over the action.

I am pretty much just looking forward to Civil War and Infinity. The rest I will wait for on DVD.

I understand the issue of not having an "end" but to be fair, no movie franchise has ever been able to pull this massive arc before. It's one of the first times we have ever seen this and it is pretty interesting to see how this franchise ends (arc wise)
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition

Post by -Mazer Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:38 pm

LegendX48 wrote:would it be silly to buy the hardcover version of a comic I already own?

I dun think so. I've been tempted to get the hardcovers of the Avatar Airbender series despite buying them paperback alright
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:52 pm

-Mazer wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:would it be silly to buy the hardcover version of a comic I already own?

I dun think so. I've been tempted to get the hardcovers of the Avatar Airbender series despite buying them paperback alright
The only downside is that it's $75 for a new copy and that's one of the lower prices >.>

also, kinda disappointed to see that one of my favorite X-Men characters was put into a coma during an apparently super disappointing X-Force run :\
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkytrick Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:18 am

Hey mazer! added new details to our game thread
smirkytrick
smirkytrick

Bounty : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:46 am

Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:26 am

No. I try to buy hardcovers of comics/ books I if I can, if I can't I'd buy the paperback and try and get the hardcover in the future.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:51 pm

First you guys say double dipping is a no no, now you say it's cool. Conflicting messages!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Lol
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Bounty : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:57 pm

It sucks though cause it's out of print and expensive >.>
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:58 pm

indeed
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybersix Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:00 pm

LegendX48 wrote:First you guys say double dipping is a no no, now you say it's cool. Conflicting messages!
When it comes to books? Fuck yeah I'd double dip.
Cybersix
Cybersix

Bounty : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Cybersix wrote:
LegendX48 wrote:First you guys say double dipping is a no no, now you say it's cool. Conflicting messages!
When it comes to books? Fuck yeah I'd double dip.

Same. I'd love to have a hardbound version of The Shining and I've purchased 2 copies of Shadows of Empire (mostly because my first copy was ruined)

And there is a difference between double dipping with books and double dipping "HD remakes" of games...huge difference.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Two story-missions away from beating this game finally.

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 7 Afrika_-_%28PS3_video_game_cover%29
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 pm

The "Black Lives Matter" Movement gets very offended by the "Blue Lives MAtter" and "All Lives Matter" Baseball game meant to raise money for 2 families whose fathers/husbands were killed in the line of duty.

Social-justice activists and left-leaning websites criticized the timing of the event, which took place on the anniversary of Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson, Mo., but team officials insist it was simply a coincidence.

Blue Lives Matter NYC, a charity for the families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty, hosted the fundraising event during a baseball game between the Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones at the Richmond County Bank Ballpark.

The families of NYPD detectives Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos — who were shot and killed by a lone gunman in Brooklyn in December 2014 — were honored during the ball game. One of Liu’s family members threw out the ceremonial first pitch.

“It was treated just as we do with every group that comes in. It was pretty standard. We get these inquiries many times a week,” Jane Rogers, the team’s president and general manager, said in an interview with Yahoo News.

“It was really a coincidence that it fell on the anniversary date,” Rogers said. “There was never any intent to connect the days in any way. We just wanted to provide a space like any other group looking to fundraise at the ballpark.”

NYPD Sgt. Joe Imperatrice, the nonprofit’s founder and president, likened the organization to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. He said no one was aware of the date’s significance during preparation.

“We were just focused on having something positive come out of something negative,” he told Yahoo News. “We just wanted to get them out of the house and put a smile on their face.”

Their goal was to raise money for the Liu and Ramos families, who lost their main source of income, to help pay for their
Attendees received a Blue Lives Matter wristband featuring the Staten Island Yankees logo with every ticket purchase.

“We’re not here to take sides. We’re not here to back anything politically,” he said. “We’re here to tell the families that we’ll never let them down and we’re always here to help them.”

Many Black Lives Matter demonstrators are offended by the slogans Blue Lives Matter and All Lives Matter.

Kirsten Savali, a cultural critic for the Root, an online magazine on African-American culture, said that with this event the baseball team “unapologetically spits” in the face of the Black Lives Matter movement.

“The Staten Island Yankees wanted to send a statement today, and they did: Black lives don’t matter to them or the Yankees organization,” Savali wrote. “On today of all days, they made it clear that not only is baseball ‘America’s Favorite Pastime,’ but it goes hand in hand with the continued dehumanization of black Americans.”

Similarly, Judd Legum, the editor in chief of the liberal blog Think Progress, argued that Blue Lives Matter is insensitive in that it draws attention away from victims of police violence.

“Like the refrain ‘All Lives Matter,’ it is used — online and elsewhere — to undercut the notion that there is a particular problem with police brutality against people of color,” he wrote.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:38 pm

The more I read things like this the more I firmly think a good cataclysmic plague is in order to thin out the ranks of society.
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:49 pm

It's the new way the world works.

If you are a person of authority - your life doesn't matter.

If you are white - you have zero rights in any kind of racial discussion whatsoever.

If you are a minority - your rights are superior than everyone elses.

If you are straight - you are a bigoted, self absorbed person with no sensitivity towards anyone of other genders or sexualities.

If you are any of the 12 genders that have been invented - you are repressed and must make sure your rights and gender are shoved down the throats of all straight people.

If you are not homophobic, but just not a fan of the gay community - everyone and their aunts will do everything in their power to ruin your life and destroy your business.

According to the Gender and "Lives Matter" movement: If you are STRAIGHT or WHITE - you have ZERO rights. You may NOT disagree with anything. You may NOT point out your side of the argument. You may NOT "TRAMPLE" The rights of others but you yourself must have every single right removed from you. PERIOD.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:08 pm

I have to side, to a certain extent, with the "Black Lives Matter" side of this. First of all, if they were gonna use a version of that, then they should have been informed about the anniversary of Michael Brown's death. It's tied together, maybe not directly, to the deaths of those officers since they were supposedly killed in retaliation to police killing minorities (Eric Garner and Michael Brown...the guy who's death anniversary it was). I am not gonna just accept that they went with the name and decided to be ignorant about the movement their parodying (?).

Now that by itself doesn't excuse everything, but again, I have to take an issue against "Blue Lives Matter" and "All Lives Matter." Nobody is saying those don't, "Black Lives Matter" is a reactionary movement to the perception that Black people are overwhelmingly killed, by percentage I think it was, by police officers and the fact that nobody has been making an issue about it, before the movement itself that is. They're not saying "Only Black Lives Matter," as many like to accuse them of, the message is supposed to be "Black Lives Matter Too." Just that nobody has cared for the longest time. Hell, look at the difference in coverage between people peacefully protesting and violent riots? When does the media pay attention? Only when shit really goes down. Only then do those in power feel like they have to respond.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:25 pm

They're throwing a hissy fit instead of doing something productive.
How typical of these crazy Social Justice fucks.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Luna wrote:I have to side, to a certain extent, with the "Black Lives Matter" side of this. First of all, if they were gonna use a version of that, then they should have been informed about the anniversary of Michael Brown's death. It's tied together, maybe not directly, to the deaths of those officers since they were supposedly killed in retaliation to police killing minorities (Eric Garner and Michael Brown...the guy who's death anniversary it was). I am not gonna just accept that they went with the name and decided to be ignorant about the movement their parodying (?).

Now that by itself doesn't excuse everything, but again, I have to take an issue against "Blue Lives Matter" and "All Lives Matter." Nobody is saying those don't, "Black Lives Matter" is a reactionary movement to the perception that Black people are overwhelmingly killed, by percentage I think it was, by police officers and the fact that nobody has been making an issue about it, before the movement itself that is. They're not saying "Only Black Lives Matter," as many like to accuse them of, the message is supposed to be "Black Lives Matter Too." Just that nobody has cared for the longest time. Hell, look at the difference in coverage between people peacefully protesting and violent riots? When does the media pay attention? Only when shit really goes down. Only then do those in power feel like they have to respond.

I disagree to an extent. Ferguson's problem was on the other side of the country. I don't believe NYC's minor league stadium keeps track of something that happened on the other side of the country to that degree. Furthermore, several people using the BLM hashtag are blatantly going off against whites as a whole, not just the police force. I cannot ignore the difference between the memorials as well whereas the Furgerson "memorial" march turned to riots and fights to a degree whereas we see other groups doing things peacefully and by the books.

Furthermore, the group is against the # of "All Lives Matter" as well because they feel it makes their movement less important. This is a group of individuals who openly ignore their own race murdering one another but always goes to arms if a white person is involved. Al Sharpton and the other outspoken "leaders" never have these marches when it is gang violence or b on b violence, but goes ape crazy if its white vs black. Remember the white security guard who "Supposedly" broke the black girl's arm when she went through the metal detector at her school? All the leaders went insane over it until the video was released showing that she was actually the aggressor and even attacked the guy. No apologies were made. The "Whites" are always the badguys.

I do agree with the MESSAGE they want to give because i do agree the police violence is nuts right now, but many of their group are using the hashtag to make themselves to be victims and proclaim they are worth more than all other lives.

There is a picture going around showing one of the girls who is loudest with BLM showing off her T-shirt that says "I drink White Tears" which is a blow against white people who claim they are discriminated against (she apparently has admitted several times that it is impossible for whites to feel this way and they have no right to feel said way)
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Gen Chat X^2+Y^2=C^2: "I totally forgot what number we're on" edition - Page 7 APG7Nzq_700b

girl on the left is Marissa Johnson, a so-called BlackLivesMatter member who shut down Bernie Sanders's rally in seattle to get 4 minutes of silence for Michael Brown who has been shot by a cop. They even called Bernie Sanders a White Supremacist. DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH before doing something so stupid, bernie sanders is one of the only politicians that actually marched with Martin Luther King and fought against racism 50 years ago. thousands of time more than your senseless anger and racism. wrote:

from a forum discussion on the topic
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 pm

So you are tossing aside the movement as a farce completely because of the idiots? I don't disagree about the idiots, I never have and usually stay out of any support on social media because I know how easy it is for the mob mentality to get riled up over unconfirmed, or falsified, reports.

Again, my issue is with the timing on the "Blue Lives Matter." The killer of the cops mentions Michael Brown, it's connected in some way there. They should have known and made the connection. Also, saying it's from half way across the country doesn't count. That shit was HUMONGOUS news. The protest, then riots were all over the place. You can't pass it off as some local event that people at the other side of the country wouldn't notice, come on! Hell I heard about the Ferguson stuff and I'm on the other side of the country, from Ferguson,as well. Just as far, if not farther from Ferguson than NY is from it.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:48 pm

No sympathy for their bitching.
They're mental and they all need help.
Justin
Justin

Bounty : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Luna wrote:So you are tossing aside the movement as a farce completely because of the idiots? I don't disagree about the idiots, I never have and usually stay out of any support on social media because I know how easy it is for the mob mentality to get riled up over unconfirmed, or falsified, reports.

Again, my issue is with the timing on the "Blue Lives Matter." The killer of the cops mentions Michael Brown, it's connected in some way there. They should have known and made the connection. Also, saying it's from half way across the country doesn't count. That shit was HUMONGOUS news. The protest, then riots were all over the place. You can't pass it off as some local event that people at the other side of the country wouldn't notice, come on! Hell I heard about the Ferguson stuff and I'm on the other side of the country, from Ferguson,as well. Just as far, if not farther from Ferguson than NY is from it.

No, I am not tossing the movement aside. I am saying a very vocal part of the movement is butchering it and using it for their own victim-blaiming and as a way to harass others. What I am moreso stating is the fact that they ONLY focus on white-vs-black violence and nothing else. There is no movement to stop black-on-black violence, hispanic on black violence, etc. We have dozens of murders of blacks killing blacks a day but these people never cry about it in such numbers. If "Black Lives Mattered" then they should focus on the ENTIRE community. Not just the whites.

And I agree. the news was MASSIVE and country wide. But this is a year ago. I can imagine that a baseball stadium that has countless of other dates to worry about didn't think twice over this date. It was national news but for those who it didn't effect, I am sure they forgot all about it or remember the event but not the date (I sure as hell forgot the date)

And like I said; The stadium people were raising money for families who lost their bread winners. did you hear the news today? Another fight broke out in Fergerson during the "peaceful" March.

uthorities declared a state of emergency in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday to prevent a repeat of the violence that erupted during protests overnight to mark the police shooting of an unarmed black man one year ago that ignited a national firestorm on race relations.

The order was issued for the St. Louis suburb and surrounding areas amid tensions between residents and police after officers shot and critically wounded an 18-year-old man in an exchange of gunfire that marred what had been a day of peaceful demonstrations.

Prosecutors charged the man, Tyrone Harris, who was in critical condition in a hospital, with four criminal counts, including "assault on law enforcement" and shooting at a motor vehicle. His bond was set at $250,000.

St. Louis County Executive Steve Stenger said he made the state of emergency declaration because of "the potential for harm to persons and property". It marked another chapter in the turmoil that has gripped Ferguson since Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager, was shot dead by white officer Darren Wilson a year ago.

In Ferguson, a few merchants said they were ready to protect their businesses with firearms, while store owners pleaded for calm.

Dellena Jones, an owner of a Ferguson hair salon vandalized on Sunday night, boarded up a smashed window and had a sign displayed in a window still intact that read: “We Must Stop Killing Each Other.”

On a day of civil disobedience called by activists to protest the shooting of Brown and other unarmed black men across the United States by police, 57 people were arrested as they broke through barricades at a courthouse in St. Louis and blocked the entrance, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Missouri said.

Among those arrested was Princeton University professor and activist Cornel West, according to a protest organizer.

Clergy and civil rights groups led the rally of more than 100 people through city streets, shouting, "This is what democracy looks like" and "Black lives matter".

This is what I am talking about. We have those who can do things peacefully but then others who just want to cause as much crap as possible then blame "The Man" when they get called out on it. I applaud those who tried to keep it civil - I really do but the "idiots" are the ones who are using this to their advantage and butchering everything it could stand for - some of those idiots being the leaders themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/us/ferguson-protests/index.html\

If these "BLM" leaders were so into their cause, why in the hell would they attack the baseball stadium over raising money for people when its on the other side of the country over speaking out against those who caused problems during the march and memorial today in Ferguson?
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunacy Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:19 pm

I'm saying that I understand the point, to an extent, of where the "Black Lives Matter" people may find it offensive. Intent or not, they had an event with "Blue Lives Matter" on/very near the anniversary of one of those that kickstarted the "Black Lives Matter" campaign. The perception can easily be seen that it's to offend. Especially when they're parodying, I don't know if it's in solidarity or not, the name of the movement and it's to honor and remember police officers, which were the perpetrators in the other one.
I'm not saying that the officers shouldn't be honored, just that the timing and who it was can be perceived as a jab.

As for the Ferguson stuff, yeah I heard about it. I always lament when it turns violent. When people looking for an opportunity to mess around join in and ruin it for the ones doing things seriously.
Lunacy
Lunacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Luna wrote:I'm saying that I understand the point, to an extent, of where the "Black Lives Matter" people may find it offensive. Intent or not, they had an event with "Blue Lives Matter" on/very near the anniversary of one of those that kickstarted the "Black Lives Matter" campaign. The perception can easily be seen that it's to offend. Especially when they're parodying, I don't know if it's in solidarity or not, the name of the movement and it's to honor and remember police officers, which were the perpetrators in the other one.
I'm not saying that the officers shouldn't be honored, just that the timing and who it was can be perceived as a jab.

As for the Ferguson stuff, yeah I heard about it. I always lament when it turns violent. When people looking for an opportunity to mess around join in and ruin it for the ones doing things seriously.

I can agree with that. I don't feel like they are parodying the BLM movement per say. I am thinking it is more of those "This trend is big right now, let's bandwagon on it for this one event to help raise money" but the timing was off. I truly do think that it was because (at least for the stadium more than the people who started the event) it was something a year ago, the stadium didn't think twice of the dates. Those organizing it though, may have which itself is a dick move.

God, all this reminds me of the damned Occupy movement...DAMN did I hate that...
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next