Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread

5 posters

Go down

First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread Empty First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:55 pm

This is for discussing and prepping for our legit first video game. Posting updates, artwork for the game, coding, videos, tutorials, and schedules all go here.

FIRST MEETING: Saturday the 21st @ 3pm Pacific Time

Topic(s) of discussion:

1. Inventory List of programs available to us to make a game. Who has what program. How much experience does one have with their programs?

2. What kind of game should we choose first? How difficult will it be to make assets, program, and what platform to release it upon?

3. Who will work on what? Can we dedicate at least 3 hours a week to making the game?

4. When can/should we have meetings

Also; below - please list some ideas for games we have that are doable based off our current skill levels.

If you want to be involved; post the programs you have, how much experience you have with them, and if you are able to model/draw assets or now.

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Bounty : 41

https://wssf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread Empty Re: First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread

Post by -Mazer Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Programs:

ClickTeam Studio: Experience with it - I can get a lot of basic 16-bit top-down style movements, attacks, and processes figured out. I have problems with enemy AI and figuring out how to properly spawn enemies randomly (though enemies placed down on the map then activating I can do).

RPG Maker VX: Lots of experience with this. Worked on it for a year for GT: The Game. I am planning to update to the newest one to experiment with it even more.

Pixlr art Program: Decent enough experience though my sprite-making abilities are meh.

Sprite Animator: I have a Sprite Animation program that lets me take the frames and turn them into proper sprite sheets or animate them completely for importing. I have pretty good experience with this program.
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread Empty Re: First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread

Post by Koenig Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:17 pm

I have Unity 5 and RPG maker VX; however my skills with each are rudimentary at best. I have focused exclusively on design theory up to this point and have no actual experience, however I will gladly share the resources I have used up to this point.

Spoiler:

Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:07 am

I have my sketchbook and Sai.

*nervous cough*
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Koenig Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:38 pm

I seriously forget what everyone's Skype name was. Mind sharing again?
(PS: mine is Jesse.Koenig2)
Koenig
Koenig

Bounty : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:39 pm

Mazer, do you want me to post my art as I finish it, or release them in groups?
Lux
Lux

Bounty : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by zulux21 Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:31 am

I have no clue if I will help with this but I suppose I can at least list off the programs I have. (I have at best a few hours of messing around with stuff in any of these)

game systems that aren't free.

RPG Maker VX Ace (actually have an extra key to this as well lol) with following packs
high fantasy main party pack 1
Futuristic Tiles Resource Pack
Zombie Survival Graphic Pack
Inspirational Vol. 1
Adventurer's Journey
High Fantasy Resource Pack
Royal Tiles Resource Pack
Rural Farm Tiles Resource Pack
Tyler Warren RPG Battlers – 2nd 50
Tyler Warren First 50 Battler Pack
Luna Engine

Axis Game Factory's AGFPRO v3 (I also have an extra key for this one lol) with the following packs
AGFPPROV3 Premium (extra key)
Drone Kombat
AGFPRO Voxelsculpt
Zombie Survival Pack
Zombie FPS (extra key)
Fantasy Side-Scroller Player

Game Guru with the following packs
Game Guru: Mega Pack 1
Game Guru: Buildings Pack
Fantasy Pack
Megapack 3
Death Valley Pack
megapack 2

gamemaker studio (with android export)

rpg maker XP

TyranoBuilder visual novel studio

art programs
Game Character Hub (I think I have an extra key for this)
Spriter Pro
Sprite Lamp
PlayCanvas + TANX
Stencyl: Indie Edition 1-Year License (activated today as it said it expired on oct 21st so I had to try it >.>)

I noted where I had extra keys but I still haven't decided what to do with them as I collected these things to eventually make a game of my own and might need them for my wife but who knows what I will actually do with them Razz

anyways would just put that info out there that I have this stuff as I might be motivated at times to learn a given program a bit to help so I know the program a bit better.
zulux21
zulux21

Bounty : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:44 am

Lux wrote:Mazer, do you want me to post my art as I finish it, or release them in groups?
as you finish Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:06 pm

-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:39 am

so... I had started something as a potential reworking of that one concept pic from back in September/October(?) and ended up doing something completely different....

will post tomorrow
LegendX48
LegendX48

Bounty : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:47 pm

First WSS Video Game Discussion Thread Tumblr_nz0q432aTi1t50g6fo1_540

So... this started as me trying to redo the initial concept I drew way back but... this happened. Thoughts?
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Not bad. I am trying to find something to critique but really cannot fault anything for a concept
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LegendX48 Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:04 pm

well... symmetry of the facial features is off >.>

beyond that, no Lois Griffin look!
LegendX48
LegendX48

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mazer Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:06 pm

that is true Very Happy
-Mazer
-Mazer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down